Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
93,321 - 93,340 of 113,164 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Made no, do you know what ignorance is? Not the same as calling stupid.
ig·no·rant\ˈig-n(ə-)rənt\
adjective
1 a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>
b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
2 : unaware, uninformed
ig·no·rant·ly adverb
I would say you have both bases covered.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying you believe the bible to be the directly inspired word of some god? you have all the hurdles previously pointed out to to overcome in your proof...have at it...
Fact is you believe it is directly inspired word of some God? That is why you try to refute it all the time.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying you believe the bible to be the directly inspired word of some god? you have all the hurdles previously pointed out to to overcome in your proof...have at it...
I said you are ignorant and have no clue what you think you know.

Does that clear it up for you, pumpkin patch?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so the bible is maybe, in some sort of way, partially the word of some god we wouldn't even know, since it is the bible that explains the nature of this bible to humans...
don't you see any logical problems with this cult set-up? any rational person would.
Again you are avoiding the point. God did not write the bible, did not narrate the words and did not have man take notes to write it from later. The bible is written by man from passed on words of other men and their experiences. Now I may be wrong but wasn't Moses the only one that directly talked to God and the only one to see the burning bush while he talked to him?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are avoiding the point. God did not write the bible, did not narrate the words and did not have man take notes to write it from later. The bible is written by man from passed on words of other men and their experiences. Now I may be wrong but wasn't Moses the only one that directly talked to God and the only one to see the burning bush while he talked to him?
good point. lets talk about the "And God said unto Moses" part of the bible...

your supposed god told Moses directly that owning slaves is an OK thing to do. you support a god that says slavery is OK? does this really seem like the words of a creator of all mankind that would enslave some of his creations?

logic is fun, when used dissecting the bible!...

again, you are clearly stating that the bible is the work of man, and the god you think you know is created by those men...

cults are a riot, aren't they?(maybe not for those inducted into them, like you, but for us rational people they are an endless source of amusement...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
I said you are ignorant and have no clue what you think you know.
Does that clear it up for you, pumpkin patch?
no, because i give clear, verifiable facts and you give absolutely nothing to the discussion. does that clear up your standing in this discussion?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Just a simple question; now science says the universe came from nothing except the big bang theory, the expansion of the universe. Before then nothing was there, not even time. So if nothing was there where did the all the elements come from that formed earth and the other planets. Where did the elements come from that formed our sun and other stars? Where did water come from? O2? CO2? etc etc.?
I could go on but I think the question is clear.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is you believe it is directly inspired word of some God? That is why you try to refute it all the time.
no. i have proven to you time and time again that the bible is very clearly and entirely the word of humans that made up another, one of thousands of, religious cults.

why can you not refute the facts i have clearly, and repeatedly given you?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>good point. lets talk about the "And God said unto Moses" part of the bible...
your supposed god told Moses directly that owning slaves is an OK thing to do. you support a god that says slavery is OK? does this really seem like the words of a creator of all mankind that would enslave some of his creations?
logic is fun, when used dissecting the bible!...
again, you are clearly stating that the bible is the work of man, and the god you think you know is created by those men...
cults are a riot, aren't they?(maybe not for those inducted into them, like you, but for us rational people they are an endless source of amusement...
Where does it say in the bible that God told Moses slavery was ok?

And no I am not saying God is created by those men, you are saying that.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

replaytime wrote:
Why helll you can't even copy and paste well but you want people to take what you say into consideration.
*gasp!*

I'm just like Tzar. LOL

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what would you call dead critters?
Don't hurt croko-ducks feelings. He is fun to have around. We all need a good laugh from time to time.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, because i give clear, verifiable facts and you give absolutely nothing to the discussion. does that clear up your standing in this discussion?
Verifiable facts? Sure, sweet pee.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
*gasp!*
I'm just like Tzar. LOL
That would be some sort of fallacy. Using another's so said faults to justify your own. Now I don't keep up with the fallacy BS for I think it is a childish way to avoid something. But I am sure SubZone can tell you which fallacy it is.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't hurt croko-ducks feelings. He is fun to have around. We all need a good laugh from time to time.
I agree, it amazes me just how much they know...they sure know a lot that isn't true. LOL

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say in the bible that God told Moses slavery was ok?
And no I am not saying God is created by those men, you are saying that.
in Leviticus. sad how poorly you cult members know your own cult teachings...but then cults hate knowledge amongst their flock...(first lesson from the garden of eden, remember? do not seek knowledge and all will be perfect...)

try researching, then posting, you will look like so much less of a fool.

no, you clearly stated that the bible is the work of man, no divine inspiration...at best, you stated it was maybe, partially some kind of word of some god you wouldn't know, because the god described therein is created by these wandering, free thinking minds of humans...

logic is fun!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Gobekli Tepe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that Moses was real. Many scholars believe the Pentateuch was written/edited by at least 3 or 4 different people and at a much later time then the reputed lifetime of Moses.

Also there is the FACT that there is no physical archaeological evidence for the reputed Exodus from Egypt....NONE.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Verifiable facts? Sure, sweet pee.
if you could have refuted them you already would have. we are left with these sad posts of yours saying nothing of worth...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

replaytime wrote:
That would be some sort of fallacy. Using another's so said faults to justify your own. Now I don't keep up with the fallacy BS for I think it is a childish way to avoid something. But I am sure SubZone can tell you which fallacy it is.
It's time for me to telepathically communicate with my invisible master, and then go to bed. Laters.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Gotta get up early so ah kin warm up da pepperoni grinder!

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no. i have proven to you time and time again that the bible is very clearly and entirely the word of humans that made up another, one of thousands of, religious cults.
why can you not refute the facts i have clearly, and repeatedly given you?
I have. You said the bible is the word of God. I told you it wasn't and why.

You then said it was divinely inspired by God. I gave you the definition of divinely inspired as well which again shows God did not narrate to them what to write or have them take notes and write the bible later from those notes.

You then say so the bible is maybe, in some sort of way, partially the word of some god we wouldn't even know. Well again it is the word of man for God did not right it and I would not know God if he stood right in front of me for I have no clue what he looks like or even if he has a physical form.

You keep going on about thousands of religious cults. Really? Maybe you should pick just one out of those thousands and research it for I am pretty sure you haven't researched them all of how and why people believe in them, if any. You are set that God or any god is fake and that is that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

242 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your tip for the day? 4 min honeymylove 261
Post how you feel (Oct '12) 4 min Spirit67_ 349
Message to Obama 5 min WhiteDevilKingOfTrolls 727
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 9 min dirty white boy- 13,061
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min Jennifer Renee 5,699
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min Concerned_American 35,075
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 12 min Kevin 15,503
Tell Us Who or What You Really Are,...? (Apr '13) 20 min honeymylove 1,569
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 43 min Nobody 2 Special 28,361
Still arguing with Billy R (Oct '09) 51 min harleyhoney 501
•••
•••