Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#98147 Aug 19, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you "that means all knowledge on earth came from there"??
That's a very stupid statement.
It means no such thing.
the secretrs of nuclear fission and fusion and quatum mechanics came from africa? who knew?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#98148 Aug 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"What is your evidence that "macro evolution" is a bust."
The simple fact that it has never happened and never will.
Going on all the time.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#98149 Aug 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the secretrs of nuclear fission and fusion and quatum mechanics came from africa? who knew?
:-)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98150 Aug 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"What is your evidence that "macro evolution" is a bust."
The simple fact that it has never happened and never will.
The fossil record is evidence for evolution. Creation scientists cannot even get off of "Go" with the fossil record. All of their proposals are quickly debunked.

Before you even think about some moronic sorting mechanism here is one thing that would not be sorted that they cannot explain: microscopic index fossils. You should thank me since I just saved you from mentioning The Flud.

“A Idiot Thinks Im Savoir Faire”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Paranoid That I Am Everywhere

#98151 Aug 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sub I see a lot of arguing about evolution and abiogenesis being different. As by definition they are but doesn't both
abiogenesis and evolution have in their theory that all life came from a last universal ancestor that lived 3.5 to 3.8 billion years ago? Don't they support each other for one to be the other had to be as well?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98152 Aug 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sub I see a lot of arguing about evolution and abiogenesis being different. As by definition they are but doesn't both
abiogenesis and evolution have in their theory that all life came from a last universal ancestor that lived 3.5 to 3.8 billion years ago? Don't they support each other for one to be the other had to be as well?
No. As I have said they are related but different.

Evolution is a theory. That means it has gone through the gamut and found to be correct in all tests to date.

Abiogenesis is still in the hypothetical mode. It is still being formulated. It has not been fully tested yet.

Abiogenesis is a question of how the universal ancestor came about. We still are not sure enough to have a theory of it. There could be several different paths to life.

Evolution describes what happened once the universal ancestor was in existence.

They have a crossing point at the universal ancestor. Some of abiogenesis's processes may use driving mechanisms very similar to evolution.

If and when the problem of abiogenesis is answered it may become part of the theory of evolution. But as of now it is a slightly different, but related topic.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#98153 Aug 19, 2013
And there is even the possibility that God created the first cell. I doubt if we would have evidence for it.

Evolution does not care where the first life came from, abiogenesis, God, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Invisible Pink Unicorn, all of them could have started life which would have evolved regardless of who dropped it off.

Level 5

#98154 Aug 19, 2013
"Evolution describes what happened once the universal ancestor was in existence."
By this statement abiogenesis had to happen for evolution to happen being evolution started when the universal ancestor came to be, which would be by way of abiogenesis. Just asking to be clear.

Level 5

#98155 Aug 19, 2013
Just saw your last comment so scratch my last one.

Level 5

#98156 Aug 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And there is even the possibility that God created the first cell. I doubt if we would have evidence for it.
Evolution does not care where the first life came from, abiogenesis, God, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Invisible Pink Unicorn, all of them could have started life which would have evolved regardless of who dropped it off.
You do realize that most of the arguments on here are just not about evolution, they are about people think evolutionists are attacking God by saying "Why do you believe in a lying God" or "God is fake because the bible has flaws" or "life has no creator therefore God cannot exist" so on and so on. There is a possibility of God and that he created life. I don't think you all want to but if you all laid of the Fake God stuff, you would get through them more. As I have said several times I think God created life with the ability to evolve to adapt/become better/change to survive as things branched out to live in different environments and as our earth changes.

St. Croix valley

#98157 Aug 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that most of the arguments on here are just not about evolution, they are about people think evolutionists are attacking God by saying "Why do you believe in a lying God" or "God is fake because the bible has flaws" or "life has no creator therefore God cannot exist" so on and so on. There is a possibility of God and that he created life. I don't think you all want to but if you all laid of the Fake God stuff, you would get through them more. As I have said several times I think God created life with the ability to evolve to adapt/become better/change to survive as things branched out to live in different environments and as our earth changes.
and all you need is that first teensy, weensy shred of evidence that might even possibly suggest that maybe some god, gods or goddesses, could have maybe, possibly have existed...

do you have that teensy weensy shred yet? cus no human in the history of mankind has found it yet...

until you get that shred, the discussion you started can go no further, rationally...

get back to us when you find it...

Level 5

#98158 Aug 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and all you need is that first teensy, weensy shred of evidence that might even possibly suggest that maybe some god, gods or goddesses, could have maybe, possibly have existed...
do you have that teensy weensy shred yet? cus no human in the history of mankind has found it yet...
until you get that shred, the discussion you started can go no further, rationally...
get back to us when you find it...
You can no more prove He is not as I can prove He is.

Level 5

#98159 Aug 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
btw way you are the time expert right? I have not seen you address what I said about time the other day. Lets hear your input on this.

Time has no time, no beginning, and no end. Time is a perspective of existence.
The true concept of space and time is understandable but the main concept of time is not i.e its general description. We cannot say both must come as pairs, although both are used together in a more realistic description of time. In physics, space-time is any mathematical model that combines space and time into a single continuum. Only mathematically are they part of one thing. Physically they are quite different.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#98160 Aug 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup I know.
Time is a paradox in the Big Bang.
Nothing can exist without time
Nothing can change without time
Nothing can move without time
Time started with the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago.
Time is required for time to pop into existence. Time cannot be uncaused because it has to have been the first thing to come into existence.
Time cannot exist using the Big Bang theory.
It's a paradox.
Time had to be created.
Even if you repeat it 100 thousand times, you are only saying you do not understand how it is that time IS .....
"irrelevant in a singularity".

St. Croix valley

#98161 Aug 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
btw way you are the time expert right? I have not seen you address what I said about time the other day. Lets hear your input on this.
The true concept of space and time is understandable but the main concept of time is not i.e its general description. We cannot say both must come as pairs, although both are used together in a more realistic description of time. In physics, space-time is any mathematical model that combines space and time into a single continuum. Only mathematically are they part of one thing. Physically they are quite different.
no. physically if you bend space, you bend time. proven fact by verifiable, reproducible experiments...

sorry charlie. learn, then post, it saves embarrassment.

St. Croix valley

#98162 Aug 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and dude...i have never, ever claimed to be an expert on time and the physics involved therein.

i have clearly and repeatedly avowed myself as a laymen on these studies. kind of on the Discover Magazine level of understanding...

which means your level of understanding would be....
well, nice try. good swing at it. you almost got a piece of it. keep your eye on the ball and next time you might knock it out of the park...
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#98163 Aug 19, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It shouldn't make any difference to anyone but a moron like you. For all you know those that have claimed Christianity while holding office could have been lying. Oh I forget you have a special power that lets you know real Christians from fake Christians and unbelievers. Dang that was close. Good thing you use your supernatural powers for our side.
Dude, something is really wrong with you.

Time for your meds???

Help him out DOGEN!!!!

Level 5

#98164 Aug 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no. physically if you bend space, you bend time. proven fact by verifiable, reproducible experiments...
sorry charlie. learn, then post, it saves embarrassment.
You must think teleportation in Star trek is real as well.:-)

For real to bend space or time does it not take mass and gravity? So where are your proven facts by verifiable, reproducible experiments links.

As I said only mathematically are they part of one thing. Physically they are quite different.

Level 5

#98165 Aug 19, 2013
Oh and I don't want links of space-time being bent. I want links of only time being bent. For as I said only mathematically are they part of one thing. Physically they are quite different.

St. Croix valley

#98166 Aug 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You must think teleportation in Star trek is real as well.:-)
For real to bend space or time does it not take mass and gravity? So where are your proven facts by verifiable, reproducible experiments links.
As I said only mathematically are they part of one thing. Physically they are quite different.
Jeez, you are one stupid fuck...

the answer has been given on these pages time and time agian, haven't you been paying attention? why should i tutor you if you don't even put in the least amount of effort to learn/

sheesh!...you GPS system wouldn't work properly if it didn't take into account the way the gravity well of the Earth bends the fabric of space time.

we have sent the most precise clocks we have up into orbit and the fact that they are further from the gravity well of the Earth makes them run differently than an identical clock on Earth.(acceleration played a part but that was accounted for...) get it now? reproducible, verifible experiments that show that Einstien was correct in that space and time act as one.

sad that you don't realize that the mass and gravity are real...

g'nite...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min SLY WEST 147,642
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 32 min wichita-rick 2,660
(Non Computer) Mouse issues HELP!! 2 hr SLY WEST 42
Top Deal Breakers in Relationships (Feb '13) 2 hr SLY WEST 835
I Like..... (Mar '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 376
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 3 hr Crazy Jae 1,418
Offbeat Happy Thread (Aug '12) 3 hr CJ Rocker 161
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr -Lea- 21,356
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 6,370
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 5 hr NOM s Waffle House 9