Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171883 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

drink The hive

Anonymous Proxy

#99064 Aug 30, 2013
I Try 2 Be As Eccentric As I Possibly Can...

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99065 Aug 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:
In the beginning
... magic lizards talked.

And donkeys.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#99066 Aug 30, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Dud finally posted something good.
And accurate.

Oh wait - I've been doing that for years.(shrug)

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#99067 Aug 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude since you like to talk so much and supposedly know so much. The universe is 13.7 billion years old, the earth 4.7 billion years old. What was there and going on for the 9 billion years before earth was formed?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99068 Aug 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude since you like to talk so much and supposedly know so much. The universe is 13.7 billion years old, the earth 4.7 billion years old. What was there and going on for the 9 billion years before earth was formed?
why wouldn't you already know this...seems like 2nd grade level stuff...
oh, are you going to get to this year in school?! how exciting!

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#99069 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why wouldn't you already know this...seems like 2nd grade level stuff...
oh, are you going to get to this year in school?! how exciting!
Instead of being an idiot,,,, answer it since you stepped up.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#99070 Aug 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Determined the universe to be 13.77 billion years old to within a half percent.
If the tree fell in the woods with no one to notice , it hardly even mattered. Make no mistake no time existed with any meaning to anything but the man who understood how to count.
We discovered time as another dimension of the universe

You are right it's human construct, but not time itself but what you associate with time

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#99071 Aug 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
... magic lizards talked.
And donkeys.
Don't you get sick of saying the same BS? lol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99072 Aug 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of being an idiot,,,, answer it since you stepped up.
who's the idiot that doesn't know the answer?

star development, galaxy building, stars exploding making heavier elements so our Earth could form with the rich resources we have...you know, all that basic cosmological stuff most 2nd graders know about...

this is going to be an exciting year for you in class, re-lay!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99073 Aug 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
We discovered time as another dimension of the universe
You are right it's human construct, but not time itself but what you associate with time
time is built into the fabric of the universe...

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#99074 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who's the idiot that doesn't know the answer?
star development, galaxy building, stars exploding making heavier elements so our Earth could form with the rich resources we have...you know, all that basic cosmological stuff most 2nd graders know about...
this is going to be an exciting year for you in class, re-lay!
So other words you have no clue. But I agree you answered like a second grader would. Just what I figured.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#99075 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>time is built into the fabric of the universe...
I agree. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99076 Aug 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So other words you have no clue. But I agree you answered like a second grader would. Just what I figured.
in fact, many clues, and the facts i posted...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99077 Aug 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that!
it took rocket scientist to prove it true...in fact, it took one to come up with the idea!

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#99078 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>time is built into the fabric of the universe...
What is time? Is time the past, present and future?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99079 Aug 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What is time? Is time the past, present and future?
yes.

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#99080 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes.
Time in reality can't be the future because the universe may implode tomorrow and time will stop. But do tell me how we measure future time.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99081 Aug 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Time in reality can't be the future because the universe may implode tomorrow and time will stop. But do tell me how we measure future time.
it was silly answer to a silly question...

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#99082 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it was silly answer to a silly question...
I figured you would have no answer for you never have an answer of any importance. So I will give you an answer;

Time is a real however it has many facets and it may not be possible to nail down our perception of time to one phenomenon. We feel the flow of time from the unknown future to the fleeting moments of the present and in the memories of the past. The flow of time persists in stories and recorded historical events suggesting that past is just a recorded memory. The present which gives us the real feel of time cannot be measured while the past has measurable durations comparable to recorded and unrecorded events again suggesting the connection of time to memory and that the feeling of the passage of time is an illusion. The future canít be measured in time for you canít measure what has not happened.

Measurement of time seems to involve comparing a known motion with an unknown motion. The feeling of flow of time possibly emerges as our mind tries to make sense of the world filled with motion and change. Time is most likely is a concept created by our mind by merging consciousness, memories, anticipation, perception, change and motion. There however is a real underlying process and there is a cause for this process the exposition of which will bring us to a better understanding of the phenomenon of time.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#99083 Aug 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured you would have no answer for you never have an answer of any importance. So I will give you an answer;
Time is a real however it has many facets and it may not be possible to nail down our perception of time to one phenomenon. We feel the flow of time from the unknown future to the fleeting moments of the present and in the memories of the past. The flow of time persists in stories and recorded historical events suggesting that past is just a recorded memory. The present which gives us the real feel of time cannot be measured while the past has measurable durations comparable to recorded and unrecorded events again suggesting the connection of time to memory and that the feeling of the passage of time is an illusion. The future canít be measured in time for you canít measure what has not happened.
Measurement of time seems to involve comparing a known motion with an unknown motion. The feeling of flow of time possibly emerges as our mind tries to make sense of the world filled with motion and change. Time is most likely is a concept created by our mind by merging consciousness, memories, anticipation, perception, change and motion. There however is a real underlying process and there is a cause for this process the exposition of which will bring us to a better understanding of the phenomenon of time.
again, one generally gives credit when stealing other people's words...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min Suezanne 167,187
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 1 min CJ Rocker 16,043
What are "YOU" thankful for? (Nov '08) 1 min grace-fallen 28
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 1 min Grace Nerissa 9,328
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 min b_rad_ 29,521
Word Association (Jun '10) 1 min Mega Monster 28,457
Answer a question with a question 1 min Grace Nerissa 450
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 min Jennifer Renee 12,716
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 37 min TALLYHO 8541 42,108
More from around the web