Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164702 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99595 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to re-educate yourself in Human Anatomy
Nope, aced that class.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#99597 Sep 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it's scientific factual evidence, the key word as always is 'claim(s)'.
Since the 'claims' are coming from a reputable university I expect that the 'claims' and data will be peer reviewed in time.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99598 Sep 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, aced that class.
Great. Then you would understand in logic that the soul is not the body. So your reason that during the dying phase of the body when the mind is still conscious for 30 seconds is not the afterlife, it's near-death experience. The afterlife has nothing to do with the physical body.

St. Croix valley

#99599 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. Then you would understand in logic that the soul is not the body. So your reason that during the dying phase of the body when the mind is still conscious for 30 seconds is not the afterlife, it's near-death experience. The afterlife has nothing to do with the physical body.
i never claimed it was, i was using the other commenters term of afterlife experience. the 'soul' has not one single shred of evidence to suggest it exists. it is another fairy tale told to rein in the cult members of silly religions.

did you learn about the 'soul' in anatomy class?
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99600 Sep 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i never claimed it was, i was using the other commenters term of afterlife experience. the 'soul' has not one single shred of evidence to suggest it exists. it is another fairy tale told to rein in the cult members of silly religions.
You really are brainwashed to lie to everyone, what an idiot. You have no clue what happens to your relatives who've passed on and yet you claim you know that a soul does NOT exist. You might as well be the figure of a headless horseman since you are not using your head to think.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99601 Sep 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
So anything that Physiology class doesn't teach isn't real?

St. Croix valley

#99602 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are brainwashed to lie to everyone, what an idiot. You have no clue what happens to your relatives who've passed on and yet you claim you know that a soul does NOT exist. You might as well be the figure of a headless horseman since you are not using your head to think.
You really need to read better and comprehend even better than that. i clearly stated there is not one shred of evidence to suggest there is any soul. this statement is absolutely true, unless you have this very first shred in all of humanity...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99603 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
Then you would understand in logic that the soul is not the body.
I'm sorry, but unless we're referring to abstract cultural phenomena such as theistic beliefs which are not demonstrable in reality, the words "logic" and "soul" should not really share the same sentence.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99604 Sep 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You really need to read better and comprehend even better than that. i clearly stated there is not one shred of evidence to suggest there is any soul. this statement is absolutely true, unless you have this very first shred in all of humanity...
I'm not going over this same bs with what you skeptics do all the time. There is a distinction between idealism and realism. I have to remind you that before you lose your head again.

You cannot use a method for science to prove something that is NOT science. What science can handle, is just that, Science, nothing more.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99605 Sep 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but unless we're referring to abstract cultural phenomena such as theistic beliefs which are not demonstrable in reality, the words "logic" and "soul" should not really share the same sentence.
What cultural phenomena? Look I don't care about any cultures, whether gay or straight, white or minority, religious or atheist, or whatever. It has nothing to do with the argument for the existence of Soul.

If you have a beef with your cultural laws, take it up with the politicians that enforce them. But don't go around spreading lies because it doesn't suit your lifestyle. Are you the second headless horseman here?
Prof Nicodemus

Tulsa, OK

#99606 Sep 12, 2013
Dr. Sam Parnia set up a test target for verifying life after death or out of body experiences, or near death. Whichever you prefer.

He placed targets in a place where they could only be seen by patients who were up high. Out of all the near dead patients who claimed to see white lights, relatives, god or angels, NONE could tell him what was in their rooms. Some heart attack patients were "dead" for up to two minutes.

No ghosts. no spirits, no god, no heaven, no hell, no angels no life after death. My work here is done. Next subject.

St. Croix valley

#99607 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going over this same bs with what you skeptics do all the time. There is a distinction between idealism and realism. I have to remind you that before you lose your head again.
You cannot use a method for science to prove something that is NOT science. What science can handle, is just that, Science, nothing more.
so that would be a big "no" as to any shred of evidence that suggests the 'soul' is real...

thanx.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99608 Sep 12, 2013
Prof Nicodemus wrote:
Dr. Sam Parnia set up a test target for verifying life after death or out of body experiences, or near death. Whichever you prefer.
He placed targets in a place where they could only be seen by patients who were up high. Out of all the near dead patients who claimed to see white lights, relatives, god or angels, NONE could tell him what was in their rooms. Some heart attack patients were "dead" for up to two minutes.
No ghosts. no spirits, no god, no heaven, no hell, no angels no life after death. My work here is done. Next subject.
thanks for sharing a FAILED experiment. Next.
I AM SIRIUS

Perris, CA

#99609 Sep 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so that would be a big "no" as to any shred of evidence that suggests the 'soul' is real...
thanx.
I don't care what evidence you want. You don't deserve it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99610 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
What cultural phenomena? Look I don't care about any cultures, whether gay or straight, white or minority, religious or atheist, or whatever.
The phenomena known as theology.
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
It has nothing to do with the argument for the existence of Soul.
If you have a scientific definition of the word then you can make a scientific argument.
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
If you have a beef with your cultural laws, take it up with the politicians that enforce them.
I don't. In America the Constitution guarantees religious freedom. I'm relatively free here too.
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
But don't go around spreading lies because it doesn't suit your lifestyle.
I haven't spread any lies yet. I tend to leave that to creationists.
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
Are you the second headless horseman here?
I have a head, but I can't even ride a bike, much less an equestrian quadruped.

WHY SO SIRIUS???
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99611 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for sharing a FAILED experiment. Next.
Aren't they all? After all, any scientific tests have always come up as "inconclusive".

Which is understandable really since we are after all talking about a non-falsifiable and therefore non-scientific subject.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99612 Sep 12, 2013
I AM SIRIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what evidence you want. You don't deserve it.
Yeah, creationists say that to us all the time too...

Ain't it always the way?

:-/

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#99613 Sep 13, 2013
Man, it just keeps coming from the sky....again, we have signs of life from space.

“Did a British research balloon pick up extraterrestrial life as it skimmed the stratosphere during the annual Perseid meteor shower?

Yes,[says] astrobiologist Chandra Wickramasinghe and his fellow scientists, who claim that the microscopic algae detected on the balloon’s sterile slides “can only have come from space.” In a study presented at the Instruments, Methods, and Missions for Astrobiology conference in San Diego, Calif. last month, the team theorized that the seeds are constantly transported between planets by asteroids, comets, and other cosmic wanderers.

http://disinfo.com/2013/09/alien-algae-found-...

http://www.medicaldaily.com/seeds-life-collec...

I wonder what 'Other Cosmic Wanderers' are.....don't you?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#99614 Sep 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so that would be a big "no" as to any shred of evidence that suggests the 'soul' is real...

thanx.
Absolutely incorrect!

I present as evidence, James Brown.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99615 Sep 13, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely incorrect!
I present as evidence, James Brown.
I FEEEEEEEELLL GOOD!

I knew that I would tho.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 9 min Tea Bag Residue C... 109
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min wichita-rick 163,235
Carnivals need to be sued for discrimination vi... 20 min A2re41 14
Happy Birthday, El. 21 min Grace Nerissa 1
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 28 min NinaRocks 2,374
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 30 min Grace Nerissa 32,093
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 36 min Grace Nerissa 703
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 40,805
What Could Be Hot? 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 225
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 4 hr Brandiiiiiiii 4,635
More from around the web