Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
94,181 - 94,200 of 112,825 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya don't waste your time. You make yourself the enemy so be it. It's YOUR loss.
The enemy of what? Ignorance? I have no problem with opposing that.

Or were you using the rather silly threat of Pascal's Wager again?
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
You are one SOB. Get HELL-P. lol
Well you're a charmer, ain'cha?
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The enemy of what? Ignorance? I have no problem with opposing that.
Or were you using the rather silly threat of Pascal's Wager again?
<quoted text>
Well you're a charmer, ain'cha?
You have a point.

I'm not using the Pascal's Wager, that's just for amusement.

But if you're game, I am too!
drink The hive

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

I Believe U Are Confusing Atheism With Hedonism. There Are Many Boring - Straight-Edge Atheist'.

Faced With An Absence Of Inherent Meaning And Purpose - What On Earth Is Wrong With Drug' And Sex?...

http://turnerwatson.files.wordpress.com/2012/...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

drink The hive wrote:
I Believe U Are Confusing Atheism With Hedonism. There Are Many Boring - Straight-Edge Atheist'.
Faced With An Absence Of Inherent Meaning And Purpose - What On Earth Is Wrong With Drug' And Sex?...
Nothing besides laws and morals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

A great post that totally refutes the 'Creation science' authors.

“Do typical working scientists engage in the following activities when advancing new ideas?

Do they pitch them to naive audiences while complaining they can’t get a fair hearing in the science community? Do they form institutes that spend millions of dollars to crank out propaganda pushing their idea and criticizing the scientific community? Do they issue talking points to grass-roots organizations and political groups to be argued in churches and local newspapers around the country? Do they publish books on their ideas in the popular press and claim they are peer-reviewed?”

http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2007/11/scien...

You should read it creationists.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

This is how you win an argument.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/dfb821c9fc9d3b0d8d...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you'll be the one who will become nothing when you k*ck the bucket. You have a death wish, old man?
the evidence would suggest we ALL become nothing when we die.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you're the one that stated... "..see it is AFTER the trauma that causes the 'death'.." The brain/body continues to suffer trauma while the person is 'unconscious' or as is also stated 'clinically dead' yet later come to or are revived. It's DURING the trauma that people have NDE.
No. The illogical thinking is that theism is the center point for why people having NDE see the dead who appear to be quite live. If theism was the center point for NDE, than people all over this world should be having specific visions of an afterlife that deals with the religion they were influenced by during their life. And logically visions of dead ancestors has nothing to do with actual Christian teachings. Dead ancestors should be the last thing to be seen in a NDE. One should actually be having visions of all the things one has read/heard of concerning that religion.
Back to my point, if we are from stellar matter and not the creation of some being, our DNA should, key word should have some sort of an imprint of our past beginnings in our memories that should be seen in parts and pieces in visions/dreams/NDEs, not some fanciful thought/hope of an after life.
yes, after the trauma that caused the death. not trauma after death...

your entire thesis is based on nonesense, just like your cult...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

drink The hive wrote:
what you are confused with is that freethinkers actually make their own purpose and meaning in their lives. you religious cult members have your life's meaning and purpose handed to you like a drone worker bee...and it is based on proven lies...

i prefer my purposeful life to your lie filled life...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Croco_Duck wrote:
This is how you win an argument.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/dfb821c9fc9d3b0d8d...
Oh HELL yes!

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

So why is it that Moses had to lay down the rules of what animals were OK to eat and which weren't to the Israelites, but everyone else gets to eat bacon? Why doesn't the laws of Leviticus 11 apply to Christians?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Interesting to note hat Politix is running a poll right now asking "Is evolutionary science a threat to Christianity?"

It's been almost 90% No.

:-)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
Interesting to note hat Politix is running a poll right now asking "Is evolutionary science a threat to Christianity?"
It's been almost 90% No.
:-)
Yes, but read the comments. An amazing number of the noes are from creatards that do not believe the theory of evolution.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Faith: not WANTING to know what is true.

Friedrich Nietzsche

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but read the comments. An amazing number of the noes are from creatards that do not believe the theory of evolution.
No surprise. They never know when to shut up.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Croco_Duck wrote:
So why is it that Moses had to lay down the rules of what animals were OK to eat and which weren't to the Israelites, but everyone else gets to eat bacon? Why doesn't the laws of Leviticus 11 apply to Christians?
the infallible god was wrong the first time...
spOko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the evidence would suggest we ALL become nothing when we die.
Lots of stuff happens after a living thing dies
http://www.memorialpages.co.uk/articles/decom...

As for the “energy” nothing much happens, it follows the law of the conservation of energy. Maybe an analogy will help. When your car is running, there's an interesting flow of energy of a variety of types through the engine, electrical system, and so forth. When the car is off, most of that flow ceases. The energy itself doesn't disappear or do anything surprising or hard to explain. The thermal energy in the hot engine gradually leaks into the environment, etc.
spOko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Croco_Duck wrote:
LOL ... you would have to ask Moses :-)

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of stuff happens after a living thing dies
http://www.memorialpages.co.uk/articles/decom...
As for the “energy” nothing much happens, it follows the law of the conservation of energy. Maybe an analogy will help. When your car is running, there's an interesting flow of energy of a variety of types through the engine, electrical system, and so forth. When the car is off, most of that flow ceases. The energy itself doesn't disappear or do anything surprising or hard to explain. The thermal energy in the hot engine gradually leaks into the environment, etc.
but lacking any evidence for a soul or any afterlife. that would be nothing for that dead person.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... you would have to ask Moses :-)
the proven false god of the bible laid down those laws, not Moses...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••