Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164168 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99273 Sep 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you posts reflect adult posts!
Like this one for example;
so absolutely nothing from you to counter the fact that i just proved another one of your ignorant posts to be void of any factual information at all? just childish taunts?
so sad for you...
silence would have made you look like afar less the fool.
That is something a kid still popping pimple would post. LOL
just a clear statement of the facts from you post.

you could also try to refute those facts, or you could just run away as always and post shit a third grader would think is puerile..

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#99274 Sep 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just a clear statement of the facts from you post.
you could also try to refute those facts, or you could just run away as always and post shit a third grader would think is puerile..
All you have to do is read the link. I shows when it began to rise in the 19th and 20th century. But I know you never read links because you think you know it all. LOL

St. Croix valley

#99275 Sep 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is read the link. I shows when it began to rise in the 19th and 20th century. But I know you never read links because you think you know it all. LOL
why is it you have nothign to say about the basis for your rant being incorrect that Darwin created this evolutionary theory, when it is the observable facts that created it and it was noticed simultaneously by several people?

why do you constantly run away from the clear and proven facts?

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#99276 Sep 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why is it you have nothign to say about the basis for your rant being incorrect that Darwin created this evolutionary theory, when it is the observable facts that created it and it was noticed simultaneously by several people?
why do you constantly run away from the clear and proven facts?
Who is credited for the evolution theory? Oh yes that would be Darwin. You start with the one that has credit for it. Good night and good riddance little tick.

St. Croix valley

#99277 Sep 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is credited for the evolution theory? Oh yes that would be Darwin. You start with the one that has credit for it. Good night and good riddance little tick.
yes, run away once again from the facts.
before you try to make a rational , factual post again. research the other scientists who came up with the same idea s Darwin through independent research at the same time as he did...
oh yes, here is a little hint to help you make yourself look a little less like the fool you are...no-one credits Darwin with the theory of Evolution....No-one.
you should try to learn at least the very basics about a theory before you try to debunk it...lest you look like the fool you have made yourself out to be again...
what a tool!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#99278 Sep 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, run away once again from the facts.
before you try to make a rational , factual post again. research the other scientists who came up with the same idea s Darwin through independent research at the same time as he did...
oh yes, here is a little hint to help you make yourself look a little less like the fool you are...no-one credits Darwin with the theory of Evolution....No-one.
you should try to learn at least the very basics about a theory before you try to debunk it...lest you look like the fool you have made yourself out to be again...
what a tool!
You are acting like you have on your big boy pants, yes?

So are you going to just keep claiming there are facts for your false assumptions but never get up the B@lls to present one...

It's ok, common you can do it...

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#99279 Sep 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, run away once again from the facts.
what a tool!
LOL you just show how ignorant you are.

No one!! Think again!

http://www.bing.com/search...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

I could post thousands more but two is enough.

Now you have shown that you are to stupid to even reply to. So adiós ticiós. lol

St. Croix valley

#99280 Sep 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No one!! Think again!
Now you have shown that you are to stupid to even reply to. So adiós ticiós. lol
no-one credible...

why is it you cannot explain your links in your own words/ if you and not explain to others what you read, you do not understand it yourself. notice i never use just links, just verifiable facts...

this is far beyond your level. just letting you know what people in the real world do...in case you ever want to converse with them on their level...

St. Croix valley

#99281 Sep 5, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>You are acting like you have on your big boy pants, yes?
So are you going to just keep claiming there are facts for your false assumptions but never get up the B@lls to present one...
It's ok, common you can do it...
which fact would you like?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#99282 Sep 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No one!! Think again!
Nope, he was right. I can't remember the name but one reason that Darwin published when he did was that there were rumors of another scientist who was getting ready to publish his own theory. Now Darwin had been working on the problem longer, but in science the credit is usually given to the first to publish.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#99283 Sep 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, he was right. I can't remember the name but one reason that Darwin published when he did was that there were rumors of another scientist who was getting ready to publish his own theory. Now Darwin had been working on the problem longer, but in science the credit is usually given to the first to publish.
Point being. Who is given credit for the theory of evolution?

St. Croix valley

#99284 Sep 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
not rumors, SZ, an old friend of Darwin's who was researching in China and actually sent him his deductions/theory...now Darwin had his already written but shelved for a few years. this is what spurred Darwin to present his papers...

there was another researcher that came up with the same concept indepentely within a few years of these two...remember, at that day and age, if you were studying in the Congo , you finding would not be heard of for a year or so after you sent them out and you certainly would have no idea what the rest of the scientific community was doing...

funny how the observable facts led all these people to the same conclusion...kind of like it was true!

St. Croix valley

#99285 Sep 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
the scientific community. Darwin did not create this theory. he didn't even us the word evolution but once in the very end of his book.

no one person creates a scientific theory. again, if you only knew what you were talking about...

how many times is it now i have pointed out with clear and verifiable facts you have not the slightest clue as to what you are talking about? do you sense a trend?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#99286 Sep 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin of course. But the facts are that even without Darwin we would have the same theory of evolution today. woodtick is right.

Darwin was the first to see it. If he did not exist it would have been seen at almost the same time. A lot of science is like that. Calculus is attributed to Newton but Leibnitz invented it on his own at the same time. It is still debated by some today who should get the credit.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#99287 Sep 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin of course. But the facts are that even without Darwin we would have the same theory of evolution today. woodtick is right.
Darwin was the first to see it. If he did not exist it would have been seen at almost the same time. A lot of science is like that. Calculus is attributed to Newton but Leibnitz invented it on his own at the same time. It is still debated by some today who should get the credit.
It started with littletick saying;
"no-one credits Darwin with the theory of Evolution....No-one."

Like I said Darwin is the one credited to TOE

So if you give credit to Darwin, then like me you are no one!

St. Croix valley

#99288 Sep 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
well, Darwin and his contemporaries gave us the basis to work from. the theory of evolution was built by many,many people over time.

St. Croix valley

#99289 Sep 5, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It started with littletick saying;
"no-one credits Darwin with the theory of Evolution....No-one."
Like I said Darwin is the one credited to TOE
So if you give credit to Darwin, then like me you are no one!
incorrect...again...

you have absolutely no idea what a scientific theory is , let alone how it is made.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#99290 Sep 5, 2013
“He was writing up his theory in 1858 when Alfred Russel Wallace sent him an essay which described the same idea, prompting immediate joint publication ofboth of their theories.[13] Darwin's work established evolutionary descent with modification as the dominant scientific explanation of diversification in nature.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin

St. Croix valley

#99291 Sep 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
“He was writing up his theory in 1858 when Alfred Russel Wallace sent him an essay which described the same idea, prompting immediate joint publication ofboth of their theories.[13] Darwin's work established evolutionary descent with modification as the dominant scientific explanation of diversification in nature.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin
yes, he sent it to Darwin to use hiw connections in the scientific community to get it published...instead, darwin finished off his as yet incomplete work and submitted that.

not a real stand up guy, that Darwin...but then he started out a a theology student, so he had very piss-poor moral guidance...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#99292 Sep 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, he sent it to Darwin to use hiw connections in the scientific community to get it published...instead, darwin finished off his as yet incomplete work and submitted that.
While Wallace was still overseas when Darwin's paper was presented to the academy he had both his work and Wallace's letter read.
not a real stand up guy, that Darwin...but then he started out a a theology student, so he had very piss-poor moral guidance...
Boy, I sure agree with you there. There have been soooo many fake-ass ministers, pastors, and priests come down the pike I wouldn't trust any of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 3 min Lumatrix 14,251
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 5 min Krypteia 29,132
Things that make life eaiser... 7 min Roxie Darling 611
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 8 min dragoon70056 4,556
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 8 min Lumatrix 5,749
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 32 min Doug77 5,472
News This Is The Best Wrong Answer In The History Of... 35 min Suezanne 3
News Woman Snapping Selfie Shoots Self in Head 1 hr wichita-rick 15
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 162,920
News 2 Dead, Several Hurt In Shooting At Wal-Mart In... 3 hr Go Blue Forever 50