Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,693)

Showing posts 93,841 - 93,860 of106,255
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>^^^You misspelled Iq^^^
Ha ha
Donovan Niwa

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

the best fr ee online dating website! video chat, send and receive messages, and flirts all free!! check it out! http://tinyurl.com/m89e7eu

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Malibu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
I have a serious question. Can not both be write. I mean what if some god or powerfull aliens made the earth and then evolution started.
That's called the 'Deist' position. A 'God' Made the universe, started life and then floated away, never to be seen again.
PCD

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't hate was does not exist,,, how can you poke fun at what does not exist? So in other words you say you don't believe in them, they don't exist but yet you poke fun at something that you believe isn't there. What does your shrink think about that?
Oh come now, this is too easy. If you know (or, if you prefer, believe) Mickey Mouse is a fictional character, but someone insists he not only believes Mickey Mouse is real, but that he obeys Mickey Mouse's every order -- wouldn't you make fun of Mickey Mouse too? Wouldn't that be a more-than-sane response to an obviously insane situation? Clearly the point isn't to abuse a non-existent Mickey Mouse; the point is to disabuse a confused person of the notion that Mickey Mouse exists and is infallible.
PCD

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!! "For the previous 8 billion or so it was doing the same thing it's doing now"? That's brilliant! Just brilliant!!
A thread about biological evolution where also the evolutionists say that the Universe is 13.7 billion years old, the earth is 4.7 billion years old, life arose from a muddy soup of nothing, and that is where life came from thus we have been evolving since. So it is relevant to evolution because according to most here that is when things started that led up to evolution.
Oh come now, characterizing abiogenesis as "life arose from a muddy soup of nothing" is a little silly, isn't it? Surely an intelligent person wouldn't have to stoop to that kind of obvious strawmannery. Let's hear your (implied) objections intelligently stated.

It's also completely reasonable to separate a discussion of evolution from theoretical physics. Of course it is. The point you make is like arguing that you have to perfectly understand neolithic history in order to explain the Second Sino-Japanese War. It's not that understanding one or the other is *bad*, it's just a bit silly to insist upon the one to understand the other...

Level 9

Malibu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

The Bible is not the word of God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
glox

Robbins, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that!
There was this one guy that walked on H20........As a matter of fact it doesnt take human thought at all....human reasoning doesnt have a clue....its simply humans believing their own BS! As usual! Humans will if they dont become extinct, control all earthly bound things.......Now, take an advanced species thats been around the universe for millions of years.....What might they control?
glox

Robbins, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't hate was does not exist,,, how can you poke fun at what does not exist? So in other words you say you don't believe in them, they don't exist but yet you poke fun at something that you believe isn't there. What does your shrink think about that?
Humans have their technology(fission, fusion) to destroy all life on earth...in reality they are doing it without knowing it. What if there is an advanced race millions of years old utilizing their mind boggling star technology....building galaxies?Humans will one day control the weather......the others control the cosmos.....makes sense.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
The Bible is not the word of God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Oh my you have a you tube proving the bible is not the word of God, my oh my what should we believe now.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my you have a you tube proving the bible is not the word of God, my oh my what should we believe now.
Is there any proof the bible is the word of god or any god.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
the bible itself proves it is not the word of any god...as has been pointed out to you many, many times...

Level 9

Malibu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You,of course, will go on right where you are, in the groove of Christianity, never learning more, unwilling to let your mind loose and explore the science behind our beautiful and wonderful world.

Other people might listen too and understand what is being said in the video, and all of a sudden realize this is an entirely different world than what religion describes.

They will find that they don't need the crutch of a phony God and all that that entails. Their mind will be free of a 3,000+- year old scam.

Level 9

Malibu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
To the best of my knowledge there is no proof at all that the Bible or religion is true. No proof whatsoever.

Level 9

Malibu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the bible itself proves it is not the word of any god...as has been pointed out to you many, many times...
I can see him right now, standing in the middle of the room with his hands to his ears and bleating, "I can't hear you."--over and over again.

Level 9

Malibu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
NO proof for....plenty of prof against

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see him right now, standing in the middle of the room with his hands to his ears and bleating, "I can't hear you."--over and over again.
i beleive the correct procedure for the cult members there is to recite some of the Psalms while plugging their ears...

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
i beleive the correct procedure for the cult members there is to recite some of the Psalms while plugging their ears...
Why, I was just reciting Leviticus 11 today as I was munching on some bacon.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, I was just reciting Leviticus 11 today as I was munching on some bacon.
hey, I was perusing the same chapter while i was treating my slaves kindly, as the lord suggests...

and then one of them turned gay, snap, just like that...we had to stone the fag to death...it was for his own good, he can now be at peace with his lord...
freddy

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Titties are fun!

Level 9

Malibu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

freddy wrote:
Titties are fun!
You must treat boobs with due respect and awe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,841 - 93,860 of106,255
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••