Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
92,821 - 92,840 of 113,285 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You can no more prove He is not as I can prove He is.
Just as you can no more disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
btw way you are the time expert right? I have not seen you address what I said about time the other day. Lets hear your input on this.
Time has no time, no beginning, and no end. Time is a perspective of existence.
The true concept of space and time is understandable but the main concept of time is not i.e its general description. We cannot say both must come as pairs, although both are used together in a more realistic description of time. In physics, space-time is any mathematical model that combines space and time into a single continuum. Only mathematically are they part of one thing. Physically they are quite different.
Uh, sorry, but cosmologists disagree with you. Quite profoundly I might add. Go seek Polymath, he will explain.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, something is really wrong with you.
Time for your meds???
Help him out DOGEN!!!!
No, that was DanfromSmithville, I'm the Dude. If you can't tell the difference then I'd better tell Dogen that you've missed YOUR meds.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again to bend space-time (which is different than time itself) you have to have mass, weight and gravity. Come back when you learn.
http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/gravi...
Sorry, linky does not support your claims. In fact it supports the contention that time and space are inextricably linked.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Hey I have a question for everyone to ponder. I know the answer and it is not a supernatural one.

How did all the fish get into the lakes?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Space time is referring to outer space time as we know it.
Spacetime refers to our entire current universal expansion, which includes planet Earth. It's been known since at least Einstein that there is no one objective single reference to "time".
replaytime wrote:
Now time would pass even slower on the surface of a Jupiter or a planet the size of Jupiter,
Jupiter or a Jupiter, right...
replaytime wrote:
which we consider outer space.
Actually most of us consider to be a gas giant.

A gas giant which is NOT currently occupying our present position in the spacetime continuum.
replaytime wrote:
But if Jupiter was inhabitable
It is.
replaytime wrote:
then time would still be slower there
Hence habitability is irrelevant.
replaytime wrote:
but would it would not be considered outer space to its inhabitants.
It's not considered outer space to anyone sane.
replaytime wrote:
So again time is physically different than space.
Non-sequitor, does not follow. But then you are claiming that time is not actually physical at all, but rather an abstract concept completely separate from our spacetime continuum which we exist in. This is a common mistake amongst those who didn't quite grasp what Einstein was saying (bear in mind that he's since been superceded by quantum physics which only adds more technicality while little altering the original point).
replaytime wrote:
Only mathematical are they part of one thing.
Wrong. This is why you're quite confused. Math in itself IS a purely abstract thing. It is a tool, which can be applied to reality. And when applied correctly it measures reality. And when we measure that space and time are one and the same it's because they ARE. Just as some people can't quite grasp the concept of "nothing" when referring to "beyond" the boundaries of our universe, you appear to not be able to grasp the concept of no time beyond the boundaries of our universe.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Five random questions on fossils.
1) Life’s Unexpected Explosion
Forty major animal groups appear out of nowhere at the bottom of the fossil record. Where did this “Cambrian Explosion” come from?
2) Those Not-So-Dry Bones
If dinosaurs died millions of years ago, how can their fossils still contain soft tissue?
3) Without a Leg to Stand On
Birds are vastly different from dinosaurs, even in the way they walk. How could one come from the other?
4) Amazingly Preserved Leaves
When leaves die, they shrivel up and crumble. So why is the fossil record full of well-preserved, flat leaves?
5) Tracks But No Trilobites
Why do we find lots of trilobite tracks in lower rock layers, but we don’t find any trilobite fossils until higher up?
Icr.org
Because your website is stupid and dishonest.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah
Hateful little winch
Irony meter go boom.

Go cry, Muggins.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally , here is the puddle sludge faith described in all it's grandeur! You are a product of slime and random chance.
It's astonishing that a sentient being would believe this,...and it is a belief, totally backed by faith, nothing more.
Yeah, just like all the other times you failed to argue your case.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ticky,...all you need is the first teensy, weensy shred of evidence that might even possibly suggest that maybe life started on it's own on a warm rock.
Got any yet? Nope, cause no human in history has found it.
But that doesn't stop you from believing it does it? Because your's is a faith based belief. Faith, you know like Osama Bin Ladin's and Billy Graham's,..just like them you have faith in the unseen!
Since I've already demonstrated numerous times over why you're lying are you ever gonna get around to addressing any of the arguments presented the first few hundred times? Or you just gonna keep whining and throwing out ad-homs?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Jay-Gee1992 wrote:
what do young Creationists have to say about Carbon dating?
Reality isn't real therefore Goddidit with magic.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Croco_Duck wrote:
Hey I have a question for everyone to ponder. I know the answer and it is not a supernatural one.
How did all the fish get into the lakes?
They swam.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

The Dude wrote:
They swam.
Nope. I'm sure you have lakes in the UK. Don't you wonder how the fish got there?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I'm sure you have lakes in the UK. Don't you wonder how the fish got there?
Depends if they are indigenous, introduced or invasive and some are stocked from elsewhere. Some are hybrids engineered at hatchery's.
They say the snakehead was brought by Chinese to here to wreak havoc
it can devastate the fish population here.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/08/0...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
Depends if they are indigenous, introduced or invasive and some are stocked from elsewhere. Some are hybrids engineered at hatchery's.
They say the snakehead was brought by Chinese to here to wreak havoc
it can devastate the fish population here.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/08/0...
It has nothing to do with humans.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Spacetime refers to our entire current universal expansion, which includes planet Earth. It's been known since at least Einstein that there is no one objective single reference to "time".
<quoted text>
Jupiter or a Jupiter, right...
<quoted text>
Actually most of us consider to be a gas giant.
A gas giant which is NOT currently occupying our present position in the spacetime continuum.
<quoted text>
It is.
<quoted text>
Hence habitability is irrelevant.
<quoted text>
It's not considered outer space to anyone sane.
<quoted text>
Non-sequitor, does not follow. But then you are claiming that time is not actually physical at all, but rather an abstract concept completely separate from our spacetime continuum which we exist in. This is a common mistake amongst those who didn't quite grasp what Einstein was saying (bear in mind that he's since been superceded by quantum physics which only adds more technicality while little altering the original point).
<quoted text>
Wrong. This is why you're quite confused. Math in itself IS a purely abstract thing. It is a tool, which can be applied to reality. And when applied correctly it measures reality. And when we measure that space and time are one and the same it's because they ARE. Just as some people can't quite grasp the concept of "nothing" when referring to "beyond" the boundaries of our universe, you appear to not be able to grasp the concept of no time beyond the boundaries of our universe.
In physics, spacetime (also spacetime, space time or spacetime continuum) is any mathematical model that combines space and time into a single continuum.Spacetime is usually interpreted with space as existing in three dimensions and time playing the role of a fourth dimension that is of a different sort from the spatial dimensions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

You think Jupiter is habitable? A gas planet with a toxic atmosphere. What do you think does or could inhabit it?

You don't think Jupiter is in outer space? Well then you must not be sane,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_space

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! There's your problem.
You are assuming that bohart is a sentient being.
Boy O' boy is that a very wrong assumption. He can't seem to understand the basics.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Boolocks. It's been happening since life began, and is still happening.

All species are transitional, and that's demonstrable.
Nope

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, so called "polystrate" fossils have been explained hundreds of times.

There is no whale "polystrate" fossil. That is a cretard lie.

Please. Show evidence for this. If you want to make me laugh link some creatard source. I know you cannot find a source that uses science to support this latest idiocy.
"There is no whale "polystrate" fossil. That is a cretard lie."

"A remarkable fossil find has been found in Peru: 346 whales buried in diatomaceous earth. The preservation of the whales is so pristine and complete, the authors of the paper in the Feb. 2004 issue of Geology1 conclude that the whales had to be buried rapidly, in days or weeks. If so, it represents a rate of accumulation of diatoms many times higher than what occurs in modern oceans.
The authors point out some amazing things about this fossil deposit:
Condition: The whale skeletons are “preserved in pristine condition (bones articulated [i.e., still assembled] or at least closely associated), in some cases including preserved baleen.”
Fine details:“The most complete whale (WCBa 20) was fully articulated; the microscopic detail of its baleen was preserved … and there is black, heavy-mineral replacement of the spinal cord and some intervertebral disks. There were no similar minerals in the surrounding sediment. These nonbony tissues were still present when the whale was completely buried.” Other instances of baleen, the delicate straining structure of the whale’s mouth, were also found.
Vertical extent:“The 346 whales within ~1.5 km2 of surveyed surface were not buried as an event, but were distributed uninterrupted through an 80-m-thick sedimentary section.” Since they were found uniformly distributed from bottom to top of the formation, the conditions in which they were buried must have also been uniform.
Unlaminated strata:“The diatomaceous sediment lacks repeating primary laminations, but instead is mostly massive, with irregular laminations and speckles.” In other words, it was not due to a cyclic process, like the annual climate change that produces tree rings.
Lack of bioturbation: Small organisms have not altered the deposit.“There is no evidence for bioturbation by invertebrates in the whale-bearing sediment.” Apparently they didn’t have the chance, it happened so fast.
Intact diatoms:“If most diatoms dissolve before preservation in the sediment, one would find frustules in all stages of dissolution. Diatoms in the Pisco diatomaceous sediment are often broken, but SEMstudy indicated fine preservation, with no significant evidence of dissolution.… In the shallow-water Pisco Formation, the diatoms were probably buried too quickly for much dissolution to occur.” The authors point out that in contemporary diatom deposits, only 2–3% of the frustules (glass shells) usually remain undissolved, up to 24% in special cases in Antarctica."

http://crev.info/2004/02/hundreds_of_whales_b...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, so called "polystrate" fossils have been explained hundreds of times.

There is no whale "polystrate" fossil. That is a cretard lie.

Please. Show evidence for this. If you want to make me laugh link some creatard source. I know you cannot find a source that uses science to support this latest idiocy.
"There is no whale "polystrate" fossil. That is a cretard lie."

"‘We knew it was a great find,’ said paleontologist Leonard Brand about the fossil whales he saw in Peru in 1999, 350 km (200 miles) south of Lima, the capital. Eagerly he organized a team of creationist research scientists. They recently published their findings in the secular journal Geology.1,2,3
Overall, they found 346 whales within a 1.5-km2 (370-acre) area, buried in an 80-m (260-ft) thick layer of sedimentary rock called diatomite. This layer is part of the Pisco Formation, which varies in thickness from 200–1,000 m (650–3,300 ft).

Diatomite is sedimentary rock containing a high percentage of fossil diatoms—small single-celled algae, which commonly live near the ocean surface. The layer of diatomite in Peru has 5 to 10% clay and abundant volcanic ash.

Today, when diatoms die, their silica skeletons accumulate on the ocean floor. One gram (0.035 oz.) of diatomite may contain up to 400 million skeletons.4 Diatomite sediment normally accumulates slowly—only a few centimetres per thousand years.1Even where the rate is higher, such as in some shallow-water areas, accumulation is still slow. For example, in the fjords of British Columbia, diatoms and clay accumulate at 2.5–5.0 mm (0.1–0.2 inches) per year.2

Also today, when a whale carcass sinks to the bottom of the ocean, many kinds of scavengers quickly attack and colonize it. And in their quest for food, some scavengers churn up the adjacent sediments.5

However, in Peru, the fossilized whales and diatoms were well preserved and the whale skeletons were mostly intact. There was no evidence of normal decay, such as wormholes, barnacle encrustations or general degradation. Neither was there any sign that organisms had churned up the adjacent sediment."

http://creation.mo bi/dead-whales-telling-tales

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••