Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
93,141 - 93,160 of 114,611 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not on the evolution debate when I'm talking about the beginning of time.
You want to go back to all life coming from one living single cell. Does that make you feel better?
You know what I really get a kick out of?
It's when evolutionist claim one set of humans (being as perfect as they were) could not have spawned the human race. But one cell could have.
who said it was ONE cell?
roly poly

Portland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume he has bad driving habits. This may have been his first accident. The road conditions may have contributed to the accident. To claim he is a bad driver then the evidence of that claim lies upon you to show that evidence.
You assumed that it was a miracle he survived.
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did time come from?
where did god came from?
roly poly

Portland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point!
I'm just using the numbers science has admitted too. It really could be far less.
They do use the 2% because with calculations their can only account for 2% of the universes mass. They don't know what the other 98% is.

I agree. It probably is far less than 2%. You used that number, I was just wondering where you got it. You probably can't prove that either, but oh well. You think the Bible can prove anything more than what science has?
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"When 70% of the world does not believe in your God, I think that puts the onus on the Christians to prove his/her beliefs."
What? You don't really believe this?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...
A 2010 survey published in Encyclopedia Britannica found that is atheists at about 2.0%.
Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.
Sociologist Philip Schwadel found that higher levels of education are associated with increased religious participation and religious practice in daily life.
According to a 2012 report by the Pew Research Center, people describing themselves as "atheist" were 2% of the total population in the US.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_o...
According to the International Bulletin of Missionary Research, an academic journal, "about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day."
Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population
While there are more atheists than ever before as global population continually increases, the atheist percentage of the total population seem to be declining
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religi...
Sources outside of Wikipedia give differing estimates:
The CIA's World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.39%(of which Roman Catholic 16.85%, Protestant 6.15%, Orthodox 3.96%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.74%, Hindu 13.8%, Buddhist 6.77%, Sikh 0.35%, Jewish 0.22%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 10.95%, atheists 2.01%
persecution. A 2006 study by researchers at the University of Minnesota involving a poll of 2,000 households in the United States found atheists to be the most distrusted of minorities,
In 2012, an article entitled Atheism in decline by Nigel Tomes declared:
In 1970 atheists (those avowing there is no God) numbered 166 million worldwide; that was almost one-in-twenty—4.5% of the globe’s population. By 2012 atheists’ number is estimated at 137 million. That’s a decline of almost 30 million. Since world population is growing, atheists’ share declined to less than one-in-fifty—under 2% in 2012. Put differently, every 24 hours there are 800 fewer atheists in the world! Atheism is in decline.
Yup 2% not 70% and normally your much more accurate what the hell are you smoking tonight? Can I get some?
argument from popularity proves that majority of the world is Deluded and stupid,

atheists are more Rational then religious folk,thats why small rich minority rules the world,while religious get exploited and used like pawns..
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

roly poly wrote:
<quoted text>
You assumed that it was a miracle he survived.
religious are so fond of claiming miracles happen but none of them has the guts to cut of their arm and then pray to god to grow it back..LLL

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you say that. It comes from a site you posted. The link you provided of the Self contradictions in the bible also has that information on it.
http://etb-agnosticism.blogspot.com/
Just like there is a large range of what people call Christians there is a large range of people that call themselves atheists. I am betting that most do not actively deny the existence of god. Most have the logical view that without evidence for something there is no reason to believe in it. There is a big difference between denying the existence of god and merely not believing in god. Most atheists that I know of are of the latter sort. They would, if there was evidence provided, believe in a god. But no theist has ever provided any real evidence for a god.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>who said it was ONE cell?
Evolution.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"When 70% of the world does not believe in your God, I think that puts the onus on the Christians to prove his/her beliefs."
What? You don't really believe this?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#sectio...
A 2010 survey published in Encyclopedia Britannica found that is atheists at about 2.0%.
Here is your error. He said 705 of the world does not believe in YOUR god. You made the mistake of assuming that anyone who believes in god believes in yours. Second, you know that Encyclopedia Britanica articleis terribly wrong. The number of atheists in the world puts the worldwide figure at close to 15%.
Another study assessing religiosity among scientists who are members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science found that "just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power.
Sociologist Philip Schwadel found that higher levels of education are associated with increased religious participation and religious practice in daily life.
According to a 2012 report by the Pew Research Center, people describing themselves as "atheist" were 2% of the total population in the US.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_o...
According to the International Bulletin of Missionary Research, an academic journal, "about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day."
Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population
While there are more atheists than ever before as global population continually increases, the atheist percentage of the total population seem to be declining
And that last sentence is wrong. Again, the number of atheists in the world is clearly increasing.

Worse yet, you did include a bit that said that atheists are the most distrusted of minorities in the U.S., and yet the statistics show that they are the most honest of minorities. They are far underrepresented in prisons as a fraction of the population. More atheists are in jobs where honesty is demanded than Christians or other theists. That they may be distrusted is only a poor reflection on the biases of Christians.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>where did god came from?
Because God is outside of the universe and created Time it may be hard for you to grasp that he always existed and will always exist.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not on the evolution debate when I'm talking about the beginning of time.
You want to go back to all life coming from one living single cell. Does that make you feel better?
You know what I really get a kick out of?
It's when evolutionist claim one set of humans (being as perfect as they were) could not have spawned the human race. But one cell could have.
That is because you do not understand biology. Your idiocy is not my problem.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did time come from?
Why do you want to know tard?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

roly poly wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. It probably is far less than 2%. You used that number, I was just wondering where you got it. You probably can't prove that either, but oh well. You think the Bible can prove anything more than what science has?
Science is a line of study that is trying to understand what God created and how it works. It should not be so bold to exclaim that there is no God. Only a fool would make such unsubstantiated claim.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
But science is pretty clear that the universe started 13.7 billion years ago.
I know you feel now that you must retreat to an always existing universe because of the time paradox.
But science isn't following your lead.
No, it isn't.

You have no idea what is believe by scientists.

Here is about a 5 minute long video that simplifies the Big Bang enough so that even a tard can understand what is believed right now:

&fe ature=c4-overview&list=UUU HW94eEFW7hkUMVaZz4eDg

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>argument from popularity proves that majority of the world is Deluded and stupid,

atheists are more Rational then religious folk,thats why small rich minority rules the world,while religious get exploited and used like pawns..
You obviously haven't read the atheist post on these threads.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Because God is outside of the universe and created Time it may be hard for you to grasp that he always existed and will always exist.
Why can't the universe have always existed?

If you claim something had to make the universe I can claim something had to make your god.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>religious are so fond of claiming miracles happen but none of them has the guts to cut of their arm and then pray to god to grow it back..LLL
The Bible tells us not to be so fool hearted. It says leave that to the atheist.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the statistics show that they are the most honest of minorities. They are far underrepresented in prisons as a fraction of the population. More atheists are in jobs where honesty is demanded than Christians or other theists. That they may be distrusted is only a poor reflection on the biases of Christians.
Links please and the prison population is easy, they are a minority, thus there will be less of them. How many aborigines are in out prisons? Yep not many if any.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
who said it was ONE cell?
Abiogenesis

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously haven't read the atheist post on these threads.
I've read your posts and I conclude you are in denial, have a very limited understanding of Christianity and science, are willing to lie and not at all honest. Course, I am not an atheist, so I must be right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••