Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,639)

Showing posts 92,761 - 92,780 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys have said that EVERYONE came from Africa so that means that all knowledge on earth came from there. Why then did they not progress?
Who told you "that means all knowledge on earth came from there"??

That's a very stupid statement.

It means no such thing.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always wondered that about Mississippi.
see the movie "Mississippi Burning".
smoke

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>"we don't know" is not a paradox.
Yup I know.

Time is a paradox in the Big Bang.

Nothing can exist without time
Nothing can change without time
Nothing can move without time

Time started with the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago.

Time is required for time to pop into existence. Time cannot be uncaused because it has to have been the first thing to come into existence.
Time cannot exist using the Big Bang theory.

It's a paradox.

Time had to be created.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>Whole races never conceived of a sail. Or a wheel, or metal, or agriculture. These are not value statements, they are simply facts.

Now, assuming that mental inferiority is the reason they did not conceive of these things would be racist. But we have better explanations. Degree of interconnectedness and the transmission of ideas, the fortune of where one happened to live, even a north south versus and east west constraint have been considered in this question. The reality is, humans of every race for almost the entirely of Homo Sapiens history lived as hunter gatherers without sails, wheels, metals, or agriculture.

Darwin lived in a racist, classist, and sexist world like everyone back then. He and his theory certainly did not invent racism which was also endemic in the Christian population of Europe (and most populations everywhere), for centuries. How about explaining all that before 1860, when biblical creationism was unquestionably the ruling philosophy of Europe?

But you carry on demonising Darwin if it makes you feel better. It makes not one iota difference to the validity of evolution today.
I simply tried to bring to light the racist views of the father of evolution.

If you want to remain eyes wide shut go ahead.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup I know.
Time is a paradox in the Big Bang.
Nothing can exist without time
Nothing can change without time
Nothing can move without time
Time started with the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago.
Time is required for time to pop into existence. Time cannot be uncaused because it has to have been the first thing to come into existence.
Time cannot exist using the Big Bang theory.
It's a paradox.
Time had to be created.
If i have to point out to you where you contradicted yourself there, all the irony will leak out...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Really?

What is your evidence that "macro evolution" is a bust.

Your side has yet to supply any evidence at all that there is a limit to evolution on the species level.
"What is your evidence that "macro evolution" is a bust."

The simple fact that it has never happened and never will.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and Hitler was bright and manipulative too. Doesn't make either one of them worthy of being a leader.
And a Christian. Don't forget that. He wanted to include God in his mission. Obama does not.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you "that means all knowledge on earth came from there"??
That's a very stupid statement.
It means no such thing.
the secretrs of nuclear fission and fusion and quatum mechanics came from africa? who knew?

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Going on all the time.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the secretrs of nuclear fission and fusion and quatum mechanics came from africa? who knew?
:-)

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The fossil record is evidence for evolution. Creation scientists cannot even get off of "Go" with the fossil record. All of their proposals are quickly debunked.

Before you even think about some moronic sorting mechanism here is one thing that would not be sorted that they cannot explain: microscopic index fossils. You should thank me since I just saved you from mentioning The Flud.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sub I see a lot of arguing about evolution and abiogenesis being different. As by definition they are but doesn't both
abiogenesis and evolution have in their theory that all life came from a last universal ancestor that lived 3.5 to 3.8 billion years ago? Don't they support each other for one to be the other had to be as well?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sub I see a lot of arguing about evolution and abiogenesis being different. As by definition they are but doesn't both
abiogenesis and evolution have in their theory that all life came from a last universal ancestor that lived 3.5 to 3.8 billion years ago? Don't they support each other for one to be the other had to be as well?
No. As I have said they are related but different.

Evolution is a theory. That means it has gone through the gamut and found to be correct in all tests to date.

Abiogenesis is still in the hypothetical mode. It is still being formulated. It has not been fully tested yet.

Abiogenesis is a question of how the universal ancestor came about. We still are not sure enough to have a theory of it. There could be several different paths to life.

Evolution describes what happened once the universal ancestor was in existence.

They have a crossing point at the universal ancestor. Some of abiogenesis's processes may use driving mechanisms very similar to evolution.

If and when the problem of abiogenesis is answered it may become part of the theory of evolution. But as of now it is a slightly different, but related topic.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

And there is even the possibility that God created the first cell. I doubt if we would have evidence for it.

Evolution does not care where the first life came from, abiogenesis, God, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Invisible Pink Unicorn, all of them could have started life which would have evolved regardless of who dropped it off.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

"Evolution describes what happened once the universal ancestor was in existence."
By this statement abiogenesis had to happen for evolution to happen being evolution started when the universal ancestor came to be, which would be by way of abiogenesis. Just asking to be clear.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Just saw your last comment so scratch my last one.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
And there is even the possibility that God created the first cell. I doubt if we would have evidence for it.
Evolution does not care where the first life came from, abiogenesis, God, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Invisible Pink Unicorn, all of them could have started life which would have evolved regardless of who dropped it off.
You do realize that most of the arguments on here are just not about evolution, they are about people think evolutionists are attacking God by saying "Why do you believe in a lying God" or "God is fake because the bible has flaws" or "life has no creator therefore God cannot exist" so on and so on. There is a possibility of God and that he created life. I don't think you all want to but if you all laid of the Fake God stuff, you would get through them more. As I have said several times I think God created life with the ability to evolve to adapt/become better/change to survive as things branched out to live in different environments and as our earth changes.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that most of the arguments on here are just not about evolution, they are about people think evolutionists are attacking God by saying "Why do you believe in a lying God" or "God is fake because the bible has flaws" or "life has no creator therefore God cannot exist" so on and so on. There is a possibility of God and that he created life. I don't think you all want to but if you all laid of the Fake God stuff, you would get through them more. As I have said several times I think God created life with the ability to evolve to adapt/become better/change to survive as things branched out to live in different environments and as our earth changes.
and all you need is that first teensy, weensy shred of evidence that might even possibly suggest that maybe some god, gods or goddesses, could have maybe, possibly have existed...

do you have that teensy weensy shred yet? cus no human in the history of mankind has found it yet...

until you get that shred, the discussion you started can go no further, rationally...

get back to us when you find it...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and all you need is that first teensy, weensy shred of evidence that might even possibly suggest that maybe some god, gods or goddesses, could have maybe, possibly have existed...
do you have that teensy weensy shred yet? cus no human in the history of mankind has found it yet...
until you get that shred, the discussion you started can go no further, rationally...
get back to us when you find it...
You can no more prove He is not as I can prove He is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,761 - 92,780 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

218 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 9 min pizzed 6,785
Marine Biologist: 6th-Grader Stole My Idea 9 min Instigator 1
FREE hot dogs on National Hot Dog Day 11 min nickbo13 3
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 13 min Portland Pizza Roll 14,840
LOVE and OTHER BRUISES (Apr '12) 20 min Ozzie 1,250
what are you eatin'? (Mar '13) 21 min Instigator 2,376
Word goes to the Movies (Nov '08) 24 min Ozzie 13,988
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Ozzie 141,208
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 3 hr Maverick 808 15,586