Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#100100 Sep 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If only you had something to offer other than baseless ad-hom.(shrug)
Ad homs? You are the number one poster of ad homs in this forum. You want me to list all the name calling and labeling you post?

Yeah maybe I have nothing to offer here. Maybe this forum isn't the right place to be.

Level 5

above and beyond

#100101 Sep 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I did use the caveat 'if'.(shrug)
<quoted text>
I'll make it really simple for you - abiogenesis and the Big Bang are separated by approximately... ten BILLION years.
Seriously? In order to criticize a concept you don't understand you have to move the goalposts back 10,000,000,000 years? Especially after I already made a statement about the start of the Big Bang. So there are only three possibilities:
1 - You're exceedingly daft.
2 - You're exceedingly intellectually dishonest.
3 - You're exceedingly daft and intellectually dishonest.
<quoted text>
Well I guess I could watch a video or two... Pile of dirt and spare rib, right?
So in other words you don't have an answer. Stop making all kinds of excuses to dodge the question.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#100102 Sep 25, 2013
BASHER505 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. But that was one of the earliest mistakes in the first release of "The Origin"
It's not a mistake if he had no idea DNA existed. Newton on the other hand KNEW Mercury never fit with his theory. However even then I'm pretty sure he didn't particularly try to hide it. But at least that would fit the term 'blunder' better.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#100103 Sep 25, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad homs? You are the number one poster of ad homs in this forum. You want me to list all the name calling and labeling you post?
If you would find that fun, be my guest. Then I will provide detailed explanations as to why they are in actual fact accurate descriptions rather than ad-homs.
Cybele wrote:
Yeah maybe I have nothing to offer here. Maybe this forum isn't the right place to be.
Well you DID say that earlier:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

(shrug)

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#100104 Sep 25, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words you don't have an answer. Stop making all kinds of excuses to dodge the question.

If science can't explain something, it's a definite fact it's an unknown and it doesn't point to a god or designer as being the cause.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#100105 Sep 25, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't. Here's the answer:

http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/13494836...

And as for what caused that, here's the answer:

Note that despite your inaccurate and dishonest claims, neither of these cause the slightest problem for abiogenesis, which involves the development of life on planet Earth during a time when all the materials required had already been present for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#100106 Sep 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a mistake if he had no idea DNA existed. Newton on the other hand KNEW Mercury never fit with his theory. However even then I'm pretty sure he didn't particularly try to hide it. But at least that would fit the term 'blunder' better.
The amount Newtons calculations are off is mini, 43 arc seconds per century. Or 0.0119444444 degrees every 100 years. That's why Nasa still uses Newtons formulas

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#100107 Sep 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
But it just MIGHT have!!! What if it DID??
:-(
http://zamabatkhela.com/wp-content/uploads/20...
Ask KAB, Mr Data.

Level 5

above and beyond

#100108 Sep 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
If science can't explain something, it's a definite fact it's an unknown and it doesn't point to a god or designer as being the cause.
I could care less what you call God or not. But there is something that "created" everything. There may be a multitude of them.

Level 5

above and beyond

#100109 Sep 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't. Here's the answer:
http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/13494836...
And as for what caused that, here's the answer:
Note that despite your inaccurate and dishonest claims, neither of these cause the slightest problem for abiogenesis, which involves the development of life on planet Earth during a time when all the materials required had already been present for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooong time.
Dude, the simplest element, you don't have an answer to it. LOL! You are the daft one. You can't even tell where natural processes come from and why they occur. You have no clue! Abiogenesis don't have an answer, all they have are contradicting theories. Nada...

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#100110 Sep 25, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, the simplest element, you don't have an answer to it. LOL! You are the daft one. You can't even tell where natural processes come from and why they occur. You have no clue! Abiogenesis don't have an answer, all they have are contradicting theories. Nada...
Sure there is an explanation. Nucleosynthesis created all known natural elements.

Level 5

above and beyond

#100111 Sep 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Sure there is an explanation. Nucleosynthesis created all known natural elements.
That natural process did not answer the question

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#100112 Sep 25, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
That natural process did not answer the question
Yes but why... will forever be a mystery, and you nor I can ever answer it. So,

Why ask a why? Chances are the answer, will make you mad.

Level 5

above and beyond

#100113 Sep 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but why... will forever be a mystery, and you nor I can ever answer it. So,
Why ask a why? Chances are the answer, will make you mad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TSkU_3dQwm4XX
I'm not into that noise

I listen to real music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#100115 Sep 25, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not into that noise
I listen to real music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_8m91u5aCcEXX
Music is noise yes, but it doesn't have to live up to any of our standards to be so.

BTW nice..

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100119 Sep 25, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists say everything came from one very tiny point of something and grew into the entire universe, isn't that as hard to believe as that there is a "god"? Both pretty far fetched if you ask me.
Actually that is not quite what science says.

Perhaps a bit of education would be in order.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100120 Sep 25, 2013
Here is a short educational video for you:

&fe ature=c4-overview&list=UUU HW94eEFW7hkUMVaZz4eDg

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#100122 Sep 25, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists say everything came from one very tiny point of something and grew into the entire universe, isn't that as hard to believe as that there is a "god"? Both pretty far fetched if you ask me.
Yes science does say that the big bang that happened when nothing was there, not even time, continued to expand and became the universe with now with time. About 9-10 billion years after that big bang some how a single cell organism formed out of the things that in time formed from that big bang. That then single celled organism started multiplying, learned how or just luckily became a multi-celled organism and even started multiplying more. As time went on it became vertebrae organism, grew eyes, legs and etc etc, then evolved to animals, then also evolved to plants for the animals to eat, then the plants also started to eat the animals, from there some came from the water to live on land and some went from land to live in the water, some of the largest animals that ever existed became the little birds we see today and some of the smallest animals went on to became some of the biggest species we see today(such as whales). Everything we see today started from a single celled organism that not only evolved into other things to survive off of itself, it also learned to shape shift(change big to small and small to big) and become everything we see today. So my question to you is what the hellll is soooo hard to believe about that???

I am sure I skipped a few steps but the concept of it all is pretty much there.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#100123 Sep 25, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, i don't know any fundamentalists. I haven't denied evolution, I'm just not convinced of that first spark of life and where it came from. Random molecules spontaneously igniting life is shades of Frankenstein, isn't it?
And you don't think that having a spirit floating around the sky telling men to kill the neighboring tribes is not creepy??

Telling one of his followers to gather 100 foreskins as tribute.

Demanding the death of pregnant women by running swords through their bellies and bashing babies against rocks.

Killing the first-born children a few times

Turning out Job to the mercies of Satan (killed family/took everything).

This is the same God that's in the Old and New Testament, but now the PR people have got hold of him and he is a 'Loving God'

I find the adventures of the Christian religion, through time, as much more of a Frankenstein story then the accidental abiogenesis of life on earth.

“Truder 3/4 mile, call the ball”

Level 2

Since: May 11

Truder 505 ball, 2.5

#100124 Sep 25, 2013
Earlier I posted something that I thought would be thought provoking and insitefull. However, it is now quarter to 12 at night, I've had a few fingers of good 22 year old scotch and I'd like to share something that struck me while reading the posts since then...

A bumper sticker I once saw said; LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!

All of this rhetorical religious drivel... No wonder people like me think people like you are suited only for banging rocks together and making grunting noises while flinging religious poo everywhere.

that's it for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 2 min DILF 5,678
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 3 min DILF 28,173
News James Franco Says He and Selena Gomez Had a "Ba... 5 min DILF 1
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 7 min Mechanic 4,193
News Erratic school worker pleads not guilty to fals... 7 min DILF 2
2words into 2new words (May '12) 11 min DILF 1,464
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 12 min DILF 31,550
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min The - Wizard 159,917
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 39,998
Word Association (Jun '10) 5 hr wichita-rick 26,982
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 7 hr Beautiful Black M... 200
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 8 hr honeymylove 139,790
More from around the web