Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#97842 Aug 17, 2013
"Four out of Five Americans Know Earth Revolves Around Sun"

http://www.gallup.com/poll/3742/new-poll-gaug...

The theory that the Earth revolves around the sun has gained popularity in the last few centuries. I predict that soon evolution will gain as much acceptance.

The Cult is losing members.
Just wondering

Oakland, CA

#97843 Aug 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Kanned Ham?
Ken Ham
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/chris...

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#97844 Aug 17, 2013
Just wondering wrote:
Oh, that Kanned Ham. I thought he meant Hormel.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97845 Aug 17, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making Jim Ryan look intelligent.
I would rather try and bring your puddle of goo to life, than to try and make you look intelligent,...now THAT would be a miracle.

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#97846 Aug 17, 2013
This looks pretty cool.

If the Moon were replaced with some of our planets as close as the moon.

Day version:

Night version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#97847 Aug 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, that Kanned Ham. I thought he meant Hormel.
Is that the same Ken Ham who is in prison for tax fraud?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Birmingham, AL

#97848 Aug 17, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather try and bring your puddle of goo to life, than to try and make you look intelligent,...now THAT would be a miracle.
Uh-huh. Keep telling yourself that, peckerhead.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#97849 Aug 17, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the same Ken Ham who is in prison for tax fraud?
I think that is another canned ham, but with the same substance and value (or lack of).

It seems that the evolution of a fundamentalist movement is driven by financial selection.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#97850 Aug 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>A typo is an error. You repeated the same error throughout you post. I agree it is an error, but not that it is a typographical one.
You are just another spammer with nothing substantive to report. If you were serious about any sort of debate on the facts, you wouldn't post it like you were the Fonz. For sure dude.
It doesn't change the fact that you make assertions that it shows recent existence and fail to post evidence to support that it is.
Where is your evidence that supports the soft tissue form "monasaur"? Saying it is so isn't science "Mr. Science".
I do mean accepted scientific evidence regarding your post and not a double posted link to the T-rex story, or AIG, or any creationist website.
I see you are drowning and I would throw you a rope, but you wouldn't accept it because it is made of fibers from a plant that evolved.
Your overreactions are glaring, changing the subject isn't working.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#97851 Aug 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I think that is another canned ham, but with the same substance and value (or lack of).

It seems that the evolution of a fundamentalist movement is driven by financial selection.
My mistake. You're correct.

I was thinking of Hammy's buddy, Kent Hovind.
Just wondering

Oakland, CA

#97852 Aug 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, that Kanned Ham. I thought he meant Hormel.
In either case - the Ham appears to be half cooked ...
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#97853 Aug 17, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssss...... Gillette
Science got the date [of the "Cambrian Explosion] wrong too.
And even more shockingly, the only people who know this are a handful of American Protestant fundamentalist Christians who know nothing about science! Praise Cheeses! It's a miracle!
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#97854 Aug 17, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, looks like there is more to it than talkorigins is telling you.
http://www.ksl.com/...
http://www.ksl.com/...
Now look at this, we have a Monasaur with soft tissue and dinner in his mouth in the high basin of South Dakota,(buried in turbidites), Plesiosaurs found the high deserts(4000 ft+)level in Oregon and Montana,(buried in turbidites), all dated around 70-80 MY. But wait a minute, when we find Mastodons in the same condition,(buried in turbidites), excavated in the same manner, in the same condition, evolutionists date them recent. But why? Both have soft parts? But wait! we have the geologic column to help us here, lucky us, Mastodons can't be that old!, they were not even around waaaaayyy back then, or were they? And of course we have to stick to this line of Dogma for the Jurassic, or the Column would be dead wrong, and that would be a publicity nightmare. Fossils are doing evolution in.
Now tell us how to bury a Monasaur while he's alive having dinner, "here nice little monasaur, lay your little head down and go nighty while you hav din din, and we will through some nice mud on you to sleep under, just like what happened to all your little Plesiosaur playmates today." That are 50ft long, sure.
No, it was the same world-wide catastrophe that got them all. Its over 4000 ft up there and there are Plesiosaurs found world-wide buried the same way. This is telling a story.
The Talkorigins link is discussing the same find as the one you link to.

The tissue was only "soft" after it was chemically rehydrated.

It's interesting that neither Mary Schweitzer nor any other scientist or scientific organization thinks the so-called "soft tissue findings" in ANY WAY refute the long history of evolution.

As Talkorigins says so pointedly, if you Jesus Freaks are right, then virtually EVERY fossil find would have flesh and blood dangling on it, etc. yet it's been found once out of many millions of fossil finds.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#97855 Aug 17, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go sucking zone! notice how your fellow idiot says exactly what you denied, quadrillions of shit coming together at the same time ,ha,ha,ha,. You damn fools will believe in anything
You hillbilly MORON...

Your claim was that only one single cell gave birth to all life on earth.

My response is that, in all likelihood, when life came together chemically in the oceans of the early earth, it was in countless trillions of different molecules at the same time.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#97856 Aug 17, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The evolutionist is failing to mention to his audience that vertebrates constitute less than .01% of the entire fossil record, and of these fossils, most species are represented by a bone or less!1 What about the other 99.99% of the fossil record? That’s the other key piece of information the evolutionist is withholding from you. Complex invertebrates make up the vast majority of this portion of the record, roughly 95%. We have cataloged literally millions of different species of these very complex creatures, and we have entire fossils, not just pieces here and there. In this rich and virtually complete portion of the fossil record, there is not a single sign of evolution, whatsoever!!!
The lies come thinck and fast form you Jesus Freaks, don't they?

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC211.h...

Creationsit Claim CC211:

No fossils have been found transitional between invertebrates and vertebrates.

Response:

1. There are Cambrian fossils transitional between vertebrate and invertebrate:
• Pikaia, an early invertebrate chordate. It was at first interpreted as a segmented worm until a reanalysis showed it had a notochord.
• Yunnanozoon, an early chordate.
• Haikouella, a chordate similar to Yunnanozoon, but with additional traits, such as a heart and a relatively larger brain (Chen et al. 1999).
• Conodont animals had bony teeth, but the rest of their body was soft. They also had a notochord (Briggs et al. 1983; Sansom et al. 1992).
• Cathaymyrus diadexus, the oldest known chordate (535 million years old; Shu et al. 1996).
• Myllokunmingia and Haikouichthys, two early vertebrates that still lack a clear head and bony skeletons and teeth. They differ from earlier invertebrate chordates in having a zigzag arrangement of segmented muscles, and their gill arrangement is more complex than a simple slit (Monastersky 1999).

2. There are living invertebrate chordates (Branchiostoma [Amphioxus], urochordates [tunicates]) and living basal near-vertebrates (hagfish, lampreys) that show plausible intermediate forms.

Links:

Monastersky, Richard, 1999. Waking up to the dawn of vertebrates. Science News 156: 292. http://www.sciencenews.org/sn_arc99/11_6_99/f...
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#97857 Aug 17, 2013
As a longtime Topix poster, a retired professional geologist named FossilBob used to say (about these Creationist "science websites"):

"They know that you don't know, and they know that you won't check."

And so the Christian lies, distortions, creative "omissions" etc., get passed on over and over again by sheeple like you guys.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#97858 Aug 17, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your overreactions are glaring, changing the subject isn't working.
In other words, you have nothing.

Why don't you just make some more shit up.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#97859 Aug 17, 2013
Gillette wrote:
As a longtime Topix poster, a retired professional geologist named FossilBob used to say (about these Creationist "science websites"):
"They know that you don't know, and they know that you won't check."
And so the Christian lies, distortions, creative "omissions" etc., get passed on over and over again by sheeple like you guys.
FossilBob knows what he is talking about. Does he still post on here. I haven't seen him since last year.

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#97860 Aug 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you have nothing.
Why don't you just make some more shit up.
Hey Dan you need to lay off that devil in the bottle before you end up like this poor soul.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#97861 Aug 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>FossilBob knows what he is talking about. Does he still post on here. I haven't seen him since last year.
I talk to him on FB. I've not seen him on Topix lately, I think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 6 min Crystal_Clear722 3,028
MY... 6 ... WORDS for the day.... (Apr '09) 7 min Wildbluerose 1,138
Paws by Claus: Santa delivers for animal shelter 13 min Bob 2
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 20 min Crystal_Clear722 330
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 26 min Bubbletoes 10
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 28 min Enzo49 25,855
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 30 min TALLYHO 8541 37,762
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr stray-cat 152,790
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 hr Chilli J 3,014
More from around the web