Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#98942 Aug 28, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a vase that's dated 30,000 years old that I'll sell you.
Pay no attention to the made in Japan stamp on the bottom. We don't let facts get in the way of a good theory.
So you're admitting that you a con artist.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#98943 Aug 28, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay no attention to the made in Japan stamp on the bottom. We don't let facts get in the way of a good theory.
Because every well informed Sunday schooler knows creationmuseum.org is wa-ay more credible than nasonline.org

ROFL!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98944 Aug 28, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you don't. That's because you're a reality-denying creationist liar for Jesus.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98945 Aug 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
nice sentence structure...
nothing to add of substance?
any evidence to back up your BBT "facts" yet? pathetic shadow puppet
Wow.

You really are this dumb.

And I've been trying real hard to find a reason NOT to put you in the same bracket as the thick-as-a-board young Earth nuts.

You just aren't able to provide one.

:-/
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98946 Aug 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I almost forgot. When you stop being a chicken I will educate you on singularities. The one thing you hold onto I can also refute.
What, when you become reincarnated as a worm?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#98947 Aug 28, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A trunk might work even better. We evolved from the wrong order!
Agreed, a trunk would be nice.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#98948 Aug 28, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, a trunk would be nice.
The only problem with a huge nose , um is changing the human look drastically. You will be a alien in a bar in a star wars movie then...lol

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#98949 Aug 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of which, what's the "creation science" definition of "kind"?
Yup, just pretend you never got spanked, repro.
I have no clue how creationist define it. The links I gave for the definition of kind did not come from a creationist site. Swing and a miss but thanks for playing.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#98950 Aug 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem with a huge nose , um is changing the human look drastically. You will be a alien in a bar in a star wars movie then...lol
It has the advantage over sitting on one's tail while driving, tho.
roly poly

Portland, TN

#98951 Aug 28, 2013
All you bible believers make sure you give $1000 to Peter Popoff for some of his "miracle spring water" (tap water) so you can anoint yourself with it to receive your financial blessing and if you're lucky you'll get yourself a better seat in heaven!

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#98952 Aug 28, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
First fact - red shift. Discovered in the 1920s, evidence that the galaxies are racing away from each other (outside local clusters).
Still, not enough and the theory was not taken seriously just because of red shift. However, the BB also made a critical prediction - that there should be a remnant cosmic background microwave radiation.
When this was discovered in the 1960s, the BB was taken seriously as a theory. After all, it had made a startling prediction that turned out to be true (much as evolution's startling prediction that ape/hominid intermediates would be found was vindicated over the following decades!).
Since then a whole bunch of other more arcane evidences for the BB have been found as you will find if you look on wiki or elsewhere. Such as the current ratio of hydrogen, helium, and lithium...
In any case, this is enough to establish that the BB or something close to it (such as brane theory) is almost certainly how the universe unfolded. Just as in evolution, the quantity of independently converging evidence makes a far different alternative explanation extremely unlikely.
How do we not know time and space didn't already existed long before the BBT, collapsed in on itself and got compressed smaller (like going from one end of the hour glass to the other. The smallness in the bottle neck it has to cross to become into largeness again) space and time was still there, just slowed. Maybe the big bang was space re-expanding again. I am not saying this happened, but we never know.
roly poly

Portland, TN

#98953 Aug 28, 2013
Or you can give $1000 to Michael Murdock so he can "plant your seed in heaven". HA HA HA what a laugh that you rubes will believe that mess!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98954 Aug 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no clue how creationist define it.
Yes we know. And neither do the creationists. And what's more, you did not know that they did not know, or you did know that they did not know and attempted to defend it anyway.

Predictably, you failed. Epic.
replaytime wrote:
The links I gave for the definition of kind did not come from a creationist site. Swing and a miss but thanks for playing.
You kidding? Home run, bub. It's too late, you threw yourself into play and you got batted outta here.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#98955 Aug 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It has the advantage over sitting on one's tail while driving, tho.
I think I could suffer that, rather than being from pachydermastein . lol
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98956 Aug 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we not know time and space didn't already existed long before the BBT, collapsed in on itself and got compressed smaller (like going from one end of the hour glass to the other. The smallness in the bottle neck it has to cross to become into largeness again) space and time was still there, just slowed. Maybe the big bang was space re-expanding again. I am not saying this happened, but we never know.
If you're talking about the bouncing universe hypothesis we don't know for sure (no need for "slowed time" during the bottleneck of the singularity though). Either way it has no real bearing on the Big Bang as far as we know.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#98957 Aug 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I think I could suffer that, rather than being from pachydermastein . lol
Lady Gaga with a proboscis? Rambunctious 2 year olds with prehensile tails? ARgh. Some things are bad enough as they already are.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98958 Aug 28, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>So you're admitting that you a con artist.
No not at all I'm a scientist.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98959 Aug 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>We know you don't. That's because you're a reality-denying creationist liar for Jesus.(shrug)
I've also got this pigs jaw bone that is proof that pigs and frogs are capable of breeding.

I call it Misskermitetite

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#98960 Aug 28, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
No not at all I'm a scientist.
that lie was so huge that hell just froze over and hell doesn't even exist....
Level 1

Location hidden

#98961 Aug 28, 2013
So was the Big Bang an explosion?
Or not?

About 15 billion years ago a tremendous explosion started the expansion of the universe. This explosion is known as the Big Bang

http://www.umich.edu/~gs265/bigbang.htm

Astronomers Detect Most Powerful Explosion Since Big Bang

18 May 1998

The energy released in a cosmic gamma-rayburst detected in December 1997 is the most energy ever detected from an explosion in theUniverse, perhaps making it the most powerful explosion since the creation of the Universe in the Big Bang.

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/features/ne...

big bang

(bg)
The explosion of an extremely small, hot, and dense body of matter that, according to some cosmological theories, gave rise to the universe between 12 and 20 billion years ago.

Most astronomers now believe that the universe began around 12 billion years ago in a cataclysmic explosion we call the Big Bang

Most astronomers now believe that the universe began around 12 billion years ago in a cataclysmic explosion we call the Big Bang

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-1...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do YOU get on Topix? 6 min modhippie1 73
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 7 min honeymylove 138,857
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 min Crystal_Clear722 38,657
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min illi bishop 28,853
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 26 min Jennifer Renee 8,955
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 34 min modhippie1 7,132
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 1 hr mr goodwrench 25,003
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Wolftracks 155,551
did tally have a stroke 3 hr Chilli J 34
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 4 hr modhippie1 848