Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195607 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#98508 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm here saying that your world-view is measurably wrong. The very foundation of the Christian religion is totally under attack, and you ARE losing the battle."
You can say all you want. That doesn't make it fact.
The Bible is the word of God and none of its been proven wrong.
Your claim on the age of everything does not make it correct either.
I'm not saying this is what happened but something you don't even consider is
God made all the animal mature and God mad man and woman mature what makes you think he didn't make the universe and earth mature also?
You can say all you want. That doesn't make it fact.
I am just relaying the truth to you my friend. The science behind what I tell you is real and true and you have been exposed to it many many times on this forum. You're denial doesn't make it any less true and you know it.
The Bible is the word of God and none of its been proven wrong.
You are wrong twice in that statement. Much of it HAS been shown to be wrong, and something with that many lies/falsehoods in it is not the work of a real God.
Your claim on the age of everything does not make it correct either.
Age dating has been around since at least the 1950's and just keeps getting more and more precise. We now have over 40 different methods of dating, and nowadays artifacts are generally dated by more than one method. Also calibration has shown them to match each other, and there are international standards regulating dating methodology. There are no questions today whether the science is right or wrong....it is known to be right, and the only ones who doubt it are certain religious fanatics.
I'm not saying this is what happened but something you don't even consider is God made all the animal mature and God mad man and woman mature what makes you think he didn't make the universe and earth mature also?
Now you are grasping at very old straws my friend.

Of all the stuff I originally listed from the Old Testament that started this debate....all but one are deal breakers for Christianity. Any ONE of them proven wrong by science invalidates the whole religion. No need to argue the small details of DNA, archaeology, morphology, alleles, or any of the things that get everyone bogged down in minutia and leads nowhere.

Well, they are ALL proven wrong, and only the American religious fanatics doubt it.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#98509 Aug 24, 2013
Sorry admin I just had to fix the problems in the first post. I'm still learning.

My proofreading is atrocious.
conservative crapola

Matawan, NJ

#98510 Aug 24, 2013
no one can definitively prove that creationism is not possible
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98513 Aug 24, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Why is proof for math and not for science when science uses math in all it does but requires no proof.
Because science is more of a dance then anything. Watch science two step around all the real obstacles in their theory's.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98514 Aug 24, 2013
Huh wrote:
I can see the almighty tzar is just a liar and moron. PROVE YOUR RELIGION AND GOD ARE REAL OR SHUT UP FREAK.
Time.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98515 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>A question that cannot be answered right now is not evidence for god.

If you were in a math class and someone asked you a mathematical question that you could not do yet would that be evidence for God?

I hope you would answer no to that.

There is such a thing as a "stupid question". When you ask a question and are assuming that it proves something that it does not I would call that a "stupid question".

The correct answer is "we don't know yet." There is nothing wrong with that answer. It is honest. It is as complete as we can make it right now. And it does not imply the existence or non-existence of God in any way.
"A question that cannot be answered right now is not evidence for god."

Not being able to answer a question and Impossibility are two different things.

Your Cop out fails.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98516 Aug 24, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>You say:
[QUOTE]“You can say all you want. That doesn't make it fact.”"

I am just relaying the truth to you my friend. The science behind what I tell you is real and true and you have been exposed to it many many times on this forum. You're denial doesn't make it any less true and you know it.

You write:
[QUOTE]“The Bible is the word of God and none of its been proven wrong.”"

You are wrong twice in that statement. Much of it HAS been shown to be wrong, and something with that many lies/falsehoods in it is not the work of a real God.

You write:
[QUOTE]“Your claim on the age of everything does not make it correct either.”[QUOTE]

Age dating has been around since at least the 1950's and just keeps getting more and more precise. We now have over 40 different methods of dating, and nowadays artifacts are generally dated by more than one method. Also calibration has shown them to match each other, and there are international standards regulating dating methodology. There are no questions today whether the science is right or wrong....it is known to be right, and the only ones who doubt it are certain religious fanatics.

You write:
[QUOTE]“I'm not saying this is what happened but something you don't even consider is God made all the animal mature and God mad man and woman mature what makes you think he didn't make the universe and earth mature also?"

Now you are grasping at very old straws my friend.

Of all the stuff I originally listed from the Old Testament that started this debate....all but one are deal breakers for Christianity. Any ONE of them proven wrong by science invalidates the whole religion. No need to argue the small details of DNA, archaeology, morphology, alleles, or any of the things that get everyone bogged down in minutia and leads nowhere.

Well, they are ALL proven wrong, and only the American religious fanatics doubt it.
Show me your proof that God did not create a mature earth.

Show me your proof of what is incorrect in the Bible.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98518 Aug 24, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Sorry admin I just had to fix the problems in the first post. I'm still learning.

My proofreading is atrocious.
I see.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98519 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"A question that cannot be answered right now is not evidence for god."
Not being able to answer a question and Impossibility are two different things.
Your Cop out fails.
It wasn't a cop out idiot. It was an honest answer.

As a lying creatard I know that you are not used to honesty.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98520 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Because science is more of a dance then anything. Watch science two step around all the real obstacles in their theory's.
You have yet to name one "real obstacle".

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98521 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.

The burden of proof is upon the person making the positive claim.

You seem to be claiming that God made a "mature earth", whatever that is supposed to be. To me it seems you are implying that your god is a lying god.

You have been shown what was wrong in the Bible. You did not address any of it except to deny it. Once again, if you can't fight evidence with evidence of your own you lose.

Again, a site with over 400 contradictions in the Bible:

http://www.bibviz.com/

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98522 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Taterr wrote:
<quoted text>
Time.
Time is not evidence for or against god.

“No such thing as ABIODARWINISM”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

No ABIODARWINISTS either!

#98523 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
Unfortunately, that does not appear to be true.

Level 9

#98524 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just his tell for "I have nothing".

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98525 Aug 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
To be more precise no theist has yet shown how time can be evidence for a god. No atheist has shown how time can be evidence against a god.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#98526 Aug 24, 2013
Well hello, lots of familiar faces here.

:)

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#98527 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Most regular people on earth and most scientists believe the world/universe to be Billions of years old.

You come to me and say, "the earth/universe is only 6,000 (or whatever) years old"

I say to you, Bulsh!t....that's crazy, you can't prove that.

"where's the bee' umm. err..where's the proof???"
That 'short' proofs have been shown many many times on this forum. I believe I gave you a healthy list of science sites myself, not long ago.

The proofs have to be read on a science site, and you have to make a commitment to learn because the information is VERY long and VERY involved. I've spent years learning it.

However, you being a creationist and all, I know you will never learn any of it because you want to preserve your precious ignorance.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#98528 Aug 24, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
no one can definitively prove that creationism is not possible
I be leave you , now create something to prove it's true! OR will you be leaving?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#98529 Aug 24, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter? If God created a mature earth it would still be four and a half billion years old and evolution would still be the best explanation for the diversity of life on earth and Noah's Flood and Adam and Eve would still be myths and snakes and rocks and trees still wouldn't talk.

Level 9

#98530 Aug 24, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Well hello, lots of familiar faces here.
:)
Hello Susan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Ohio Roller Coaster Breaks 10 World Records 10 min Bryan Fischer s H... 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min wichita-rick 189,505
News 'Jesus' arrested in Apple store; his cross was ... 12 min Bryan Fischer s H... 7
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 22 min Justine 2,241
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 28 min Princess Hey 12,886
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 29 min Princess Hey 10,845
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 30 min Princess Hey 2,537
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 34 min TheJerseyDevil 5,346
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Dont_You_Dare 144,160
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 2 hr Dont_You_Dare 2,075
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 hr wichita-rick 17,162
More from around the web