Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#100264 Sep 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You can ignore it if you choose but there is scientific evidence against a global flood.
No. Evidence doesn't exist to prove the nonexistence of a global flood.
I said this before. You can give personal opinions for why you think a global flood never happened, that you can do. But you will never have actual evidence to prove a global flood never took place.
Stating that puts you where scientists were when they stated there was evidence to prove nothing could exist without sunlight, that nothing could live in superheated water, that life didn't exist in ice etc. Understand?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100265 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I said this before. You can give personal opinions for why you think a global flood never happened, that you can do. But you will never have actual evidence to prove a global flood never took place.
Stating that puts you where scientists were when they stated there was evidence to prove nothing could exist without sunlight, that nothing could live in superheated water, that life didn't exist in ice etc. Understand?
We ahve extremely strong evidence that a flood never took place.

You clearly have no idea what is and what is not evidence.

For example the lack of worldwide genetic bottlenecks is extremely strong evidence against the flood.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#100266 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have dog ship for brains?
It's no personal opinion, it is a physical reality that the flood myth is impossible.
You may as well speak of the hollow Earth theory, because you traverse a mountain of stupid to arrive at the decision there was a global flood.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#100267 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah dude, but this lack of evidence has been going on for 300 years while thousands of scientists and plain fundamentalists have been looking for it. Never happened. There is absolutely NO evidence for a Noachian flood. The story has been falsified.

If somehow you can find some real evidence for a flood...come to us....until then it is a closed subject with science.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#100268 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody ever thought bacteria could live in extreme places until the evidence came in and more testing was done. Now we knows that bacteria can even live and thrive in JP4/JP5 jet fuel. Scary stuff.

You seem to be of the opinion that all scientific knowledge is wrong or twisted, and because it is wrong at first, but then revised, you don't believe any of it.

Typical evangelical fundamentalist YEC attitude....can't learn anything new.:-)

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#100269 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a perfect example for why science is so slow in it's advancements. If something can't be beheld by any of the human senses, then there's no reason to investigate it's possible existence. And a shut mind views nothing. But an open mind is the reason theories become fact.
How about the Large Hadron Collider in Europe, and the particles they are looking for? How about black holes which were theorized,but not seen or detected for years?

As usual you are showing a complete lack of understanding of science and the scientific method.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#100270 Sep 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>You have nothing my friend.
Why the need to lie wordy?

I could understand you disagreeing with proof but you must except evidence.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#100271 Sep 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think an all powerful god would be able to keep his word from being corrupted. Especially considering he is the one who allegedly confused the languages.
According to what's in the Bible, it's God instituted a thing called "free will" when it came to choosing to obey and or disobey. According to that interpretation, those obeying that God would thus copy previously written works in a 'more' correct fashion than a 'more' incorrect fashion.
So assuming this God would 'force' everything to come to be (as you state concerning his written words) in a specific manner, there would be no need to tell anyone to obey him.
Instead we would have stories of a God that revealed they had forced everything to be as it is and that's all we needed to know. All of this talk of right and wrong, good and evil would logically have been a waste of time.
If this God had been that controlling, life would have logically been so different. No churches, no religions, no laws, no right no wrong. We would be born and we would do as genetically predisposed without incident and free of yin and yang influences. We would have a predisposed nature to know what to do and when to do it when the time came for it to happen be it mating or building a home.
Just an opinion though :)
Level 1

Location hidden

#100272 Sep 28, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You really don't understand science do you. You see it in terms of your own feeble understanding of your belief system and figure that must be how it is. You are the one that is sad.
I guess I don't

When I grew up science was honorable and stayed within the laws of the universe.

Now it is more less a religion dealing with impossibilities rather then facts.
Level 1

Location hidden

#100273 Sep 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Like germ theory, gravity theory, and evolutionary theory....all facts, as well as theories.
Sorry not all facts.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#100274 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
In the earth on every continent is a fine layer from the last asteroid that hit to the east of South America. That layer existed when dinosaurs were still walking the earth. Geologists have been analyzing the layers of the earth intently for the last 60 years and 99% of all those people analyzing the earth's layers never saw it because they weren't looking for it because they didn't know it existed. Yet it did exist. And they never saw it.
I never said a global flood took place but I have an open mind for possibilities for what might exist that hasn't been realized yet.
In the earth on every continent is a layer of iridium that was laid down by the Asteroid that created the Chicxulub crater off the coast of Yucatan. This crater is 65 million years old and is considered to be one of the chief reason the giant dinosaurs became extinct.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#100275 Sep 28, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the need to lie wordy?
I could understand you disagreeing with proof but you must except evidence.
Sorry KJV, I haven't seen any real evidence....have you??
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#100276 Sep 28, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I don't
When I grew up science was honorable and stayed within the laws of the universe.
2000+ years and still no proof your cult religions so called god is real....PROOF NOW OR SHUT UP.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#100277 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Contemplate if the sea and ocean floors are land level. Now what? How much of your mountains would be above sea level?
Seriously dude, we can date when things like that may have happened. There was nothing like that going on around 4000 to 6000 years ago....NOTHING.

Level 8

Location hidden

#100278 Sep 28, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I don't
Like you knew what the laws of the universe were then...pfft

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#100279 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Another poster suggested stationary buildings should be found.
There were millions of native American Indians in just North America for hundreds to thousands to tens of thousands of years. Why aren't we finding in the least hundreds of thousands of campsites with garbage and such evidence from the east coast to the west coast as you stated should have been found by a mass exodus of people living/moving about in a wilderness for just 40 years?
It's only been close to a century since Indians almost stopped having a nomadic life in North America moving here and there with seasons and the movement of animals like the buffalo. The topsoil should be littered with hundreds of thousands of spots where the native Indians had lived before moving on. The evidence should be so overwhelming it wouldn't even be exciting to find such a spot.
Since the 1990's, archaeologists have explored and dated eleven Middle Archaic sites in present-day Louisiana and Florida at which early cultures built complexes with multiple earthwork mounds; they were societies of hunter-gatherers rather than the settled agriculturalists believed necessary according to the theory of Neolithic Revolution to sustain such large villages over long periods.

The prime example is Watson Brake in northern Louisiana, whose 11-mound complex is dated to 3500 BC, making it the oldest, dated site in the Americas for such complex construction. Construction of the mounds went on for 500 years until was abandoned about 2800 BC, probably due to changing environmental conditions.

Poverty Point culture is a Late Archaic archaeological culture that inhabited the area of the lower Mississippi Valley and surrounding Gulf Coast. The culture thrived from 2200 BC to 700 BC, during the Late Archaic period.[23] Artifacts show the people traded with other Native Americans located from Georgia to the Great Lakes region.

This is one among numerous mound sites of complex indigenous cultures throughout the Mississippi and Ohio valleys. They were one of several succeeding cultures often referred to as mound builders.

We have tremendous evidence of 'Native Americans' in the Americas from 13,000 years ago till today. What the heck else do you want.

If a million Native Americans gathered together and stomped around an area for 40 years we WOULD know about it. A small group constantly traveling to following herds....not so much.

Learn science dude.
drink The hivE

Anonymous Proxy

#100280 Sep 28, 2013
Now U Are Saying The Object Is What's Important - Hard 2 Follow...

http://www.freakingnews.com/Harry-Reid-the-Do...

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#100281 Sep 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Like you knew what the laws of the universe were then...pfft
I would say that when the Tzar was growing up, what he pictured about science was the image he saw in TV and the movies.

Level 8

Location hidden

#100282 Sep 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the 1990's, archaeologists have explored and dated eleven Middle Archaic sites in present-day Louisiana and Florida at which early cultures built complexes with multiple earthwork mounds; they were societies of hunter-gatherers rather than the settled agriculturalists believed necessary according to the theory of Neolithic Revolution to sustain such large villages over long periods.
The prime example is Watson Brake in northern Louisiana, whose 11-mound complex is dated to 3500 BC, making it the oldest, dated site in the Americas for such complex construction. Construction of the mounds went on for 500 years until was abandoned about 2800 BC, probably due to changing environmental conditions.
Poverty Point culture is a Late Archaic archaeological culture that inhabited the area of the lower Mississippi Valley and surrounding Gulf Coast. The culture thrived from 2200 BC to 700 BC, during the Late Archaic period.[23] Artifacts show the people traded with other Native Americans located from Georgia to the Great Lakes region.
This is one among numerous mound sites of complex indigenous cultures throughout the Mississippi and Ohio valleys. They were one of several succeeding cultures often referred to as mound builders.
We have tremendous evidence of 'Native Americans' in the Americas from 13,000 years ago till today. What the heck else do you want.
If a million Native Americans gathered together and stomped around an area for 40 years we WOULD know about it. A small group constantly traveling to following herds....not so much.
Learn science dude.
Early Indian sites are called Pre-Clovis , while there has been things found very old like some of the petroglyphs they now say are 35 ybp, most are like you said though they are pushing 14,000 ybp. Here is an interactive map of them.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/explore-...

There is one on my state , one of the oldest known . But I think the reasons we don't find many actual Indian bones is that they were very careful about how they handled the dead. You know they were really superstitious and most likely thought if they didn't treat remains a certain way they would come back and haunt the living.

http://www.pbs.org/saf/1406/segments/1406-1.h...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/...

Level 8

Location hidden

#100283 Sep 28, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I would say that when the Tzar was growing up, what he pictured about science was the image he saw in TV and the movies.
I only know he has resorted to dishonesty , when we exchanged posts about gravity he turned into a denying and lying buffoon.
He clearly will not be shaken from religious stupidity, he prefers to omit whatever conflicts with his pseudoscience. The scary part is he has to lie through his teeth to copy and paste the right parts, being careful not to include the parts that reveals his stupidity.
SAD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 8 min Grace Nerissa_ 24,782
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 11 min Grace Nerissa 30,310
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min --IslandGurL-- 152,506
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 29 min Grace Nerissa 37,726
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 37 min Grace Nerissa 1,759
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 53 min Yupp111 1,084
Tell Us Who or What You Really Are,...? (Apr '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 1,644
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr wichita-rick 318
Is it possible to....... 1 hr CJ Rocker 578
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr Sarah 25,711
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 3 hr Dr Wu 236
More from around the web