Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,726)

Showing posts 94,501 - 94,520 of105,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>With an error margin of 0.8 billion? Not a major worry.

How do you explain... well, anything?

Goddidit with magic. There IS no explaining. The epitomy of ignorance. And you're sure on board with that.
Are Your happy that you think you got this star to fit into your theory?

What are the chances that this is the oldest star?.000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000 0000001%

http://m.space.com/20112-oldest-known-star-un...

The oldest known star appears to be older than the universe itself, but a new study is helping to clear up this seeming paradox.
Previous research had estimated that the Milky Way galaxy's so-called "Methuselah star" is up to 16 billion years old. That's a problem, since most researchers agree that the Big Bang that created the universe occurred about 13.8 billion years ago.

Now a team of astronomers has derived a new, less nonsensical age for the Methuselah star, incorporating information about its distance, brightness, composition and structure.

"Put all of those ingredients together, and you get an age of 14.5 billion years, with a residual uncertainty that makes the star's age compatible with the age of the universe," study lead author Howard Bond, of Pennsylvania State University and the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, said in a statement.[Gallery: The Methuselah Star Revealed]
The uncertainty Bond refers to is plus or minus 800 million years, which means the star could actually be 13.7 billion years old — younger than the universe as it's currently understood, though just barely.

Note the effort to wiggle this star into the age if the universe.

Eye wide open!

It took the universe around a billion years to cool to the point where it couldn't star producing stars.(If you buy into the BB)

"After 1 billion years, the temperature is 20 K and galaxies and stars have begun to form via gravitational contraction of over-densities in the initial Universe. A a few billion years our Galaxy forms, at about 10 billion years after the Big Bang the Sun and Earth form. After 15 billion years we reach the present and a background temperature of about 3 K."

http://www.astro.utu.fi/~cflynn/Stars/l1.html

This star with out question proves the BB a Myth.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares.(shrug)
God

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
As your super hero Steven Hawkins states:
For time to exist all the laws of physics are broken.
Obviously not.

Do you think things through?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

spOko wrote:
<quoted text>In a way He did, in the head's of the believers - no?
God exist outside of time (which he created) God exist outside the laws of physics which he also created.

God tells man "I am the Alpha and Omega"

Man kind can't expect to fully understand Heaven or Hell. That does not make them mythical or magical.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
As your super hero Steven Hawkins states:
For time to exist all the laws of physics are broken.
You're still misspelling Hawking....it's Steven Hawking.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

spOko wrote:
<quoted text>Einstein disagrees (space-time curves)!
Perpetual motion breaks the laws of physics, nothing exists w/o time – nothing!
Including Time.

Time cannot come into existence with out time.

The existence of time is proof of creation.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Where can I go to verify this star story??
I'm sorry wordy I thought this. Star was common knowledge.

Here you go.

The oldest known star appears to be older than the universe itself, but a new study is helping to clear up this seeming paradox.
Previous research had estimated that the Milky Way galaxy's so-called "Methuselah star" is up to 16 billion years old. That's a problem, since most researchers agree that the Big Bang that created the universe occurred about 13.8 billion years ago.

Now a team of astronomers has derived a new, less nonsensical age for the Methuselah star, incorporating information about its distance, brightness, composition and structure.

"Put all of those ingredients together, and you get an age of 14.5 billion years, with a residual uncertainty that makes the star's age compatible with the age of the universe," study lead author Howard Bond, of Pennsylvania State University and the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, said in a statement.[Gallery: The Methuselah Star Revealed]
The uncertainty Bond refers to is plus or minus 800 million years, which means the star could actually be 13.7 billion years old — younger than the universe as it's currently understood, though just barely.

Eye wide open!

It took the universe around a billion years to cool to the point where it couldn't star producing stars.(If you buy into the BB)

"After 1 billion years, the temperature is 20 K and galaxies and stars have begun to form via gravitational contraction of over-densities in the initial Universe. A a few billion years our Galaxy forms, at about 10 billion years after the Big Bang the Sun and Earth form. After 15 billion years we reach the present and a background temperature of about 3 K."

Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
God exist outside of time (which he created) God exist outside the laws of physics which he also created.
God tells man "I am the Alpha and Omega"
Man kind can't expect to fully understand Heaven or Hell. That does not make them mythical or magical.
And the only so called proof you have for your cults god is a 2000 year old book written by uneducated sheep farmers.....
\

I will stick with facts...you can have your myth cults crap.
drink The hivE

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Do U Meed A Med' Adjustment?...

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/penog123/pe...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Will you stop fixating?

I know I've explained the Rapid Expansion Phase to you before.
Yes I've heard the guess you believe in.

Per science In order for time to exists all the laws of physics had to be broken.

For this to happen with out God then you believe in magic. Unsupported scientific guess and you have faith in it.

Your religion will not get you into heaven, but it will land you in one of the places in the Bible that starts with "HE"

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Asking again; where can I find a link or more data on this star story??
Here you go again......

Eye wide open!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>So, should I start the procedure to nominate you for a Nobel prize.

And when do you plan to announce this information to the whole world and thereby prove Christianity to all the world??

You know about the group of Christians that go around and lie for Jesus don't you.
Ah the old lie for Jesus line.
Funny I quoted all non christen pages.
And then nailed the box closed and your line is so lame when put up against the facts of your proven false Big Bang Myth.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
Please note, the error bar still puts the star within the age of the universe so it really is not that big of a problem.
Please note that it takes a billion years for the universe to cool to the point where it can create stars.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle. The star doesn't fit into the BB theory.

Not to blow your mind, but odds are that's is not the oldest star. You can bet on that.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Once again you present us with a 'god' that cannot be verified in any way whatsoever. You have zero proof of your invisible friend and zero proof that anything is going to happen, and you get pissed if no one believes you.

What's up with fundamentalist Christians. They seem to get crazier every year. The end times' has been predicted for 2,000 years now and every one has been wrong....even Jesus was wrong when he predicted the end. That's a SURE sign that your Messiah is a fake.

Can you even imagine how stupid your story of God is....ooooh, he was always there floating around in space, no beginning, no end. He creates the whole universe and everything in it. He creates us and our world and then sticks around to eventually tell the Hebrews how to treat their menstruating women and how far away from camp to shit.

And where the hell was he when mankind was evolving for 200,000+- years on the African veldt, and finally the rest of the world? The Hebrews din't acknowledge a monotheist god until about 600 BC.

Your stories and Bible are full of inane myths that CANNOT be reconciled with modern science and should be really dissected and reasoned on by sane people.
Pretty short memory wordy!

Time is proof of a creator.
Science can't explain it's (Time) existence or its beginning.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>The mans last name is HAWKING!
Ah it's close enough.

That's what I get for letting my phone finish the word for me.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

spOko wrote:
You don’t like the Big Bang? Here is an alternative.
http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/the-universe...
Here is the truth.

God did it.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Understanding is not a question of like.

It is a question of truth.

Answer the question with the truth.

Do you know the truthful answer?

More questions will be raised , than those that can be answered.
Are you ready for this realization centurion?
Yup

The truth is the Big Bang didn't happen.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously not.

Do you think things through?
At this time, the Big Bang, all the matter in the universe, would have been on top of itself. The density would have been infinite. It would have been what is called, a singularity. At a singularity,

ALL THE LAWS OF PHYSICS WOULD HAVE BROKEN DOWN!

This means (magic) that the state of the universe, after the Big Bang, will not depend on anything that may have happened before,

because the deterministic laws that govern the universe WILL BREAK DOWN in the Big Bang.(No laws of physics no science)

The universe will evolve from the Big Bang, completely independently of what it was like before. Even the amount of matter in the universe, can be different to what it was before the Big Bang, as the Law of Conservation of Matter, will break down at the Big Bang.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>You're still misspelling Hawking....it's Steven Hawking.
It's not me it my phone.

That's science for ya.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>And the only so called proof you have for your cults god is a 2000 year old book written by uneducated sheep farmers.....
\

I will stick with facts...you can have your myth cults crap.
Ummmm .... Nope

I have absolute proof of God.

Your facts - time can't existed with out going into magic land to create it.

The Big Bang could not have happened without invoking magic.

The goo pond could not produce the first life form with out magic.

Macro evolution could have never happened with out magic.

Ya you've got facts, fact that science can't explain.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,501 - 94,520 of105,980
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

161 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 4 min Marissa 2 2,624
Lets Ask Billy R! (May '12) 12 min FTW Forever 2,248
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! 12 min Independent 871
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 16 min night machine 3,731
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 18 min what 5,160
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 20 min night machine 4,465
"2" TWO word FUN game*** (Mar '13) 24 min night machine 1,232
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 38 min Tucson Dave 11,638
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 45 min Alexis_B 131,611