Evolution vs. Creation

There are 163810 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#98405 Aug 22, 2013
TIPI wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think Obama dropped the ball by not supporting the democratically elected government in Egypt? Many people in England and America do not like their leaders, but they do not support a military strong man who wants to take them out, they simply vote in the next election and hope for the best. What are your thoughts?
What if that democratically elected govt is working outside the constitution to destroy any chance an opposition might have had in the next election cycle as well as actively fomenting violence against a religious minority and seeking to disenfranchise them as well as remove them from any positions of responsibility in government?

Still think we should support them?

Every question in the ME is invariably a hornet's nest of complications and what administration has ever NOT dropped the ball dealing with the ME?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98406 Aug 22, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you are a proven liar
Funny, since you are a known liar. However we ARE all the product of chemistry. Only way to avoid that is to be a reality denier.
TIPI

Dayton, OH

#98407 Aug 22, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What if that democratically elected govt is working outside the constitution to destroy any chance an opposition might have had in the next election cycle as well as actively fomenting violence against a religious minority and seeking to disenfranchise them as well as remove them from any positions of responsibility in government?
Still think we should support them?
Every question in the ME is invariably a hornet's nest of complications and what administration has ever NOT dropped the ball dealing with the ME?
The hope that Democracy will give the people a chance to get out of such a violent leadership may be considered to be a false position but the hardships America suffered for its constitution has paid off for over 200 hundred years now. What do you think?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#98408 Aug 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are only telling halve truths. Yes while many Christians believe in evolution they hold strong that evolution is only possible because God, who created life made evolution possible.
That's perfectly acceptable.
As an agnostic, I have no desire to destroy anyone's faith.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98409 Aug 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
You claim that evolution and abiogenesis are separate
... fields of science.
replaytime wrote:
and that evolution does not say there is not a God that may have created life but in 98.9% of your comments you show that you don't believe in God
Which has zero bearing on the validity of evolution either way.
replaytime wrote:
and that we all came from the same muddy soup(like this one you think we all came from the muddy soup).
All life is related, right. Whether abio was muddy, wet or something else is unclear, but it was certainly a chemical process.
replaytime wrote:
You talk in two tongues and then expect people to take what you say serious. Can you see why many don't?
We can see that many people who don't know or care about science don't take anything seriously if it doesn't jibe with their baseless religious opinions. It still has no bearing at all whatsoever on the validity of science.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98410 Aug 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I see in your comment you used "kind". Explain what you mean by kind and define it.
We don't need to. That's YOUR job.

Is a daffodil a "kind" of narcissus?

Or is it a "kind" of Amaryllidoideae?

Or is it a "kind" of Amaryllidaceae?

Or is it a "kind" of Asparagales?

Or is it a "kind" of Monocot?

Or is it a "kind" of Angiosperm?

Or is it a "kind" of Plant?

Or is it a "kind" of Archaeplastid?

Or is it a "kind" of Eukaryote?

Or is it a "kind" of something else entirely since nothing of what I just mentioned is relevant anyway since it's all based around the atheistic lies of Satan's puppet Darwin?

WHAT SAYEST THOU???

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#98411 Aug 22, 2013
TIPI wrote:
<quoted text>The hope that Democracy will give the people a chance to get out of such a violent leadership may be considered to be a false position but the hardships America suffered for its constitution has paid off for over 200 hundred years now. What do you think?
I once believed that democracy was a universally applicable system.

I now believe, with misgivings, that it requires a compatible cultural base to succeed and I see no evidence that this base exists in this region or can be made compatible with Islam.

Perhaps in some distant future when Islam has withered as a force, democracy can work in places like Egypt. Never mind 200 years of the USA. Think of the preceding millennium from the Magna Carta to the disintegration of the catholic monopoly to the emergence of empirical rationalism and then allow that the Islamic world has not experienced this tradition and finds our way of thinking more alien than we realise.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98412 Aug 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I see in your comment you used "kind". Explain what you mean by kind and define it.
Don't be a moron.

You have no excuse.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98413 Aug 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry bud but you are the one that is clueless this time.
Wrong, Like I said, such a shame. Or perhaps you are merely lying.

You have constantly shown that you are not the most honest of posters. Which would mean that Dan was right.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#98414 Aug 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, that is not "26 different definitions for the word 'species'". Those have 26 different prefixes. The word "species" is part of a phrase, it is not 26 different definitions.
They get dumber every day.
'Blissful Ignorance' is their ultimate goal, so getting dumber every day means they're on track

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#98415 Aug 22, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
If the flood actually did happen, then wouldn't all the fresh water fish have died from exposure to salt water?
And how did all the marsupials know that after they got off the boat that they were suppose to go to Australia?
Everything would have died. A flood of such proportions would have wiped out the planet to an extent that it would have taken another few million years to recuperate.
spOko

Oakland, CA

#98416 Aug 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are only telling halve truths. Yes while many Christians believe in evolution they hold strong that evolution is only possible because God, who created life made evolution possible.
Your age old argument is an ambiguity or, more specifically, an "appeal to ignorance"!
The burden of proof is on those who claim god(s) exist. Since there is no proof of the existence of god(s) which is NOT subjective, then it is up to those who claim god(s) exists to provide proof. We do know that thus far no test has proven the EXISTENCE of god. That's why the burden of proof is on those who wish to prove the existence of god(s).
Eventually one should come around to understanding that belief in god(s) is, simply, belief and beliefs arenít facts! If it works for you, go with it. After all, if that's what you believe, there's no point in denying it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98417 Aug 22, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything would have died. A flood of such proportions would have wiped out the planet to an extent that it would have taken another few million years to recuperate.
Few billion, at least.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98418 Aug 22, 2013
Dr_Seuss wrote:
Monkey's our ancestors ? What is wrong with this picture ?
They think that makes them smart.

It's been proven that dogs are much smarter then monkeys.

Yet they want to be monkeys........

Go Figure!
Level 1

Location hidden

#98419 Aug 22, 2013
Justy_unplugged wrote:
Sucks ya have to die to be 'sure'
Sucks that once your dead you will find out.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98420 Aug 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Come on, how do we know that the Earth is less than 10,000 years old?
You count the birthday candles on the cake.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98421 Aug 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Well, tell me how you or your compadres can prove the earth is less than 10,000 years ago.
The truth?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#98422 Aug 22, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're dead you don't find out, the living however...do.
Then they discuss what to do with the remains.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#98423 Aug 22, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't find out anything when you die....'cuz you are dead. the end of your existence.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#98424 Aug 22, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth?
Verifiable evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 7 min beatlesinafog 5,460
The Song Title Game (Jul '10) 11 min beatlesinafog 15,605
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 14 min Hoosier Hillbilly 8,627
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 25 min beatlesinafog 140,443
*Sad music/sad themes Thread* 34 min Wolftracks 175
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 39 min Hoosier Hillbilly 40,677
Things that make life eaiser... 40 min Parden Pard 591
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr I Am No One_ 162,834
Poll Middle East Solutions 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 26
News Cremains wash up on Scotland shoreline and you ... 9 hr Crystal_Clear722 5
More from around the web