Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,660)

Showing posts 93,181 - 93,200 of111,998
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>A long time ago we didn't have the scientific abilities we have now.

A long time ago most Western civilizations were controlled by religions and they kind of put a damper on some kinds of knowledge.

The earth being the center of the universe was a myth promoted by the church because God loved us and we were 'special'

Of course we now know that that wasn't the case at all.
Science knows less then 2% of the universe. Don't you agree you're a bit vain To be making the claims you do with only a 2% knowledge level.
roly poly

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Huh wrote:
I can see the almighty tzar is just a liar and moron. PROVE YOUR RELIGION AND GOD ARE REAL OR SHUT UP FREAK.
I agree, anyone claiming religion as the answer to life has the burden of proof on their shoulders. Get with it bible thumpers and show some please! Otherwise, shut up and let the people researching the origins of life do their work. You're certainly not doing anything to further your cause.
roly poly

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Science knows less then 2% of the universe. Don't you agree you're a bit vain To be making the claims you do with only a 2% knowledge level.
How do you know it's 2%?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

View this video, it is only 34 seconds long. I have seen far less damaging crashes that the person died. This guy is hit by a semi broadside, thrown back into the path of the recording vehicle he was passing and hit again. He walks away seemingly not hurt. To me that is a miracle he survived from the damage done to his car, which is half or less its normal size. The roof of the car looks to be compressed to around a foot wide. No we can say he is lucky but the odds of that luck happening the same again are astronomical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

roly poly wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know it's 2%?
I can get it down to 4% for you.

What's 96 Percent of the Universe Made Of? Astronomers Don't Know

http://www.space.com/11642-dark-matter-dark-e...
roly poly

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

replaytime wrote:
View this video, it is only 34 seconds long. I have seen far less damaging crashes that the person died. This guy is hit by a semi broadside, thrown back into the path of the recording vehicle he was passing and hit again. He walks away seemingly not hurt. To me that is a miracle he survived from the damage done to his car, which is half or less its normal size. The roof of the car looks to be compressed to around a foot wide. No we can say he is lucky but the odds of that luck happening the same again are astronomical.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
What's a miracle is such an idiot has survived for so long with such bad driving habits.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

roly poly wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a miracle is such an idiot has survived for so long with such bad driving habits.
You assume he has bad driving habits. This may have been his first accident. The road conditions may have contributed to the accident. To claim he is a bad driver then the evidence of that claim lies upon you to show that evidence.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

roly poly wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know it's 2%?
I can get it down to 4% for you.

What's 96 Percent of the Universe Made Of? Astronomers Don't Know

http://www.space.com/11642-dark-matter-dark-e...

And I see you live in TN. So in a little comparison that would be like only knowing of 2 out of the 50 states in the United states. 4% of 50 = 2. So yes there is a whole lot of the universe we know nothing about.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>When 70% of the world does not believe in your God, I think that puts the onus on the Christians to prove his/her beliefs.

However, we atheists have readily provided proofs and links to support our position, but you Christians have refused to learn about the proofs, or most often just refused to acknowledge that proofs exist.

The old 'Head In The Sand ' tactic.

Science is right, except when it conflicts with your religion....Catholics are the same way
"When 70% of the world does not believe in your God, I think that puts the onus on the Christians to prove his/her beliefs."

What? You don't really believe this?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...

A 2010 survey published in Encyclopedia Britannica found that is atheists at about 2.0%.

Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.

Sociologist Philip Schwadel found that higher levels of education are associated with increased religious participation and religious practice in daily life.

According to a 2012 report by the Pew Research Center, people describing themselves as "atheist" were 2% of the total population in the US.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_o...

According to the International Bulletin of Missionary Research, an academic journal, "about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day."

Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population

While there are more atheists than ever before as global population continually increases, the atheist percentage of the total population seem to be declining

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religi...

Sources outside of Wikipedia give differing estimates:

The CIA's World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39%(of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, atheists 2.01%

persecution. A 2006 study by researchers at the University of Minnesota involving a poll of 2,000 households in the United States found atheists to be the most distrusted of minorities,

In 2012, an article entitled Atheism in decline by Nigel Tomes declared:

In 1970 atheists (those avowing there is no God) numbered 166 million worldwide; that was almost one-in-twenty—4.5% of the globe’s population. By 2012 atheists’ number is estimated at 137 million. That’s a decline of almost 30 million. Since world population is growing, atheists’ share declined to less than one-in-fifty—under 2% in 2012. Put differently, every 24 hours there are 800 fewer atheists in the world! Atheism is in decline.

Yup 2% not 70% and normally your much more accurate what the hell are you smoking tonight? Can I get some?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Not quite correct.

The furthest back our present science works is to shortly after the expansion that we call the "Big Bang" stared.

There may have been time before the Big Bang, there may not have. We don't know right now. Time may have come from some outside source or our universe may have been much

It is not a paradox if you don't put your false conclusions in there.
So now you claim science doesn't include the Big Bang?

"The furthest back our present science works is to shortly after the expansion that we call the "Big Bang" stared. "

Funny this claim of yours, I have heard science claim that a singularity was in existence before the Big Bang. This scientific statement would seem to contradict your statement. You wouldn't be lying now would you?

Time by science rules is a paradox but you run from it because this would mean science is wrong and the Bible is correct.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
-And if you try to claim that God had to somehow create the universe then I can claim some uber-God had to create God and an Uber-Uber-God created hims and so on and so forth. Isn't it a lot more likely that the universe has always existed in some form or other?
But science is pretty clear that the universe started 13.7 billion years ago.
I know you feel now that you must retreat to an always existing universe because of the time paradox.
But science isn't following your lead.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
And lastly if you move the debate back to the start of the universe you have already conceded defeat in the evolution debate. Cosmology is a TOTALLY different subject than evolution.
I am not on the evolution debate when I'm talking about the beginning of time.

You want to go back to all life coming from one living single cell. Does that make you feel better?

You know what I really get a kick out of?
It's when evolutionist claim one set of humans (being as perfect as they were) could not have spawned the human race. But one cell could have.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

roly poly wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, anyone claiming religion as the answer to life has the burden of proof on their shoulders. Get with it bible thumpers and show some please! Otherwise, shut up and let the people researching the origins of life do their work. You're certainly not doing anything to further your cause.
Where did time come from?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

roly poly wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know it's 2%?
Good point!
I'm just using the numbers science has admitted too. It really could be far less.

They do use the 2% because with calculations their can only account for 2% of the universes mass. They don't know what the other 98% is.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not on the evolution debate when I'm talking about the beginning of time.
You want to go back to all life coming from one living single cell. Does that make you feel better?
You know what I really get a kick out of?
It's when evolutionist claim one set of humans (being as perfect as they were) could not have spawned the human race. But one cell could have.
who said it was ONE cell?
roly poly

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume he has bad driving habits. This may have been his first accident. The road conditions may have contributed to the accident. To claim he is a bad driver then the evidence of that claim lies upon you to show that evidence.
You assumed that it was a miracle he survived.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did time come from?
where did god came from?
roly poly

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point!
I'm just using the numbers science has admitted too. It really could be far less.
They do use the 2% because with calculations their can only account for 2% of the universes mass. They don't know what the other 98% is.

I agree. It probably is far less than 2%. You used that number, I was just wondering where you got it. You probably can't prove that either, but oh well. You think the Bible can prove anything more than what science has?
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"When 70% of the world does not believe in your God, I think that puts the onus on the Christians to prove his/her beliefs."
What? You don't really believe this?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...
A 2010 survey published in Encyclopedia Britannica found that is atheists at about 2.0%.
Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.
Sociologist Philip Schwadel found that higher levels of education are associated with increased religious participation and religious practice in daily life.
According to a 2012 report by the Pew Research Center, people describing themselves as "atheist" were 2% of the total population in the US.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_o...
According to the International Bulletin of Missionary Research, an academic journal, "about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day."
Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population
While there are more atheists than ever before as global population continually increases, the atheist percentage of the total population seem to be declining
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religi...
Sources outside of Wikipedia give differing estimates:
The CIA's World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39%(of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, atheists 2.01%
persecution. A 2006 study by researchers at the University of Minnesota involving a poll of 2,000 households in the United States found atheists to be the most distrusted of minorities,
In 2012, an article entitled Atheism in decline by Nigel Tomes declared:
In 1970 atheists (those avowing there is no God) numbered 166 million worldwide; that was almost one-in-twenty—4.5% of the globe’s population. By 2012 atheists’ number is estimated at 137 million. That’s a decline of almost 30 million. Since world population is growing, atheists’ share declined to less than one-in-fifty—under 2% in 2012. Put differently, every 24 hours there are 800 fewer atheists in the world! Atheism is in decline.
Yup 2% not 70% and normally your much more accurate what the hell are you smoking tonight? Can I get some?
argument from popularity proves that majority of the world is Deluded and stupid,

atheists are more Rational then religious folk,thats why small rich minority rules the world,while religious get exploited and used like pawns..
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

roly poly wrote:
<quoted text>
You assumed that it was a miracle he survived.
religious are so fond of claiming miracles happen but none of them has the guts to cut of their arm and then pray to god to grow it back..LLL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,181 - 93,200 of111,998
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••