Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
93,381 - 93,400 of 114,785 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nope, sorry. not even once.
you flapped your gums about some belief of some god, but you never posted one single syllable about where you learned about his god you supposedly believe in.
please show me the post number where you described where you learned about his supposed god you seem to, maybe, believe in...
are you ashamed to show where this supposed god you might actually believe in came from? i can see why if it from the very same bioble you clearly stated was from the work of man...
so tell us, where did you of this supposed god you so entirely beleive in?
Ok I will go back and find it and repost it with a link when you answer this. What came first the chicken or the egg. I can answer it and give your reason of why.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to read a 250p book, why?
You can stick it in your butt and run around claiming you are airplane for all I care. You said you didn't know any biblical scholars that claim the Pentateuch had multiple authors over a period of centuries. I gave you a name and one book he wrote. What you do with that information is your own business. Jeez!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

you seem totally unable to back up your own posts...obviously they are not your own thoughts in any way. or worse yet, they are and you cannot defend them...either way.. i'm outta here...

hopw you realize what you yourself have clearly stated about your own beliefs...

i'm sure i will point them out to you again and again. this is called standard deprogramming...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>half a post number of where you stated what you just stated you said? not even that? the first number even?
your fake god is even ashamed of your effort...and that's alot for a mtyhical creature...
not even one post.
you cannot even come up with one single word about where you learned about this god you supposedly believe in...
seems you don't believe at all... just another sheeple that repeats words you don't understand and you call that your core beliefs... man that must be an ugly, mindless life...
you are what they used to call Crusade Fodder. now they call you Jihadist fodder...
kind of like a human disposal for our species waste, huh?
Again a challenge has been made. What came first the chicken or the egg. I can answer it and give you reason of why. Can you answer and give your reasons why? Lets test your wisdom.

Like I said when you answer this I will go back and repost the answer you want, even with a link to the post.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
you seem totally unable to back up your own posts...obviously they are not your own thoughts in any way. or worse yet, they are and you cannot defend them...either way.. i'm outta here...
hopw you realize what you yourself have clearly stated about your own beliefs...
i'm sure i will point them out to you again and again. this is called standard deprogramming...
If you don't except the challenge,,, that would make you a chicken. For I can answer and your reward will be the answer you seek.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
brrrk brrrk brrrk. Good night Chicken. You show your wisdom in anything is very limited. Roost well and lay an egg in the morning.:-)

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
And you still failed to address this:

Lets put it to your peers in a review.

Subzone, Dan, Word, Chimney do you all believe in evolution or do you accept that these theories are the best explanation you have for observed phenomena and also make the best predictions concerning what you are likely to observe based off of the evidence.

Now when they answer you can eat your words. As I said they say "a scientifically literate person would not use the phrase "believe in" regarding a scientific theory" which would be evolution.

brrrrk brrrk brrrrk

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
Oh I almost forgot. When you stop being a chicken I will educate you on singularities. The one thing you hold onto I can also refute.

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

The story of creation in the bible is a Bronze Age myth. It has day and night, and plants growing before there was a sun. We know that's not the case. The bible indicates the earth if flat, that the sky is a dome and other silly things. I understand people's desperation to believe that all of life's answers are simple, and can be found in one place, and there is some big sky daddy taking care of us all, but that's just not the case.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Subzone, Dan, Word, Chimney do you all believe in evolution or do you accept that these theories are the best explanation you have for observed phenomena and also make the best predictions concerning what you are likely to observe based off of the evidence.
Now when they answer you can eat your words. As I said they say "a scientifically literate person would not use the phrase "believe in" regarding a scientific theory".
All I know for sure is that the Bible is nothing but fiction.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
All I know for sure is that the Bible is nothing but fiction.
So do you believe in evolution or do you accept that the theories are the best explanation you have based off of the evidence.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Now when they answer you can eat your words. As I said they say "a scientifically literate person would not use the phrase "believe in" regarding a scientific theory".
I "accept" the theory.

But if I -- or anyone else -- were to respond that we 'believed' in the theory of evolutuion, this is not using 'belief' in a philosphical context, it is using a different definition of the word.

Definitions of BELIEF:

1: a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing.

2: something believed; especially : a tenet or body of tenets held by a group.

3: conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bel...

If you 'believe' in a particular deity, you would be using definition #1 or possibly #2.

If I said I 'believed' in the Theory of Evolution, I would be using definition #3.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
So I can then Know that atheist do in fact know God but don't want to abide by his law so they pretend he's not real.
God is not real to me and christianity is downright absurd. And yet if I were Christian there is hardly a thing I would need to change in my lifestyle. This caricature that those who dont believe are just evildoers who dont want to live by God's rules is moronic.

Can you simply not fathom that God is a concept that is simply not real or realistic to some? And btw, entirely without evidence.

So here is the real truth. Guys like you believe because you are terrified of death. You know that you have made God up but you are so afraid of dying you will believe anything no matter how absurd in order to avoid the fact.

Level 6

UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious. When you go out to eat at a restaurant do you ask them what different kinds of meat do they have or do you ask them what different species do they have?
Sure. But if you are talking to a chef and you ask whats in the soup he isnt going to say "herbs" hebis going to say dill, tarragon, basil. There is a nomenclature with every specialty. Including accurate word usebin science.

Now Tsar makes the point that the bible was written before linnaeus etc.

But that is not the core issue with Kinds in the Bible. The issue is with separateness and this is what breaks down when you see the convergence in fossil kinds as we go back. See? I said kinds. Two kinds converge into one kind. So the idea of separate kinds from Creation each named by Adam falls apart. Kinds is nonsense.

Level 6

UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wasting your breath. Of course Linnean classification was not available in that time. They can't comprehend that or the language of back when the bible was written. The way they see it is that if we know all this now, then they should have known it back then as well. So when they read things that were 1000's of years ago they get confused because they can't comprehend it because they can only think in the way of what they have learned or know in the present.
They probably get confused about Shakespeare too because he said "where for out thou Romeo" instead of saying "where are you Romeo".
Biblical kinds dont fail for the trivial reason that they used a different classification system.

They fail for the much more profound problem that as we go back in the fossil record, different "kinds" whether species, genera, orders or classes show convergence. 2 kinds become 1 kind. Repeatedly. Whatever classificaton system you use.

This is what makes a mockery of separate and distinct ex nihilo creationism, but was both predicted and is explained by evolution.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so you have the time in the universe that you don't have a clue and you don't know how time started. I like the part were he claims the expansion of the universe slowed down and cooled. We know that the expansion of the universe is speeding up. Because time starting is impossible in the Big Bang theory they are now working in the eternal universe theory. A theory that time always existed.
So basically science now realize the paradox of time in the BB so they now believe the universe had no beginning.
That it always existed. Kind of like God.
You know the God you all keep saying must have been created because nothing could have always existed.
BOX
I've seen this kind of thing happen before.
If you keep playing word games with yourself like this you're going to end up talking yourself into believing there is some kind of invisible mysterious watcher at your elbow overseeing your every move...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical kinds dont fail for the trivial reason that they used a different classification system.
They fail for the much more profound problem that as we go back in the fossil record, different "kinds" whether species, genera, orders or classes show convergence. 2 kinds become 1 kind. Repeatedly. Whatever classificaton system you use.
This is what makes a mockery of separate and distinct ex nihilo creationism, but was both predicted and is explained by evolution.
He's a bit confused, too. And in his own language.

"Wherefore" (all one word) means "why?". Not "where".

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. God gave us the Bible thus it's knowable. Just read.
I've read it twice. It's full of absurdities and has very little about God himself.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
" if he can just exist without cause then so can some quirk of physics that sets of a chain reaction that results in the Big Bang."
Nope not at all. You seem to have an issues understanding the difference between God who created the universe and items he created in the universe.
No confusion on my part. Your the one committing the fallacy of special pleading by arguing that an incredibly powerful and intelligent God can just exist without explanation but a universe based on simple laws can't.

God isn't nothing. He does need to be explained.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Godlust wrote:
<quoted text>Look around genius...the primitive human animal believes whatever its told, without question! God created everything.....must be true. Evolved from apes...must be true. Deep space has all the answers genius.....
Really? Because Iīve told my dog a hundred times thatīs itīs wrong to pee on my tires. And youīre right, he doesnīt question it, he just continues to pee on my tires. Maybe if God had a car, this wouldnīt happen?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you believe in evolution or do you accept that the theories are the best explanation you have based off of the evidence.
The theory/fact of evolution is the best explanation of what we see has happened on earth.

The Bible, except for some geographic and historical data, is mostly fiction.

There is no, nor has there ever been, any magic or supernatural phenomena on this earth....all is natural.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••