Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#98775 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And my comment clearly states I don't think it is the word of God and this is the best you can come back with? lol. Go to bed
so what god do you believe in? where did you learn about this supposed god?

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#98776 Aug 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget that Moses is supposed to have written his own obituary so to speak. Pretty amazing to be dead and write about it at the same time.
I know of people that pre-paid for their funeral, picked out their casket and vault, music, picked the speaking pastor, prepaid to have their headstone engraved and set, wrote their own obituary before they died. So I guess I don't see your point.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#98777 Aug 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is teaching you this stuff?
I read it in a book. It is pretty cool. Don't know if you have heard of it, but it is called the Bible.

Level 5

#98778 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>now you just clearly stated the bible is wholly and entirely the work of humans. no god involved at all.
this is just what i have been saying you have said all along. why can't you even understand what it is you, yourself say?
Again as I said passed on information from other men, Moses being one that had talked to God and passed his experiences on. So you saying God had nothing to do with it is your words, not mine.

You want to either believe God wrote it and call it BS or you want to believe man made it all up and call it BS. You cannot put together that in some form, in some way that we don't know or understand it could have been both by Moses and his passed on information. You know they say when one wants do disbelieve he will use all means possible in his mind to back himself up, even trying to manipulate the words of others to go in his favor so he will have something to stand on.

Level 5

#98779 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so what god do you believe in? where did you learn about this supposed god?
What God do you now believe in and why do you not believe in the said God?

Level 5

#98780 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you spew their rhetoric pretty well. you seem to be trying to defend, unsuccessfully,(well not even that, you haven't even offered anything of usefullness but your seeming desire to belive that the bible was in some way, partly, maybe a little bit inspired by some god invented in this maybe inspired in some way book...)this cult's basic tenets...
if the bible is not the word of god, what god do you believe in? you have clearly stated you belive in a god, where did you get the information about this supposed god you so strongly beleive in?
I speak what I believe. If you can't separate the two then you need to do more research. You see one as all. That is your weakness. If one person at your work is crazy does that mean they all are?

St. Croix valley

#98781 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What God do you now believe in and why do you not believe in the said God?
there is not one teensy shred of evidence to suggest that maybe, even possibly any god, gods or goddesses ever existed, it is not a matter of belief in any way.

again, you stated, very clearly you believe in god. where did you learn about this god you believe in? why can't you seem to answer this question? i have asked it of you many, many times. will your answer show your logic to be completely and irrefutably wrong in your theological beleifs and that is why you can't seem to answer? it sucks to be wrong, but it sucks worse to be too stubborn to acknowledge it and keep believing a proven lie...

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#98782 Aug 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is teaching you this stuff?
If Moses wrote the first five books of the Old Testament, then he wrote about his own death. An amazing feat.
Deuteronomy 34:4-8

Why do you not know of this?

Modern biblical scholars accept the theory that the Pentateuch was written by different authors over a long period of time, perhaps centuries.

St. Croix valley

#98783 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak what I believe. If you can't separate the two then you need to do more research. You see one as all. That is your weakness. If one person at your work is crazy does that mean they all are?
this post means absolutely nothing. have you given up completely?

Level 5

#98784 Aug 25, 2013
Now I agree the bible has mistakes in it from its various authors. But to me it does not make it wrong. The people that wrote it were nor perfect and foremost they are not alive to correct it. Science makes mistakes all the time. Now during their mistakes through present knowledge it was caught and told to the one that made it or it was caught after the ones that made it passed and it was corrected. The bible is thousands of years old and no one knows how to correct the errors or can talk to the ones that made the mistakes. So the next best thing is to cherry pick it and try to say it is false. Really?

If Darwin was alive today science would cherry pick him apart in the mistakes he made.

No one is perfect in anything they do and they were even less perfect with the limited knowledge they had thousands of years ago.

St. Croix valley

#98785 Aug 25, 2013
So where did you learn about this god you say you believe in so deeply? why can you not answer this very, very simple question you have been asked so, so many times?

logic is fun, isn't it? have you finally realized that you believe in a god that you yourself claim to be the creation of man? take your time, these moments of mental growth are slow, painful and very necessary for development....

Level 5

#98786 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is not one teensy shred of evidence to suggest that maybe, even possibly any god, gods or goddesses ever existed, it is not a matter of belief in any way.
again, you stated, very clearly you believe in god. where did you learn about this god you believe in? why can't you seem to answer this question? i have asked it of you many, many times. will your answer show your logic to be completely and irrefutably wrong in your theological beleifs and that is why you can't seem to answer? it sucks to be wrong, but it sucks worse to be too stubborn to acknowledge it and keep believing a proven lie...
I belief in a superior God because I believe the universe, this earth and all the life and splendors in it did not arise from a muddy soup from nothing. That is what I believe but if you want to believe everything came form nothing that is your choice to believe that.

So know let you answer this simple question;

Now science says the universe came from nothing except the big bang theory, the expansion of the universe and all came to be. Before then nothing was there, not even time. So if nothing was there where did the all the elements come from that formed life? Where did the all the elements come from that formed earth and the other planets. Where did all the elements come from that formed our sun and other stars? Where did water come from? O2? CO2? etc etc.?

I could go on but I think the question is clear.

St. Croix valley

#98787 Aug 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If Moses wrote the first five books of the Old Testament, then he wrote about his own death. An amazing feat.
Deuteronomy 34:4-8
Why do you not know of this?
Modern biblical scholars accept the theory that the Pentateuch was written by different authors over a long period of time, perhaps centuries.
most cult members are incredibly ignorant of their own cult's teachings. another proven fact....

this is why their cults can hang on them as members, they don't even know what it is they believe in...just following what they are told to repeat...en masse...at the appropriate times.

St. Croix valley

#98788 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Now I agree the bible has mistakes in it from its various authors. But to me it does not make it wrong. The people that wrote it were nor perfect and foremost they are not alive to correct it. Science makes mistakes all the time. Now during their mistakes through present knowledge it was caught and told to the one that made it or it was caught after the ones that made it passed and it was corrected. The bible is thousands of years old and no one knows how to correct the errors or can talk to the ones that made the mistakes. So the next best thing is to cherry pick it and try to say it is false. Really?
If Darwin was alive today science would cherry pick him apart in the mistakes he made.
No one is perfect in anything they do and they were even less perfect with the limited knowledge they had thousands of years ago.
but science does not even come close, in any way, shape or form, to claiming it comes down from some infallible source like your cult does...

are you really trying to say that the bible does not claim to be the word of god? seriously? you have thousands of years of dogma to fight in that battle pal... you seem to be digging yourself deeper into a howl you cannot logically dig yourself out of...

Level 5

#98789 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
So where did you learn about this god you say you believe in so deeply? why can you not answer this very, very simple question you have been asked so, so many times?
logic is fun, isn't it? have you finally realized that you believe in a god that you yourself claim to be the creation of man? take your time, these moments of mental growth are slow, painful and very necessary for development....
If I say I learned Him from what others passed down you will say implanted material. You have proven no matter one says you cherry pick it to go along with what you say and believe. So I learned about him in my dreams and visions that my ancestors (the Cherokee) had and was passed on to me. But now of course I know you will cherry pick the Indians but again that is expected of you.

St. Croix valley

#98790 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I belief in a superior God because I believe the universe, this earth and all the life and splendors in it did not arise from a muddy soup from nothing. That is what I believe but if you want to believe everything came form nothing that is your choice to believe that.
Now science says the universe came from nothing except the big bang theory, the expansion of the universe and all came to be. Before then nothing was there, not even time. So if nothing was there where did the all the elements come from that formed life? Where did the all the elements come from that formed earth and the other planets. Where did all the elements come from that formed our sun and other stars? Where did water come from? O2? CO2? etc etc.?
so why is it you are so determined to avoid answering the question of where you learned about this superior god you just very clearly stated you believe in?

what parts of this supposed god you believe in did not come from the religious cults obviously created by humans? even one iota? which iota is that?

you seem determined to not answer the question that makes your entire theology fall apart...i understand that would be hard for a weak-minded cult member to do...a free thinker could do it in a snap, like i did when you me the exact same question...

your turn....

Level 5

#98791 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>most cult members are incredibly ignorant of their own cult's teachings. another proven fact....
this is why their cults can hang on them as members, they don't even know what it is they believe in...just following what they are told to repeat...en masse...at the appropriate times.
A cult can be any group of people that believe and follow the same thing. That same thing can be anything, even evolution.

Now you can say we don't believe in evolution, we see the evidence. So by the evidence you see, you therefore believe in evolution and it must be true.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98792 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am sure of that. I don't believe something is real just because other men say it is real. I read, listen, look, experience, study and come to my own answer and decision. If I believed everything was real because someone wrote of it I would still believe in Santa and the Easter bunny to name a few.
Then tell me this, do you think Ramses II was real?

Level 5

#98793 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but science does not even come close, in any way, shape or form, to claiming it comes down from some infallible source like your cult does...
are you really trying to say that the bible does not claim to be the word of god? seriously? you have thousands of years of dogma to fight in that battle pal... you seem to be digging yourself deeper into a howl you cannot logically dig yourself out of...
I have answered the same question about 5-6 times. If you cannot remember then go back and look for the answer. If you cannot understand my clear answer then you are just a waste of time for you are not looking for an answer, you are looking for an argument.

St. Croix valley

#98794 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
no, you clearly do not even come close to understanding the big bang theory, in fact, it states that everything was already there.

try not to speak on subjects you have no knowledge of , dear, it makes you look even more foolish.(didn't think that was possible, but you pulled it off, dude! Rock on!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 min Chilli J 2,868
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 6 min Judy 123 254
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 8 min Sarah 2,146
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 9 min andet1987 604
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 10 min beatlesinafog 2,951
3 "NEW" words from last 3 letters without using... (Sep '12) 10 min Vector aka Victor... 1,583
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min Care Bear 25,675
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 20 min AliceBlue 276
Is it possible to....... 23 min Sarah 568
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 34 min D Valens 152,473
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 37 min Sarah 131
More from around the web