Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221789 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#98012 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You know this how?
Science. Give it a try sometime.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#98013 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
No it Satan that is fooling you.
That may be the stupidest thing you've ever said. Satan faked the universe to fool us? You're a wacko.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#98014 Aug 18, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, but even seeking such evidence shows you yourself doubt the existence of God.
As Sub would say, "Nope. Just showing you can't make idiotic claims without supporting evidence to back it up"

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#98015 Aug 18, 2013
Internet Beyotch Slapper wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you think that the mathematically perfect balance of the universe and all evolutionary life would be the result of a random explosion?
I don't think so. In a mathematically perfectly balanced universe fundies wouldn't be compelled to make asses of themselves unless, of course, you think asses are part of that balance.

God bless you.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#98016 Aug 18, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
As Sub would say, "Nope. Just showing you can't make idiotic claims without supporting evidence to back it up"
I never said God doesn't exist. Heck, I'm Catholic. I'm just claiming my superstitious mumbo jumbo is better than your superstitious mumbo jumbo.

Case in point: It's air conditioned in summer, heated in winter, and loaded with age appropriate chicks with big boobs who dote on me and never tire of feeding me genuine Mexican food.

What's your god doing for you?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98017 Aug 18, 2013
And why are the nuts bringing up atheism?

Atheism has very little to do with evolution. Evolution does not disprove the existence of God, nor does it try to do so. All evolution does is to show that the Adam and Eve myth is false. We would know that today even without evolution.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#98018 Aug 18, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>

99.9% of biologists support evolution.
4 OUT OF 5 Dentist recommend dentine gum but that doesn't prove they're not getting paid off to support it.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#98019 Aug 18, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I'd find it a blessing to be left behind on judgement day. An Earth without evangelicals sounds like heaven.
You really ARE clueless, aren't you.

What would you do in a world without love, goodness, law abiding citizens, just evil abounding everywhere.

If you stay here when God's people leave, you will literally be in HELL on earth.

Be careful what you ask for.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#98020 Aug 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
4 OUT OF 5 Dentist recommend dentine gum but that doesn't prove they're not getting paid off to support it.
99% of astrophysicist believe the earth revolves around the sun. Guess you don't believe in that either.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#98021 Aug 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are falling apart. I think the 5th dentist was trying to get you out of his office before any shooting started.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#98022 Aug 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
What would you do in a world without love, goodness, law abiding citizens, just evil abounding everywhere.
If you stay here when God's people leave, you will literally be in HELL on earth.
I had a boss that was a young earther. He was the most evil person I've seen in my adult life, and most if not all atheists, human secularists and science minded people I know are sweet, loving individuals. I'd much rather be with them than live in your world of ghosts, spirits, daemons and a genocidal master.

Level 9

#98023 Aug 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have you. We know what hell on Earth is like. Ignorance. Intolerance. Stupidity.

Fundamental Christianity. What the Earth will be like without morals and reason.

Level 9

#98024 Aug 18, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said God doesn't exist. Heck, I'm Catholic. I'm just claiming my superstitious mumbo jumbo is better than your superstitious mumbo jumbo.
Case in point: It's air conditioned in summer, heated in winter, and loaded with age appropriate chicks with big boobs who dote on me and never tire of feeding me genuine Mexican food.
What's your god doing for you?
You make a good argument for conversion. You had me at bib boobs. The Mexican food is just icing.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#98025 Aug 18, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a boss that was a young earther. He was the most evil person I've seen in my adult life, and most if not all atheists, human secularists and science minded people I know are sweet, loving individuals. I'd much rather be with them than live in your world of ghosts, spirits, daemons and a genocidal master.
Yup, statistically atheists are way underrepresented in prison. Which indicates not only are they nicer than Christians, they are smarter than Christians too.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#98026 Aug 18, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know your boss or what his problems are, that doesn't mean all of God's people are like him.

It's easy to get befriended by the wrong crowd,(the crowd you claim as friends).

Whether you live in their world or my world, you will be living with spirits... it's just the question of which kind of spirits you want to live with..the ones with unconditional love in heaven or the ones with unconditional hate in hell.

You only get two (2) choices in life, that's it.

Like I said, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98027 Aug 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose if you, not me believe in a lying God it would be similar.

Being dishonest when you are arguing against evolution by Christians is an example of lying for Jesus. The purpose of pointing out that they are lying when they break certain rules is to shame the fools into no longer doing that particular sin. This latest action by Tzar is more of a Red Herring than anything else. At that time almost everybody had similar beliefs or worse. In fact you would be hard pressed to find anyone who had better opinions about "savages". The cure to ignorance is education and since he continually educated himself you will find that Darwin's later opinions about Africans were less racist than his earlier ones. Still that has nothing to do with whether the theory of evolution is correct or not and that is why it was dishonest for him to even bring it up.

Do I have to explain to an idiot every time in detail why they are being an idiot? I don't think so.
Red fish?
Herring what?

I was simply requested to post supporting material and quotes.
That was an easy request to fill
After all Evolution and Darwin assume different levels of the evolved human race as stated in his book. Most people consider that racist but I found that some on this thread don't believe that calling other races savages or stating they never conceived of something as simple as a sail as racist.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98028 Aug 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you think that such a creator is necessary?
Because "Time cannot pop into existence to do so would take time. "

A quote if Polly's

Level 9

#98029 Aug 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know your boss or what his problems are, that doesn't mean all of God's people are like him.
It's easy to get befriended by the wrong crowd,(the crowd you claim as friends).
Whether you live in their world or my world, you will be living with spirits... it's just the question of which kind of spirits you want to live with..the ones with unconditional love in heaven or the ones with unconditional hate in hell.
You only get two (2) choices in life, that's it.
Like I said, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.
You are a hateful, ignorant, pig. I know all Christians aren't like that, but apparently fundamentalists aren't all Christians. Thank God.
Level 1

Location hidden

#98030 Aug 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>And you still don't know what you did was wrong. You are a complete idiot.

You also forgot your links. Again. That only confirms my judgement of you.
No need for links when the book is quoted along with page number!

Unbelievable!!!
Level 1

Location hidden

#98031 Aug 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You have never posted a testable, quantifiable definition of kind.

All you have done is make some idiotic, incorrect, declarative statements.
I have many times posted the requested information.

You are also free to look it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 2 min Judy 123 20,873
2words into 2new words (May '12) 5 min Judy 123 8,373
One Word (Jan '09) 9 min Judy 123 18,337
next word game (Apr '13) 17 min Judy 123 921
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 23 min Judy 123 24,077
Word Association (Mar '10) 25 min Judy 123 22,378
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 27 min Judy 123 1,047
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 38 min CJ Rocker 220,709
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 1 hr Judy 123 2,118
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Pie Contenst 4,593