Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98315 Aug 21, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"The act of creation would need time also under your rules"
Incorrect. Time was created by God outside (because it didn't exist yet) our universe. God is not held to the law of Physics that he creates for the universe.
Yeah, that's what I said - you're a hypocrite.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98316 Aug 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! Let me guess the paranoid Dan the stalker thinks I must be bohart too?
Nah, even you ain't that dim. You're just highly obnoxious.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#98317 Aug 21, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its probably correct. Since plants and animals share a eukaryote ancestor and that ancestor probably had chloroplasts and could photosynthesise then at least technically animals would have evolved from plants! But its not like a daffodil suddenly sprouted a mouth and legs.
I recognize your point, but it isn't his sequence of events that I doubt, but the number of steps missing that is implied in his version of the sequence. As you say, it wasn't one leap from daffodil to fish, or amphibian or even insect. I admit though that my post was lacking in detail along the lines you mention.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#98318 Aug 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too much thought is needed.
Is it paranoia, when it is true?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98319 Aug 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
In physics, spacetime (also space–time, space time or space–time continuum) is any mathematical model that combines space and time into a single continuum.Spacetime is usually interpreted with space as existing in three dimensions and time playing the role of a fourth dimension that is of a different sort from the spatial dimensions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime
Indeed, still an integral characteristic of spacetime.
replaytime wrote:
You think Jupiter is habitable?
Barring an unnoticed typo, that is the complete opposite of what I said.
replaytime wrote:
A gas planet with a toxic atmosphere. What do you think does or could inhabit it?
Currently there's no evidence anything does, and it would be unlikely. Although it, or other planets like it could potentially be habitable for certain forms of extremophiles.
replaytime wrote:
You don't think Jupiter is in outer space? Well then you must not be sane,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_space
Yes, it's in space, where as you described it AS space. Typo on your part, I'm sure.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98320 Aug 21, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Tater Salad to you bub.
"The evidence of marine animals that has been found could only be created by immense, recent, oceanic tidal waves. If the floods across North America were caused by ice-domed lakes, they would have washed away all evidence of these whale bones and other marine materials; none of the floods would reach Mexico or the Bahamas."
This is bad, it takes none of the actual flood events into account.
The fountains of the deep erupting.
The raising up the land and lowering the ocean floors.
We have taken that into account. The reason there is no evidence for the flood is either because it never happened or Goddidit with magic. Evidence is irrelevant to the latter position.

Which is yours.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98322 Aug 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Far as I know there is no missing link ..oh wait ..that's yesterday's theory ..the new one is common ancestors.
There is no evidence of evolution ..between species ..
Man is man..always was man ..created by God as man ..
Plenty of evidence:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

You guys haven't been able to address the theory for 150 years, no reason you should now.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98323 Aug 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..
They have to accuse .
Just like their theories that change with each generation ..big bang..big sludge pond
Let's not forget ..Global warming
Why do you hate kittens?

:-(
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98324 Aug 21, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great, but where did the original fish come from? God didn't put them there and neither did man. It's okay to say you don't know. Scientists do that all the time.
Land changes, gets flooded, and leaves aquatic animals stranded in lakes and ponds. Barring recent artificial introduction this is why you'll only get certain animals in certain places.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98325 Aug 21, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 3 BIG Myths:
1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.
2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.
3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.
And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.
"SNAP"
Wow.

You managed to characterise all three incorrectly.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#98326 Aug 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! Let me guess the paranoid Dan the stalker thinks I must be bohart too? Playing that card is getting old. Besides bohart has been around since 2008, about 4 1/2 years before I even started coning here. But I think it is funny he thinks when someone new comes in the room it must be me.
Paranoia: noun;
1. a mental disorder characterized by systematized delusions and the projection of personal conflicts, which are ascribed to the supposed hostility of others, sometimes progressing to disturbances of consciousness and aggressive acts believed to be performed in self-defense or as a mission.
2. baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

#98327 Aug 21, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-b5aW08ivHUXX
Be careful imagine. Ole Paranoid will think you and I are the same person too. lol
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#98328 Aug 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful imagine. Ole Paranoid will think you and I are the same person too. lol
No doubt..lol

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98329 Aug 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So a night of sleep did not clear the cobwebs from your head.

Too bad.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

#98330 Aug 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>So a night of sleep did not clear the cobwebs from your head.
Too bad.
I never had cobwebs in my head. But ole paranoids last comment should clear the cobwebs out of yours.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

#98331 Aug 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, even you ain't that dim. You're just highly obnoxious.
Lol. I try to be sometimes :-)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98332 Aug 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I never had cobwebs in my head. But ole paranoids last comment should clear the cobwebs out of yours.
Yes you did, go back and look at the posts being discussed. If you don't see your mistake you either had cobwebs in your head, or horror or horrors for you, Dan Was Right!

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

#98333 Aug 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did, go back and look at the posts being discussed. If you don't see your mistake you either had cobwebs in your head, or horror or horrors for you, Dan Was Right!
And you say you can read context? lol. It is obvious ole paranoid thought bohart was me and then I comment on him being paranoid and he comments back to you "Is it paranoia, when it is true?"

I thought you were smarter. On that thought "I was wrong"
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98334 Aug 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
Wait you were a worm before you were a rat, abiogenesis is an unproven theory that violates known scientific law
Actually it doesn't violate anything except your religious sensibilities. But hey, don't let your lack of understanding of scientific terminology get in the way of anything, eh?
bohart wrote:
yet you believe it.
Belief is unnecessary, the fossil record demonstrates it.
bohart wrote:
Evolution is a 19th century theory that died with the advent of DNA and information theory. That's the difference you pus filled ball sack
BWA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!

Wait, you were serious?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#98335 Aug 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
" We were never worms , but we had a worm like ancestor"? did you really type this ? Did you attend the Bill Clinton class on evasions and lying. DNA is a code, a language, an information storage mechanism, there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
Actually it's not coded information, it's a bunch of chemicals. If you refer to the code ACGT, they are simply acronyms for the chemicals it's made of - adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine. In short, the "code" you refer to was invented by humans in order to help us describe DNA.

If you're not talking about that code then perhaps you could explain exactly what other code you were referring to and what it is.
bohart wrote:
As for life creating itself, you have all of humanities acquired scientific knowledge that says it can't happen.
That's the evidence against your myth.
Except what you stated was utterly wrong. Life is created every day via natural chemical processes. You claim what happens now couldn't have happened in the past. Yet you provide zero evidence. Geology demonstrates an Earth without life, then with life. Ergo, no matter how you cut it, life came from non-life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last word - first (Jun '12) 3 min Cyan in CA 6,924
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min curiouslu 146,823
What's your tip for the day? 4 min SLY WEST 1,008
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 5 min Cyan in CA 25,416
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 6 min Katie 137,650
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 8 min Cyan in CA 24,071
What is your favorite number in inches? (Feb '13) 19 min night machine 6
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 21 min Princess Hey 5,500
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 42 min -Lea- 20,017
Woman Surprised to Find Dead Body in Her Trunk 1 hr Evilgelicalling 12