Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

#98165 Aug 19, 2013
Oh and I don't want links of space-time being bent. I want links of only time being bent. For as I said only mathematically are they part of one thing. Physically they are quite different.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#98166 Aug 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You must think teleportation in Star trek is real as well.:-)
For real to bend space or time does it not take mass and gravity? So where are your proven facts by verifiable, reproducible experiments links.
As I said only mathematically are they part of one thing. Physically they are quite different.
Jeez, you are one stupid fuck...

the answer has been given on these pages time and time agian, haven't you been paying attention? why should i tutor you if you don't even put in the least amount of effort to learn/

sheesh!...you GPS system wouldn't work properly if it didn't take into account the way the gravity well of the Earth bends the fabric of space time.

we have sent the most precise clocks we have up into orbit and the fact that they are further from the gravity well of the Earth makes them run differently than an identical clock on Earth.(acceleration played a part but that was accounted for...) get it now? reproducible, verifible experiments that show that Einstien was correct in that space and time act as one.

sad that you don't realize that the mass and gravity are real...

g'nite...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#98167 Aug 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Oh and I don't want links of space-time being bent. I want links of only time being bent. For as I said only mathematically are they part of one thing. Physically they are quite different.
how could i give you links of only time being bent when space and time are one?

you aren't even able to grasp this concept, dude...give it up. you are int eh t-ball league of real world understanding...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

#98168 Aug 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how could i give you links of only time being bent when space and time are one?
you aren't even able to grasp this concept, dude...give it up. you are int eh t-ball league of real world understanding...
So you think space and time are one huh. Again Only mathematically are they part of one thing. Physically the are different. Do you understand that? When you understand that you come back and talk.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

#98169 Aug 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Jeez, you are one stupid fuck...
the answer has been given on these pages time and time agian, haven't you been paying attention? why should i tutor you if you don't even put in the least amount of effort to learn/
sheesh!...you GPS system wouldn't work properly if it didn't take into account the way the gravity well of the Earth bends the fabric of space time.
we have sent the most precise clocks we have up into orbit and the fact that they are further from the gravity well of the Earth makes them run differently than an identical clock on Earth.(acceleration played a part but that was accounted for...) get it now? reproducible, verifible experiments that show that Einstien was correct in that space and time act as one.
g'nite...
Again to bend space-time (which is different than time itself) you have to have mass, weight and gravity. Come back when you learn.

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/gravi...

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#98170 Aug 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys have said that EVERYONE came from Africa so that means that all knowledge on earth came from there. Why then did they not progress?
Didn't they? Anyway, I answered that.

Interconnectedness is the key. Ideas usually originate in one point and spread. Isolated populations benefit less because there are fewer people and thus fewer ideas to spread. You can also see that humans encountering novel environments - cold, different animals, different ailments, etc, are going to produce more innovation to survive.

Neither of these requires any racist premise to be valid explanations for different rates of technical progress.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

#98171 Aug 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Jeez, you are one stupid fuck...
g'nite...
Space time is referring to outer space time as we know it. Now time would pass even slower on the surface of a Jupiter or a planet the size of Jupiter, which we consider outer space. But if Jupiter was inhabitable then time would still be slower there but would it would not be considered outer space to its inhabitants. So again time is physically different than space. Only mathematical are they part of one thing.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98172 Aug 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that most of the arguments on here are just not about evolution, they are about people think evolutionists are attacking God by saying "Why do you believe in a lying God" or "God is fake because the bible has flaws" or "life has no creator therefore God cannot exist" so on and so on. There is a possibility of God and that he created life. I don't think you all want to but if you all laid of the Fake God stuff, you would get through them more. As I have said several times I think God created life with the ability to evolve to adapt/become better/change to survive as things branched out to live in different environments and as our earth changes.
The question about why do fundies believe in a lying God refers to the fact that all evidence supports evolution. Therefore if you believe in creation you have to believe that God lied since he is the one who would have created all of the evidence too. This is fairly basic logic. A trait that most creatards lack. Which is why we have to hammer it into their rather thick heads.

I don't think anyone has ever claimed "life has no creator therefore God cannot exist". That would be a logical fallacy too.

The fact is there is no evidence for god. Therefore there is no logical reason to believe in one. That does not mean that God does not exist. But I am fairly sure you don't believe there is a Magic Teapot on the far side of the Moon. Yet there is as much evidence for that as there is for any god. You should check out a concept known as "the null hypothesis". To dumb it down to its base it claims there is no reason to believe in something that you have no evidence of.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#98173 Aug 20, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and Hitler was bright and manipulative too. Doesn't make either one of them worthy of being a leader.
Hitler was christian manipulating christian ideals and christian belief to achieve his ends.

As for Obama, the reason he is currently in the lofty position he occupies is because the majority (MAJORITY) of US citizens believed he could do a better job than his opposition and voted for him in a free and popular vote - TWICE.

This voting for a majority candidate is called DEMOCRACY, if you want to live in a democratic country then this is the system you adhere too. Your alternative is somewhere that employs less democratic methods like North Korea for example.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#98174 Aug 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup I know.
Time is a paradox in the Big Bang.
Nothing can exist without time
Nothing can change without time
Nothing can move without time
Time started with the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago.
Time is required for time to pop into existence. Time cannot be uncaused because it has to have been the first thing to come into existence.
Time cannot exist using the Big Bang theory.
It's a paradox.
Time had to be created.
No paradox, completely accounted for using Param Singhs equations and also born out in observations based in the Hubble diagram and the CMB

Unknown, but you are welcome to guess that nothing can exist without time.

Unknown, but you are welcome to guess that nothing can change without time.

Unknown, but you are welcome to guess that nothing can move without time.

Time as we understand time came into existence in our universe somewhere between 10^-34th and 10^-20th of a second after the event that you term the big bang.

Nope, your misunderstanding of time is irrelevant

Nope, before the fundamental laws of this universe coalesced (including time as we know it, i.e. the arrow of time) there was a cloud of expanding plasma, too dense and too hot for even cause and effect and hence time to exist.

You wrote “Time started with the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago” then “Time cannot exist using the Big Bang theory.” is this a paradox?

Nope, it’s unknown, that does not make it a paradox.

Yes, around 10^-34th and 10^-20th of a second after the BB with the creation of the fundamental laws.

Here’s one for you to think about, is it a real life paradox? Or is it the logical movement of electrons. Time is relative, the faster an object travels the less time passes. This has been measured, the ultimate conclusion of this measurement and Einstein’s relativity equations state that as an object approaches the speed of light the time dilates to zero. Now consider electricity, Flick a switch and a bulb, could be thousands of miles away apparently illuminates instantly. Electricity travels at a close approximation to the speed of light. So how, given that at that speed time is dilated to around zero can the electricity reach it’s target in a time period conceivable by a human?

If you know the answer to that then you can consider a small part of your education complete.
SEEK TRUTH

Spring, TX

#98175 Aug 20, 2013
The Truth Sets ME FREE

God's TRUE Tarbenacle.......Christ TEMPLE (3 days)

Peter's Chasers in HT, texts

Stock Market
SEEK TRUTH

Spring, TX

#98177 Aug 20, 2013
God's true Tarbenacle

JOHN 14: 23 Jesus answered and said to him,“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and

MAKE OUR HOME with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.
SEEK TRUTH

Spring, TX

#98179 Aug 20, 2013
John 14:12 NIV

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Matthew 6:24
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
SEEK TRUTH

Spring, TX

#98181 Aug 20, 2013
Go PINK

GO ORANGE
SEEK TRUTH

Spring, TX

#98182 Aug 20, 2013
awwwww, LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#98183 Aug 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think space and time are one huh. Again Only mathematically are they part of one thing. Physically the are different. Do you understand that? When you understand that you come back and talk.
They are inseparably linked and gravity just as velocity causes time dilation and length contraction. The higher the gravity the more time dilates and length of space contracts.
Thus in near infinite gravity space become near zero, and time infinitely slowed (it would take an infinite amount of time for a second to pass).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_ti...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#98184 Aug 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again to bend space-time (which is different than time itself) you have to have mass, weight and gravity. Come back when you learn.
http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/gravi...
The space/time continuum IS our universe , and space + time are inseparable. Weight is irrelevant , to have gravity you only need mass, as mass is the cause of the the warping of space and dilation of time. Infinite gravity = 0 space and 0 time.

If you turned the clock back 13.7 billion to years ago
there would be no space and no time. Everything would be in a space the size of a pin hole.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#98186 Aug 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"What is your evidence that "macro evolution" is a bust."
The simple fact that it has never happened and never will.
Boolocks. It's been happening since life began, and is still happening.

All species are transitional, and that's demonstrable.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#98187 Aug 20, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, something is really wrong with you.
Time for your meds???
Help him out DOGEN!!!!
Of course. Nothing you have said is insane or stupid. It must be everyone else.

What is wrong with me is that it becomes tiresome being flooded with the same inane ignorance. You all have different names but you all are the same stupid.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#98188 Aug 20, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, something is really wrong with you.
Time for your meds???
Help him out DOGEN!!!!
You are a great example of the basic fundamentalist on this thread.

1. You don't understand science. Not a clue.
2. You fear science.
3. You don't have knowledge or understanding of the Bible. No clue.
4. You don't have an opinion except what you have gleaned from some anti-science website.
5. You can't explain what you do post. You often are unaware that the arguments of others that you embrace are old, outdated and widely refuted.
6. An underlying political agenda that creeps out increasingly as you post.
7. Your posts often take the form of apologetic rants, laced with misunderstanding, arrogance and unfounded righteous superiority mixed with political conspiracy theories.

I'm sure I have missed some, but I think that covers some of the main observations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If your oxygen just isn't getting through 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 12 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,394
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 12 min JailBroke 4,120
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 12 min Vector aka Victor... 54,582
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min Wolftracks 147,133
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 52 min Ashleigh 20,378
Your "favorite"Movie Quotes with or w/o video;))) 1 hr JailBroke 1
What's your tip for the day? 5 hr ms_Sweeter 1,051
I Like..... (Mar '14) 7 hr ms_Sweeter 317
What Could Be Sweet,...? 7 hr ms_Sweeter 33
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••