Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
93,521 - 93,540 of 112,945 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, yes it is.
<quoted text>
Wrong again lunch box, I made no claim. Oooops, there goes your straw man.
<quoted text>
Think that will work in traffic court?
I'll give you this, you are a simple one.

I'll give you a hint, you're a dipshit coward that refuses to admit what you believe.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you a hint, you're a dipshit coward that refuses to admit what you believe.
Slow your roll buttercup, I believe what I believe and have the ability to make a rational argument for my position.

It is you that refuses to provide a position, you have nothing and that pisses you off, we know it.

Go back to the porch and play with the puppies...lunch meat.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Seek Truth wrote:
*static*
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Show evidence they can't.
Every post.

Made by everyone ever.

Including you.

There may or may not be a God. But there is currently no way to tell due to the concept being non-falsifiable and therefore non-scientific.

In short, there is presently no way to distinguish it from BS.

Sorry if you don't like it.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to show evidence or give answers on many questions. I already answered that once. Not my problem you our to much of a tard to go back and find it. If you want the answer again you have to earn it by showing evidence and answering the many questions you have dodged.
Speaking of which, what's the "creation science" definition of "kind"?

Yup, just pretend you never got spanked, repro.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Tinka wrote:
malar hey?
I despise enemies if I had them I would despise them that is...
What an Enemy to one's own state of mind could be?
Not to let it become so...malerei und Tusche farben to one's eye some still have not for got something too...
Oh well if you were painted ai I mean if you were to paint something you could use your fingers and toes too...
MAn lucjy uhhh maybe I am a bit sleepy seems my spelling is getting off...
Tinka's Back!!!! Hi Tinka!!!

I see it's mushroom season again. Happy Random Typing!

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Seek Truth wrote:
White powder per dream
rail Road Underground steel metal white powder everywhere
Clean and vacuum companies
Earthquake and God EUREKA
14fTd8 12-318DF??????

Wow. I guess it really IS mushroom season.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be the expert on time and space. Your biggest thing is singularity! Maybe time and space already existed long before the big bang but got compressed smaller (like going from one end of the hour glass to the other. The smallness it has to cross to become into largeness again) and time was still there, just slowed. Maybe the big bang was space re-expanding again. Then there would be no singularity now would there? If you think it is not a possibility, show evidence.
There are a lot of maybe's Replay, there is no solid proof. Just look at string theory -maybe there are multiple universes - infinite universes. I'm not qualified to argue the possibilites, nor would I even attempt to do so. I CAN argue with the 6000-year-old-Earth theory, which is the creation argument that people keep avoiding, and try to spin it back to "Prove the BBT". I would not ask someone to prove that God exisits - it can't be done. But I invite you to prove some of the Biblical fables. That would be a good start.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not unless you have a tail, I don't have a tail, but it would be pretty cool to have one.
I think it would be awsome having a tail. Especially one that could hold a beer mug - we'd be complete.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Then show the facts that the scientific theory has and the facts that they are based off of. That should be simple for you to do!
First fact - red shift. Discovered in the 1920s, evidence that the galaxies are racing away from each other (outside local clusters).

Still, not enough and the theory was not taken seriously just because of red shift. However, the BB also made a critical prediction - that there should be a remnant cosmic background microwave radiation.

When this was discovered in the 1960s, the BB was taken seriously as a theory. After all, it had made a startling prediction that turned out to be true (much as evolution's startling prediction that ape/hominid intermediates would be found was vindicated over the following decades!).

Since then a whole bunch of other more arcane evidences for the BB have been found as you will find if you look on wiki or elsewhere. Such as the current ratio of hydrogen, helium, and lithium...

In any case, this is enough to establish that the BB or something close to it (such as brane theory) is almost certainly how the universe unfolded. Just as in evolution, the quantity of independently converging evidence makes a far different alternative explanation extremely unlikely.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would be awsome having a tail. Especially one that could hold a beer mug - we'd be complete.
A trunk might work even better. We evolved from the wrong order!

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>"The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reported that pottery that dates back to 17,000-18,000 years ago in the Yuchanyan Cave in southern China has been found, making it among the earliest pottery yet found. According to Science, pottery dating from 20,000 years ago were also found at the Xianrendong Cave site, in Jiangxiprovince.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_ceramics

I've heard that some pottery in Japan has been dated to 17,000 to 18,000 Years ago.

Seems the peoples of the Pacific Rim (Japan, Korea, China) were years ahead of the Middle East
I have a vase that's dated 30,000 years old that I'll sell you.

Pay no attention to the made in Japan stamp on the bottom. We don't let facts get in the way of a good theory.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay no attention to the made in Japan stamp on the bottom. We don't let facts get in the way of a good theory.
So you're admitting that you a con artist.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Because every well informed Sunday schooler knows creationmuseum.org is wa-ay more credible than nasonline.org

ROFL!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you don't. That's because you're a reality-denying creationist liar for Jesus.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
nice sentence structure...
nothing to add of substance?
any evidence to back up your BBT "facts" yet? pathetic shadow puppet
Wow.

You really are this dumb.

And I've been trying real hard to find a reason NOT to put you in the same bracket as the thick-as-a-board young Earth nuts.

You just aren't able to provide one.

:-/
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I almost forgot. When you stop being a chicken I will educate you on singularities. The one thing you hold onto I can also refute.
What, when you become reincarnated as a worm?

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A trunk might work even better. We evolved from the wrong order!
Agreed, a trunk would be nice.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, a trunk would be nice.
The only problem with a huge nose , um is changing the human look drastically. You will be a alien in a bar in a star wars movie then...lol

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of which, what's the "creation science" definition of "kind"?
Yup, just pretend you never got spanked, repro.
I have no clue how creationist define it. The links I gave for the definition of kind did not come from a creationist site. Swing and a miss but thanks for playing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••