Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 219579 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#99629 Sep 14, 2013
This is how you win an argument.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/dfb821c9fc9d3b0d8d...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99630 Sep 14, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you'll be the one who will become nothing when you k*ck the bucket. You have a death wish, old man?
the evidence would suggest we ALL become nothing when we die.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99631 Sep 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you're the one that stated... "..see it is AFTER the trauma that causes the 'death'.." The brain/body continues to suffer trauma while the person is 'unconscious' or as is also stated 'clinically dead' yet later come to or are revived. It's DURING the trauma that people have NDE.
No. The illogical thinking is that theism is the center point for why people having NDE see the dead who appear to be quite live. If theism was the center point for NDE, than people all over this world should be having specific visions of an afterlife that deals with the religion they were influenced by during their life. And logically visions of dead ancestors has nothing to do with actual Christian teachings. Dead ancestors should be the last thing to be seen in a NDE. One should actually be having visions of all the things one has read/heard of concerning that religion.
Back to my point, if we are from stellar matter and not the creation of some being, our DNA should, key word should have some sort of an imprint of our past beginnings in our memories that should be seen in parts and pieces in visions/dreams/NDEs, not some fanciful thought/hope of an after life.
yes, after the trauma that caused the death. not trauma after death...

your entire thesis is based on nonesense, just like your cult...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99632 Sep 14, 2013
drink The hive wrote:
I Believe U Are Confusing Atheism With Hedonism. There Are Many Boring - Straight-Edge Atheist'.
Faced With An Absence Of Inherent Meaning And Purpose - What On Earth Is Wrong With Drug' And Sex?...
http://turnerwatson.files.wordpress.com/2012/...
what you are confused with is that freethinkers actually make their own purpose and meaning in their lives. you religious cult members have your life's meaning and purpose handed to you like a drone worker bee...and it is based on proven lies...

i prefer my purposeful life to your lie filled life...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#99633 Sep 14, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
This is how you win an argument.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/dfb821c9fc9d3b0d8d...
Oh HELL yes!

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#99634 Sep 14, 2013
So why is it that Moses had to lay down the rules of what animals were OK to eat and which weren't to the Israelites, but everyone else gets to eat bacon? Why doesn't the laws of Leviticus 11 apply to Christians?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#99635 Sep 14, 2013
Interesting to note hat Politix is running a poll right now asking "Is evolutionary science a threat to Christianity?"

It's been almost 90% No.

:-)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#99636 Sep 14, 2013
MikeF wrote:
Interesting to note hat Politix is running a poll right now asking "Is evolutionary science a threat to Christianity?"
It's been almost 90% No.
:-)
Yes, but read the comments. An amazing number of the noes are from creatards that do not believe the theory of evolution.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#99637 Sep 14, 2013
Faith: not WANTING to know what is true.

Friedrich Nietzsche

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#99638 Sep 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but read the comments. An amazing number of the noes are from creatards that do not believe the theory of evolution.
No surprise. They never know when to shut up.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99639 Sep 14, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
So why is it that Moses had to lay down the rules of what animals were OK to eat and which weren't to the Israelites, but everyone else gets to eat bacon? Why doesn't the laws of Leviticus 11 apply to Christians?
the infallible god was wrong the first time...
spOko

Oakland, CA

#99640 Sep 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the evidence would suggest we ALL become nothing when we die.
Lots of stuff happens after a living thing dies
http://www.memorialpages.co.uk/articles/decom...

As for the “energy” nothing much happens, it follows the law of the conservation of energy. Maybe an analogy will help. When your car is running, there's an interesting flow of energy of a variety of types through the engine, electrical system, and so forth. When the car is off, most of that flow ceases. The energy itself doesn't disappear or do anything surprising or hard to explain. The thermal energy in the hot engine gradually leaks into the environment, etc.
spOko

Oakland, CA

#99641 Sep 14, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
So why is it that Moses had to lay down the rules of what animals were OK to eat and which weren't to the Israelites, but everyone else gets to eat bacon? Why doesn't the laws of Leviticus 11 apply to Christians?
LOL ... you would have to ask Moses :-)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99642 Sep 14, 2013
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of stuff happens after a living thing dies
http://www.memorialpages.co.uk/articles/decom...
As for the “energy” nothing much happens, it follows the law of the conservation of energy. Maybe an analogy will help. When your car is running, there's an interesting flow of energy of a variety of types through the engine, electrical system, and so forth. When the car is off, most of that flow ceases. The energy itself doesn't disappear or do anything surprising or hard to explain. The thermal energy in the hot engine gradually leaks into the environment, etc.
but lacking any evidence for a soul or any afterlife. that would be nothing for that dead person.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99643 Sep 14, 2013
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... you would have to ask Moses :-)
the proven false god of the bible laid down those laws, not Moses...

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#99644 Sep 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, after the trauma that caused the death. not trauma after death...
your entire thesis is based on nonesense, just like your cult...
Nonsense to you. That is understandable. Humans are one of the only known species to exist that pass nothing of the past onto those being born after them. All species pass on several or many DNA oriented skills for survival and some things are implanted into the memory for the next generation, like elephants passing on where watering holes are to babies that have never been to them. But grown and alone they know where to locate these water holes they have never been to.
Humans pass down nothing as all other species do concerning survival instinct. We don't follow migration routes, we're not tuned into the earth's magnetic field to use it for travel, we don't pass down knowledge where the best cave and oasis are, we pass down absolutely not a thing as other species do that they 'naturally' use for an instinct for survival. Nearly everything that we know happens by watching and being taught for years on end.
Our species is suppose to be linked to the cells hundreds of millions to billions of years past, a time period that should have given us qualities we don't have, and we the supreme thinking specie are born dumb as a door knob without survival skills or instincts to live. Ever think about that?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#99645 Sep 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the proven false god of the bible laid down those laws, not Moses...
lolol.....PROVEN false god???? lol...how in the fricking *ell do you prove something that can't be proven to exist is proof it doesn't/can't exist? Too funny dude...

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#99646 Sep 14, 2013
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... you would have to ask Moses :-)
Come to think of it, the Old Testament was written for the Jews. Why do Christians follow it at all? And if they claim to follow its laws, why do they always ignore the Leviticus 11 part?

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#99647 Sep 15, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
Come to think of it, the Old Testament was written for the Jews. Why do Christians follow it at all? And if they claim to follow its laws, why do they always ignore the Leviticus 11 part?
Not to mention the Leviticus 19:27 part - "You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard."

Horoscopes and fortune cookies - Leviticus 19:31 - "Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God."

No tattoos - Leviticus 19:28 - "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord."

Polyester - Leviticus 19:19 - "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99648 Sep 15, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lolol.....PROVEN false god???? lol...how in the fricking *ell do you prove something that can't be proven to exist is proof it doesn't/can't exist? Too funny dude...
the god of the bible has been proven false. by the bible itself, the man-made book that created the god of abraham.

are your thought processes as twisted as your sentence structure?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 min Non England Patriots 71,286
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 3 min swampmudd 1,208
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) (Jul '15) 5 min Princess Hey 2,183
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 7 min Princess Hey 48,951
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 9 min _Susan_ 20,913
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min Jennifer Renee 23,090
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 50 min -Papa-Smurf- 6,848
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sublime1 211,358
A to Z songs by title or group! 2 hr liam cul8r 959
Back In The Day ... for the third time! 2 hr liam cul8r 242
More from around the web