Evolution vs. Creation

There are 162147 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99305 Sep 6, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Read up. Learn a little.
Jesus Reep, you nearly blew the irony meter.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#99306 Sep 6, 2013
Why can't we settle this matter in a non-atheistic, non-religious way?
Some sort of "creative" energy started this thing, and evolution continued it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99307 Sep 6, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Why can't we settle this matter in a non-atheistic, non-religious way?
Some sort of "creative" energy started this thing, and evolution continued it.
one would need some shred of proof for this 'creative energy' for that discussion to continue...

Level 7

Location hidden

#99308 Sep 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>one would need some shred of proof for this 'creative energy' for that discussion to continue...
Unless you can show me how something can emerge from absolute nothing, I'll go with my theory.
And please, if you are going to cite abiogenesis theory to me, don't bother.

And if you're looking for proof of any theory of how life began, bring a lunch with you.

St. Croix valley

#99309 Sep 6, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Unless you can show me how something can emerge from absolute nothing, I'll go with my theory.
And if you're looking for proof of any theory of how life began, bring a lunch with you.
who says something came from nothing? did you invent your own personal theory of the creation of the universe that says this?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#99310 Sep 6, 2013
[strong] strong type [/strong]

Level 7

Location hidden

#99311 Sep 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who says something came from nothing? did you invent your own personal theory of the creation of the universe that says this?
You must be arguing that existence had no beginning, so it was always there. If that is not your theory, then existence had a beginning, or as I like to put it, existence from non-existence, or something from nothing.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#99312 Sep 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but you clearly stated that NOTHING can exist without time.

perhaps you should think before posting...oh wait, that usually leads to even more ignorant statements from you...

so are you saying your proven false cult god is nothing?
Hey dolt - you forgot 3 very important words.

"In our Universe"

Done playing with your childish games.
lolo

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#99313 Sep 6, 2013

the new world order is trying 2 sell the world 1 religion > athesim

drinK the hivE

New York, NY

#99315 Sep 6, 2013

St. Croix valley

#99319 Sep 6, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dolt - you forgot 3 very important words.
"In our Universe"
Done playing with your childish games.
We can know of nothing outside of our universe, can we?

you did not state "in our universe" either." you just clearly stated that nothing can exist without time...

St. Croix valley

#99321 Sep 6, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You must be arguing that existence had no beginning, so it was always there. If that is not your theory, then existence had a beginning, or as I like to put it, existence from non-existence, or something from nothing.
best non-answer i ever heard...

so what is existence have to do with it?

who says something came from nothing? 9other than religious cult freaks like the Tzar, who misreads the big bang theory...

St. Croix valley

#99324 Sep 6, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't I can.
you mean your proven myth false idol you worship? a proven myth doesn't even exist in this universe. proven fact

your cult lied to you...again...
razlle drizlle

United States

#99325 Sep 6, 2013
I thought this was about Obama, not God. Or have the liberals gone and got them confused again?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#99326 Sep 6, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Read up. Learn a little.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_a...
You're getting ahead of yourself.

"Steam-powered wheeled vehicles, precursors to later automobiles"

Sure there were many prototypes, but no viable autos that went into production before 1901, sure you could buy a custom before then.
But you would have to have been rich and are buying something that
is not economically viable. After the car was a viable option the tank followed within a decade. Which was my claim, that if cars were around in 1806 the tank would have been used in the civil war.
But cars were not available in 1806, a few prototypes were.

But like with airplanes , as soon as a viable airplane was built, it went into service as a weapon. As soon as the car was viable, it went into service as a weapon.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#99327 Sep 6, 2013
You are an ape.

Your tail is merely a stub of bones that don't even protrude outside the skin. Your dentition includes not only vestigial canines, but incisors, cuspids, bicuspids, and distinctive molars that come to five points interrupted by a "Y" shaped crevasse. This in addition to all of your other traits, like the dramatically increased range of motion in your shoulder, as well as a profound increase in cranial capacity and disposition toward a bipedal gait, indicates that you are not merely a vertebrate cranial chordate and a tetrapoidal placental mammalian primate, but you are more specifically an ape, and so was your mother before you.
http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/postmonth/...

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#99328 Sep 6, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Unless you can show me how something can emerge from absolute nothing, I'll go with my theory.
Especially how 'God' did this. He came from absolutely 'nothing', he made everything from absolutely nothing. Sounds like a slew of laws were broken.

Level 7

Location hidden

#99329 Sep 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>best non-answer i ever heard...
so what is existence have to do with it?
who says something came from nothing? 9other than religious cult freaks like the Tzar, who misreads the big bang theory...
I think we're talking past each other. I pass.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#99330 Sep 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You're getting ahead of yourself.
"Steam-powered wheeled vehicles, precursors to later automobiles"
Sure there were many prototypes, but no viable autos that went into production before 1901, sure you could buy a custom before then.
But you would have to have been rich and are buying something that
is not economically viable. After the car was a viable option the tank followed within a decade. Which was my claim, that if cars were around in 1806 the tank would have been used in the civil war.
But cars were not available in 1806, a few prototypes were.
But like with airplanes , as soon as a viable airplane was built, it went into service as a weapon. As soon as the car was viable, it went into service as a weapon.
I am getting ahead of my self?? Really?? I posted "It was 1769, with the creation of steam engine automobiles capable of human transport. In 1806, the first cars powered by an internal combustion engine running on fuel gas appeared and since then just got more improved upon."

So what the hell are you talking about. Those are straight out of Wiki.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#99331 Sep 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean your proven myth false idol you worship? a proven myth doesn't even exist in this universe. proven fact
your cult lied to you...again...
Show your proven facts of no God existing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 8 min THE DEVIL 18,191
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 10 min Sublime1 8,429
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 13 min Grace Nerissa 245
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 15 min Camilla 8,146
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 17 min a_temp 140,288
I don't understand why any married man or woman... 27 min a_temp 13
I Like..... (Mar '14) 29 min a_temp 953
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr CJ Rocker 161,911
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr TALLYHO 8541 40,322
News Study: Beards are filled with poop and 'as dirt... 3 hr DILF 47