Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,714)

Showing posts 94,261 - 94,280 of111,977
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Using real science how did everything come onto being.
How did God come into existence?

And don't tell me he was always there....that makes no sense at all.

And of course you reply with...."Well, the 'Big Bang' makes no sense either."

And I rely, "impasse."

Thing is, although we don't know it all, we have all the facts and in over 150 years fundamentalists have been unable to disprove evolution....and because it is a fact they never will

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And even in your own video it says it last for only a few seconds. Being in the water for a few seconds is not swimming. And I did not see any newborns in there, did you? No they were older babies that constantly move their legs and arms as I stated.
My grandson set in his bouncy seat all day flailing his arms and legs about. He must have been AIR SWIMMING. LMAO What a dolt!
Whichever way you want to cut it, there is learned and unlearned behavior.

What you divide into instincts and reflexes are both unlearned and therefore somehow hardwired into the physiology.

On the other hand learned behaviors are gained through copying or instruction, etc. They are not expected to spontaneously arise in an individual who has not been exposed to them.

So what's the big deal?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The real science answer is we don't know.

The honest human answer is the same.

The phony religious answer is "It's God because admitting we don't know scares me"

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The ability to instinctively hold their breath and try to surface using a coordinated arm and leg motion can't be denied though.
yeah, babies are real uncomfortable in water huh?...not.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it is a bit too much to say that the God of the Bible has been proven false. But the first two books of the Bible and many stories of the Old Testament have been shown to be false.
i wouldn't say it is too0 much. the bible,(the only reference that creates this god) clearly show the god it creates to not be the infallible, perfect god they say he is. they cannot back up the god they tried to create. clearly a man-made myth.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Using real science that is unknown and using current knowledge and the basic laws of the universe it is currently unknowable.

There is nothing to say that the visible universe was created from anything or nothing. The very laws that describe our understanding of universe we inhabit did not begin exist until 10^-34th of a second after the event.

Science and mathematics are working on expanding our knowledge and several theories have been introduced based on the mathematics of Dr Param Singh, at least one of those theories explains ALL the anomalies we can see in the visible universe.

So, real science is busy working on the problem that you love to pose, a problem that science and most assuredly religion can not yet understand but you are of course welcome to make guesses and proclaim them as “TRUTH” because that’s what your faith tells you to believe. The fact that this “TRUTH” is pure guesswork based on nothing but the superstitions of bronze age man seems to pass you by for some reason.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...the god of the Bible has been proven false? Really? When did this trial take place? Did this god have a lawyer or did it represent itself? The fact this invisible god became visible for a court case proves it's very existence. You're a fricking fruit cake and twisted as a rope to boot in thought.
Let me be simplistic in words here. You can't prove the god of the Bible false any more than you can prove it correct. That 'god' is suppose to be invisible. You can't neither prove or disprove the existence of this invisible god dude. Get a fricking clue.
E=MC^2 shows that the god as depicted in revelation 19:6 (KJV) cannot exist in this universe at the same time as you.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i wouldn't say it is too0 much. the bible,(the only reference that creates this god) clearly show the god it creates to not be the infallible, perfect god they say he is. they cannot back up the god they tried to create. clearly a man-made myth.
I have to knit pick here.

I do agree that there is no logical reason to believe in God. But you made the statement that the God of the Bible was "proved" not to exist. It is a huge jump to go from no proof of existence to proven not to exist. And don't forget there are at least 40,000 different "God of the Bible"'s. Are you going to prove all 40,000 different versions to be false?

Your position can be more than strong enough without overstating your case.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to knit pick here.
I do agree that there is no logical reason to believe in God. But you made the statement that the God of the Bible was "proved" not to exist. It is a huge jump to go from no proof of existence to proven not to exist. And don't forget there are at least 40,000 different "God of the Bible"'s. Are you going to prove all 40,000 different versions to be false?
Your position can be more than strong enough without overstating your case.
yet don't all of those bibles attempt to create a god that is not in line with the god they actually describe?
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Yes there is no God. The first particles evolved until it formed its own consciousness. The universe makes more "sense" that way. So why even bother ask about the universe and how we got here. What a waste of time.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it is a bit too much to say that the God of the Bible has been proven false. But the first two books of the Bible and many stories of the Old Testament have been shown to be false.
About a century ago the Bible's stories were ALL fanciful fairy tales and nothing more. Some names were correct, a few places were correct but that was all. The Bible was viewed in it's entirety as nothing but false and fairy tales by its critics.
A hundred years later and we now know many of those fanciful stories, fairy tales and imaginative named people and places actually existed.
So instead of the entire Bible being false, now the saying is, much or most of the Bible is false.
And if a book of the Bible is false, then all the information inside that book is false. Can you show evidence that everything in the first two books of the Bible is false as you claim? I might agree there are things in the Bible that cannot be proved but neither can those things be disproved as not having once existed.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, babies are real uncomfortable in water huh?...not.
I'm no less than in amazement over it, it makes you wonder, wonder is the spark of ingenuity, we evidently are programed in the womb, or we came from water. I'm thinking there's a little of both making a truth here.
Water is everything we know about life, that makes it possible.
There is an ancient water dwelling creature inside us me thinks.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

I AM SIRIUS wrote:
Yes there is no God. The first particles evolved until it formed its own consciousness. The universe makes more "sense" that way. So why even bother ask about the universe and how we got here. What a waste of time.
You know how ludicrous this sounds? "The first particles evolved until it formed its own consciousness." It sounds as ludicrous as "From nothing God created itself into something."
We have a fact that is quite disturbing. We exist in one of the youngest solar systems within a galaxy that itself that is relatively young in comparison to much older systems. And we're the only life that exists on a planet as we exist that we know of. That's disturbing.
Science want's us to believe that in hundreds of trillions of years matter finally got it right so that life could evolve to become what it is on a single solitary planet. And people claim it takes a load of crap to swallow the theory of theism? lolol.... yeahrightyyyyy....
The fact is that we exist and we can't explain rationally why we exist and why we're the only planet with life that we know of exists.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how ludicrous this sounds? "The first particles evolved until it formed its own consciousness." It sounds as ludicrous as "From nothing God created itself into something."
We have a fact that is quite disturbing. We exist in one of the youngest solar systems within a galaxy that itself that is relatively young in comparison to much older systems. And we're the only life that exists on a planet as we exist that we know of. That's disturbing.
Science want's us to believe that in hundreds of trillions of years matter finally got it right so that life could evolve to become what it is on a single solitary planet. And people claim it takes a load of crap to swallow the theory of theism? lolol.... yeahrightyyyyy....
The fact is that we exist and we can't explain rationally why we exist and why we're the only planet with life that we know of exists.
Definitively we can say the universe created us, to be it's eyes and ears to see and hear with our senses, and with knowledge to create ways to see and hear beyond our senses. The intelligent designer is US, and if the universe is to be populated by the living biosphere, it entirely rests on the shoulders of humanity to do so. There is no indication there is any other thing that can ever do so. So understanding the burden on our shoulders is but the real cross humanity has to bear, and if there is a god, it is of OUR making. Otherwise extinction and forgotten are all the dreams of creation and a living universe.

No small task for the best creation of the biosphere , but a task none the less and a goal for the living apex predator this universe has ever known.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Patently false? where do you get your information? You do know that 'some' but not all babies ability to swim and not swallow water is directly connected to living in a bag in a female that's full of fluid correct? You did know that correct? Maybe you should research it. And not all babies swim. And not all babies hold their breath. So though it's 'instinct' for some it's not instinct for all.
And that's the end of your 'instinct' examples. If after birth the baby sat where it came out of a womb and the mother took off, that baby would soon be dead. Not a single survival instinct would help that infant live. If babies weren't taken care of for the first 12 months they would all die if left alone. Most animals (not all) know within a minute of birth to several days later how to survive and live on their own.
you just contradicted your earlier statement that humans are the only animals that do not pass down such instincts...

bwahh bwahh bwaaaahhhhhh....

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

I AM SIRIUS wrote:
any evidence of this universal consciousness?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
About a century ago the Bible's stories were ALL fanciful fairy tales and nothing more. Some names were correct, a few places were correct but that was all. The Bible was viewed in it's entirety as nothing but false and fairy tales by its critics.
A hundred years later and we now know many of those fanciful stories, fairy tales and imaginative named people and places actually existed.
So instead of the entire Bible being false, now the saying is, much or most of the Bible is false.
And if a book of the Bible is false, then all the information inside that book is false. Can you show evidence that everything in the first two books of the Bible is false as you claim? I might agree there are things in the Bible that cannot be proved but neither can those things be disproved as not having once existed.
the creation story in the first few paragraphs is false. it did not happen that way. imagine a perfect god that cannot get his own creation story correct...hmmmmm.

the flood of Noah's Ark fable did not happen. imagine tht perfect god lying about that...hmmm...

the bible proves the god of the abrahamic cult to be false. just another made up character from one of thousands of religious cults.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I can show that the first two books have been debunked.

Your faith is rather weak if you have to believe in a fairy tale to believe in God.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I can show that the first two books have been debunked.
Your faith is rather weak if you have to believe in a fairy tale to believe in God.
Joshua has pretty much been debunked too.

:-)

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitively we can say the universe created us, to be it's eyes and ears to see and hear with our senses, and with knowledge to create ways to see and hear beyond our senses. The intelligent designer is US, and if the universe is to be populated by the living biosphere, it entirely rests on the shoulders of humanity to do so. There is no indication there is any other thing that can ever do so. So understanding the burden on our shoulders is but the real cross humanity has to bear, and if there is a god, it is of OUR making. Otherwise extinction and forgotten are all the dreams of creation and a living universe.
No small task for the best creation of the biosphere , but a task none the less and a goal for the living apex predator this universe has ever known.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Nice theory :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,261 - 94,280 of111,977
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••