Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
94,161 - 94,180 of 112,807 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

I AM SIRIUS wrote:
Then you would understand in logic that the soul is not the body.
I'm sorry, but unless we're referring to abstract cultural phenomena such as theistic beliefs which are not demonstrable in reality, the words "logic" and "soul" should not really share the same sentence.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You really need to read better and comprehend even better than that. i clearly stated there is not one shred of evidence to suggest there is any soul. this statement is absolutely true, unless you have this very first shred in all of humanity...
I'm not going over this same bs with what you skeptics do all the time. There is a distinction between idealism and realism. I have to remind you that before you lose your head again.

You cannot use a method for science to prove something that is NOT science. What science can handle, is just that, Science, nothing more.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but unless we're referring to abstract cultural phenomena such as theistic beliefs which are not demonstrable in reality, the words "logic" and "soul" should not really share the same sentence.
What cultural phenomena? Look I don't care about any cultures, whether gay or straight, white or minority, religious or atheist, or whatever. It has nothing to do with the argument for the existence of Soul.

If you have a beef with your cultural laws, take it up with the politicians that enforce them. But don't go around spreading lies because it doesn't suit your lifestyle. Are you the second headless horseman here?
Prof Nicodemus

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Dr. Sam Parnia set up a test target for verifying life after death or out of body experiences, or near death. Whichever you prefer.

He placed targets in a place where they could only be seen by patients who were up high. Out of all the near dead patients who claimed to see white lights, relatives, god or angels, NONE could tell him what was in their rooms. Some heart attack patients were "dead" for up to two minutes.

No ghosts. no spirits, no god, no heaven, no hell, no angels no life after death. My work here is done. Next subject.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going over this same bs with what you skeptics do all the time. There is a distinction between idealism and realism. I have to remind you that before you lose your head again.
You cannot use a method for science to prove something that is NOT science. What science can handle, is just that, Science, nothing more.
so that would be a big "no" as to any shred of evidence that suggests the 'soul' is real...

thanx.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Prof Nicodemus wrote:
Dr. Sam Parnia set up a test target for verifying life after death or out of body experiences, or near death. Whichever you prefer.
He placed targets in a place where they could only be seen by patients who were up high. Out of all the near dead patients who claimed to see white lights, relatives, god or angels, NONE could tell him what was in their rooms. Some heart attack patients were "dead" for up to two minutes.
No ghosts. no spirits, no god, no heaven, no hell, no angels no life after death. My work here is done. Next subject.
thanks for sharing a FAILED experiment. Next.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so that would be a big "no" as to any shred of evidence that suggests the 'soul' is real...
thanx.
I don't care what evidence you want. You don't deserve it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
What cultural phenomena? Look I don't care about any cultures, whether gay or straight, white or minority, religious or atheist, or whatever.
The phenomena known as theology.
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
It has nothing to do with the argument for the existence of Soul.
If you have a scientific definition of the word then you can make a scientific argument.
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
If you have a beef with your cultural laws, take it up with the politicians that enforce them.
I don't. In America the Constitution guarantees religious freedom. I'm relatively free here too.
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
But don't go around spreading lies because it doesn't suit your lifestyle.
I haven't spread any lies yet. I tend to leave that to creationists.
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
Are you the second headless horseman here?
I have a head, but I can't even ride a bike, much less an equestrian quadruped.

WHY SO SIRIUS???
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for sharing a FAILED experiment. Next.
Aren't they all? After all, any scientific tests have always come up as "inconclusive".

Which is understandable really since we are after all talking about a non-falsifiable and therefore non-scientific subject.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, creationists say that to us all the time too...

Ain't it always the way?

:-/

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Man, it just keeps coming from the sky....again, we have signs of life from space.

“Did a British research balloon pick up extraterrestrial life as it skimmed the stratosphere during the annual Perseid meteor shower?

Yes,[says] astrobiologist Chandra Wickramasinghe and his fellow scientists, who claim that the microscopic algae detected on the balloon’s sterile slides “can only have come from space.” In a study presented at the Instruments, Methods, and Missions for Astrobiology conference in San Diego, Calif. last month, the team theorized that the seeds are constantly transported between planets by asteroids, comets, and other cosmic wanderers.

http://disinfo.com/2013/09/alien-algae-found-...

http://www.medicaldaily.com/seeds-life-collec...

I wonder what 'Other Cosmic Wanderers' are.....don't you?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so that would be a big "no" as to any shred of evidence that suggests the 'soul' is real...

thanx.
Absolutely incorrect!

I present as evidence, James Brown.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely incorrect!
I present as evidence, James Brown.
I FEEEEEEEELLL GOOD!

I knew that I would tho.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
judgmental, aren't we? that must weigh heavy on your"soul" huh?

Pffft, just as i thought, nothing.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>judgmental, aren't we? that must weigh heavy on your"soul" huh?
Pffft, just as i thought, nothing.
Maybe you'll be the one who will become nothing when you k*ck the bucket. You have a death wish, old man?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Trauma after death?!!? what the hell are you talking about? you don't seem able to hold a logical thread in your mind.
So if your theory is correct, which is that after life experiences are an example of life after death...and that is what you are getting at, isn't it? then wouldn't everyone have them? wouldn't the nonbelievers have visions of hell when they die?
Sheesh, your illogical thinking is proof you have been brainwashed beyond the ability to reason for yourself...
lol...you're the one that stated... "..see it is AFTER the trauma that causes the 'death'.." The brain/body continues to suffer trauma while the person is 'unconscious' or as is also stated 'clinically dead' yet later come to or are revived. It's DURING the trauma that people have NDE.
No. The illogical thinking is that theism is the center point for why people having NDE see the dead who appear to be quite live. If theism was the center point for NDE, than people all over this world should be having specific visions of an afterlife that deals with the religion they were influenced by during their life. And logically visions of dead ancestors has nothing to do with actual Christian teachings. Dead ancestors should be the last thing to be seen in a NDE. One should actually be having visions of all the things one has read/heard of concerning that religion.
Back to my point, if we are from stellar matter and not the creation of some being, our DNA should, key word should have some sort of an imprint of our past beginnings in our memories that should be seen in parts and pieces in visions/dreams/NDEs, not some fanciful thought/hope of an after life.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the 'claims' are coming from a reputable university I expect that the 'claims' and data will be peer reviewed in time.
Reputable 'persons' are still staking their hopes in Mars. Maybe we've dug in the wrong spot :)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you'll be the one who will become nothing when you k*ck the bucket. You have a death wish, old man?
Or maybe (a) God IS real and YOU will become nothing.

I wouldn't blame it for not wanting to spend eternity with a bunch of fundies.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe (a) God IS real and YOU will become nothing.
Ya don't waste your time. You make yourself the enemy so be it. It's YOUR loss.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>

You are one SOB. Get HELL-P. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

226 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Mister_ E 141,260
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min razz58 14,871
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 12 min curiouslu 76,866
30,000 post wins (May '13) 13 min Truths 714
Celiac Disease 15 min Nurse 3
Word Association (Mar '10) 23 min Jennifer Renee 15,682
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 25 min Spirit67_ 17,278
Woman: Backyard near turnpike is not a rest stop 29 min Sally Brown 2
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 2 hr Phaerae 13,018