Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,692)

Showing posts 93,821 - 93,840 of105,880
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Life is a learning highway”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

that too many get lost on

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the myth exists.
you are not that bright, are you?
do you never tire of making an ass out of yourself by posting your ignorance and stupidity?
A young boy enters a barber shop and the barber whispers to his customer, "This is the dumbest kid in the world. Watch this and I prove it to you."

The barber puts a dollar bill in one hand and two quarters in the other, then calls the boy over and asks, "Which do you want, son?" The boy takes the quarters and leaves.

"What did I tell you?" said the barber. "That kid never learns!"

Later, when the customer leaves, he sees the same young boy coming out of the ice cream store. "Hey son, may I ask you a question? Why did you take the quarters instead of the dollar bill?"

The boy licked his ice cream cone and replied, "Because the day I take the dollar the game's over and no more free ice cream!"

Moral. Not all people are a dumb as people think they are. But by acting as if they are, they can have fun at others expense and in reality it shows how dumb they are.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i suppose it could be. now we just need a teensy shred of evidence to suggest that some god, gods or goddesses ever existed or exist now. or those powerful aliens capable of creating life and/or planets...
I agree.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i suppose it could be. now we just need a teensy shred of evidence to suggest that some god, gods or goddesses ever existed or exist now. or those powerful aliens capable of creating life and/or planets...
Most scientist actually believe life can survive in places other than earth. Many believe there is other life in the universe and some believe there is other life within our solar system. Some think it may be microscopic organisms like bacteria. Some think there may be more than that.

So fact is they would not be looking for other life if they did not think it existed.
spOko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what afterlife?
I made it up ...:-)
spOko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Most scientist actually believe life can survive in places other than earth. Many believe there is other life in the universe and some believe there is other life within our solar system. Some think it may be microscopic organisms like bacteria. Some think there may be more than that.
So fact is they would not be looking for other life if they did not think it existed.
Biologically speaking, the human body is nothing but an elaborate vessel optimized for the growth and spread of our microbial inhabitants several hundred microbial species numbering in the hundreds of trillions that call our body home! It turns out that we are only 10 percent human: for every human cell that is intrinsic to our body, there are about 10 resident microbes yuck! Clearly, bacteria are beneficial and essential to our little lives.
spOko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did timelessness come from?
Don't know but it sounds good - no?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude since you like to talk so much and supposedly know so much. The universe is 13.7 billion years old, the earth 4.7 billion years old. What was there and going on for the 9 billion years before earth was formed?
For the previous 8 billion or so it was doing the same thing it's doing now.

Notice that this is a thread about biological evolution as opposed to creationism, and in order for you to avoid dealing with the fact of evolution's validity you have to wind the clock back BILLIONS of years before the evolution of life was even relevant. All so you can go to a nebulous point of knowledge so you can say "HA HA YOU DON'T KNOW THEREFORE GODDIDIT LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLL!!!111!!!1!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they would still look. Why? Because there's no way to get any real idea of the possibility before we start looking.

It's a very big universe out there...

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
For the previous 8 billion or so it was doing the same thing it's doing now.
Notice that this is a thread about biological evolution as opposed to creationism, and in order for you to avoid dealing with the fact of evolution's validity you have to wind the clock back BILLIONS of years before the evolution of life was even relevant. All so you can go to a nebulous point of knowledge so you can say "HA HA YOU DON'T KNOW THEREFORE GODDIDIT LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLL!!!111!!!1!
WOW!! "For the previous 8 billion or so it was doing the same thing it's doing now"? That's brilliant! Just brilliant!!

A thread about biological evolution where also the evolutionists say that the Universe is 13.7 billion years old, the earth is 4.7 billion years old, life arose from a muddy soup of nothing, and that is where life came from thus we have been evolving since. So it is relevant to evolution because according to most here that is when things started that led up to evolution.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they would still look. Why? Because there's no way to get any real idea of the possibility before we start looking.
It's a very big universe out there...
There is no credible evidence that God exists.
There is no credible evidence that God cannot exist.
There is no credible evidence that life exists elsewhere.
There is no credible evidence that life cannot exist elsewhere.

So far, all our efforts to find any life other than on Earth have been inconclusive. And we must have covered at least 0.0000000001% of the observable universe so far, which keeps expanding. We have a long way to go before we can rule out anything.

Your best argument for evidence against God is a book written by people that would be considered uneducated compared to the knowledge we have now. Just the word of people, who aren't perfect and make mistakes, cannot be considered evidence for or against anything in science.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!! "For the previous 8 billion or so it was doing the same thing it's doing now"? That's brilliant! Just brilliant!!
Yes, stars blowing apart and creating nebula and gas clouds, other gas clouds collapsing under gravity and condensing to form more stars and planetary systems and adding to the local galaxies, the universe expanding, you know. The usual.
replaytime wrote:
A thread about biological evolution where also the evolutionists say that the Universe is 13.7 billion years old, the earth is 4.7 billion years old, life arose from a muddy soup of nothing
How is "nothing" muddy?

Oh wait, you been taking straw-man lessons off Bohart?

Aka Nelson Muntz? What's next, puddle goo jokes?
replaytime wrote:
and that is where life came from thus we have been evolving since. So it is relevant to evolution because according to most here that is when things started that led up to evolution.
Actually you're wrong. Since, as I already pointed out, for at least 9.91 BILLION YEARS, none of the universe was even RELEVANT to biological evolution. Evolution starts once abiogenesis occurs. Since it DID occur we have since established that evolution is a reality. Not our problem if you can't deal.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as there is no credible evidence that the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Cosmic Sheep do not exist.
replaytime wrote:
Actually there is, in the fact that comets have been known to harbour the building blocks of life.
replaytime wrote:
So far, all our efforts to find any life other than on Earth have been inconclusive. And we must have covered at least 0.0000000001% of the observable universe so far, which keeps expanding. We have a long way to go before we can rule out anything.
Your best argument for evidence against God is a book written by people that would be considered uneducated compared to the knowledge we have now.
I don't CARE about evidence against God. You can't HAVE evidence against a non-falsifiable non-scientific concept. Atheism is not relevant to me. Simple as that.
replaytime wrote:
Just the word of people, who aren't perfect and make mistakes, cannot be considered evidence for or against anything in science.
Actually the words of scientists can provide evidence FOR science. That is WHY you're posting to me from a computer right now. Science works. Bozos like Urb are here to tell you it doesn't. He doesn't even believe in the geology that provided the plastic for his PC.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, stars blowing apart and creating nebula and gas clouds, other gas clouds collapsing under gravity and condensing to form more stars and planetary systems and adding to the local galaxies, the universe expanding, you know. The usual.
<quoted text>
How is "nothing" muddy?
Oh wait, you been taking straw-man lessons off Bohart?
Aka Nelson Muntz? What's next, puddle goo jokes?
<quoted text>
Actually you're wrong. Since, as I already pointed out, for at least 9.91 BILLION YEARS, none of the universe was even RELEVANT to biological evolution. Evolution starts once abiogenesis occurs. Since it DID occur we have since established that evolution is a reality. Not our problem if you can't deal.
Exactly! Evolution starts once abiogenesis occurs! Which means the rest had to occur as well. Without abiogenesis, no evolution. With out the BBT, no abiogenesis. Without the 9 million years of the universe expanding, no BBT.

Something (A) is relevant to a task (B) if it increases the likelihood of accomplishing the goal (C).

If something needs something to be or happen, that makes them connected thus they are relevant. You are learning.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the words of scientists can provide evidence FOR science. That is WHY you're posting to me from a computer right now. Science works. Bozos like Urb are here to tell you it doesn't. He doesn't even believe in the geology that provided the plastic for his PC.
Actually I am talking to you from this computer from actions of science that brought the computer about <<tested evidence, then the internet <<tested evidence, etc etc all from actions. Now they all may have started with words and thought but words and thought are not evidence. They can give you a piece of paper with the words on it that this is a computer and you can surf the internet with it but it will be nothing but words on paper.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
A young boy enters a barber shop and the barber whispers to his customer, "This is the dumbest kid in the world. Watch this and I prove it to you."
The barber puts a dollar bill in one hand and two quarters in the other, then calls the boy over and asks, "Which do you want, son?" The boy takes the quarters and leaves.
"What did I tell you?" said the barber. "That kid never learns!"
Later, when the customer leaves, he sees the same young boy coming out of the ice cream store. "Hey son, may I ask you a question? Why did you take the quarters instead of the dollar bill?"
The boy licked his ice cream cone and replied, "Because the day I take the dollar the game's over and no more free ice cream!"
Moral. Not all people are a dumb as people think they are. But by acting as if they are, they can have fun at others expense and in reality it shows how dumb they are.
i bet you freakin jumped for joy when you heard this story.

you must win oscars for stupidity then....

if only you would do the rest and ever say anything smart to prove you weren't just going for the ice cream i might possibly believe you, but again, as always, the evidence remains elusive...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
Im afraid the jokes on you, life is such a restless journey with the after-life as a contrasting rest. An eternal instant of timelessness ... cheer up and forget about your misery :-)
Ugh huh...but truthfully, I gotten better advice from a fortune cookie.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, all the evidence clearly suggests there should be other life out there.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
Biologically speaking, the human body is nothing but an elaborate vessel optimized for the growth and spread of our microbial inhabitants several hundred microbial species numbering in the hundreds of trillions that call our body home! It turns out that we are only 10 percent human: for every human cell that is intrinsic to our body, there are about 10 resident microbes yuck! Clearly, bacteria are beneficial and essential to our little lives.
Sorry dude I'm 100% human and feel so sorry 4 u 10% human puss bags .
No worry though , my Katana can remove your 90% rotten crap in a hurry.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your best argument for evidence against God is a book written by people that would be considered uneducated compared to the knowledge we have now. Just the word of people, who aren't perfect and make mistakes, cannot be considered evidence for or against anything in science.
Actually, the bible is only evidence against that particular god, which the bible proves cannot be true.

the evidence against the other man-made gods is in those god myths and legends.

as to date, not one teensy shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses anywhere. yes, we only know of a speck of the universe, but wouldn't a real god be in all of the universe?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,821 - 93,840 of105,880
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

278 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 2 min Princess Hey 5,101
Woman finds bedbug-ridden old mattress inside n... 2 min Kathleen48 74
Funny!! Word association game. 2 min Pitching A Tent 462
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! 2 min just_ola 809
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min Krypteia 33,414
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 6 min Entrails Everywhere 27,669
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min CJ Rocker 131,421
clark county nevada rancher facing tyranny from... 12 min Harrison Freebird 142
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 19 min ghostmoney 11,603
Missing Boy Found Safe ... in Toy Claw Machine 37 min Pig 16
•••
•••
•••
•••