Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
spOko

Oakland, CA

#99183 Sep 3, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What drives your brain to have to believe in something to the exclusion of all things rational?
Some prefer to read the entrails of a chicken instead ...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#99184 Sep 3, 2013
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
It is to many millions ...
And they are victims of the greatest scam ever pulled off on earth, hell, maybe in the whole universe.

:-)
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#99185 Sep 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Is there any proof the bible is the word of god or any god.
Yes
Level 1

Location hidden

#99186 Sep 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>To the best of my knowledge there is no proof at all that the Bible or religion is true. No proof whatsoever.
Not too knowledgeable are you then?

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#99187 Sep 3, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too knowledgeable are you then?
I get along OK my friend.

Try learning 'about' the Bible instead of what's 'in' the Bible.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#99188 Sep 3, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
What proof would that be Tzar??

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99189 Sep 3, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
please state this proof...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#99190 Sep 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>please state this proof...
I went looking for it since Tater is not too likely to post any.

All I could find is some very poor apologetics bringing up some of the worst failures of the Bible. One brought up the Tyre prophesy of all things to bring up, the worst failed prophesy in the whole Bible. Another mentioned the verse that describes the Earth as a flat circle and said it meant the Earth was a sphere, and without any evidence to back up that claim. Another said there were no contradictions in the Bible when I have a website that lists over 400.

So Tater, if you have any evidence it better be amazing.

St. Croix valley

#99191 Sep 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I went looking for it since Tater is not too likely to post any.
All I could find is some very poor apologetics bringing up some of the worst failures of the Bible. One brought up the Tyre prophesy of all things to bring up, the worst failed prophesy in the whole Bible. Another mentioned the verse that describes the Earth as a flat circle and said it meant the Earth was a sphere, and without any evidence to back up that claim. Another said there were no contradictions in the Bible when I have a website that lists over 400.
So Tater, if you have any evidence it better be amazing.
Tater? who is tater? the Tzar/langoliers/can't even be bothered to recall his other monikers guy? shouldn't he be tater-tot?

have you read the book Zealot, by Reza Aslan? sounds really interesting, our local public radio station did an interview with him today and it sounds like a very informative read.

St. Croix valley

#99192 Sep 3, 2013
oh yeah...MPR...you're a Minneeesohtahhhn...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#99193 Sep 3, 2013
Since "The Almighty Tzar" has not shown himself to be any brighter than Mr. Potatohead I thought Tater was an apt moniker for him.

St. Croix valley

#99194 Sep 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Since "The Almighty Tzar" has not shown himself to be any brighter than Mr. Potatohead I thought Tater was an apt moniker for him.
i still like tater-tot. I'm not sure he has enough starch in his head to be a full tater...

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#99195 Sep 3, 2013
Biggest scam on earth.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#99196 Sep 4, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
Show it then...

OH THIS SHOULD BE FUNNY....AND A LIE.

SBT
Level 2

United States

#99197 Sep 4, 2013
Dark Matter Lost. "Of late Astronomers mapped the motions of hundreds of stars in the Milky Way in order to deduce the amount of dark matter that must be tugging on them from the vicinity of our sun. Their surprising conclusion? There's no dark matter around here".
As the researchers write in a forthcoming paper in the Astrophysical Journal, the stellar motion implies that the stars, all within 13,000 light-years of Earth, are gravitationally attracted by the visible material in our solar system — the sun, planets and surrounding gas and dust — and not by any unseen matter.
"Our calculations show that [dark matter] should have shown up very clearly in our measurements. But it was just not there!"
"One possibility is that dark matter is not the correct explanation for stellar and galactic motions. Perhaps the current understanding of the laws of physics is slightly off".
Just slightly! Doesn’t this illustrate that many secularists are willing to believe in something that cannot be seen, heard, touched, or detected in any way by the most elaborate equipment, yet they 'believe' in dark matter because they need it to explain their concept of the universe. Even on the eve of the CERN accelerator no-find of DM, such a faith supports their absolute; that of understanding all nature without God. And yet many of those same secularists would reject a belief in God on the basis that He cannot be directly observed!

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/07/...

http://www.space.com/15345-dark-matter-altern...

So here we go on another ride, theorists get an idea and publish it long enough it moves out of the category of "hypothesis" to "theory" then into the heads of a believing public, with no scientific basis at all. So now, when the physical evidence comes up missing their faith carries them into more hopeful delusions,(and more grants), now that they got a believing public to swallow the bait. But heck, it's hard work trying to keep a young universe from flying apart.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99198 Sep 4, 2013
SBT wrote:
And yet many of those same secularists would reject a belief in God on the basis that He cannot be directly observed!
So you admit your god cannot be observed and that your alternative is not scientific and that evidence is not even relevant to your position?

Which would uh, make your entire post irrelevant.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#99199 Sep 4, 2013
freddy wrote:
Titties are fun!
Let's see the evidence.
Level 1

Location hidden

#99200 Sep 4, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Where was your mention of time in this nonsense?

The Almighty Tzar wrote, "<quoted text>
Yes I do believe they are all MYTHS.
You believe they are fact.
Your 3 BIG Myths:
1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.
2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.
3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.
And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.
"SNAP""

Or are you just trying to change the subject to avoid addressing your obvious mistakes?
No mistake Mikey.
Time is proof of God.
Level 1

Location hidden

#99201 Sep 4, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>I get along OK my friend.

Try learning 'about' the Bible instead of what's 'in' the Bible.
What about science?

Where did time come from?
Level 1

Location hidden

#99202 Sep 4, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>What proof would that be Tzar??
Time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 7 min andet1987 2,964
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 13 min andet1987 30,006
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min UnderstandPeople 25,749
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 16 min andet1987 261
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 19 min andet1987 240
Old TV shows – what's your favorite? 19 min Many many shows - 15
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 23 min andet1987 2,887
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 29 min Mega Monster 7,614
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 46 min Will Dockery 24,120
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 152,542
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 5 hr X Crypsis X 336
More from around the web