Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,643)

Showing posts 92,841 - 92,860 of111,607
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and all you need is that first teensy, weensy shred of evidence that might even possibly suggest that maybe some god, gods or goddesses, could have maybe, possibly have existed...
do you have that teensy weensy shred yet? cus no human in the history of mankind has found it yet...
until you get that shred, the discussion you started can go no further, rationally...
get back to us when you find it...
Hey Ticky,...all you need is the first teensy, weensy shred of evidence that might even possibly suggest that maybe life started on it's own on a warm rock.

Got any yet? Nope, cause no human in history has found it.

But that doesn't stop you from believing it does it? Because your's is a faith based belief. Faith, you know like Osama Bin Ladin's and Billy Graham's,..just like them you have faith in the unseen!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally , here is the puddle sludge faith described in all it's grandeur! You are a product of slime and random chance.
It's astonishing that a sentient being would believe this,...and it is a belief, totally backed by faith, nothing more.
Much more. It is backed by evidence. It's astonishing that a sentient being is incapable of understanding this simple concept.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Much more. It is backed by evidence. It's astonishing that a sentient being is incapable of understanding this simple concept.
Ah! There's your problem.

You are assuming that bohart is a sentient being.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and Hitler was bright and manipulative too. Doesn't make either one of them worthy of being a leader.
Hitler. Theist. Not atheist. Sorry.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup I know.
Time is a paradox in the Big Bang.
Nothing can exist without time
Nothing can change without time
Nothing can move without time
Time started with the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago.
Time is required for time to pop into existence. Time cannot be uncaused because it has to have been the first thing to come into existence.
Time cannot exist using the Big Bang theory.
It's a paradox.
Time had to be created.
The act of creation would need time also under your rules, but you'll let that slide because your god is always allowed special exemptions from any rules you make.

Time is not required to exist before time starts as that would be a paradox - your claim.

Also science is fine with the existence of time before our universe, in which case time did not start with our universe. All depends on what occurred at the point of singularity. You say invisible wizard. Maybe.

It used evolution though.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply tried to bring to light the racist views of the father of evolution.
If you want to remain eyes wide shut go ahead.
Don't worry, I addressed them on page 1:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

Of course you can pretend to ignore the HIGHLY racist position of Genesis though, where it started with one pair of "perfect" humans (mostly depicted as white, what, with being made in GODS IMAGE and all) and then it allegedly went all downhill from there.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"What is your evidence that "macro evolution" is a bust."
The simple fact that it has never happened and never will.
And you're sure to get around to addressing it sometime in the next millenia.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sub I see a lot of arguing about evolution and abiogenesis being different. As by definition they are but doesn't both
abiogenesis and evolution have in their theory that all life came from a last universal ancestor that lived 3.5 to 3.8 billion years ago? Don't they support each other for one to be the other had to be as well?
Does the theory of gravity explain the origin of mass? If not then the theory of gravity is in serious poop, man. TEACH INTELLIGENT FALLING!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that most of the arguments on here are just not about evolution, they are about people think evolutionists are attacking God by saying "Why do you believe in a lying God" or "God is fake because the bible has flaws" or "life has no creator therefore God cannot exist" so on and so on. There is a possibility of God and that he created life. I don't think you all want to but if you all laid of the Fake God stuff, you would get through them more. As I have said several times I think God created life with the ability to evolve to adapt/become better/change to survive as things branched out to live in different environments and as our earth changes.
Who cares?

Can you provide us with *evidence* of a non-fake God?

Can you present us with *evidence* that your non-fake God does not or cannot lie?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You can no more prove He is not as I can prove He is.
Just as you can no more disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
btw way you are the time expert right? I have not seen you address what I said about time the other day. Lets hear your input on this.
Time has no time, no beginning, and no end. Time is a perspective of existence.
The true concept of space and time is understandable but the main concept of time is not i.e its general description. We cannot say both must come as pairs, although both are used together in a more realistic description of time. In physics, space-time is any mathematical model that combines space and time into a single continuum. Only mathematically are they part of one thing. Physically they are quite different.
Uh, sorry, but cosmologists disagree with you. Quite profoundly I might add. Go seek Polymath, he will explain.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, something is really wrong with you.
Time for your meds???
Help him out DOGEN!!!!
No, that was DanfromSmithville, I'm the Dude. If you can't tell the difference then I'd better tell Dogen that you've missed YOUR meds.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again to bend space-time (which is different than time itself) you have to have mass, weight and gravity. Come back when you learn.
http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/gravi...
Sorry, linky does not support your claims. In fact it supports the contention that time and space are inextricably linked.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Hey I have a question for everyone to ponder. I know the answer and it is not a supernatural one.

How did all the fish get into the lakes?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Space time is referring to outer space time as we know it.
Spacetime refers to our entire current universal expansion, which includes planet Earth. It's been known since at least Einstein that there is no one objective single reference to "time".
replaytime wrote:
Now time would pass even slower on the surface of a Jupiter or a planet the size of Jupiter,
Jupiter or a Jupiter, right...
replaytime wrote:
which we consider outer space.
Actually most of us consider to be a gas giant.

A gas giant which is NOT currently occupying our present position in the spacetime continuum.
replaytime wrote:
But if Jupiter was inhabitable
It is.
replaytime wrote:
then time would still be slower there
Hence habitability is irrelevant.
replaytime wrote:
but would it would not be considered outer space to its inhabitants.
It's not considered outer space to anyone sane.
replaytime wrote:
So again time is physically different than space.
Non-sequitor, does not follow. But then you are claiming that time is not actually physical at all, but rather an abstract concept completely separate from our spacetime continuum which we exist in. This is a common mistake amongst those who didn't quite grasp what Einstein was saying (bear in mind that he's since been superceded by quantum physics which only adds more technicality while little altering the original point).
replaytime wrote:
Only mathematical are they part of one thing.
Wrong. This is why you're quite confused. Math in itself IS a purely abstract thing. It is a tool, which can be applied to reality. And when applied correctly it measures reality. And when we measure that space and time are one and the same it's because they ARE. Just as some people can't quite grasp the concept of "nothing" when referring to "beyond" the boundaries of our universe, you appear to not be able to grasp the concept of no time beyond the boundaries of our universe.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Five random questions on fossils.
1) Life’s Unexpected Explosion
Forty major animal groups appear out of nowhere at the bottom of the fossil record. Where did this “Cambrian Explosion” come from?
2) Those Not-So-Dry Bones
If dinosaurs died millions of years ago, how can their fossils still contain soft tissue?
3) Without a Leg to Stand On
Birds are vastly different from dinosaurs, even in the way they walk. How could one come from the other?
4) Amazingly Preserved Leaves
When leaves die, they shrivel up and crumble. So why is the fossil record full of well-preserved, flat leaves?
5) Tracks But No Trilobites
Why do we find lots of trilobite tracks in lower rock layers, but we don’t find any trilobite fossils until higher up?
Icr.org
Because your website is stupid and dishonest.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah
Hateful little winch
Irony meter go boom.

Go cry, Muggins.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally , here is the puddle sludge faith described in all it's grandeur! You are a product of slime and random chance.
It's astonishing that a sentient being would believe this,...and it is a belief, totally backed by faith, nothing more.
Yeah, just like all the other times you failed to argue your case.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ticky,...all you need is the first teensy, weensy shred of evidence that might even possibly suggest that maybe life started on it's own on a warm rock.
Got any yet? Nope, cause no human in history has found it.
But that doesn't stop you from believing it does it? Because your's is a faith based belief. Faith, you know like Osama Bin Ladin's and Billy Graham's,..just like them you have faith in the unseen!
Since I've already demonstrated numerous times over why you're lying are you ever gonna get around to addressing any of the arguments presented the first few hundred times? Or you just gonna keep whining and throwing out ad-homs?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Jay-Gee1992 wrote:
what do young Creationists have to say about Carbon dating?
Reality isn't real therefore Goddidit with magic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,841 - 92,860 of111,607
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••