Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#97906 Aug 17, 2013
Oh wait I know. The light from stars that are millions of light years away was made by Satan, same as carbon dating. That tricky bastard.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#97907 Aug 17, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>People who reject reason are always scary.

So if the universe is really 6,000 years old, then why do we see stars that are more than 6,000 light years away?
Really? You don't know?

Because that's where they were created. And there light was created all the way to us.

In the beginning God said let there be light. And there was light.

You are challenging God who spoke everything into existence. That's pretty powerful. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes come judgement day.

http://youtu.be/rkgunX_Sa_0

“What can I do to get the Topix”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

cops upset?

#97908 Aug 17, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You don't know?
Because that's where they were created. And there light was created all the way to us.
You are challenging God who spoke everything into existence. That's pretty powerful. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes come judgement day.
You're not even a useful tool.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#97909 Aug 17, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You don't know?
If anyone is in trouble it is the creatards who after they were shown how life evolved rejected the work of the Lord.

Level 9

cops upset?

#97910 Aug 17, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You don't know?
No, it is because the universe is greater than 6,000 years old by a few orders of magnitude. There are stars much further away and the light we see from them left them millions of years ago. I wouldn't expect much from a person whose only opinion is told to him by others. You are a very ignorant sheep. The favorite fodder of fundamentalism. It is like cigarettes only worse. Your vice can bring others down with you.

Well, this is your queue for another series of cut and paste.

Level 2

Location hidden

#97911 Aug 17, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Which judgement day? Wasn't the last one this past December?

Level 2

Location hidden

#97912 Aug 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
You are a very ignorant sheep. The favorite fodder of fundamentalism. It is like cigarettes only worse. Your vice can bring others down with you.
Young Earthers are no different than Holocaust deniers or those who refuse the moon landing happened.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#97913 Aug 17, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You don't know?
So once again you are admitting that you believe in a God that lies.

The light that was already "on its way" could not be light from any star since that light will take from 4 years for the closest of stars to billions of years for the oldest of stars to get here.

He also made the asteroids rotate as if the solar system was billions of years old. Now I have heard of attention to details when telling a whopper, but that is quite extreme.

Level 9

cops upset?

#97914 Aug 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
So once again you are admitting that you believe in a God that lies.
The light that was already "on its way" could not be light from any star since that light will take from 4 years for the closest of stars to billions of years for the oldest of stars to get here.
He also made the asteroids rotate as if the solar system was billions of years old. Now I have heard of attention to details when telling a whopper, but that is quite extreme.
It occurs to me and maybe somebody else has thought about this, but if the universe is only 6,000 years old, then we would only be seeing light from the earliest stars just now right. Starting 6000 years ago, we would have started seeing new stars come into existence as time progressed so that the night sky today would not look like it did back then. Stars would have been winking on regularly throughout that time wouldn't they? I wonder what the fundie answer to this is. Probably some sort of magic action by God, to fool humans or make them think the universe is older.

Level 9

cops upset?

#97915 Aug 17, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Young Earthers are no different than Holocaust deniers or those who refuse the moon landing happened.
You have my full agreement on that. Often they may be the same folks.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97916 Aug 17, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
You hillbilly MORON...
Your claim was that only one single cell gave birth to all life on earth.
My response is that, in all likelihood, when life came together chemically in the oceans of the early earth, it was in countless trillions of different molecules at the same time.
Ha, Ha, now we have gone from spontaneous generation to spontaneous life explosion, you religious idiots need to get together and stick with the same fairy tale

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97917 Aug 17, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Think for one minute. Evolution believes that all life came from one cell. What about that genetic diversity?
Adam and Eve had perfect DNA intelligently designed to populate the world.
I'm telling you , these idiots are hilarious

Level 9

Everett, WA

#97918 Aug 17, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm telling you , these idiots are hilarious
And bohart shows that he cannot do even simple math.

Poor fool. He probably laughs like a donkey too.

Isn't it funny how idiots have to overcompensate for their inability to get a joke.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#97919 Aug 17, 2013
Fact is all I see here is a bunch of pissing and moaning from both sides saying I am right and you are wrong. Bring the facts/evidence to the table and support your claim. Not Wiki, not Genius. Leave all that behind and show-up-to-date evidence of either. Lets the games begin.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#97920 Aug 17, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Fact is all I see here is a bunch of pissing and moaning from both sides saying I am right and you are wrong. Bring the facts/evidence to the table and support your claim. Not Wiki, not Genius. Leave all that behind and show-up-to-date evidence of either. Lets the games begin.
Sorry, evolution has already been proven. It is accepted by over 99% of all biologists and geologists. We really do not need to defend it. It is fun to do so, and for well proven ideas there really is nothing wrong with Wikipedia. They will not get Euclidean geometry wrong there. They will not get Newtonian physics wrong there. Adn they won't get basic evolution wrong there.

It is not as if it were cutting edge science. Now if you were arguing abiogenesis you would have a valid point. But on evolution and the basics behind it, not a chance.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#97921 Aug 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, evolution has already been proven. It is accepted by over 99% of all biologists and geologists. We really do not need to defend it. It is fun to do so, and for well proven ideas there really is nothing wrong with Wikipedia. They will not get Euclidean geometry wrong there. They will not get Newtonian physics wrong there. Adn they won't get basic evolution wrong there.
It is not as if it were cutting edge science. Now if you were arguing abiogenesis you would have a valid point. But on evolution and the basics behind it, not a chance.
But then again Sub, the other day with Wiki, your article and my article varied quit a bit, while both were from Wiki. So no I do not think wiki is a good source or they would be consistent in all their articles.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#97922 Aug 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And again I will say this. Evolution is merely change, when it comes down to it,,,, well one can not argue that everything changes. But again even though everything changes over time, I and no one that I know or any article I have read has seen one form change to another form.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#97923 Aug 17, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
But then again Sub, the other day with Wiki, your article and my article varied quit a bit, while both were from Wiki. So no I do not think wiki is a good source or they would be consistent in all their articles.
Which Wiki articles were those?

I will grant that if you can find some variation in Wiki that we go to peer reviewed science. Of course that still leaves the creationists out in the cold.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#97924 Aug 18, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And again I will say this. Evolution is merely change, when it comes down to it,,,, well one can not argue that everything changes. But again even though everything changes over time, I and no one that I know or any article I have read has seen one form change to another form.
Evolution does not claim that. That is a mischaracterization of what evolution says. In fact once you define a clade all of the offspring, no matter how many generations down the road, still belong to the same clade.

The problem is that I see creationists always refer to "kinds" without ever properly defining them.

I was a bit trickier earlier and exploited Tzar's ignorance. I asked if bacteria were a "kind". He said yes. Since there is more diversity in bacteria than all of plant, animals, fungi, and I forgot protozoa, that means all of the eukaryotes can be said to be one kind.

In fact from an intelligent bacteria's point of view all animals would look pretty much the same. A creationist one would have no problem with animals evolving since there would be no change of kind. They would still be animals.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#97925 Aug 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Wiki articles were those?
I will grant that if you can find some variation in Wiki that we go to peer reviewed science. Of course that still leaves the creationists out in the cold.
Something to do with the poverty in China. I am going to bed so I am not going back to look them up tonight. Be my guest and you can do it or I will next time I am on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 8 min Denny CranesPlace 17,941
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 8 min DILF 4,792
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 9 min DILF 7,361
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 9 min Mechanic 4,018
Word Association (Jun '10) 10 min DILF 26,689
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 10 min DILF 25,417
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 13 min Go Blue Forever 828
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min CJ Rocker 158,061
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 25 min TALLYHO 8541 39,417
Rest in Peace, Spock 2 hr Grace nerissa 313