Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#99798 Sep 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you explain a 13.7 billion year old universe and have 14.8 billion year old stars?
I don't, I am not a physicist. Left overs maybe?.:-)

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#99799 Sep 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Say wordy what do you think of this?
Steven Hawkins has stated that real time started at the pre Big Bang singularity where ALL the laws of physics fail.
In other words it what I've been saying: the existence of time breaks all the laws of physics.
Science MUST stay with the Laws of the universe. Breaking those laws or believing thing outside of those laws is Religion. Steven Hawkins belief of the start of time is his personal religion.
Not science.
Steven HAWKING has been wrong before.

Again, who is feeding you this wrong science.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#99800 Sep 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't, I am not a physicist. Left overs maybe?.:-)
That halfwit is once again confusing a measure of distance with a measure of time.
Just because the term "light year" has the word "year" in it.

The Rapid Expansion Phase of the formation of the universe has been explained to him before, and he just pretends he never saw it.

Fairly typical of fanatics - some of them are still claiming that Darwin went all religious on his death bed, despite the fact that even fundie organizations recommend NOT using that lie any more.

#5 on this fundie list: http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/t...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#99801 Sep 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"How did God come into existence?"
He didn't
Next
So there is no God. Glad to hear you admit it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99802 Sep 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you explain a 13.7 billion year old universe and have 14.8 billion year old stars?
With an error margin of 0.8 billion? Not a major worry.

How do you explain... well, anything?

Goddidit with magic. There IS no explaining. The epitomy of ignorance. And you're sure on board with that.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99803 Sep 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
my religion does
Who cares.(shrug)
spOko

Oakland, CA

#99804 Sep 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"How did God come into existence?"
He didn't
Next
In a way He did, in the head's of the believers - no?
spOko

Oakland, CA

#99805 Sep 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Say wordy what do you think of this?
Steven Hawkins has stated that real time started at the pre Big Bang singularity where ALL the laws of physics fail.
In other words it what I've been saying: the existence of time breaks all the laws of physics.
Science MUST stay with the Laws of the universe. Breaking those laws or believing thing outside of those laws is Religion. Steven Hawkins belief of the start of time is his personal religion.
Not science.
Einstein disagrees (space-time curves)!
Perpetual motion breaks the laws of physics, nothing exists w/o time nothing!
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#99806 Sep 20, 2013
How can anyone believe the words of a 2000 year old myth book of hate and bigotry over facts that can be proven.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#99807 Sep 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the things talked about are backed up by very solid circumstantial evidence.
You may not think circumstantial evidence is any good, but more then a few criminals were sent to prison or their deaths by it. Ask a cop....eyewitness testimony does not even compare to circumstantial evidence.
The most important assertion I made is that there was no Adam and Eve as written in the Bible. This has tremendous implication to current Christian dogma.
No Adam and Eve equals no 'original sin'. Also puts the lie to Jesus having mention them in the New Testament....one fictional character talking about 2 fictional characters from a Hebrew myth.
If there was no 'original sin', just exactly what was the mission of Jesus??
Adam and Eve are a story. You cannot prove an unverified story happened or didn't happen. There is no evidence to show a person named Moses didn't exist. There is no evidence to show a person named Jesus didn't exist. There is no evidence to prove an exodus of Israelites from Egypt didn't happen.
The fact is that for more than 2000 years people did write about a person named Moses. And that's more circumstantial evidence for his existence than you'll ever have for his non-existence.
There is no such thing as having 'solid evidence' to prove the 'nonexistence' of something/someone as you claim it.
The fact that you believe there was no Adam or Eve as the Bible writer describes them is your opinion. The fact is that several ancient cultures predating 2000 years ago all had similar stories of the first two parents of the human family. That doesn't make the story true any more then it makes it a lie. It's an unproved story.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#99808 Sep 20, 2013
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein disagrees (space-time curves)!
Perpetual motion breaks the laws of physics, nothing exists w/o time nothing!
Photons and Kerr space and singularities, do not experience time. So they exist independent of the passage of time.
This is in agreement with GR.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#99809 Sep 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know the meaning of highly exaggerated bullshit?
Yeah, sure do. I hear it all the time when I'm told my existence comes from non-organic matter that achieved an organic state to become biological self producing organisms and in trillions of years of never taking place it happened a single time on this planet. Yeah, I'm well aware of highly exaggerated bull*hit theories of how we came to be. Why?
spOko

Oakland, CA

#99810 Sep 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
How can anyone believe the words of a 2000 year old myth book of hate and bigotry over facts that can be proven.
When it comes to faith logic no longer applies, therein lies the rub!The many different flavors of faith around the world is all about indoctrination from the very day one is born!

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#99811 Sep 20, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"What the writer is actually describing" can easily be merely a large scale version of what ancients already observed. Even in the desert there are springs where water emerges from a hole in the ground. And there have been geysers around too, though I am not sure if there were any in the Middle East at the time.
To an ancient, the existence of well and springs was more than enough evidence that the lower layers of Earth were watery. They did not need to know a anything about mid ocean vents to write what they did.
But YOU know about them, so you see mid-ocean vents when you read the Bible prose.
No. The writer did in fact describe something taking place in the 'great deep'(an oddly correct guess)and described that thing as a 'fountain'. And man made fountains did exist 2000 years ago.
So the question remains why the writer didn't state the flooding happened on land from springs gushing like tall fountains of water which would have been more reasonable to state then it taking place in the great deep of the seas/oceans.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99812 Sep 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam and Eve are a story. You cannot prove an unverified story happened or didn't happen. There is no evidence to show a person named Moses didn't exist. There is no evidence to show a person named Jesus didn't exist. There is no evidence to prove an exodus of Israelites from Egypt didn't happen.
The fact is that for more than 2000 years people did write about a person named Moses. And that's more circumstantial evidence for his existence than you'll ever have for his non-existence.
There is no such thing as having 'solid evidence' to prove the 'nonexistence' of something/someone as you claim it.
The fact that you believe there was no Adam or Eve as the Bible writer describes them is your opinion. The fact is that several ancient cultures predating 2000 years ago all had similar stories of the first two parents of the human family. That doesn't make the story true any more then it makes it a lie. It's an unproved story.
You are attempting to use the can't prove a negative principle as an argument. While this may be true, what it also means is that you have no evidence. Also in the case of Adam and Eve, the story is quite simply NOT genetically viable, unless there were already plenty of other humans around for them to reproduce with. Therefore the argument would have to change from "You can't prove Adam and Eve didn't happen." to "You can't prove Adam and Eve weren't made by magic!"

You're right. We can't. Meanwhile back in the real world, Adam and Eve is just that - a story.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99813 Sep 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, sure do. I hear it all the time when I'm told my existence comes from non-organic matter that achieved an organic state to become biological self producing organisms
That's not BS, that's biological reality. It happens every single day on planet Earth.

Non-living chemicals are absorbed and converted into living biological components that go on to produce new life forms. This very basic fact of biology is called reproduction.

In short, chemistry quite literally creates life. You are after all essentially just a walking talking bag of chemicals.
No Surprise wrote:
and in trillions of years of never taking place it happened a single time on this planet.
Trillions of years? Sorry, but the Earth is only 4.5 billion years old. And around 3.5 to 3.8 billion years ago, life developed.

It may or may not have been due to the actions of an invisible magic Jew wizard. Either way, the Earth once had no life and now it does. And from there, life has evolved ever since.
No Surprise wrote:
Yeah, I'm well aware of highly exaggerated bull*hit theories of how we came to be. Why?
Apparently you aren't.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99814 Sep 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The writer did in fact describe something taking place in the 'great deep'(an oddly correct guess)and described that thing as a 'fountain'. And man made fountains did exist 2000 years ago.
So the question remains why the writer didn't state the flooding happened on land from springs gushing like tall fountains of water which would have been more reasonable to state then it taking place in the great deep of the seas/oceans.
You can invoke all the springs, geysers and fountains you like. There never was a global flood.

Unless it was done by magic.

In which case you can stop pretending to have evidence, because evidence doesn't matter when your position involves magic.
spOko

Oakland, CA

#99815 Sep 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You can invoke all the springs, geysers and fountains you like. There never was a global flood.
Unless it was done by magic.
In which case you can stop pretending to have evidence, because evidence doesn't matter when your position involves magic.
One could say, however, that there has always been a global flood -- over 70% of the earth's surface is water :-)
spOko

Oakland, CA

#99816 Sep 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not BS, that's biological reality. It happens every single day on planet Earth.
Non-living chemicals are absorbed and converted into living biological components that go on to produce new life forms. This very basic fact of biology is called reproduction.
In short, chemistry quite literally creates life. You are after all essentially just a walking talking bag of chemicals.
<quoted text>
Trillions of years? Sorry, but the Earth is only 4.5 billion years old. And around 3.5 to 3.8 billion years ago, life developed.
It may or may not have been due to the actions of an invisible magic Jew wizard. Either way, the Earth once had no life and now it does. And from there, life has evolved ever since.
<quoted text>
Apparently you aren't.
You are, of course, correct ...!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99817 Sep 20, 2013
spOko wrote:
One could say, however, that there has always been a global flood -- over 70% of the earth's surface is water :-)
In fact it's hypothesized that water coverage was over 99% at one stage, billions of years ago with only a few tiny islands. But as this predates life, and still doesn't reach 100%, it doesn't support religious 'Flood' claims.
spOko wrote:
You are, of course, correct ...!
Indeed. That's because reality is right, no matter how much the fundies think they can argue against it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 min -Lea- 21,397
Ebola in America 19 min Kelly in Black 39
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Laura french 147,750
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 30 min Vector aka Victor... 1,424
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 31 min Vector aka Victor... 29,551
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 56 min Grace Nerissa 24,273
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 2 hr Trouser Cough 40,330
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr Heres lookin at y... 6,419
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 4 hr SLY WEST 33

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE