Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#99203 Sep 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I went looking for it since Tater is not too likely to post any.

All I could find is some very poor apologetics bringing up some of the worst failures of the Bible. One brought up the Tyre prophesy of all things to bring up, the worst failed prophesy in the whole Bible. Another mentioned the verse that describes the Earth as a flat circle and said it meant the Earth was a sphere, and without any evidence to back up that claim. Another said there were no contradictions in the Bible when I have a website that lists over 400.

So Tater, if you have any evidence it better be amazing.
It's time sub par. You remember don't you. You claim that time could not pop into existence, to do so would require time. a bit of a paradox for you. But we know how time was created. And we have proof that time does in fact exist.
Level 1

Location hidden

#99204 Sep 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Tater? who is tater? the Tzar/langoliers/can't even be bothered to recall his other monikers guy? shouldn't he be tater-tot?

have you read the book Zealot, by Reza Aslan? sounds really interesting, our local public radio station did an interview with him today and it sounds like a very informative read.
Idiot. KJV was my old handle.
Level 1

Location hidden

#99205 Sep 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Since "The Almighty Tzar" has not shown himself to be any brighter than Mr. Potatohead I thought Tater was an apt moniker for him.
Write that down----- could be the fist time for that. " I thought"

We of course would need to see some sign of brain activity in order to believe this claim.

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#99206 Sep 4, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
What about science?
Where did time come from?
Just a guess but I would say in a simple definition that science came from curiosity, exploration/experimenting, study and understanding of ones surroundings, trial, error and knowledge learned from all the above.
Level 1

Location hidden

#99207 Sep 4, 2013
SBT wrote:
Dark Matter Lost. "Of late Astronomers mapped the motions of hundreds of stars in the Milky Way in order to deduce the amount of dark matter that must be tugging on them from the vicinity of our sun. Their surprising conclusion? There's no dark matter around here".
As the researchers write in a forthcoming paper in the Astrophysical Journal, the stellar motion implies that the stars, all within 13,000 light-years of Earth, are gravitationally attracted by the visible material in our solar system — the sun, planets and surrounding gas and dust — and not by any unseen matter.
"Our calculations show that [dark matter] should have shown up very clearly in our measurements. But it was just not there!"
"One possibility is that dark matter is not the correct explanation for stellar and galactic motions. Perhaps the current understanding of the laws of physics is slightly off".
Just slightly! Doesn’t this illustrate that many secularists are willing to believe in something that cannot be seen, heard, touched, or detected in any way by the most elaborate equipment, yet they 'believe' in dark matter because they need it to explain their concept of the universe. Even on the eve of the CERN accelerator no-find of DM, such a faith supports their absolute; that of understanding all nature without God. And yet many of those same secularists would reject a belief in God on the basis that He cannot be directly observed!

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/07/...

http://www.space.com/15345-dark-matter-altern...

So here we go on another ride, theorists get an idea and publish it long enough it moves out of the category of "hypothesis" to "theory" then into the heads of a believing public, with no scientific basis at all. So now, when the physical evidence comes up missing their faith carries them into more hopeful delusions,(and more grants), now that they got a believing public to swallow the bait. But heck, it's hard work trying to keep a young universe from flying apart.
Very good article
Thanks for sharing

Level 5

#99208 Sep 4, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
What about science?
Ignore my last post. I misread yours. Been a long day.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#99209 Sep 4, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time sub par. You remember don't you. You claim that time could not pop into existence, to do so would require time. a bit of a paradox for you. But we know how time was created. And we have proof that time does in fact exist.
No idiot, no paradox for me. The answer is that we can see only so back in the universe. We really do not know what happened before that time, right now. That may change in the future, and I see that you revealed your prior name. What happened, were you booted for being a fool from this site?

You do not know how time was created. You want to use magic, I am not that desperate yet.
Gm man

Chicago, IL

#99210 Sep 4, 2013
SBT wrote:
Dark Matter Lost. "Of late Astronomers mapped the motions of hundreds of stars in the Milky Way in order to deduce the amount of dark matter that must be tugging on them from the vicinity of our sun. Their surprising conclusion? There's no dark matter around here".
As the researchers write in a forthcoming paper in the Astrophysical Journal, the stellar motion implies that the stars, all within 13,000 light-years of Earth, are gravitationally attracted by the visible material in our solar system the sun, planets and surrounding gas and dust and not by any unseen matter.
"Our calculations show that [dark matter] should have shown up very clearly in our measurements. But it was just not there!"
"One possibility is that dark matter is not the correct explanation for stellar and galactic motions. Perhaps the current understanding of the laws of physics is slightly off".
Just slightly! Doesnt this illustrate that many secularists are willing to believe in something that cannot be seen, heard, touched, or detected in any way by the most elaborate equipment, yet they 'believe' in dark matter because they need it to explain their concept of the universe. Even on the eve of the CERN accelerator no-find of DM, such a faith supports their absolute; that of understanding all nature without God. And yet many of those same secularists would reject a belief in God on the basis that He cannot be directly observed!
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/07/...
http://www.space.com/15345-dark-matter-altern...
So here we go on another ride, theorists get an idea and publish it long enough it moves out of the category of "hypothesis" to "theory" then into the heads of a believing public, with no scientific basis at all. So now, when the physical evidence comes up missing their faith carries them into more hopeful delusions,(and more grants), now that they got a believing public to swallow the bait. But heck, it's hard work trying to keep a young universe from flying apart.
The belief in a higher being start in the womb. The baby wonders who or what is out there.......After birth it is helpless, its a product of its environment. During childhood it has invisible friends. Its than brainwashed into believing that a higher power created everything and is watching over them..........Religion is nothing more than the brain wanting to believe someone or something is playing with or watching over them. Look around, the primitive human animal will believe anything its told. Let us know when a human that lived 200 years or 20 years ago comes back from the dead.......maybe than it will be plausible.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#99211 Sep 4, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
What about science?
Where did time come from?? There are lots of things we don't know yet, but the list is getting smaller, not larger.

Less and less little holes for you to try and push God into.

Science will get along just fine while you study 'about' the Bible. Every one who argues from your side should know this stuff.

Just because we don't know something now doesn't mean we never will. 111 years ago we didn't know how to fly....66 years later we were on the moon, and our scientific knowledge about hundreds od subjects increased dramatically
Level 1

Location hidden

#99212 Sep 4, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Just a guess but I would say in a simple definition that science came from curiosity, exploration/experimenting, study and understanding of ones surroundings, trial, error and knowledge learned from all the above.
It's not where did science come from it where did Time come from?

Science can't explain it but it does exist.

Nothing can exist with out time.
Nothing can happen with out time.
Nothing can change with out time

Time cannot come into existence with out time. It could not have happened using the laws of physics and science knows it.
Level 1

Location hidden

#99213 Sep 4, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Ignore my last post. I misread yours. Been a long day.
Ok
Level 1

Location hidden

#99215 Sep 4, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Where did time come from?? There are lots of things we don't know yet, but the list is getting smaller, not larger.

Less and less little holes for you to try and push God into.

Science will get along just fine while you study 'about' the Bible. Every one who argues from your side should know this stuff.

Just because we don't know something now doesn't mean we never will. 111 years ago we didn't know how to fly....66 years later we were on the moon, and our scientific knowledge about hundreds od subjects increased dramatically
Not knowing is a cop out. You know it is impossible for it to exist.

Oh and we are not talking about the good old days of science when science stuck to the rules unlike today's and it's wild ass guesses.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#99216 Sep 4, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not where did science come from it where did Time come from?
Science can't explain it but it does exist.
Nothing can exist with out time.
Nothing can happen with out time.
Nothing can change with out time
Time cannot come into existence with out time. It could not have happened using the laws of physics and science knows it.
MAN invented TIME..for Fairy Tale opening lines.. Spiritual Beings...EXIST....

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#99217 Sep 4, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Not knowing is a cop out. You know it is impossible for it to exist.
Oh and we are not talking about the good old days of science when science stuck to the rules unlike today's and it's wild ass guesses.
"You know it is impossible for it to exist." I know nothing of the sort.

"unlike today's and it's wild ass guesses." Why do you say this?

Level 5

#99218 Sep 4, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"You know it is impossible for it to exist." I know nothing of the sort.
"unlike today's and it's wild ass guesses." Why do you say this?
Darwin brought about the theory of evolution in the mid 19th century. Since then atheism has been on the rise greater than any other time in history and still is. Atheists push for evolution. Many scientists are atheist. Coincidence? Maybe!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#Early_mo...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99219 Sep 4, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> MAN invented TIME..for Fairy Tale opening lines.. Spiritual Beings...EXIST....
in fact, there is not one shred of evidence for any spirit or any soul at all. just more myths to control people by.

no spiritual beings...sorry.
thewordofme

Tucson, AZ

#99220 Sep 4, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> MAN invented TIME..for Fairy Tale opening lines.. Spiritual Beings...EXIST....
Nope, spiritual beings do not exist.

Neither do angels, Satan, ghosts, demons, monsters under your bed, or ANY kind of magik or supernatural stuff.

People who believe that stuff are crazy.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#99221 Sep 4, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Nope, spiritual beings do not exist.

Neither do angels, Satan, ghosts, demons, monsters under your bed, or ANY kind of magik or supernatural stuff.

People who believe that stuff are crazy.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#99222 Sep 4, 2013
I hate it when that happens

Sorry admin.

Top one is wrong

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#99223 Sep 4, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin brought about the theory of evolution in the mid 19th century. Since then atheism has been on the rise greater than any other time in history and still is. Atheists push for evolution. Many scientists are atheist. Coincidence? Maybe!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#Early_mo...
Yes I suppose atheism would grow as the world learns more and more science. We find that science and naturalism can explain most of what used to be the Bibles territory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 5 min Doug77 30,070
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 6 min andet1987 55,320
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 8 min Bree_Z 24,847
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 10 min andet1987 6,906
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 12 min Bree_Z 2,190
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 13 min andet1987 11,645
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 21 min andet1987 321
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 23 min Doug77 4,045
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 24 min Crazy Beautiful 152,776
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 49 min Word by Word 25,842
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 52 min Chilli J 3,014
More from around the web