Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,642)

Showing posts 92,821 - 92,840 of105,906
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't that the truth, I've seen story's and alot of them lately , where people have been forced to reiterate what they
actually DID SAY. Because creationists twisted their words into meaning what they wanted. Just as Mary Schweitzer said she was embarrassed to be a christian because of how silly they acted and that they gave Christianity a bad name.
Quote mining and distortion of scientific findings: the stock in trade of creationists.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a paradox for the Big Bang.
God is no excuse, he is the answer.
First 3 words in the bible shows how important time is to the universe.
"we don't know" is not a paradox.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people consider that racist but I found that some on this thread don't believe that calling other races savages or stating they never conceived of something as simple as a sail as racist.
Whole races never conceived of a sail. Or a wheel, or metal, or agriculture. These are not value statements, they are simply facts.

Now, assuming that mental inferiority is the reason they did not conceive of these things would be racist. But we have better explanations. Degree of interconnectedness and the transmission of ideas, the fortune of where one happened to live, even a north south versus and east west constraint have been considered in this question. The reality is, humans of every race for almost the entirely of Homo Sapiens history lived as hunter gatherers without sails, wheels, metals, or agriculture.

Darwin lived in a racist, classist, and sexist world like everyone back then. He and his theory certainly did not invent racism which was also endemic in the Christian population of Europe (and most populations everywhere), for centuries. How about explaining all that before 1860, when biblical creationism was unquestionably the ruling philosophy of Europe?

But you carry on demonising Darwin if it makes you feel better. It makes not one iota difference to the validity of evolution today.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
So what view point of time would you lean towards, Newton or Kant?
What was Kant's viewpoint of time?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Not what I said. I said Satan is fooling you. He created nothing. He whispers in the ear of science ridicules suggestions.
There is no Satan. Just nutjobs like you.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a paradox for the Big Bang.
God is no excuse, he is the answer.
First 3 words in the bible shows how important time is to the universe.
The first three words of the Bible are an assumption. The fourth is another.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
dote\ˈdōt\
intransitive verb
1 : to exhibit mental decline of or like that of old age : be in one's dotage
You're either poorly educated or jealous. Maybe both.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have that God is false?
"In the beginning..." "... Amen"
youtubeNews

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount -

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Absolutely

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of America's presidents have been Christian, if not all of them.
Why do you pick on Palin, because she is a female Christian?
We've had crazier men behind "The Button" who believe just as she does, they just don't tell you.
Aaaaaand THAT's why they can hold high positions.

The idea is that people should keep their religious beliefs (or lack of for that matter) to themselves. If someone wants to discuss their religious preference in public, that's what forums like this one is for. But as soon as a politician starts to babble about God or religion, he's lost my vote.

Absolutely

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

youtubeNews wrote:
ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount -
http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8
Seriously dude, we heard you the first 12 times you posted this. You may stop now, thank you.

Absolutely

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Tinka wrote:
To date up to date in date dates are soon nothing of any means unless you have something to schedule to agendarise it won't do you no good neither in that would time...
Oh.

*reaching slowly for phone, no sudden movements*

I see...
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You are a hateful, ignorant, pig. I know all Christians aren't like that, but apparently fundamentalists aren't all Christians. Thank God.
Look in the mirror, you are the hateful one, ignorant too of God and as far as a pig, I really don't know you that well.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaaaand THAT's why they can hold high positions.
The idea is that people should keep their religious beliefs (or lack of for that matter) to themselves. If someone wants to discuss their religious preference in public, that's what forums like this one is for. But as soon as a politician starts to babble about God or religion, he's lost my vote.
Well, I hate to tell you, but every presidential candidate that ever won the presidency, has claimed Christianity,(except for Kennedy/Catholic).

You've been voting for the losers then?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have an opposing position? I would love to hear it?
You bet they have opposing positions! lol!

You asked for it...have fun...lol!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I hate to tell you, but every presidential candidate that ever won the presidency, has claimed Christianity,(except for Kennedy/Catholic).
Except Kennedy. Too funny.

Absolutely

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
But they knew better to mix religion with politics.(less Bush jr, but that's just a case of sheer ingnorance.)

Whatever their official belief, they did not push their belief onto others, and kept it off of the agenda. As a voter and citizen, I've no problem with that. It's people that use religion to bias their views or as a means to drive their decisions publically that scare me - and should scare you as well.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you question other dating methods as well, or just this one?
Dating methods? Sorry, but not at all relevant to the validity of common ancestry. Of course you already knew this, being an expert.

Just curious, if evolution is false, what's the alternative you propose that does a better job of explaining the evidence?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
Finally, for all the hoopla, there is no evidence that Schweizer found any intact DNA fragments in the 68 million year old dinosaur bones. Even broken down nucleotides are impressive - but that is what is left after the DNA decay, not before. She also found evidence of some intact protein material...but again, that is not DNA.
Correct. No DNA. And the proteins turned out to be similar to those we find in modern day birds, not really something I would have thought fundies would want to advertise.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

"We've done the paternity tests, we've traced back the genealogy, and were doing all kinds of in-depth testing of the human species. People are apes and the descendants of apes, who were the descendants of rat-like primates, who were the children of reptiles, who were the spawn of amphibians, who were the terrestrial progeny of fish, who came from worms, who were assembled from single-celled microorganisms, who were the products of chemistry. Your daddy was a film of chemical slime on a Hadean rock, and he didn't care about youhe was only obeying the laws of thermodynamics.

You are you not because of some grand design but because of chance, contingency, and selection.--P.Z. Myers

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/So-Alone.aspx

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,821 - 92,840 of105,906
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••