Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,655)

Showing posts 93,081 - 93,100 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Godlust

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. Bohart's fallacy is ad-hom followed by straw-man. He is never able to address the content of our posts, he rants at us, runs away when he's picked apart like a cooked fish, then he comes back and asserts the same fallacies all over again.
So pointing out that he's a lying for Jesus troll is not ad-hom when it is merely an accurate description.
Aint life grand? How about all those religious wackjobs killing each other....for what? They told them from burth God is great or ally okbar...? Anyway, God does have a plan...for population control. With each disease wipe off the earth God creates chaos by creating relogious wars//////ALLY OKBAR!!!!!!!!!!
drinK the hiVe

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Reporting Is Plan 'B' If My Renegade Regime Of Communist Loyalist' Fails...

http://www.plp.org/storage/post-images/fist.g...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
conservative crapola

Matawan, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

While there is a good case for evolution, no one has conclusively DISPROVED creationism. Let's face it, no one really knows for sure and as complex and little understood as our universe is, we may never know.
Gm man

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

conservative crapola wrote:
While there is a good case for evolution, no one has conclusively DISPROVED creationism. Let's face it, no one really knows for sure and as complex and little understood as our universe is, we may never know.
The Bible is a story brought to life and evolution is a theory...simple. They put "limits" on the human animal to control and munipulate its world. Not hard to do. Look around genius..how intelligent would a race of starriders need to be to fool the human animal.....not at all. Religion and evolution are living proof.........think!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

There are several ways that creationism has been disproved. Unless you want to claim almost an endless series of miracles. The fact that there are no observable population bottlenecks in all of the species of the world alone disproves it.

Science cannot absolutely prove an idea right, It can prove an idea wrong.

I suppose that you could use the omphalos argument, but the universe being created last Tuesday or Wednesday does no one any good at all.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Enough of the bible is disproven to cast a bad light on the whole of it.

The stuff that we can PROVE is wrong in the Bible is, to me, conclusive evidence of it all being a book of myths.

All the supernatural stuff going on in Genesis and Exodus is total provable myth. It fooled the early converts, and it continues to make suckers of people today

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

TIPI wrote:
<quoted text>The oldest living tree is said to have 12000 years of ring information. Could a tree form more than one ring per year in some instances?
The record-holders for individual, non-clonal trees may be the Great Basin bristlecone pine trees from California and Nevada, in the United States. Through tree-ring cross-referencing, they have been shown to be more than 5,000 years old.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Dr_Seuss wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder why dogs would want to be monkey's. Maybe so they can catch cats up a tree easier, since dogs can't climb trees ???
The "they want to be monkeys" is directed at the Atheist.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Well it seems you have no proof, so we can safely say that the earth is over 4 billion years old, and the 6,000 to 10,000 year old creation event never happened.

Therefore evolution is true and you now know that your cult lied to you.
Wow that escalated fast.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow that escalated fast.
Got tired of waiting.:-)

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Got tired of waiting.:-)
Tell you what, if you can prove time was not created then I let you rest in peace.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Time is so odd when you think of it.
Our Sun is aging so slowly compared to Pluto and just keeps right on going and some how nothing gets out of whack with all different speeds of time just in our solar system alone.
Rather strange thing this Time is.

How fast do you think time can get?

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, if you can prove time was not created then I let you rest in peace.
This has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

I'm here saying that your world-view is measurably wrong. The very foundation of the Christian religion is totally under attack, and you ARE losing the battle.

Science has totally disproven your version of the beginning of our world/universe. It has disproven your version of the beginnings of humanity (Adam/Eve), it has disproven your 'Flood', it has disproven your idea of how the different languages came about, it has also completely disproven the Hebrew diaspora out of Egypt.

These are important foundational myths of the Jewish and Christian people. They are attempts to establish the Judeo-Christian God as real and the supreme and only God of this planet and universe.

When the stories are proven to be myths (and they are); where does this leave the Judeo-Christian religion?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

What are the last four starting at humans going back that are in the evolution line?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Still waiting on an answer to my last post and yes there will be more questions that follow.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

replaytime wrote:
Still waiting on an answer to my last post and yes there will be more questions that follow.
I would give it a shot but your question is rather unclear.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I would give it a shot but your question is rather unclear.
Starting from us, going backwards. What are the next four species/forms that came before us?
BillCooperWasRig ht

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

replaytime wrote:
What are the last four starting at humans going back that are in the evolution line?
Try restating your question, and maybe someone might be able to answer it.

Just sayin...

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

replaytime wrote:
Go to one of many sources:

humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/dating

humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-evolution-...

humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/behavior

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting from us, going backwards. What are the next four species/forms that came before us?
It is hard to say since at times there was more than one species of hominids in existence.

Without actual DNA from the various species it is very difficult to reconstruct the exact line of our descent.

But I will try. Probably Homo heidlebergenis, Home erectus, Homo habilis, and Australopithecs garhi.

Now I could have easily missed a step or two. This is not a definitive answer.

Source:

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-evo...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,081 - 93,100 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••