Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201839 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#99965 Sep 24, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I'll ignore your patronizing tone and refer you to a paper by Jerry Bergman
BWA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!!

Oh yeah.

Jerry.

And you're not a fundie. Got it.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#99966 Sep 24, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that Bergman. Where Bergman and I part company is that I do not accept the biblical interpretation of creation.
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Bergman HIMSELF didn't believe in YEC, but just 'preaches' it because he can sell more books that way.

Bergman is sleazy.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99967 Sep 24, 2013
Both creation and evolution proponents don't know the truth.

Creationists who believe in the bible literally and ignorant of esoteric knowledge behind biblical allegories will not have real knowledge of the truth.

Evolutionists, on the other hand, will be knowledgeable only with what can be observed from empirical evidence, but does not take into account anything beyond logical reasoning.

So you are all wasting your precious time berating each other with something that has already been debated over and over, it's pointless. No side wins here. You all need to think of other alternatives other than what has already been disproved or lacking in real evidence.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#99968 Sep 24, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
I am aware that Bergman's work is not without its critics, but I find his work very persuasive.
Yes, so does he. So much so in fact that he was SO persuaded by his own persuasiveness he even said so on his own website BEFORE he even wrote the uh, "article" you mentioned.

The guy thinks the Flinstones is a science documentary and you say you're NOT a fundie? And that scientists are running away from science in droves because they're really scared that life really was started by an invisible Jew via magical poofing?

And you're NOT a fundie?

I guess you learn something new every day.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#99969 Sep 24, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that Bergman. Where Bergman and I part company is that I do not accept the biblical interpretation of creation.
Like I said - who cares?

Your baseless religious opinions are NOT important here.

They never have been.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#99970 Sep 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, so does he. So much so in fact that he was SO persuaded by his own persuasiveness he even said so on his own website BEFORE he even wrote the uh, "article" you mentioned.
The guy thinks the Flinstones is a science documentary and you say you're NOT a fundie? And that scientists are running away from science in droves because they're really scared that life really was started by an invisible Jew via magical poofing?
And you're NOT a fundie?
I guess you learn something new every day.
It seems you don't.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#99971 Sep 24, 2013
One day your smug sense of certitude will defeat you.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#99972 Sep 24, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
HA! Beat ya to it, Terry!
I was foiled by a phone call!! Damn customers
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#99973 Sep 24, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
Both creation and evolution proponents don't know the truth.
Still don't care about your little green men

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#99974 Sep 24, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Bergman HIMSELF didn't believe in YEC, but just 'preaches' it because he can sell more books that way.
Bergman is sleazy.
He's a loony...

Or a pathological liar.

Or a complete con man.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#99975 Sep 24, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
I'm sorry, but how am I "smug" simply for noting that water is wet? Because that's REALLY all that is happening here - people describing reality debunking people who claim magic wizards are necessary.

If you wanna see smug then take a look at the opening post, or our resident Russian fundie.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#99976 Sep 24, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Jesus gonna burn us forever, that loving God of yours, right? LOL
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#99977 Sep 24, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It seems you don't.
I do, but generally not from the fundies. For instance, you apparently weren't aware that Jerry Bergman was a reality-denying Young Earther with no science background. So you learned that today. Or you WERE aware of this, but didn't care anyway when you referenced him as a "scientific" authority, at which point you discovered you really are a fundie, even though the petty details of your baseless religious opinions may not necessarily line up exactly with a typical YEC or OEC. Heck, Perry Marshall is a theistic evolutionist and he's still a fundie.

Wanna stop being a fundie? Stop being anti-reality. Wanna be anti-reality? Continue being a fundie. I really don't care which. Just remember that if fundies turn up here talking complete and utter total bollox as they usually do because they can't help themselves, there will be people like us here to point out their errors.

Smug people who say water is wet, whether there be magic wizards or no magic wizards. And stop whining because you can't demonstrate the existence of magical wizards.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99978 Sep 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Still don't care about your little green men
I don't care, NASA and other science institutions are doing the job you cannot do.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99979 Sep 24, 2013
If there is no design in nature and the universe, why do scientists use DNA microarray to study gene expression "patterns?"

If we are all products of millions of mutations for millions of years, provide evidence that mutations produce patterns in gene expression.

That should be easy, since we have ample knowledge of genetics and available computers that can do the work.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#99980 Sep 24, 2013
Stop the useless banter and get your brain to work and be productive. Make yourself useful. I'm sick and tired of these nonsense arguments. Pointless.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#99981 Sep 24, 2013
Patterns do not necessarily imply design.

Snowflakes have "patterns" -- highly intricate ones.

Are they consciously designed by someone? Of course not.
Dr Bong

Cape Coral, FL

#99982 Sep 24, 2013
According to Christians, God created Adam and Eve, but they ate of the forbidden fruit, and God turned away from them and the world.
Why do Christians say only man and woman can be married, because that's what God wants? God doesn't want anything. He is GONE.
PS. I don't believe in religion.
Dr Bong

Cape Coral, FL

#99983 Sep 24, 2013
And if Adam and Eve are responsible for all people in the world, why aren't we all inbred and shuffling about? Religion is bogus.
Dr Bong

Cape Coral, FL

#99984 Sep 24, 2013
And if there is no evolution, how could Adam and Eve produce black children? Where did blacks come from? Religion is bogus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 min grace-fallen 32,714
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 5 min Calisportsgirl 5,377
2words into 2new words (May '12) 14 min Sharlene45 2,967
One Word (Jan '09) 14 min Calisportsgirl 16,668
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min Sharlene45 194,897
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 25 min ceemee2 11,787
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 27 min ceemee2 18,570
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 49 min Sam 58,305
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr Knock off purse s... 7,922
More from around the web