Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 172029 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I can never convince the ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#98760 Aug 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that Moses was real. Many scholars believe the Pentateuch was written/edited by at least 3 or 4 different people and at a much later time then the reputed lifetime of Moses.
Also there is the FACT that there is no physical archaeological evidence for the reputed Exodus from Egypt....NONE.
Don't forget that Moses is supposed to have written his own obituary so to speak. Pretty amazing to be dead and write about it at the same time.

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#98761 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
no, you clearly stated that the bible is the work of man, no divine inspiration...at best, you stated it was maybe, partially some kind of word of some god you wouldn't know, because the god described therein is created by these wandering, free thinking minds of humans...
logic is fun!
What I said was "God did not write the bible, did not narrate the words and did not have man take notes to write it from later. The bible is written by man from passed on words of other men and their experiences. I never once said he was a God created by man. That came solely from you, not me.

The more you try to say I said something I didn't, the bigger a fool you look.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#98762 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I have. You said the bible is the word of God. I told you it wasn't and why.
You then said it was divinely inspired by God. I gave you the definition of divinely inspired as well which again shows God did not narrate to them what to write or have them take notes and write the bible later from those notes.
You then say so the bible is maybe, in some sort of way, partially the word of some god we wouldn't even know. Well again it is the word of man for God did not right it and I would not know God if he stood right in front of me for I have no clue what he looks like or even if he has a physical form.
You keep going on about thousands of religious cults. Really? Maybe you should pick just one out of those thousands and research it for I am pretty sure you haven't researched them all of how and why people believe in them, if any. You are set that God or any god is fake and that is that.
Dude, it is your cult that claims the bible is the word of god, not me. i have clearly shown it is not....
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98763 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you could have refuted them you already would have. we are left with these sad posts of yours saying nothing of worth...
Refuted all of them, scooter. Did you find another one?

Level 9

#98764 Aug 25, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
Gotta get up early so ah kin warm up da pepperoni grinder!
I think you have entered a whole new area with this one.

Level 5

#98765 Aug 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though that isn't how it's done, it's still more accurate than your method of dating the age of things by what page you find it own in the bible.
It is pretty much done that way. They date the fossils by the rocks and the rocks by the fossils and come up with a happy medium.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98766 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct to a point. I do not know if he was real and you do not know if he wasn't. Now people can say yea or nay but fact is we in reality will never know. He cannot be proven or disproven. He could be real or a work of fiction. We will never know.
You sure about that?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98767 Aug 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though that isn't how it's done, it's still more accurate than your method of dating the age of things by what page you find it own in the bible.
Like you have a clue about what you are talking about, that is funny.

Level 5

#98768 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, it is your cult that claims the bible is the word of god, not me. i have clearly shown it is not....
I don't claim it is the word of God so how do you see it as my cult?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98769 Aug 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget that Moses is supposed to have written his own obituary so to speak. Pretty amazing to be dead and write about it at the same time.
Who is teaching you this stuff?

Level 5

#98770 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, it is your cult that claims the bible is the word of god, not me. i have clearly shown it is not....
And my comment clearly states I don't think it is the word of God and this is the best you can come back with? lol. Go to bed

St. Croix valley

#98771 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't claim it is the word of God so how do you see it as my cult?
you spew their rhetoric pretty well. you seem to be trying to defend, unsuccessfully,(well not even that, you haven't even offered anything of usefullness but your seeming desire to belive that the bible was in some way, partly, maybe a little bit inspired by some god invented in this maybe inspired in some way book...)this cult's basic tenets...

if the bible is not the word of god, what god do you believe in? you have clearly stated you belive in a god, where did you get the information about this supposed god you so strongly beleive in?

Level 5

#98772 Aug 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure about that?
Yes I am sure of that. I don't believe something is real just because other men say it is real. I read, listen, look, experience, study and come to my own answer and decision. If I believed everything was real because someone wrote of it I would still believe in Santa and the Easter bunny to name a few.
Godlust

Chicago, IL

#98773 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are avoiding the point. God did not write the bible, did not narrate the words and did not have man take notes to write it from later. The bible is written by man from passed on words of other men and their experiences. Now I may be wrong but wasn't Moses the only one that directly talked to God and the only one to see the burning bush while he talked to him?
The brainwashing starts in the womb, "of thy womb Jesus"....Warren Jeffs said it best, "I am the Masiah"!!! And then he raped the same people he brainwashed. Smart man, rich to.....well done!!!

St. Croix valley

#98774 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said was "God did not write the bible, did not narrate the words and did not have man take notes to write it from later. The bible is written by man from passed on words of other men and their experiences. I never once said he was a God created by man. That came solely from you, not me.
The more you try to say I said something I didn't, the bigger a fool you look.
now you just clearly stated the bible is wholly and entirely the work of humans. no god involved at all.

this is just what i have been saying you have said all along. why can't you even understand what it is you, yourself say?

St. Croix valley

#98775 Aug 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And my comment clearly states I don't think it is the word of God and this is the best you can come back with? lol. Go to bed
so what god do you believe in? where did you learn about this supposed god?

Level 5

#98776 Aug 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget that Moses is supposed to have written his own obituary so to speak. Pretty amazing to be dead and write about it at the same time.
I know of people that pre-paid for their funeral, picked out their casket and vault, music, picked the speaking pastor, prepaid to have their headstone engraved and set, wrote their own obituary before they died. So I guess I don't see your point.

Level 9

#98777 Aug 25, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is teaching you this stuff?
I read it in a book. It is pretty cool. Don't know if you have heard of it, but it is called the Bible.

Level 5

#98778 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>now you just clearly stated the bible is wholly and entirely the work of humans. no god involved at all.
this is just what i have been saying you have said all along. why can't you even understand what it is you, yourself say?
Again as I said passed on information from other men, Moses being one that had talked to God and passed his experiences on. So you saying God had nothing to do with it is your words, not mine.

You want to either believe God wrote it and call it BS or you want to believe man made it all up and call it BS. You cannot put together that in some form, in some way that we don't know or understand it could have been both by Moses and his passed on information. You know they say when one wants do disbelieve he will use all means possible in his mind to back himself up, even trying to manipulate the words of others to go in his favor so he will have something to stand on.

Level 5

#98779 Aug 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so what god do you believe in? where did you learn about this supposed god?
What God do you now believe in and why do you not believe in the said God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Answer a question with a question 2 min Mechanic 511
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Mister_ E 167,448
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 6 min Phaerae 14,616
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 16 min Mister_ E 1,950
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 30 min Krypteia 29,539
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 33 min beatlesinafog 41,937
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 35 min Jennifer Renee 12,810
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 45 min Hoosier Hillbilly 9,386
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 48 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,966
More from around the web