Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“The Grim Reaper Is Fictional ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

But We Will All Meet Him

#99419 Sep 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
“The more genes we share the closer the relationship. The closer the relationship the chances of mating and bringing forth fertile offspring goes higher.
Genome-wide variation from one human being to another can be up to 0.5%(99.5% similarity)
-Chimpanzees are 96% to 98% similar to humans.
-Cats have 90% of homologous genes with humans, 82% with dogs, 80% with cows, 79% with chimpanzees, 69% with rats and 67% with mice.
-Cows (Bos taurus) are 80% genetically similar to humans
- 75% of mouse genes have equivalents in humans, 90% of the mouse genome could be lined up with a region on the human genome (source) 99% of mouse genes turn out to have analogues in humans . This is why they are used so much in science for testing medicines, etc.
- The fruit fly (Drosophila) shares about 60% of its DNA with humans.
- About 60% of chicken genes correspond to a similar human gene.
A good article on Human/Chimp genomes
http://genome.wellcome.ac.uk/doc_WTD020730.ht...
Didn't homo sapiens and homo sapiens neanderthalensis both evolve from Homo heidelbergensis? So we would share genes with them anyways.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#99420 Sep 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't homo sapiens and homo sapiens neanderthalensis both evolve from Homo heidelbergensis? So we would share genes with them anyways.
That also means we share genes with heidelbergensis and a very very high probability of sharing genes with the other Hominids around at the same time as heidelbergensis.....

This alone is proof of being related to the apes

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99421 Sep 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
so you do believe in the theory of evolution...

funny!

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#99422 Sep 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
That also means we share genes with heidelbergensis and a very very high probability of sharing genes with the other Hominids around at the same time as heidelbergensis.....
This alone is proof of being related to the apes
Which goes back to my question of Then what is the big deal of sharing genes with Neanderthals. Whether they mated with humans or not we would still share genes with them. And why is it only non-African share genes with them? Shouldn’t we all share genes with Neanderthals being we all evolved from Homo heidelbergensis?

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#99423 Sep 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you do believe in the theory of evolution...
funny!
Just because someone has studied something does not mean they believe in it. Which goes back to what I told you; Not all people are as dumb as the play they are. But I can act as dumb as you think I am anytime.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#99424 Sep 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Which goes back to my question of Then what is the big deal of sharing genes with Neanderthals. Whether they mated with humans or not we would still share genes with them. And why is it only non-African share genes with them? Shouldn’t we all share genes with Neanderthals being we all evolved from Homo heidelbergensis?
There are various ways of measuring the differences between genes.

It seems that experts have ways of spotting the interbreeding that occurred after speciation.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#99425 Sep 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There are various ways of measuring the differences between genes.
It seems that experts have ways of spotting the interbreeding that occurred after speciation.
What way would that be?

St. Croix valley

#99426 Sep 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because someone has studied something does not mean they believe in it. Which goes back to what I told you; Not all people are as dumb as the play they are. But I can act as dumb as you think I am anytime.
dude, you just used the theory you say you don't believe in to try to shoot down the theory you say you don't believe in...

no, you are not playing at being stupid, you are excelling at it...

St. Croix valley

#99427 Sep 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
if the theory of evolution is not real, then why would they share genes at all? wouldn't they have been created with their own set of perfectly distinct genomes?

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#99428 Sep 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The Neanderthals lived around the Levant area for many thousands of years and for a long time Humans coming out of Africa and heading towards Eurasia would pass by them and they presented an opportunity to get some 'strange nooky'
:-)

After the Neanderthals moved from there, or died out, there was no longer an exchange of genes as the Africans passed and that's probably why we have such a small percentage of Neanderthal genes today.

What this does is establish that the gene/blood line of humans IS, beyond doubt, connected to the great ape line.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#99429 Sep 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>dude, you just used the theory you say you don't believe in to try to shoot down the theory you say you don't believe in...
no, you are not playing at being stupid, you are excelling at it...
That just shows your ignorance. I am talking to evolutionists so I am using their terms when asking questions. Would you prefer I say since we all came from monkeys? LOL

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#99430 Sep 7, 2013
Why is it only non-African share genes with them?Shouldn’t we all share genes with Neanderthals being we all evolved from Homo heidelbergensis, which evolved from the line homo erectus/homo ergaster which evolved from homo habilis?

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#99431 Sep 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The Neanderthals lived around the Levant area for many thousands of years and for a long time Humans coming out of Africa and heading towards Eurasia would pass by them and they presented an opportunity to get some 'strange nooky'
:-)
After the Neanderthals moved from there, or died out, there was no longer an exchange of genes as the Africans passed and that's probably why we have such a small percentage of Neanderthal genes today.
What this does is establish that the gene/blood line of humans IS, beyond doubt, connected to the great ape line.
Ooops. This was supposed to be a reply to your comment word.

Why is it only non-African share genes with them?Shouldn’t we all share genes with Neanderthals being we all evolved from Homo heidelbergensis, which evolved from the line homo erectus/homo ergaster which evolved from homo habilis?

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#99432 Sep 7, 2013
OK guy, you have me confused.:-)
drinK the hiVe

New York, NY

#99433 Sep 7, 2013
If You're Feeling Down - Lonely Or Bored - Get Up And Flail Your Arm' And Legs Around Like A Fool 4 A Few Hour'.

Pump Your Heart Rate Up 4 Five Minute' Then Let It Settle And Do It Again 4 Or Five Times...

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#99434 Sep 7, 2013
Ok lets look at it in reverse.

From homo habilis evolved homo erectus and homo ergaster.

From homo erectus/homo ergaster evolved Homo heidelbergensis.

From Homo heidelbergensis evolved homo sapiens neanderthalensis and homo sapiens.

The article said non-African people share genes with Neanderthals. Where do African's get lost in that tree that they don't share genes with Neanderthals?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#99435 Sep 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
From Homo heidelbergensis evolved homo sapiens neanderthalensis and homo sapiens.
The article said non-African people share genes with Neanderthals. Where do African's get lost in that tree that they don't share genes with Neanderthals?
Their are genes that are species specific. Or mostly species specific. Odds are they identified some genes that are found in Neanderthal that are not in people of African descent and are found only in some non-Africans. That would indicate that the genes, which are widespread in Neanderthal arose there and were spread to European and Asian homo saps.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#99436 Sep 7, 2013

Where do African's get lost in this tree that they don't share genes with Neanderthals?

This is going back 2.33 to 1.4 million years ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#99437 Sep 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Where do African's get lost in this tree that they don't share genes with Neanderthals?
This is going back 2.33 to 1.4 million years ago

The Neandertal evolved out of hominids that left Africa and spread across Europe ans Asia, the homo sapiens who leave Africa later interbreed with Neandertals who have populated areas outside of Africa. While The people who live in Africa do not encounter them.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#99438 Sep 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Sorry replaytime, I've got too many things going at once. No, I understood what you where saying, I am mad at myself for not explaining what I was trying to say so that it could be understood properly.

You say:
“Where do African's get lost in that tree that they don't share genes with Neanderthals?“

It all had to do with timing

The Neanderthals were out of Africa many years before the humans. The Neanderthals went first to the Levant, and established a foothold there...before slowly dispersing into Eurasia.

While the Neanderthals were mostly living in the Levant area, the bulk of the Human diaspora from Africa passed right through Neanderthal territory if they were heading for Eurasia.

The Human women proved to be very enticing to the Neanderthal men, and they took lots of liberties and sired lots of mixed gene babies.

At some point the Neanderthals left the Levant and further migrations of Humans did not interact with Neanderthals very much. Those Humans that had Neanderthal genes/blood had no more Neanderthal contact, so the genes/blood thinned down to a small percentage.

Further migrations out of Africa did not get admixed with Neanderthals. People that do have Neanderthal genes/blood were early to migrate from the cradle of humanity. Later migrations of Humans had no Neanderthal genes/blood, and the Neanderthals died out about 30,000+- years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 3 min DILF 593
The Day ObamaCare died 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 5 min DILF 5,977
Is it possible to....... 6 min mr goodwrench 522
Man murders wife, shows parents her body on webcam (Apr '11) 6 min Hungarian 101 79
Magician wows police officers with trick to get... 7 min DILF 5
Cards Against Humanity sent people actual poop ... 9 min DILF 4
Family Feud Contestant Knows Women Have To Be '... 11 min DILF 10
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 12 min -Lea- 25,523
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min razz58 152,362
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 19 min DILF 71
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Grace Nerissa 37,717
More from around the web