Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195326 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98797 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, you clearly do not even come close to understanding the big bang theory, in fact, it states that everything was already there.
try not to speak on subjects you have no knowledge of , dear, it makes you look even more foolish.(didn't think that was possible, but you pulled it off, dude! Rock on!)
Show me where the BBT states that everything was already there including time.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#98798 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
A cult can be any group of people that believe and follow the same thing. That same thing can be anything, even evolution.
Now you can say we don't believe in evolution, we see the evidence. So by the evidence you see, you therefore believe in evolution and it must be true.
who did i say doesn't believe in evolution?

why can't you answer the very simple question put to so many time about what god you believe in and where you learned about this supposed god?

St. Croix valley

#98799 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I have answered the same question about 5-6 times. If you cannot remember then go back and look for the answer. If you cannot understand my clear answer then you are just a waste of time for you are not looking for an answer, you are looking for an argument.
nice dodge....

sad you can't even express your own beliefs clearly...must be some horrific unguided life you lead, huh?

just follow the rest of the sheep where they are going, i'm sure it'll be OK when you get there.....

St. Croix valley

#98800 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where the BBT states that everything was already there including time.
it states that all of our universe was in teh singularity that expanded. time was not there, as time does not exist without space and space does not exist in a singularity.

are you going to pay me for these tutorial sessions?

why would you even post a comment about a theory you very clearly do not even understand the basics of ? do you enjoy looking like an ass?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98801 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who did i say doesn't believe in evolution?
why can't you answer the very simple question put to so many time about what god you believe in and where you learned about this supposed god?
According to the educated people one does not say they believe in evolution. So from you own group you must not be educated being you believe in evolution. They follow the evidence. What was it you said,,,,, Oh yeah,,,, logic is fun!!!!!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98802 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who did i say doesn't believe in evolution?
If that ain't calling the kettle black...lol

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98803 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it states that all of our universe was in teh singularity that expanded. time was not there, as time does not exist without space and space does not exist in a singularity.
why would you even post a comment about a theory you very clearly do not even understand the basics of ? do you enjoy looking like an ass?
woodtick57 wrote: the big bang theory, in fact, it states that everything was already there.

replaytime wrote; Show me where the BBT states that everything was already there including time.

Now you write this comment I am responding to.

Well time is included in everything for without time everything could not exist. I see now you are back tracking and making up stuff.

So which was it. Before the BBT was everything there as you stated or not?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98804 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it states that all of our universe was in teh singularity that expanded. time was not there, as time does not exist without space and space does not exist in a singularity.
Here is your chance chipmunk...

Who is credited that theory?

Watch how long this takes him to research because he has NO clue.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98805 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nice dodge....
sad you can't even express your own beliefs clearly...must be some horrific unguided life you lead, huh?
just follow the rest of the sheep where they are going, i'm sure it'll be OK when you get there.....
Not a dodge when I have already answered several times. The fault lies upon you for being too blind to read it

“No such thing as ABIODARWINISM”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

No ABIODARWINISTS either!

#98806 Aug 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you who was teaching you this stuff?
So, now you present 2 differing options, what view are you claiming to hold now?
I told you I learned it by reading a book. What different option? I gave the chapter and verse in the book. Are you stupid or something?

St. Croix valley

#98807 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the educated people one does not say they believe in evolution. So from you own group you must not be educated being you believe in evolution. They follow the evidence. What was it you said,,,,, Oh yeah,,,, logic is fun!!!!!
no, that had absolutely no logic in it whatsoever, and it certainly didn't answer the question of who i stated doesn't believe in evolution.

you seem to be running out of steam in your desperate attempt to avoid answering the question you know will take you entire world view off its blocks...

take you time...go have a smoke. you have just been given irrefutable knowledge shoeing you that everything you have previously believed in is a total and provable lie...i get it that it will take you some time to digest.

if you are the rational person you seem to think you are, you can come to no other conclusion, unless you can come up with the argument you are, as yet, unable to...why is that?

take you time, dude...world view changes are not to made easily. you have the facts. you are obviously unable to refute them. mull it over....

life is ahead of you, not dogma...embrace it....

Level 9

#98808 Aug 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you who was teaching you this stuff?
So, now you present 2 differing options, what view are you claiming to hold now?
I started this by saying not to forget that Moses wrote about his own death in a post to Word. You asked who is teaching me this stuff. I told you were I learned it. Knock, knock, knock! Do you think I believe that Moses wrote the Pentateuch? No. You gotta keep up man.

I only have the one view and I further support it with the current position taken by biblical scholars who should be even more knowledgeable about the Bible than I am. How confusing can that be? Not any at all.

To make it simple for you. I taught me. I see that others more knowledgeable have made the same determination. It doesn't change my belief in God since I don't view the Bible literally and don't worship it.

St. Croix valley

#98809 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
woodtick57 wrote: the big bang theory, in fact, it states that everything was already there.
replaytime wrote; Show me where the BBT states that everything was already there including time.
Now you write this comment I am responding to.
Well time is included in everything for without time everything could not exist. I see now you are back tracking and making up stuff.
So which was it. Before the BBT was everything there as you stated or not?
your basic premise is faulty. time and space are connected. no space...no time.

basic fact of the universe...

this is what i have stated all along.

sad you cannot counter any of these clearly stated, verifiable facts.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98810 Aug 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I told you I learned it by reading a book. What different option? I gave the chapter and verse in the book. Are you stupid or something?
You never mentioned a book until now, and "wow" impressive...."I read a book"

Now, back to school, so did he write it or not? What is your position?

COWARD...?

St. Croix valley

#98811 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a dodge when I have already answered several times. The fault lies upon you for being too blind to read it
really? show me the post where you stated where you learned about this supposed god you think you believe in? any one of them will do...
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98814 Aug 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I started this by saying not to forget that Moses wrote about his own death in a post to Word. You asked who is teaching me this stuff. I told you were I learned it. Knock, knock, knock! Do you think I believe that Moses wrote the Pentateuch? No. You gotta keep up man.
I only have the one view and I further support it with the current position taken by biblical scholars who should be even more knowledgeable about the Bible than I am. How confusing can that be? Not any at all.
To make it simple for you. I taught me. I see that others more knowledgeable have made the same determination. It doesn't change my belief in God since I don't view the Bible literally and don't worship it.
Well I am glad for that, I think worship of the Bible would be contrary to the message.

However, I do not know any biblical Scholars that think Moses wrote his own obituary.

Level 9

#98815 Aug 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I read it in a book. It is pretty cool. Don't know if you have heard of it, but it is called the Bible.
I guess an hour ago, I didn't post this response to Expert (there is a misnomer). I didn't mention a book in answer to where his question on who taught me what I know.

I wonder if he want more egg and crow with his Expert opinion.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

Level 9

#98816 Aug 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
You never mentioned a book until now, and "wow" impressive...."I read a book"
Now, back to school, so did he write it or not? What is your position?
COWARD...?
Name calling and disparaging remarks. You must be a fundamentalist.

You should read that book. As I said it is called the Bible. You might learn something. Who am I kidding? You know everything you want to know.

Level 9

#98817 Aug 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I am glad for that, I think worship of the Bible would be contrary to the message.
However, I do not know any biblical Scholars that think Moses wrote his own obituary.
The message is the same even without a literal view. Amazing isn't it.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98818 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, that had absolutely no logic in it whatsoever, and it certainly didn't answer the question of who i stated doesn't believe in evolution.
you seem to be running out of steam in your desperate attempt to avoid answering the question you know will take you entire world view off its blocks...
take you time...go have a smoke. you have just been given irrefutable knowledge shoeing you that everything you have previously believed in is a total and provable lie...i get it that it will take you some time to digest.
if you are the rational person you seem to think you are, you can come to no other conclusion, unless you can come up with the argument you are, as yet, unable to...why is that?
take you time, dude...world view changes are not to made easily. you have the facts. you are obviously unable to refute them. mull it over....
life is ahead of you, not dogma...embrace it....
Lets put it to your peers in a review.

Subzone, Dan, Word, Chimney do you all believe in evolution or do you accept that these theories are the best explanation you have for observed phenomena and also make the best predictions concerning what you are likely to observe based off of the evidence.

Now when they answer you can eat your words. As I said they say "a scientifically literate person would not use the phrase "believe in" regarding a scientific theory".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 3 min Princess Hey 2,470
for those who are sick of devine poetry say I (Sep '12) 5 min KNIGHT DeVINE 34
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 10 min Dont_You_Dare 1,744
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min Grace fallen 189,196
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 16 min Dont_You_Dare 12,819
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 22 min Bezeer 17,094
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 25 min LBS 5,308
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 31 min Princess Hey 144,087
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr 8541 MARINE 55,675
Transgender bathrooms .... thoughts? 2 hr stalltactics 40