Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,723)

Showing posts 94,441 - 94,460 of106,035
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>How did God come into existence?

And don't tell me he was always there....that makes no sense at all.

And of course you reply with...."Well, the 'Big Bang' makes no sense either."

And I rely, "impasse."

Thing is, although we don't know it all, we have all the facts and in over 150 years fundamentalists have been unable to disprove evolution....and because it is a fact they never will
"And of course you reply with...."Well, the 'Big Bang' makes no sense either."

Oh it makes sense, it's sciences attempt to create with out God. Of course it fails at the very beginning TIME. But science doesn't let the facts get in the way of a good theory.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>How did God come into existence?

And don't tell me he was always there....that makes no sense at all.

And of course you reply with...."Well, the 'Big Bang' makes no sense either."

And I rely, "impasse."

Thing is, although we don't know it all, we have all the facts and in over 150 years fundamentalists have been unable to disprove evolution....and because it is a fact they never will
How can you explain a 13.7 billion year old universe and have 14.8 billion year old stars?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"How did God come into existence?"
He didn't
Next
"He didn't"

Aha, that's what I thought....there never was a God, he's just a myth.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>The real science answer is we don't know.

The honest human answer is the same.

The phony religious answer is "It's God because admitting we don't know scares me"
Steven Hawkins claims real time started at the point of the preBig Bang singularity where all the laws is physics break down.

And I have stated the Time existence breaks all the laws of physics.

Pretty much says the same thing.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Using real science that is unknown and using current knowledge and the basic laws of the universe it is currently unknowable.

There is nothing to say that the visible universe was created from anything or nothing. The very laws that describe our understanding of universe we inhabit did not begin exist until 10^-34th of a second after the event.

Science and mathematics are working on expanding our knowledge and several theories have been introduced based on the mathematics of Dr Param Singh, at least one of those theories explains ALL the anomalies we can see in the visible universe.

So, real science is busy working on the problem that you love to pose, a problem that science and most assuredly religion can not yet understand but you are of course welcome to make guesses and proclaim them as “TRUTH” because that’s what your faith tells you to believe. The fact that this “TRUTH” is pure guesswork based on nothing but the superstitions of bronze age man seems to pass you by for some reason.
"There is nothing to say that the visible universe was created from anything or nothing. The very laws that describe our understanding of universe we inhabit did not begin exist until 10^-34th of a second after the event."

You should be ashamed of yourself for buying into your get out of jail free card.

Science MUST stick to the laws of the universe! what you wrote is religion.
No proof, no observable evidence.
Just a believe.

Level 9

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"And of course you reply with...."Well, the 'Big Bang' makes no sense either."
Oh it makes sense, it's sciences attempt to create with out God. Of course it fails at the very beginning TIME. But science doesn't let the facts get in the way of a good theory.
Who feeds you all this wrong information about science??

It (Big Bang) is an attempt to interpret the facts available in a natural light. Science DOES NOT deal with magical stuff....which the Bible uses to explain a natural world.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Nice theory :)
If you like acid trip dreams.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Your cult information sources are lying to you my friend.
Say wordy what do you think of this?

Steven Hawkins has stated that real time started at the pre Big Bang singularity where ALL the laws of physics fail.

In other words it what I've been saying: the existence of time breaks all the laws of physics.

Science MUST stay with the Laws of the universe. Breaking those laws or believing thing outside of those laws is Religion. Steven Hawkins belief of the start of time is his personal religion.
Not science.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>Does your 'modern science' include the creation of the universe in six twenty-four hour days 6000 years ago?

Does your 'modern science' ignore the VAST amount of evidence that shows conclusively that a world-wide flood 4500+/- years ago is impossible?

Does your 'modern science' explain how a grown man can live survive 3 days in the 'belly of a great fish'?
"Does your 'modern science' include the creation of the universe in six twenty-four hour days 6000 years ago? "

No but my religion does why do you ask something you know the answer too?

Just aping again?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't
Next
Exactly...god doesn't exist.
You finally figured it out!

Level 9

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you explain a 13.7 billion year old universe and have 14.8 billion year old stars?
I don't, I am not a physicist. Left overs maybe?.:-)

Level 9

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Steven Hawkins has stated that real time started at the pre Big Bang singularity where ALL the laws of physics fail.
In other words it what I've been saying: the existence of time breaks all the laws of physics.
Science MUST stay with the Laws of the universe. Breaking those laws or believing thing outside of those laws is Religion. Steven Hawkins belief of the start of time is his personal religion.
Not science.
Steven HAWKING has been wrong before.

Again, who is feeding you this wrong science.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't, I am not a physicist. Left overs maybe?.:-)
That halfwit is once again confusing a measure of distance with a measure of time.
Just because the term "light year" has the word "year" in it.

The Rapid Expansion Phase of the formation of the universe has been explained to him before, and he just pretends he never saw it.

Fairly typical of fanatics - some of them are still claiming that Darwin went all religious on his death bed, despite the fact that even fundie organizations recommend NOT using that lie any more.

#5 on this fundie list: http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/t...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't
Next
So there is no God. Glad to hear you admit it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
With an error margin of 0.8 billion? Not a major worry.

How do you explain... well, anything?

Goddidit with magic. There IS no explaining. The epitomy of ignorance. And you're sure on board with that.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
my religion does
Who cares.(shrug)
spOko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't
Next
In a way He did, in the head's of the believers - no?
spOko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Not science.
Einstein disagrees (space-time curves)!
Perpetual motion breaks the laws of physics, nothing exists w/o time nothing!
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

How can anyone believe the words of a 2000 year old myth book of hate and bigotry over facts that can be proven.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the things talked about are backed up by very solid circumstantial evidence.
You may not think circumstantial evidence is any good, but more then a few criminals were sent to prison or their deaths by it. Ask a cop....eyewitness testimony does not even compare to circumstantial evidence.
The most important assertion I made is that there was no Adam and Eve as written in the Bible. This has tremendous implication to current Christian dogma.
No Adam and Eve equals no 'original sin'. Also puts the lie to Jesus having mention them in the New Testament....one fictional character talking about 2 fictional characters from a Hebrew myth.
If there was no 'original sin', just exactly what was the mission of Jesus??
Adam and Eve are a story. You cannot prove an unverified story happened or didn't happen. There is no evidence to show a person named Moses didn't exist. There is no evidence to show a person named Jesus didn't exist. There is no evidence to prove an exodus of Israelites from Egypt didn't happen.
The fact is that for more than 2000 years people did write about a person named Moses. And that's more circumstantial evidence for his existence than you'll ever have for his non-existence.
There is no such thing as having 'solid evidence' to prove the 'nonexistence' of something/someone as you claim it.
The fact that you believe there was no Adam or Eve as the Bible writer describes them is your opinion. The fact is that several ancient cultures predating 2000 years ago all had similar stories of the first two parents of the human family. That doesn't make the story true any more then it makes it a lie. It's an unproved story.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,441 - 94,460 of106,035
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••