Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#99059 Aug 30, 2013
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a problem with your theory, time existed before humans started counting :-)
Nope, humans started counting in retroactive in light of the hubble constant and WMAP readings by extrapolation of the motion of the universe and looking into the past by observation of the very distant sky. To quote NASA and the top 1% percentile rank of achieving minds.

The WMAP science team has…

... has put the "precision" in "precision cosmology" by reducing the allowed volume of cosmological parameters by a factor in excess of 68,000. The three most highly cited physics and astronomy papers published in the new millennium are WMAP scientific papers--- reflecting WMAP's enormous impact.

…mapped the pattern of tiny fluctuations in the Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) radiation (the oldest light in the universe) and produced the first fine-resolution (0.2 degree) full-sky map of the microwave sky.

…determined the universe to be 13.77 billion years old to within a half percent.

…nailed down the curvature of space to within 0.4% of "flat" Euclidean.

…determined that ordinary atoms (also called baryons) make up only 4.6% of the universe.

…completed a census of the universe and finds that dark matter (matter not made up of atoms) is 24.0%
…determined that dark energy, in the form of a cosmological constant, makes up 71.4% of the universe, causing the expansion rate of the universe to speed up.- "Lingering doubts about the existence of dark energy and the composition of the universe dissolved when the WMAP satellite took the most detailed picture ever of the cosmic microwave background (CMB)." - Science Magazine 2003, "Breakthrough of the Year" article
… mapped the polarization of the microwave radiation over the full sky and discovered that the universe was reionized earlier than previously believed.- "WMAP scores on large-scale structure. By measuring the polarization in the CMB it is possible to look at the amplitude of the fluctuations of density in the universe that produced the first galaxies. That is a real breakthrough in our understanding of the origin of structure." - ScienceWatch: "What's Hot in Physics", Simon Mitton, Mar./Apr. 2008.

…detected that the amplitude of the variations in the density of the universe on big scales is slightly larger than smaller scales. This, along with other results, supports "inflation", the idea is that the universe underwent a dramatic period of expansion, growing by more than a trillion trillion fold in less than a trillionth of a trillionth of a second. Tiny fluctuations were generated during this expansion that eventually grew to form galaxies.

… determined that the distribution of these fluctuations follows a bell curve with the same properties across the sky, and that there are equal numbers of hot and cold spots in the map. The simplest version of the inflation idea predicted these properties and remarkably, WMAP’s precision measurement of the properties of the fluctuations has confirmed these predictions, in detail.

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/

I suppose you think you above JPL and the boys at Cal Tec, but what you really are ...is lacking the ability to understand it anyway.

Level 8

Location hidden

#99060 Aug 30, 2013
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a problem with your theory, time existed before humans started counting :-)
Determined the universe to be 13.77 billion years old to within a half percent.

If the tree fell in the woods with no one to notice , it hardly even mattered. Make no mistake no time existed with any meaning to anything but the man who understood how to count.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#99061 Aug 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Undeniably a truth you will have to reconcile, or deny. You can choose to deny but you will only be in error, something we have learned to narrow down to a minimum, ranging into billionths of a second over a thousand years.

http://www.nist.gov/pml/general/time/

Realize..The son is shining brightly in your face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =e9dikg4HtxYXX
So let me get this straight you're sticking to the time only exist if you measure it?

Wow you guys never stop to entertain.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#99062 Aug 30, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>More like stupidity born out of ignorance.

Typical from AM though.......
A-MYTH thinks his watch creates time.

Level 8

Location hidden

#99063 Aug 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
A-MYTH thinks his watch creates time.
You could possibly be the dumbest person on the planet. The funniest thing is, that you're so damn proud of it.
drink The hive

Anonymous Proxy

#99064 Aug 30, 2013
I Try 2 Be As Eccentric As I Possibly Can...

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99065 Aug 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:
In the beginning
... magic lizards talked.

And donkeys.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99066 Aug 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Dud finally posted something good.
And accurate.

Oh wait - I've been doing that for years.(shrug)

“The Grim Reaper Is Fictional ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

But We Will All Meet Him

#99067 Aug 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude since you like to talk so much and supposedly know so much. The universe is 13.7 billion years old, the earth 4.7 billion years old. What was there and going on for the 9 billion years before earth was formed?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99068 Aug 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude since you like to talk so much and supposedly know so much. The universe is 13.7 billion years old, the earth 4.7 billion years old. What was there and going on for the 9 billion years before earth was formed?
why wouldn't you already know this...seems like 2nd grade level stuff...
oh, are you going to get to this year in school?! how exciting!

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#99069 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why wouldn't you already know this...seems like 2nd grade level stuff...
oh, are you going to get to this year in school?! how exciting!
Instead of being an idiot,,,, answer it since you stepped up.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#99070 Aug 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Determined the universe to be 13.77 billion years old to within a half percent.
If the tree fell in the woods with no one to notice , it hardly even mattered. Make no mistake no time existed with any meaning to anything but the man who understood how to count.
We discovered time as another dimension of the universe

You are right it's human construct, but not time itself but what you associate with time

Level 5

above and beyond

#99071 Aug 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
... magic lizards talked.
And donkeys.
Don't you get sick of saying the same BS? lol

St. Croix valley

#99072 Aug 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of being an idiot,,,, answer it since you stepped up.
who's the idiot that doesn't know the answer?

star development, galaxy building, stars exploding making heavier elements so our Earth could form with the rich resources we have...you know, all that basic cosmological stuff most 2nd graders know about...

this is going to be an exciting year for you in class, re-lay!

St. Croix valley

#99073 Aug 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
We discovered time as another dimension of the universe
You are right it's human construct, but not time itself but what you associate with time
time is built into the fabric of the universe...

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#99074 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who's the idiot that doesn't know the answer?
star development, galaxy building, stars exploding making heavier elements so our Earth could form with the rich resources we have...you know, all that basic cosmological stuff most 2nd graders know about...
this is going to be an exciting year for you in class, re-lay!
So other words you have no clue. But I agree you answered like a second grader would. Just what I figured.

Level 5

above and beyond

#99075 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>time is built into the fabric of the universe...
I agree. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that!

St. Croix valley

#99076 Aug 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So other words you have no clue. But I agree you answered like a second grader would. Just what I figured.
in fact, many clues, and the facts i posted...

St. Croix valley

#99077 Aug 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that!
it took rocket scientist to prove it true...in fact, it took one to come up with the idea!

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#99078 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>time is built into the fabric of the universe...
What is time? Is time the past, present and future?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 6 min andet1987 30,284
how to forget a person u love but has hurt u? (Apr '11) 6 min Life after Love 286
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min eschew on this 25,419
Trish David James is Ferrermen 8 min Life after Love 6
True or False Game 9 min Princess Hey 1,241
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min Sublime1 152,342
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min Mega Monster 7,472
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 36 min Shaddup 37,714
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 3 hr chortle 68