Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 210022 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100258 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.....really? Where did you get that crap? Where did you read a global flood would cause the loss of all life? An extremist, that's where you got that crap from.
I'll give you this exception to prove your crap point. If you can show proof that if the world flooded itself every single inch would have to be superheated beyond any known measure to kill all life you have grounds for your point.
But you have no point. Volcanic action not resulting in great heat can and has pushed ocean/sea floors to sea levels without killing all existing life. Then you have to deal with the fact that mud/silt itself sustains life in seawater and freshwater in cold and super heated water environments. Just saying.
Perhaps he should have said practically all life. Bacteria would probably survive.

And you keep making idiotic claims without any evidence that backs your claims up. That means your claims are bullshit.

So, when has volcanic action ever greatly changed sea level over a very short period of time? The reason that we know Biblical flooding would have killed off everything except for bacteria is that 5 + miles of water would have to come either from outer space or from deep below the Earth. Either one would lead to all life beyond the single cellular dying off. So where did your 5 miles of water come from?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#100259 Sep 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Doesn't matter WHAT evidence we find, you say a global flood MIGHT have happened. It's not that you simply have a lack of evidence, actual existing evidence of reality quite literally contradicts your claims. Meaning the only way around this is magic.
Therefore a global flood MIGHT have happened.
Because magic.
No. I state the 'possible' evidence for one or more global floodings hasn't been found because were not seeing it IF, if in fact the evidence exists.
The humorous but ignorant thing is you and others believe if evidence were found for a global flood, it would mean the Noah story would be seen as correct and the writer got it correct and that is not true.
Let's go from the other end for a bit shall we? Two thousand years ago a writer in the Bible stated/insinuated in the end of time the earth would be a mass of flames. Science has stated theoretically that the earth will become that at one point in the future. How did that writer 2000 years guess correct what scientists today claim what will take place?
"...the Day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with a fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." (II Peter 3:10-)

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100260 Sep 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You're reading quite a bit into that stele. While it is very possible that it does refer to Israel (which is in some doubt) exactly what occurred after their defeat is pretty much guesswork.
No. And I based my statement on 'if'. The statement on the stella speaks of the wars and defeats others suffered by this pharaoh. And it states all he warred with and conquered who lived were bound meaning made captives. Captives were 'usually' always brought back to that conquering kings country in ancient times. That's the accepted interpretation of the quote by the professionals interpreting it regardless if the word Israel pertains to the ancestors of modern day Jews or not.

The princes are prostrate, saying: "Mercy!"
Not one raises his head among the Nine Bows.
Desolation is for Tehenu;
Hatti is pacified;
Plundered is the Canaan with every evil;
Carried off is Ashkelon;
seized upon is Gezer;
Yeno`am is made as that which does not exist;
Israel is laid waste, his seed is not;
Hurru is become a widow for Egypt!
All lands together, they are pacified;
everyone who was restless has been bound
by the king of Upper and Lower Egypt;
Be-en Re Meri-Amon; the Son of Re;
mer-ne-Ptah Hotep-hir-Maat, given life
like Re every day.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100261 Sep 28, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Trauma after death?
I was repeating what someone else stated.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100263 Sep 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about buildings? Tents or not they woukd have built thousands of fires. Left tons of garbage behind. They would have buried their dead. Every heard of middens. Why is there no trace?
<quoted text>
I would not be. If it's there.
Another poster suggested stationary buildings should be found.
There were millions of native American Indians in just North America for hundreds to thousands to tens of thousands of years. Why aren't we finding in the least hundreds of thousands of campsites with garbage and such evidence from the east coast to the west coast as you stated should have been found by a mass exodus of people living/moving about in a wilderness for just 40 years?
It's only been close to a century since Indians almost stopped having a nomadic life in North America moving here and there with seasons and the movement of animals like the buffalo. The topsoil should be littered with hundreds of thousands of spots where the native Indians had lived before moving on. The evidence should be so overwhelming it wouldn't even be exciting to find such a spot.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100264 Sep 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You can ignore it if you choose but there is scientific evidence against a global flood.
No. Evidence doesn't exist to prove the nonexistence of a global flood.
I said this before. You can give personal opinions for why you think a global flood never happened, that you can do. But you will never have actual evidence to prove a global flood never took place.
Stating that puts you where scientists were when they stated there was evidence to prove nothing could exist without sunlight, that nothing could live in superheated water, that life didn't exist in ice etc. Understand?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100265 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I said this before. You can give personal opinions for why you think a global flood never happened, that you can do. But you will never have actual evidence to prove a global flood never took place.
Stating that puts you where scientists were when they stated there was evidence to prove nothing could exist without sunlight, that nothing could live in superheated water, that life didn't exist in ice etc. Understand?
We ahve extremely strong evidence that a flood never took place.

You clearly have no idea what is and what is not evidence.

For example the lack of worldwide genetic bottlenecks is extremely strong evidence against the flood.

“Proud Member”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#100266 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have dog ship for brains?
It's no personal opinion, it is a physical reality that the flood myth is impossible.
You may as well speak of the hollow Earth theory, because you traverse a mountain of stupid to arrive at the decision there was a global flood.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#100267 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah dude, but this lack of evidence has been going on for 300 years while thousands of scientists and plain fundamentalists have been looking for it. Never happened. There is absolutely NO evidence for a Noachian flood. The story has been falsified.

If somehow you can find some real evidence for a flood...come to us....until then it is a closed subject with science.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#100268 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody ever thought bacteria could live in extreme places until the evidence came in and more testing was done. Now we knows that bacteria can even live and thrive in JP4/JP5 jet fuel. Scary stuff.

You seem to be of the opinion that all scientific knowledge is wrong or twisted, and because it is wrong at first, but then revised, you don't believe any of it.

Typical evangelical fundamentalist YEC attitude....can't learn anything new.:-)

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#100269 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a perfect example for why science is so slow in it's advancements. If something can't be beheld by any of the human senses, then there's no reason to investigate it's possible existence. And a shut mind views nothing. But an open mind is the reason theories become fact.
How about the Large Hadron Collider in Europe, and the particles they are looking for? How about black holes which were theorized,but not seen or detected for years?

As usual you are showing a complete lack of understanding of science and the scientific method.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#100270 Sep 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>You have nothing my friend.
Why the need to lie wordy?

I could understand you disagreeing with proof but you must except evidence.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100271 Sep 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think an all powerful god would be able to keep his word from being corrupted. Especially considering he is the one who allegedly confused the languages.
According to what's in the Bible, it's God instituted a thing called "free will" when it came to choosing to obey and or disobey. According to that interpretation, those obeying that God would thus copy previously written works in a 'more' correct fashion than a 'more' incorrect fashion.
So assuming this God would 'force' everything to come to be (as you state concerning his written words) in a specific manner, there would be no need to tell anyone to obey him.
Instead we would have stories of a God that revealed they had forced everything to be as it is and that's all we needed to know. All of this talk of right and wrong, good and evil would logically have been a waste of time.
If this God had been that controlling, life would have logically been so different. No churches, no religions, no laws, no right no wrong. We would be born and we would do as genetically predisposed without incident and free of yin and yang influences. We would have a predisposed nature to know what to do and when to do it when the time came for it to happen be it mating or building a home.
Just an opinion though :)
Level 1

Location hidden

#100272 Sep 28, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You really don't understand science do you. You see it in terms of your own feeble understanding of your belief system and figure that must be how it is. You are the one that is sad.
I guess I don't

When I grew up science was honorable and stayed within the laws of the universe.

Now it is more less a religion dealing with impossibilities rather then facts.
Level 1

Location hidden

#100273 Sep 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Like germ theory, gravity theory, and evolutionary theory....all facts, as well as theories.
Sorry not all facts.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#100274 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
In the earth on every continent is a fine layer from the last asteroid that hit to the east of South America. That layer existed when dinosaurs were still walking the earth. Geologists have been analyzing the layers of the earth intently for the last 60 years and 99% of all those people analyzing the earth's layers never saw it because they weren't looking for it because they didn't know it existed. Yet it did exist. And they never saw it.
I never said a global flood took place but I have an open mind for possibilities for what might exist that hasn't been realized yet.
In the earth on every continent is a layer of iridium that was laid down by the Asteroid that created the Chicxulub crater off the coast of Yucatan. This crater is 65 million years old and is considered to be one of the chief reason the giant dinosaurs became extinct.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#100275 Sep 28, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the need to lie wordy?
I could understand you disagreeing with proof but you must except evidence.
Sorry KJV, I haven't seen any real evidence....have you??
Huh

Faribault, MN

#100276 Sep 28, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I don't
When I grew up science was honorable and stayed within the laws of the universe.
2000+ years and still no proof your cult religions so called god is real....PROOF NOW OR SHUT UP.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#100277 Sep 28, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Contemplate if the sea and ocean floors are land level. Now what? How much of your mountains would be above sea level?
Seriously dude, we can date when things like that may have happened. There was nothing like that going on around 4000 to 6000 years ago....NOTHING.

“Proud Member”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#100278 Sep 28, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I don't
Like you knew what the laws of the universe were then...pfft

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 29 min xmas times acomin 201,180
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 43 min 8541 MARINE 135
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... (Aug '15) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 1,317
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 1 hr wichita-rick 4,249
Word Association (Mar '10) 1 hr wichita-rick 21,308
News Hungry lion gets its head stuck in very unfortu... 1 hr Geezer 11
Word Association (Jun '10) 1 hr wichita-rick 31,048
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 3 hr A_Visitor 9,170
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 5 hr mike 473
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 6 hr Anti Religious 8,996
More from around the web