Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
94,101 - 94,120 of 115,247 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99588 Sep 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh no. Most people that suffer 'death' like experiences aren't being given enough time by the event taking place to allow them, as their dying to consider family, friends, etc and how much they'll miss them and then 'die'.
See, many NDE are said by them to take place in a moment's notice like a sudden car crash, heart failure, physical trauma etc. So many NDE don't dye slowly thinking of loved ones and how they'll miss them etc. If most NDE did happen that way you would have a point.
Plus most NDE that take place, the persons tell of a waking point 'after' the so called 'point of death'. Thereby making a 'blank' time period between unconsciousness and the so called 'mental waking' NDE.
The fact remains that many people are more brainwashed by facts of their origin being of the stars and we have no similar accounts of people having NDE and telling of seeing similar things that they claim they all came from concerning stars and solar systems etc.
Here's the issue. We have science saying if you receive enough input about theism and an after life, you'll stand a chance of seeing it in a NDE.
Yet if you stand a chance to receive enough input of your origin coming from the birth of this planet and the stars, you won't see anything in an NDE of that.
By all reason of logic, if the mind can brainwash itself to believe certain things of it's origin, reason stands we should be having some sort of an equal number of 'angelic' NDE and star birth NDE.
yeah...see it is AFTER the trauma that causes the 'death' that people have these after life experiences, just like i said. that is because the brain is not dead, it is still working even if the heart and lungs are not working.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99589 Sep 12, 2013
We all know those who deserve to continue on the path to evolution of humanity. So if I were you, get a clue. You can resist all you want and that will be the end of your journey. Those who are deserving will continue their legacy and humanity will be better off that way. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We are One.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99590 Sep 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa! This bears watching!
Go Bears!
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99591 Sep 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah...see it is AFTER the trauma that causes the 'death' that people have these after life experiences, just like i said. that is because the brain is not dead, it is still working even if the heart and lungs are not working.
You need to re-educate yourself in Human Anatomy

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#99592 Sep 12, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Once more.....they just keep falling from the sky.
"A new study by a team of astrobiologists at Cardiff University claims to have found evidence of extraterrestrial life. The study authors claim to have found algae-like fossil structures in meteorite fragments that impacted in Sri Lanka last December.
Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/345407#...
Perhaps we are getting our answer to the 'Origin of Life' from the skies
Unless it's scientific factual evidence, the key word as always is 'claim(s)'.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#99593 Sep 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah...see it is AFTER the trauma that causes the 'death' that people have these after life experiences, just like i said. that is because the brain is not dead, it is still working even if the heart and lungs are not working.
If 'trama' after death causes NDE than most everyone logically suffering 'trama' from a death like experience should 'most all' be having NDE and they aren't so you're supposition is false.
If NDE is connected to theism input over one's aging life span, nde should be very very common to one and all. You can't by any logic conclude NDE should be affecting a small minority when in fact it should be affecting the large majority and it isn't. Therefore NDE logically go beyond the realm of 'theism influence'.
My point isn't to argue the credibility or lack of credibility of evolution and or creationism.
If our preoccupation with life after death can promote visions of dead people, why can't peoples preoccupation with belief we came from the star systems etc be experiencing common/similar visions of how the star systems came to be? It's a rational question.

St. Croix valley

#99594 Sep 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
If 'trama' after death causes NDE than most everyone logically suffering 'trama' from a death like experience should 'most all' be having NDE and they aren't so you're supposition is false.
If NDE is connected to theism input over one's aging life span, nde should be very very common to one and all. You can't by any logic conclude NDE should be affecting a small minority when in fact it should be affecting the large majority and it isn't. Therefore NDE logically go beyond the realm of 'theism influence'.
My point isn't to argue the credibility or lack of credibility of evolution and or creationism.
If our preoccupation with life after death can promote visions of dead people, why can't peoples preoccupation with belief we came from the star systems etc be experiencing common/similar visions of how the star systems came to be? It's a rational question.
Trauma after death?!!? what the hell are you talking about? you don't seem able to hold a logical thread in your mind.

So if your theory is correct, which is that after life experiences are an example of life after death...and that is what you are getting at, isn't it? then wouldn't everyone have them? wouldn't the nonbelievers have visions of hell when they die?

Sheesh, your illogical thinking is proof you have been brainwashed beyond the ability to reason for yourself...

St. Croix valley

#99595 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to re-educate yourself in Human Anatomy
Nope, aced that class.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#99597 Sep 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it's scientific factual evidence, the key word as always is 'claim(s)'.
Since the 'claims' are coming from a reputable university I expect that the 'claims' and data will be peer reviewed in time.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99598 Sep 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, aced that class.
Great. Then you would understand in logic that the soul is not the body. So your reason that during the dying phase of the body when the mind is still conscious for 30 seconds is not the afterlife, it's near-death experience. The afterlife has nothing to do with the physical body.

St. Croix valley

#99599 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. Then you would understand in logic that the soul is not the body. So your reason that during the dying phase of the body when the mind is still conscious for 30 seconds is not the afterlife, it's near-death experience. The afterlife has nothing to do with the physical body.
i never claimed it was, i was using the other commenters term of afterlife experience. the 'soul' has not one single shred of evidence to suggest it exists. it is another fairy tale told to rein in the cult members of silly religions.

did you learn about the 'soul' in anatomy class?
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99600 Sep 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i never claimed it was, i was using the other commenters term of afterlife experience. the 'soul' has not one single shred of evidence to suggest it exists. it is another fairy tale told to rein in the cult members of silly religions.
You really are brainwashed to lie to everyone, what an idiot. You have no clue what happens to your relatives who've passed on and yet you claim you know that a soul does NOT exist. You might as well be the figure of a headless horseman since you are not using your head to think.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99601 Sep 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
So anything that Physiology class doesn't teach isn't real?

St. Croix valley

#99602 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are brainwashed to lie to everyone, what an idiot. You have no clue what happens to your relatives who've passed on and yet you claim you know that a soul does NOT exist. You might as well be the figure of a headless horseman since you are not using your head to think.
You really need to read better and comprehend even better than that. i clearly stated there is not one shred of evidence to suggest there is any soul. this statement is absolutely true, unless you have this very first shred in all of humanity...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99603 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
Then you would understand in logic that the soul is not the body.
I'm sorry, but unless we're referring to abstract cultural phenomena such as theistic beliefs which are not demonstrable in reality, the words "logic" and "soul" should not really share the same sentence.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99604 Sep 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You really need to read better and comprehend even better than that. i clearly stated there is not one shred of evidence to suggest there is any soul. this statement is absolutely true, unless you have this very first shred in all of humanity...
I'm not going over this same bs with what you skeptics do all the time. There is a distinction between idealism and realism. I have to remind you that before you lose your head again.

You cannot use a method for science to prove something that is NOT science. What science can handle, is just that, Science, nothing more.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99605 Sep 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but unless we're referring to abstract cultural phenomena such as theistic beliefs which are not demonstrable in reality, the words "logic" and "soul" should not really share the same sentence.
What cultural phenomena? Look I don't care about any cultures, whether gay or straight, white or minority, religious or atheist, or whatever. It has nothing to do with the argument for the existence of Soul.

If you have a beef with your cultural laws, take it up with the politicians that enforce them. But don't go around spreading lies because it doesn't suit your lifestyle. Are you the second headless horseman here?
Prof Nicodemus

Tulsa, OK

#99606 Sep 12, 2013
Dr. Sam Parnia set up a test target for verifying life after death or out of body experiences, or near death. Whichever you prefer.

He placed targets in a place where they could only be seen by patients who were up high. Out of all the near dead patients who claimed to see white lights, relatives, god or angels, NONE could tell him what was in their rooms. Some heart attack patients were "dead" for up to two minutes.

No ghosts. no spirits, no god, no heaven, no hell, no angels no life after death. My work here is done. Next subject.

St. Croix valley

#99607 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going over this same bs with what you skeptics do all the time. There is a distinction between idealism and realism. I have to remind you that before you lose your head again.
You cannot use a method for science to prove something that is NOT science. What science can handle, is just that, Science, nothing more.
so that would be a big "no" as to any shred of evidence that suggests the 'soul' is real...

thanx.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99608 Sep 12, 2013
Prof Nicodemus wrote:
Dr. Sam Parnia set up a test target for verifying life after death or out of body experiences, or near death. Whichever you prefer.
He placed targets in a place where they could only be seen by patients who were up high. Out of all the near dead patients who claimed to see white lights, relatives, god or angels, NONE could tell him what was in their rooms. Some heart attack patients were "dead" for up to two minutes.
No ghosts. no spirits, no god, no heaven, no hell, no angels no life after death. My work here is done. Next subject.
thanks for sharing a FAILED experiment. Next.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Tom2Tone 145,261
Big dawg 10 min Big dawg 407
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 19 min Petal Power 28,508
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 19 min mr goodwrench 137,495
What's your tip for the day? 22 min Petal Power 810
Fergson Police Dept. 31 min TALLYHO 8541 393
white... 33 min in need of 184
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 36 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 35,991
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 41 min Spirit67_ 18,594
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••