Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164069 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99617 Sep 13, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what evidence you want. You don't deserve it.
judgmental, aren't we? that must weigh heavy on your"soul" huh?

Pffft, just as i thought, nothing.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99618 Sep 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>judgmental, aren't we? that must weigh heavy on your"soul" huh?
Pffft, just as i thought, nothing.
Maybe you'll be the one who will become nothing when you k*ck the bucket. You have a death wish, old man?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#99619 Sep 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Trauma after death?!!? what the hell are you talking about? you don't seem able to hold a logical thread in your mind.
So if your theory is correct, which is that after life experiences are an example of life after death...and that is what you are getting at, isn't it? then wouldn't everyone have them? wouldn't the nonbelievers have visions of hell when they die?
Sheesh, your illogical thinking is proof you have been brainwashed beyond the ability to reason for yourself...
lol...you're the one that stated... "..see it is AFTER the trauma that causes the 'death'.." The brain/body continues to suffer trauma while the person is 'unconscious' or as is also stated 'clinically dead' yet later come to or are revived. It's DURING the trauma that people have NDE.
No. The illogical thinking is that theism is the center point for why people having NDE see the dead who appear to be quite live. If theism was the center point for NDE, than people all over this world should be having specific visions of an afterlife that deals with the religion they were influenced by during their life. And logically visions of dead ancestors has nothing to do with actual Christian teachings. Dead ancestors should be the last thing to be seen in a NDE. One should actually be having visions of all the things one has read/heard of concerning that religion.
Back to my point, if we are from stellar matter and not the creation of some being, our DNA should, key word should have some sort of an imprint of our past beginnings in our memories that should be seen in parts and pieces in visions/dreams/NDEs, not some fanciful thought/hope of an after life.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#99620 Sep 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the 'claims' are coming from a reputable university I expect that the 'claims' and data will be peer reviewed in time.
Reputable 'persons' are still staking their hopes in Mars. Maybe we've dug in the wrong spot :)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99621 Sep 13, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you'll be the one who will become nothing when you k*ck the bucket. You have a death wish, old man?
Or maybe (a) God IS real and YOU will become nothing.

I wouldn't blame it for not wanting to spend eternity with a bunch of fundies.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99622 Sep 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe (a) God IS real and YOU will become nothing.
I wouldn't blame it for not wanting to spend eternity with a bunch of fundies.
Ya don't waste your time. You make yourself the enemy so be it. It's YOUR loss.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99623 Sep 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>

I wouldn't blame it for not wanting to spend eternity with a bunch of fundies.
You are one SOB. Get HELL-P. lol
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99624 Sep 13, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya don't waste your time. You make yourself the enemy so be it. It's YOUR loss.
The enemy of what? Ignorance? I have no problem with opposing that.

Or were you using the rather silly threat of Pascal's Wager again?
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
You are one SOB. Get HELL-P. lol
Well you're a charmer, ain'cha?
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99625 Sep 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The enemy of what? Ignorance? I have no problem with opposing that.
Or were you using the rather silly threat of Pascal's Wager again?
<quoted text>
Well you're a charmer, ain'cha?
You have a point.

I'm not using the Pascal's Wager, that's just for amusement.

But if you're game, I am too!
drink The hive

New York, NY

#99626 Sep 13, 2013
I Believe U Are Confusing Atheism With Hedonism. There Are Many Boring - Straight-Edge Atheist'.

Faced With An Absence Of Inherent Meaning And Purpose - What On Earth Is Wrong With Drug' And Sex?...

http://turnerwatson.files.wordpress.com/2012/...

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#99627 Sep 13, 2013
drink The hive wrote:
I Believe U Are Confusing Atheism With Hedonism. There Are Many Boring - Straight-Edge Atheist'.
Faced With An Absence Of Inherent Meaning And Purpose - What On Earth Is Wrong With Drug' And Sex?...
http://turnerwatson.files.wordpress.com/2012/...
Nothing besides laws and morals.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#99628 Sep 13, 2013
A great post that totally refutes the 'Creation science' authors.

“Do typical working scientists engage in the following activities when advancing new ideas?

Do they pitch them to naive audiences while complaining they can’t get a fair hearing in the science community? Do they form institutes that spend millions of dollars to crank out propaganda pushing their idea and criticizing the scientific community? Do they issue talking points to grass-roots organizations and political groups to be argued in churches and local newspapers around the country? Do they publish books on their ideas in the popular press and claim they are peer-reviewed?”

http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2007/11/scien...

You should read it creationists.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#99629 Sep 14, 2013
This is how you win an argument.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/dfb821c9fc9d3b0d8d...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99630 Sep 14, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you'll be the one who will become nothing when you k*ck the bucket. You have a death wish, old man?
the evidence would suggest we ALL become nothing when we die.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99631 Sep 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you're the one that stated... "..see it is AFTER the trauma that causes the 'death'.." The brain/body continues to suffer trauma while the person is 'unconscious' or as is also stated 'clinically dead' yet later come to or are revived. It's DURING the trauma that people have NDE.
No. The illogical thinking is that theism is the center point for why people having NDE see the dead who appear to be quite live. If theism was the center point for NDE, than people all over this world should be having specific visions of an afterlife that deals with the religion they were influenced by during their life. And logically visions of dead ancestors has nothing to do with actual Christian teachings. Dead ancestors should be the last thing to be seen in a NDE. One should actually be having visions of all the things one has read/heard of concerning that religion.
Back to my point, if we are from stellar matter and not the creation of some being, our DNA should, key word should have some sort of an imprint of our past beginnings in our memories that should be seen in parts and pieces in visions/dreams/NDEs, not some fanciful thought/hope of an after life.
yes, after the trauma that caused the death. not trauma after death...

your entire thesis is based on nonesense, just like your cult...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99632 Sep 14, 2013
drink The hive wrote:
I Believe U Are Confusing Atheism With Hedonism. There Are Many Boring - Straight-Edge Atheist'.
Faced With An Absence Of Inherent Meaning And Purpose - What On Earth Is Wrong With Drug' And Sex?...
http://turnerwatson.files.wordpress.com/2012/...
what you are confused with is that freethinkers actually make their own purpose and meaning in their lives. you religious cult members have your life's meaning and purpose handed to you like a drone worker bee...and it is based on proven lies...

i prefer my purposeful life to your lie filled life...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#99633 Sep 14, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
This is how you win an argument.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/dfb821c9fc9d3b0d8d...
Oh HELL yes!

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#99634 Sep 14, 2013
So why is it that Moses had to lay down the rules of what animals were OK to eat and which weren't to the Israelites, but everyone else gets to eat bacon? Why doesn't the laws of Leviticus 11 apply to Christians?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#99635 Sep 14, 2013
Interesting to note hat Politix is running a poll right now asking "Is evolutionary science a threat to Christianity?"

It's been almost 90% No.

:-)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#99636 Sep 14, 2013
MikeF wrote:
Interesting to note hat Politix is running a poll right now asking "Is evolutionary science a threat to Christianity?"
It's been almost 90% No.
:-)
Yes, but read the comments. An amazing number of the noes are from creatards that do not believe the theory of evolution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohioan Posts Message on His SUV: 'Got Kidney? I... 14 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 18 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min wichita-rick 162,911
The N-word: (Jul '14) 23 min Mega Monster 345
Word Association (Jun '10) 26 min Mega Monster 27,655
Word Association. (Nov '10) 29 min Mega Monster 17,454
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 34 min Mega Monster 2,357
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Krypteia 29,126
*Sad music/sad themes Thread* 2 hr wichita-rick 191
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 3 hr Mechanic 4,543
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Wolftracks 40,728
More from around the web