Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#99484 Sep 8, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because if there was nothing, then no one would exist to ask "why".
Cute, but non-responsive.

Level 7

Location hidden

#99485 Sep 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You can't possibly belief the bible creation story and evolution at the same time.
You are correct. I do not believe the bible creation story. As I indicated earlier, I believe in the idea of some sort of "creative" energy as the initiator. I do not believe it was in any human form, or that it spoke in parables.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99486 Sep 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Word what I am asking is that being both homo sapiens neanderthalensis and homo sapiens evolved from Homo heidelbergensis wouldn't we share genes with them anyway being we both have the same common ancestor in Homo heidelbergensis?
yes, we in fact do. so you are correct in your support for evolution. but people in Europe have far more neandertal genes than people in Africa because of the interbreeding that took place after those humans left africa.

again, glad to see you support evolution....

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#99487 Sep 8, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Cute, but non-responsive.
Cute, but true.

It took the Earth billions of years to come up with a sentient and introspective enough species to be able to even ask those questions.

St. Croix valley

#99488 Sep 8, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct. I do not believe the bible creation story. As I indicated earlier, I believe in the idea of some sort of "creative" energy as the initiator. I do not believe it was in any human form, or that it spoke in parables.
any evidence of this creative energy to base this belief on?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#99489 Sep 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the bible creation story has been proven false. it did not happen that way, so belief is not even an option for that...

However some people still do, they argue in topix about it and believe the flood story too.

St. Croix valley

#99490 Sep 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
However some people still do, they argue in topix about it and believe the flood story too.
PT Barnum was truly correct. one born every minute...

Level 7

Location hidden

#99491 Sep 8, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute, but true.
It took the Earth billions of years to come up with a sentient and introspective enough species to be able to even ask those questions.
Maybe you need to review my initial question - "why is there something?" How long it may have taken for an organism to recognize the "something" does not explain the essence of that something.

Now if you want to argue that the "something" is the manifestation of some sort of cosmic "consciousness", that would make for a more interesting discussion.

Level 7

Location hidden

#99492 Sep 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>any evidence of this creative energy to base this belief on?
Evidence? None, except here we are.

Level 7

Location hidden

#99493 Sep 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>PT Barnum was truly correct. one born every minute...
Does that include atheists?

St. Croix valley

#99494 Sep 8, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Does that include atheists?
Atheists don't believe in already proven false myths.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#99495 Sep 8, 2013
ďA recent mathematical analysis says that life as we know it is written into the laws of reality.† DNA is built from a set of twenty amino acids - the first ten of those can create simple prebiotic life, and now it seems that those ten are thermodynamically destined to occur wherever they can.

An energy analysis by Professors Pudritz and Higgs of McMaster University shows that the first ten amino acids are likely to form at relatively low temperatures and pressures, and the calculated odds of formation match the concentrations of these life-chemicals found in meteorite samples.

They also match those in simulations of early Earth, and most critically, those simulations were performed by other people.† The implications are staggering: good news for anyone worried about how we're alone, and bad news for anyone who demands some kind of "Designer" to put life together - it seems that physics can assemble the organic jigsaw all by itself, thank you very much, and has probably done so throughout space since the beginning of everything.

The study indicates that you don't need a miracle to arrive at the chemical cocktail for early life, just a decently large asteroid with the right components.Ē

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2009/04/...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

#99497 Sep 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey replytime, how are you this afternoon??
That would be the new argument that is now being presented, and will be fought over until more evidence comes in.
I had a great afternoon. Hope you did as well.

They will fight over this for many years.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#99498 Sep 9, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, do you think that your vote at the presidential primary truly counts or do you think that the person with the most money and power backing them wins?
Do you believe that some states primary and caucus votes are manipulated?
I really donít give a damn, I do not vote in any US presidential primaries or come to that, no US elections whatsoever, I am British and reside in the UK (for the moment).

However do you believe that the US voting system is corrupt? Or are yoy simply paranoid and t5hing anyonw who votes differently to you is trying to get at you personally.

You donít like democracy then as I have already mentioned there are options available to you.
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that when politicians RE-DISTRICT the state, that they are doing this for 'our' benefit or 'theirs'?
Do we get to vote on re-districting?
I donít know and again I donít care, it is the way the US has chosen to vote, you donít like it then as I have already mentioned there are options available to you.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#99499 Sep 9, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, defining what "Christians" are using Hitler as an example is getting really old to me.
Jesus defines what His followers are; "If you love me you will follow my commands" "My command is this, that you love one another." and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." "Do not judge". From the book of John. Murdering innocent millions = not a "Christian". Thank you.
I am not defining anything, I am stating FACT.

The fact that that fact does not gel with your interpretation of christianity simply means that there are more interpretations of christianity than just yours.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

#99500 Sep 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
ďA recent mathematical analysis says that life as we know it is written into the laws of reality.† DNA is built from a set of twenty amino acids - the first ten of those can create simple prebiotic life, and now it seems that those ten are thermodynamically destined to occur wherever they can.
An energy analysis by Professors Pudritz and Higgs of McMaster University shows that the first ten amino acids are likely to form at relatively low temperatures and pressures, and the calculated odds of formation match the concentrations of these life-chemicals found in meteorite samples.
They also match those in simulations of early Earth, and most critically, those simulations were performed by other people.† The implications are staggering: good news for anyone worried about how we're alone, and bad news for anyone who demands some kind of "Designer" to put life together - it seems that physics can assemble the organic jigsaw all by itself, thank you very much, and has probably done so throughout space since the beginning of everything.
The study indicates that you don't need a miracle to arrive at the chemical cocktail for early life, just a decently large asteroid with the right components.Ē
That was taken from this article written 04/07/09 and the one you posted was written 04/13/09. The link to the original is after the last paragraph in the one you posted.

Humans and Aliens Might Share DNA Roots
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/04/the...
Level 5

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#99501 Sep 9, 2013
Only a dummy would not believe in evolution.

Level 7

Location hidden

#99502 Sep 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists don't believe in already proven false myths.
Just two requests:

1-Show me those already proven "myths", and the proof that they are false.
2-Show me the proof to support atheism, which is a position of certainty.

Level 7

Location hidden

#99503 Sep 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
All you have to do now is explain how the asteroid came to exist.

Level 7

Location hidden

#99504 Sep 9, 2013
NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
Only a dummy would not believe in evolution.
Though many of those dummies are a great argument against evolution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min wichita-rick 147,209
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 4 min whatimeisit 25,961
last word - first (Jun '12) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,946
'Hoosier Hillbilly' or 'Barack Obama' Who'd Be... 8 min Grace Nerissa 28
Name 3 things better then sex or money .... 16 min Grace Nerissa 15
Last Word - Spelled Out G*A*M*E 16 min Hoosier Hillbilly 55
A Look At American Jihadis: Why Do They Fight? 20 min Grace Nerissa 4
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 27 min Grace Nerissa 36,493
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Nikola Tesla 20,520
Cop Car Slams Into Dunkin' Donuts 2 hr wichita-rick 6