Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
93,181 - 93,200 of 113,280 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Because God is outside of the universe and created Time it may be hard for you to grasp that he always existed and will always exist.
Why can't the universe have always existed?

If you claim something had to make the universe I can claim something had to make your god.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>religious are so fond of claiming miracles happen but none of them has the guts to cut of their arm and then pray to god to grow it back..LLL
The Bible tells us not to be so fool hearted. It says leave that to the atheist.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the statistics show that they are the most honest of minorities. They are far underrepresented in prisons as a fraction of the population. More atheists are in jobs where honesty is demanded than Christians or other theists. That they may be distrusted is only a poor reflection on the biases of Christians.
Links please and the prison population is easy, they are a minority, thus there will be less of them. How many aborigines are in out prisons? Yep not many if any.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
who said it was ONE cell?
Abiogenesis

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously haven't read the atheist post on these threads.
I've read your posts and I conclude you are in denial, have a very limited understanding of Christianity and science, are willing to lie and not at all honest. Course, I am not an atheist, so I must be right.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Links please and the prison population is easy, they are a minority, thus there will be less of them. How many aborigines are in out prisons? Yep not many if any.
No problem. It started with this study that showed a prison population of 0.2% atheists when the claimed percentage was 2%:

http://holysmoke.org/icr-pri.htm

This is a bit on the questionable side. More recently there is this study:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

It shows an even lower percentage of atheists in prison when now we know that they are roughly 5% of the population.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. It started with this study that showed a prison population of 0.2% atheists when the claimed percentage was 2%:
It shows an even lower percentage of atheists in prison when now we know that they are roughly 5% of the population.
I already said the prison population is easy, they are a minority, thus there will be less of them. How many aborigines are in our prisons? Yep not many if any. Links on the rest of your claims of 'they are the most honest of minorities' and 'more atheists are in jobs where honesty is demanded than Christians or other theists'.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sub what percent of the US is Atheist?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I already said the prison population is easy, they are a minority, thus there will be less of them. How many aborigines are in our prisons? Yep not many if any. Links on the rest of your claims of 'they are the most honest of minorities' and 'more atheists are in jobs where honesty is demanded than Christians or other theists'.
No fool. You misunderstand. The population of atheists in the U.S. is roughly 5% of the total. Therefore if there was a proportional population of them in the prison they would be 5% of the prisoners. They are a much smaller number than that.

Now atheists usually are better educated and come from better homes, so that would explain that to some extent. But underrepresented at a rate of greater than 10 times? That is really saying something.

Scientists have a high proportion of atheists. If a scientist is caught lying professionally his career is over. You can look up the statistics of atheist scientists for yourself.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Sub what percent of the US is Atheist?
The latest and most accurate study says at least 5%:

http://redcresearch.ie/wp-content/uploads/201...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The latest and most accurate study says at least 5%:
http://redcresearch.ie/wp-content/uploads/201...
The population is the US is 313,914,040. Atheist make up according to studies 5%-15% of the population in the US. Let’s use 10% as a medium. Now 10% of 313,914,040 = 31,391,404 now of that 2% are in prison = 627,828. The prison population was roughly 14 million in 2012 which would make Atheist stand at 4.48% prison population.(627,828 is 4.48% of 14,&#8201;000,&#8201;0 00).

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The population is the US is 313,914,040. Atheist make up according to studies 5%-15% of the population in the US. Let’s use 10% as a medium. Now 10% of 313,914,040 = 31,391,404 now of that 2% are in prison = 627,828. The prison population was roughly 14 million in 2012 which would make Atheist stand at 4.48% prison population.(627,828 is 4.48% of 14,000,000).

Sorry I don't know where all that other crap got in my post there at the last of the other one.

Level 7

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Native Americans make up roughly 1% of our population and roughly 1% of our prison population.

The fact remains that claims that Christians are more moral than atheists are simply wishful thinking on the part of Christians.

And fears by Christians that atheists are rampaging rape machines are merely projection of those Christians internal desires.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The population is the US is 313,914,040. Atheist make up according to studies 5%-15% of the population in the US. Let’s use 10% as a medium. Now 10% of 313,914,040 = 31,391,404 now of that 2% are in prison = 627,828. The prison population was roughly 14 million in 2012 which would make Atheist stand at 4.48% prison population.(627,828 is 4.48% of 14,&#8201;000,&#8201;0 00).
Your math is ridiculous.

Where did you get the 2% figure from? I can assure you that it is wrong. It seems that you do not know how to work with statistics.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Did you not read the articles that I linked that said atheists are 0.2% of the prison population?

I don't know where you got your seriously retarded figures from replaytime, you did not get them from my articles.

At the end of 2011 the U.S. prison population was:

0.2% of that would be about 3,000.

Your math seriously sucks.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Your math is ridiculous.
Where did you get the 2% figure from? I can assure you that it is wrong. It seems that you do not know how to work with statistics.
Uhm,,, your post of "No problem. It started with this study that showed a prison population of 0.2% atheists when the claimed percentage was 2%".

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"When 70% of the world does not believe in your God, I think that puts the onus on the Christians to prove his/her beliefs."
What? You don't really believe this?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...
A 2010 survey published in Encyclopedia Britannica found that is atheists at about 2.0%.
Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.
Sociologist Philip Schwadel found that higher levels of education are associated with increased religious participation and religious practice in daily life.
According to a 2012 report by the Pew Research Center, people describing themselves as "atheist" were 2% of the total population in the US.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_o...
According to the International Bulletin of Missionary Research, an academic journal, "about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day."
Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population
While there are more atheists than ever before as global population continually increases, the atheist percentage of the total population seem to be declining
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religi...
Sources outside of Wikipedia give differing estimates:
The CIA's World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39%(of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, atheists 2.01%
persecution. A 2006 study by researchers at the University of Minnesota involving a poll of 2,000 households in the United States found atheists to be the most distrusted of minorities,
In 2012, an article entitled Atheism in decline by Nigel Tomes declared:
In 1970 atheists (those avowing there is no God) numbered 166 million worldwide; that was almost one-in-twenty—4.5% of the globe’s population. By 2012 atheists’ number is estimated at 137 million. That’s a decline of almost 30 million. Since world population is growing, atheists’ share declined to less than one-in-fifty—under 2% in 2012. Put differently, every 24 hours there are 800 fewer atheists in the world! Atheism is in decline.
Yup 2% not 70% and normally your much more accurate what the hell are you smoking tonight? Can I get some?
Just guessing as I wrote. There are about 3 billion people in the world that follow 1 of about 2 or 3 thousand different interpretations of Christianity. There are over 7 billion humans on earth....I would guess that they don't believe in your God any more then you believe in theirs.

So the break is about 60-40 with 60 percent of the earths population atheist about your God.....my bad.

We are getting off target here. there is no need to argue the small crap....I'm saying your God does not exist, and the proof is the Bible is full of proven lies and mistakes.

A book that is the inspired word of God would not have ANY lies or discrepancies, and it IS full of them. Your only defense is to deny the facts. That's all you creationists have--denial

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
Did you not read the articles that I linked that said atheists are 0.2% of the prison population?
I don't know where you got your seriously retarded figures from replaytime, you did not get them from my articles.
At the end of 2011 the U.S. prison population was:
0.2% of that would be about 3,000.
Your math seriously sucks.
You are right. It said 1.4 million and I misread it as 14 million.

And now I am getting too tired to do all the math again lol.

But I made the mistake and I will admit it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm,,, your post of "No problem. It started with this study that showed a prison population of 0.2% atheists when the claimed percentage was 2%".
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
That was a prison population of 0.2% atheists while the population as a whole was 2% atheists.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. It said 1.4 million and I misread it as 14 million.
And now I am getting too tired to do all the math again lol.
But I made the mistake and I will admit it.
Yes it is very late.

See you tomorrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

142 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 min eleanorigby 35,118
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min Lol 15,825
Is President Obama impudent or lonesome? 12 min Message to Obama 6
Message to Obama 14 min Message to Obama 773
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min CJ Rocker 141,684
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 30 min Grace Nerissa 28,811
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 32 min Trouser Cough 39,966
Fisherman's wharf restaurant fields angry calls... 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 3
•••