Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#98529 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me your proof that God did not create a mature earth.
Show me your proof of what is incorrect in the Bible.
What does it matter? If God created a mature earth it would still be four and a half billion years old and evolution would still be the best explanation for the diversity of life on earth and Noah's Flood and Adam and Eve would still be myths and snakes and rocks and trees still wouldn't talk.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#98530 Aug 24, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Well hello, lots of familiar faces here.
:)
Hello Susan.

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#98531 Aug 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I be leave you , now create something to prove it's true! OR will you be leaving?
So far this year there have been roughly 90 million people created from their parents.

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98532 Aug 24, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Well hello, lots of familiar faces here.
:)
Hello Susan.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#98533 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So far this year there have been roughly 90 million people created from their parents.
Procreation is not to be confused with CREATION!

Level 5

#98534 Aug 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Procreation is not to be confused with CREATION!
Medical Dictionary (notice 2)

procreate pro·cre·ate (pr&#333;'kr&#275;- &#257;t')
v. pro·cre·at·ed , pro·cre·at·ing , pro·cre·ates

1. To beget and conceive offspring; to reproduce.

2. To produce or create; originate.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/procre...
drink The hive

Anonymous Proxy

#98535 Aug 24, 2013
Hasid Who Allegedly Molested Elderly Man In Hospital Asks Victim, "Are U Jewish?" - Before Molesting Him
The Elderly Victim Answered…

"Atheist."

NY Daily News Report'...

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/happy-jewish-g...
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98536 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't a cop out idiot. It was an honest answer.

As a lying creatard I know that you are not used to honesty.
You claim you don't know but it can't be bla bla bla. Why? No prove only admitting you don't know how and still so adamant that it could not be God.

You must at this point agree that time does look like an impossibility form the science view point.

And then the usual closing snide comment. So classy, sometimes it gets pretty hard to tell the difference between you and booby
Level 1

Location hidden

#98537 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You have yet to name one "real obstacle".
Time
Level 1

Location hidden

#98538 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.

The burden of proof is upon the person making the positive claim.

You seem to be claiming that God made a "mature earth", whatever that is supposed to be. To me it seems you are implying that your god is a lying god.

You have been shown what was wrong in the Bible. You did not address any of it except to deny it. Once again, if you can't fight evidence with evidence of your own you lose.

Again, a site with over 400 contradictions in the Bible:

http://www.bibviz.com/
"The burden of proof is upon the person making the positive claim."

Yup that's why I'm asking for proof that it could not be that God created a mature earth and universe. He claimed he didn't. A positive assertion.
Against a possibility.

There is nothing wrong with the bible.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#98539 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Medical Dictionary (notice 2)
procreate pro·cre·ate (pr&#333;'kr&#275;- &#257;t')
v. pro·cre·at·ed , pro·cre·at·ing , pro·cre·ates
1. To beget and conceive offspring; to reproduce.
2. To produce or create; originate.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/procre...
Exactly, procreation is not the same as creationism.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98540 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Time is not evidence for or against god.
Other then the fact is in no way can science explain it.

It cannot pop into existence without breaking the laws of phthisic's
Unless it was created before the laws of physic's.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98541 Aug 24, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Most regular people on earth and most scientists believe the world/universe to be Billions of years old.

You come to me and say, "the earth/universe is only 6,000 (or whatever) years old"

I say to you, Bulsh!t....that's crazy, you can't prove that.

"where's the bee' umm. err..where's the proof???"

[QUOTE]Show me your proof of what is incorrect in the Bible."

That 'short' proofs have been shown many many times on this forum. I believe I gave you a healthy list of science sites myself, not long ago.

The proofs have to be read on a science site, and you have to make a commitment to learn because the information is VERY long and VERY involved. I've spent years learning it.

However, you being a creationist and all, I know you will never learn any of it because you want to preserve your precious ignorance.
"Most regular people on earth and most scientists believe the world/universe to be Billions of years old."

A long long time ago people believed the earth was the center of the universe.

So all this means is a lot if people are wrong.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98542 Aug 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, procreation is not the same as creationism.
Is fire alive?

Level 5

#98543 Aug 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly, procreation is not the same as creationism.
Never said it was. I said almost 90 million people where created from their parents that where born today
Mary

Allentown, PA

#98544 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting live graph, thanks for posting this.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98545 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim you don't know but it can't be bla bla bla. Why? No prove only admitting you don't know how and still so adamant that it could not be God.
You must at this point agree that time does look like an impossibility form the science view point.
And then the usual closing snide comment. So classy, sometimes it gets pretty hard to tell the difference between you and booby
Idiot, I have never said that it cannot be God. There is no valid reason to believe it was started by God. I will leave it as an exercise for you to figure out why.

No, time does not look like an impossibility. You must have your head firmly stuck up your rectum today. Why do you keep making such idiotic statements?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98546 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"The burden of proof is upon the person making the positive claim."
Yup that's why I'm asking for proof that it could not be that God created a mature earth and universe. He claimed he didn't. A positive assertion.
Against a possibility.
There is nothing wrong with the bible.
Idiot, did you notice the word "not" in your rrequest? The wrod "not" is a negative. That would make that a .... come on, your brain can figure it out if you try hard enough..

By the way who claimed "he" didn't?

I have always wondered why creationists believe in a lying god, or is there some reason that the Earth is made to look like it is billions of years old?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98547 Aug 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly, procreation is not the same as creationism.
I think that replaytime may have noticed that all of the other creatards are idiots and he is practicing being one.

Level 5

#98548 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, did you notice the word "not" in your rrequest? The wrod "not" is a negative. That would make that a .... come on, your brain can figure it out if you try hard enough..
By the way who claimed "he" didn't?
I have always wondered why creationists believe in a lying god, or is there some reason that the Earth is made to look like it is billions of years old?
When Christians and atheists debate the question "Does God exist?" atheists usually assert that the entire burden of proof rests on the Christian. This is not true. As Christian philosopher William Lane Craig has stated, when an interrogative (such as Does God exist?) is debated each side must shoulder the burden of proof. This is unlike debating a proposition such as "God does exist," where the burden of proof rests entirely with the affirmative side. It follows then that when debating the question of God's existence, both the Christian and the atheist are obligated to provide support for their position. The Christian should insist that the atheist provide proof as to God's alleged nonexistence. That puts the atheist into a logical bind.

Craig may be technically correct, assuming that both sides agree upon the meaning of "God." The atheist who denies this proposition is saying that a being with all the qualities that define God does not, in all probability, exist. That's a positive statement about the real world. Among other things, it implies that no matter where we look we will never find God. Evidence is needed. We might call this the "strong" or "assertive" position for atheism. The theist, of course, is saying that there is good evidence that such a being exists. Again, that's a positive statement requiring support. In Craig's example both sides have a burden of proof, though not necessarily equal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 2 min Judy 123 1,082
Is it possible to....... 2 min AliceBlue 557
A New Alphabet Game (Mar '09) 4 min Wolftracks 4,121
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 5 min Judy 123 2,949
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 7 min Judy 123 4,239
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 8 min Will Dockery 24,104
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 10 min Judy 123 25,597
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 20 min Wolftracks 130
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 28 min quetzalcoatl 152,471
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 40 min Sublime1 274