Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99288 Sep 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin of course. But the facts are that even without Darwin we would have the same theory of evolution today. woodtick is right.
Darwin was the first to see it. If he did not exist it would have been seen at almost the same time. A lot of science is like that. Calculus is attributed to Newton but Leibnitz invented it on his own at the same time. It is still debated by some today who should get the credit.
well, Darwin and his contemporaries gave us the basis to work from. the theory of evolution was built by many,many people over time.

St. Croix valley

#99289 Sep 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It started with littletick saying;
"no-one credits Darwin with the theory of Evolution....No-one."
Like I said Darwin is the one credited to TOE
So if you give credit to Darwin, then like me you are no one!
incorrect...again...

you have absolutely no idea what a scientific theory is , let alone how it is made.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#99290 Sep 5, 2013
“He was writing up his theory in 1858 when Alfred Russel Wallace sent him an essay which described the same idea, prompting immediate joint publication ofboth of their theories.[13] Darwin's work established evolutionary descent with modification as the dominant scientific explanation of diversification in nature.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin

St. Croix valley

#99291 Sep 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
“He was writing up his theory in 1858 when Alfred Russel Wallace sent him an essay which described the same idea, prompting immediate joint publication ofboth of their theories.[13] Darwin's work established evolutionary descent with modification as the dominant scientific explanation of diversification in nature.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin
yes, he sent it to Darwin to use hiw connections in the scientific community to get it published...instead, darwin finished off his as yet incomplete work and submitted that.

not a real stand up guy, that Darwin...but then he started out a a theology student, so he had very piss-poor moral guidance...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#99292 Sep 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, he sent it to Darwin to use hiw connections in the scientific community to get it published...instead, darwin finished off his as yet incomplete work and submitted that.
While Wallace was still overseas when Darwin's paper was presented to the academy he had both his work and Wallace's letter read.
not a real stand up guy, that Darwin...but then he started out a a theology student, so he had very piss-poor moral guidance...
Boy, I sure agree with you there. There have been soooo many fake-ass ministers, pastors, and priests come down the pike I wouldn't trust any of them.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99293 Sep 6, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you got schooled...
Whatever trippy drugs you're on I wanna try one.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99294 Sep 6, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say "not knowing is a cop out" for all things Mikey, it's a cop out when the laws of physic are in place and all of science knows of the paradox but rather then simply admitting it they claim we don't know yet.
They can't figure a good enough lie.
The laws of the universe are in place and time cannot exist with those laws hence someone had to create time.
Proof of God Mikey, it's also proof of hell your spot is warming I hear.
In order for someone to create something (cause and effect) time must already be in place.

You're not very good at this.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#99295 Sep 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, he was right. I can't remember the name but one reason that Darwin published when he did was that there were rumors of another scientist who was getting ready to publish his own theory. Now Darwin had been working on the problem longer, but in science the credit is usually given to the first to publish.
Alfred Russell Wallace

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#99296 Sep 6, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
If the point of yours was to show mine was a poor comparison, then why are you still pushing your point at the first of this comment? Yeah, that's what I thought. lol
It was in response to your post. If you'd rather not get a response, don't post. Very simple.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#99297 Sep 6, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It started with littletick saying;
"no-one credits Darwin with the theory of Evolution....No-one."
Like I said Darwin is the one credited to TOE
So if you give credit to Darwin, then like me you are no one!
As was already pointed out, Darwin had contemporaries who'd reached the same or similar conclusions.
It could easily be argued that most of Darwin's fame comes less from his book and more from being targeted and demonized by religious fundamentalists.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#99298 Sep 6, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say "not knowing is a cop out" for all things Mikey, it's a cop out when the laws of physic are in place and all of science knows of the paradox but rather then simply admitting it they claim we don't know yet.
They can't figure a good enough lie.
The laws of the universe are in place and time cannot exist with those laws hence someone had to create time.
Proof of God Mikey, it's also proof of hell your spot is warming I hear.

You hear? Voices in your head?

Since you've been consistently wrong about just about everything, I expect you're just as wrong about your hell comment.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#99299 Sep 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>well, Darwin and his contemporaries gave us the basis to work from. the theory of evolution was built by many,many people over time.
Correct. Darwin's contribution was natural selection.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#99300 Sep 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You hear? Voices in your head?
Since you've been consistently wrong about just about everything, I expect you're just as wrong about your hell comment.
Why is it that it's always the fundamentalists who get the Revelation 'lake of fire' confused with the Byzantine and medieval versions of 'Hell'- yet it's the agnostic atheists who are constantly accused of not being 'able' to understand the Bible?
A fundie on another thread says that Satan and his demons were wandering the Earth >before< the Creation and another posted that the Bible STATES that the Noahic flood deposited the geologic layers and all of the fossils. <eye roll>.

There's an ocean of stupid lapping at the shores of reason and religion is the global warming.

“A Idiot Thinks Im Savoir Faire”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Paranoid That I Am Everywhere

#99301 Sep 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If there were cars in 1806, there would have been tanks in 1863, the civil war would have been uglier.
Read up. Learn a little.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_a...

St. Croix valley

#99302 Sep 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever trippy drugs you're on I wanna try one.
"try the blue ones. I've never had any complaints about the blue ones...

Bill Murry, "Where the Buffalo Roam"

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#99303 Sep 6, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Define information...
in·for·ma·tion
/&#716;inf&#601;r& #712;m&#257;SH&#601;n/
noun
noun: facts provided or learned about something or someone.
"a vital piece of information"
synonyms: details, particulars, facts, figures, statistics, data; Moreknowledge, intelligence; instruction, advice, guidance, direction, counsel, enlightenment; news, word; hot tip; informalinfo, lowdown, dope, dirt, inside story, scoop "we'll give you the latest information"

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#99304 Sep 6, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where the dumb atheist all fail.
God made time, think about it. Really THINK about that and your dumb statement. Dolt.
God is not a get out clause. To claim your arguments don't apply to him isn't logic, it's cheating.

If God can exist without time then why not some quantum physical cause of the universe?

God is not nothing. He does need to be explained.
For a God to exist is just as big a mystery as this universe existing, except that we know this universe exists.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99305 Sep 6, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Read up. Learn a little.
Jesus Reep, you nearly blew the irony meter.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#99306 Sep 6, 2013
Why can't we settle this matter in a non-atheistic, non-religious way?
Some sort of "creative" energy started this thing, and evolution continued it.

St. Croix valley

#99307 Sep 6, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Why can't we settle this matter in a non-atheistic, non-religious way?
Some sort of "creative" energy started this thing, and evolution continued it.
one would need some shred of proof for this 'creative energy' for that discussion to continue...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 28 min -Lea- 20,589
Last Word - Spelled Out G*A*M*E 35 min AppHappy 71
Mystery Over 'Weird' Plane Trail Photograph 36 min Fundie Taliban 1
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 41 min AppHappy 2,554
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 51 min David0407 5,019
Florida Man Forced Exorcism on Elderly Girlfrie... (Sep '13) 54 min Lawrence Wolf 25
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 54 min Crazy Jae 1,370
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Wolftracks 147,027
A Look At American Jihadis: Why Do They Fight? 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 27
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr TALLYHO 8541 36,521
70-Pound Turtle Found Wandering Near SoCal Coun... 5 hr Fundie Taliban 2
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••