Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99077 Aug 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that!
it took rocket scientist to prove it true...in fact, it took one to come up with the idea!

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

#99078 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>time is built into the fabric of the universe...
What is time? Is time the past, present and future?

St. Croix valley

#99079 Aug 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What is time? Is time the past, present and future?
yes.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

#99080 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes.
Time in reality can't be the future because the universe may implode tomorrow and time will stop. But do tell me how we measure future time.

St. Croix valley

#99081 Aug 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Time in reality can't be the future because the universe may implode tomorrow and time will stop. But do tell me how we measure future time.
it was silly answer to a silly question...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

#99082 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it was silly answer to a silly question...
I figured you would have no answer for you never have an answer of any importance. So I will give you an answer;

Time is a real however it has many facets and it may not be possible to nail down our perception of time to one phenomenon. We feel the flow of time from the unknown future to the fleeting moments of the present and in the memories of the past. The flow of time persists in stories and recorded historical events suggesting that past is just a recorded memory. The present which gives us the real feel of time cannot be measured while the past has measurable durations comparable to recorded and unrecorded events again suggesting the connection of time to memory and that the feeling of the passage of time is an illusion. The future canít be measured in time for you canít measure what has not happened.

Measurement of time seems to involve comparing a known motion with an unknown motion. The feeling of flow of time possibly emerges as our mind tries to make sense of the world filled with motion and change. Time is most likely is a concept created by our mind by merging consciousness, memories, anticipation, perception, change and motion. There however is a real underlying process and there is a cause for this process the exposition of which will bring us to a better understanding of the phenomenon of time.

St. Croix valley

#99083 Aug 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured you would have no answer for you never have an answer of any importance. So I will give you an answer;
Time is a real however it has many facets and it may not be possible to nail down our perception of time to one phenomenon. We feel the flow of time from the unknown future to the fleeting moments of the present and in the memories of the past. The flow of time persists in stories and recorded historical events suggesting that past is just a recorded memory. The present which gives us the real feel of time cannot be measured while the past has measurable durations comparable to recorded and unrecorded events again suggesting the connection of time to memory and that the feeling of the passage of time is an illusion. The future canít be measured in time for you canít measure what has not happened.
Measurement of time seems to involve comparing a known motion with an unknown motion. The feeling of flow of time possibly emerges as our mind tries to make sense of the world filled with motion and change. Time is most likely is a concept created by our mind by merging consciousness, memories, anticipation, perception, change and motion. There however is a real underlying process and there is a cause for this process the exposition of which will bring us to a better understanding of the phenomenon of time.
again, one generally gives credit when stealing other people's words...

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#99084 Aug 31, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude since you like to talk so much and supposedly know so much. The universe is 13.7 billion years old, the earth 4.7 billion years old. What was there and going on for the 9 billion years before earth was formed?
Of relevance to us?

First generation stars.

The original stars and material of the universe was almost entirely hydrogen and helium with a touch of lithium. The lightest elements.

Heavier elements only formed in the death throes of large gen 1 stars, which then exploded (nova, supernova) and ejected masses of heavier elements. You can look that up for more details. Its a question of the conditions required for heavier element fusion to occur and it only happens in the extreme conditions when massive stars are collapsing as their hydrogen runs out. As they collapse a new round of heavy fusion occurs at even higher temps and pressures and that causes the nova explosion.

Our solar system formed from such a result. Which is why the heavier elements needed for life abound.

Took billions of years of stellar life cycles to even get to a point where biological life as we know it could begin.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#99085 Aug 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you get sick of saying the same BS? lol
How many children's Bible story activity books do you think have been printed? You want to talk about "get(ting) sick of"? Cartoons of pandas, kangaroos and raccoons grinning from the deck of the ark...

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#99087 Aug 31, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
Who created the Law of Gravity?
God created it.

Man wrote it down.

Level 1

Location hidden

#99088 Aug 31, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Stupidity is not an effective counter.
I like the butcher block counters myself.

Level 1

Location hidden

#99089 Aug 31, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>You're the only one spouting this crap. The rest of us know it's nonsense. But then, that's what you're good at.
Ok if it is truly not what you believe explain how time started....

Level 1

Location hidden

#99090 Aug 31, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>Better question - how did Jim Croce manage to save some in a bottle?
Hmmmm......

Didn't see that coming....

I'll have to get back to you on that one.

St. Croix valley

#99091 Aug 31, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
God created it.
Man wrote it down.
yet there is not one teensy shred of evidence to suggest any god, gods or goddesses ever existed, so why would you make such a silly statement?

basically, you are saying a myth like the Easter Bunny created time...

St. Croix valley

#99092 Aug 31, 2013
oops, gravity, not time...

Level 1

Location hidden

#99093 Aug 31, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You could possibly be the dumbest person on the planet. The funniest thing is, that you're so damn proud of it.
I am proud of my IQ!

So if you forget to wind your watch does time stop?

Level 1

Location hidden

#99094 Aug 31, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>... magic lizards talked.

And donkeys.
Mike duds are great!

Level 1

Location hidden

#99095 Aug 31, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been doing that for years.(shrug)
What's that? Counting flowers on the wall? Playing solitary with 51 cards?

St. Croix valley

#99096 Aug 31, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I am proud of my IQ!
So if you forget to wind your watch does time stop?
and you should be, dear...it is not your fault you cannot think logically. two digits is just fine for anyone of your ilk...

you even have your cult to do your thinking for you!

Level 1

Location hidden

#99097 Aug 31, 2013
Does anyone else hear that strange little buzzing sound coming out of that wood tick? Weird.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 5 min ms_Sweeter 3,577
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 6 min Petal Power 6,956
What Could Be Mixed,...? 6 min Times are a Changing 19
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Princess Hey 146,686
What Could Be Blown,...? 8 min SLY WEST 168
Man 'Cooked' Ex-Girlfriend's Dog And Fed It To Her 10 min Brilliant 6
What's your tip for the day? 11 min SLY WEST 1,028
WEIRD! Women Cyclists Model In Romantic Kits 37 min Rev Don Wildmoan 2
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 51 min ---Word Woman--- 20,009
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 51 min reebie 5,426