Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 209675 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#97939 Aug 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
700 Club, Huh? You really are gullible.
the same people who said Katrina and the Haiti earthquake were punishments from a proven mythical god...

yeah, the Tzar has some real credibility....

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#97940 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
You are challenging God who spoke everything into existence. That's pretty powerful. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes come judgement day.
Personally I'd find it a blessing to be left behind on judgement day. An Earth without evangelicals sounds like heaven.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#97941 Aug 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Good, then all animals, all plants, and all fungi are another kind.

The diversity of bacteria is greater than the diversity of all of these put together:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Nope.

bacteria is one kind.
Dogs, wolves, etc. is one kind
Cats is a kind
Trees are one kind
Grass is one kind

Makes no difference how diverse bacteria is they are one kind.

But here a new updated category for you.

Evolutionist are of the ape kind
The rest of humanity are of the man kind.

This has been changed to reflect your dying aspiration to be a monkey.
Gm man

Chicago, IL

#97942 Aug 18, 2013
Gillette wrote:
As a longtime Topix poster, a retired professional geologist named FossilBob used to say (about these Creationist "science websites"):
"They know that you don't know, and they know that you won't check."
And so the Christian lies, distortions, creative "omissions" etc., get passed on over and over again by sheeple like you guys.
Humans a direct product(learned behavior) of their surrounings and environment. Monkey see, monkey do....after all they evolved from apes....? Or, star dust or something? God or Gods created all this? Humans are eaisly brainwashed.....look around. They only focus on what directly in front of them while billions of "earthlike" planets orbit around them. The human mind can not comprehend nor wants to know what out there......to scary!
Level 1

Location hidden

#97943 Aug 18, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You're not even a useful tool.
http://youtu.be/rkgunX_Sa_0
Level 1

Location hidden

#97944 Aug 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>So once again you are admitting that you believe in a God that lies.

The light that was already "on its way" could not be light from any star since that light will take from 4 years for the closest of stars to billions of years for the oldest of stars to get here.

He also made the asteroids rotate as if the solar system was billions of years old. Now I have heard of attention to details when telling a whopper, but that is quite extreme.
You know your an idiot right?
You really believe God could not make a star and have its light shine out lightyears ahead of it?

He spoke everything into existence Including light. But deep down you know this.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#97945 Aug 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the same people who said Katrina and the Haiti earthquake were punishments from a proven mythical god...
yeah, the Tzar has some real credibility....
The only credibility he has is from paying his utility bills on time.
Level 1

Location hidden

#97946 Aug 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>So once again you are admitting that you believe in a God that lies.

The light that was already "on its way" could not be light from any star since that light will take from 4 years for the closest of stars to billions of years for the oldest of stars to get here.

He also made the asteroids rotate as if the solar system was billions of years old. Now I have heard of attention to details when telling a whopper, but that is quite extreme.
Your science is real good in this department.

"We have found that this is the oldest known star with a well-determined age," said Howard Bond of Pennsylvania State University in University Park, Pa., and the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, Md.
The star could be as old as 14.5 billion years (plus or minus 0.8 billion years), which at first glance would make it older than the universe's calculated age of about 13.8 billion years, an obvious dilemma.
Level 1

Location hidden

#97947 Aug 18, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It occurs to me and maybe somebody else has thought about this, but if the universe is only 6,000 years old, then we would only be seeing light from the earliest stars just now right. Starting 6000 years ago, we would have started seeing new stars come into existence as time progressed so that the night sky today would not look like it did back then. Stars would have been winking on regularly throughout that time wouldn't they? I wonder what the fundie answer to this is. Probably some sort of magic action by God, to fool humans or make them think the universe is older.
Boy are you slow.
Level 1

Location hidden

#97948 Aug 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>I'm telling you , these idiots are hilarious
It's a good time to say the least.

St. Croix valley

#97949 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You really believe God could not make a star and have its light shine out lightyears ahead of it?
He spoke everything into existence Including light. But deep down you know this.
A god that has been proven to be a myth time and time again? no the false idol you worship created nothing. your cult created that false idol and you worship like the idiot you continue to prove yourself to be...

St. Croix valley

#97950 Aug 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The only credibility he has is from paying his utility bills on time.
you think his mom's basement has a separate utility hookup?

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#97951 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
It's "you're", as in "you are".
Level 1

Location hidden

#97952 Aug 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution does not claim that. That is a mischaracterization of what evolution says. In fact once you define a clade all of the offspring, no matter how many generations down the road, still belong to the same clade.

The problem is that I see creationists always refer to "kinds" without ever properly defining them.

I was a bit trickier earlier and exploited Tzar's ignorance. I asked if bacteria were a "kind". He said yes. Since there is more diversity in bacteria than all of plant, animals, fungi, and I forgot protozoa, that means all of the eukaryotes can be said to be one kind.

In fact from an intelligent bacteria's point of view all animals would look pretty much the same. A creationist one would have no problem with animals evolving since there would be no change of kind. They would still be animals.
"Evolution does not claim that"

Evolution claims all life came from the first single cell life form. And with billions and billions of lucky mutations a lizard came forth a few more billions of mutations all for the good (what a lucky run of luck we had) atheist came forth and walked across Africa and met man and man offered his new monkey friend a beer and said "took you long enough"
Level 1

Location hidden

#97953 Aug 18, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>I note you don't actually quote what Darwin actually said.

I wonder why?
I did there are a few quotes keep looking.
Level 1

Location hidden

#97954 Aug 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Humanity began as black, dumbass.
You know this how?

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#97955 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Think for one minute. Evolution believes that all life came from one cell. What about that genetic diversity?
Adam and Eve had perfect DNA intelligently designed to populate the world.
who said life originated from one cell? Multiple cells probably started around the same time, in many pools of goo.

then over BILLIONS OF YEARS, different species developed. recent advances in micro-biology show that all life on Earth have similarities in their DNA make up
Level 1

Location hidden

#97956 Aug 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>The "God faked everything to fool us" is one of my favorite stupid fundie arguments.
No it Satan that is fooling you.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#97957 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
bacteria is one kind.
Dogs, wolves, etc. is one kind
Cats is a kind
Trees are one kind
Grass is one kind
Makes no difference how diverse bacteria is they are one kind.
But here a new updated category for you.
Evolutionist are of the ape kind
The rest of humanity are of the man kind.
This has been changed to reflect your dying aspiration to be a monkey.
Nope if you call bacteria one kind then almost all other life is one kind. There is as much diversity in bacteria as there is in all other life on the Earth.

So when we show how bacteria have evolved that is the sort of major "macroevolution" that you are talking about. We have seen in bacteria the same sort of evolution that you want to see that separates man from other apes.

Of course your problem is that you are not consistent. Your side cheats whenever one of its demands are met.

Why do creatards always lie? Because if they were honest they would accept the theory of evolution.

You are and always will be an idiot when it comes to science.

St. Croix valley

#97958 Aug 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evolution does not claim that"
Evolution claims all life came from the first single cell life form. And with billions and billions of lucky mutations a lizard came forth a few more billions of mutations all for the good (what a lucky run of luck we had) atheist came forth and walked across Africa and met man and man offered his new monkey friend a beer and said "took you long enough"
no, not even close to correct.

again, you clearly show your ignorance of the very ideas you are attempting to debunk...

another clear example of you trying to think for yourself with embarrassing results...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min xxxooxxx 200,874
Word Association (Mar '10) 27 min wichita-rick 21,297
2words into 2new words (May '12) 31 min TheJerseyDevil 5,087
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 34 min wichita-rick 4,383
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 40 min wichita-rick 4,224
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 43 min Mila Beaujolais 60,227
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 1 hr TheJerseyDevil 361
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 147,204
News Police Respond To St. Cloud Mall On Reports Of ... 2 hr Spotted Girl 180
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr A_Visitor 61,476