Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#96430 Aug 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they do not strip the electron off of hydrogen to make antihydrogen.
Are you ignorant about all science?
They make antiprotons by extremely high energy collisions of regular particles, probably protons. If the collision is high enough energy particle pairs are created. Scientists have been able to make positrons for a very long time. Now, with CERN, they can make anti-protons. Mixing antiprotons and positrons together and you will have antihydrogen. See macumazahn's post on how they could be controlled.
I needed my dose of humor for the day, Sub. I read it online that LHC is studying fundamental particles, that includes subatomic particles that make up hydrogen.

Why are they more interested in antimatter when we haven't really discovered how the simplest matter can be created?

Level 5

above and beyond

#96431 Aug 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they do not strip the electron off of hydrogen to make antihydrogen.
Are you ignorant about all science?
I never said that's how it antihydrogen is formed. No!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#96432 Aug 8, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we know about that theory. I meant to ask 'can they create hydrogen in the lab?'
Of course. If you they can make positrons you also make electrons at the same time. If you can make antiprotons you make protons at the same time.

This is called "pair production". When you make a particle with energy you always make its anti particle too.

Of course protons are everywhere, electrons are everywhere. Making something that already exists is not all that exciting. Nowhere else on the Earth can you find anti-hydrogen. That is what makes this work very exciting.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96433 Aug 8, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that's how it antihydrogen is formed. No!
Perhaps, but what you said was equally as foolish:
LHC is trying to split electron and proton from Hydrogen atom to study the fundamental particles.

This is like trying to split chromosome pairs and see what kind of creature will be produced. LOL!
They are not trying to split the electron from hydrogen to study fundamental particles. They are making their own anti-hydrogen to study fundamental physics. Huge difference.

And of course the rest of your analogy fails too.

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#96434 Aug 8, 2013
SODN wrote:
Creation wins
The Darwin Award.

Level 5

above and beyond

#96435 Aug 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. If you they can make positrons you also make electrons at the same time. If you can make antiprotons you make protons at the same time.
This is called "pair production". When you make a particle with energy you always make its anti particle too.
Of course protons are everywhere, electrons are everywhere. Making something that already exists is not all that exciting. Nowhere else on the Earth can you find anti-hydrogen. That is what makes this work very exciting.
They find it interesting because they want to know if there are stars or anywhere in the universe that are made of antimatter, if you watched the video on one of the links.

Why would antimatter be any more exciting when antimatter and matter annihilate one another?

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#96436 Aug 8, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
That their parents were going through troubles, and were not able to safely raise a child. That it was BECAUSE they loved the child they put him up for adoption, to live a better life than they were able to provide. A very selfless and difficult decision for sure, but its obvious they did it out of love. It's the selfish parents that keep a child even though they have no means to raise them. Imagine how difficult it must have been for the parents to part with a child. That, is love.
This lunatic isn't interested in answers to questions about adoption. He is making a threat to post some old posts of mine from another thread in an effort to show you all how horrible I am and ultimately chase me off. I made disparaging comments about another poster regarding his parentage. He has made it a point to stalk and attack me based on a claimed insult that I don't think ever actually happened and I didn't participate in anyway. I am sorry that he has made his personal issues with me and his mental illness a part of this forum.

Level 5

above and beyond

#96437 Aug 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, but what you said was equally as foolish:
<quoted text>
They are not trying to split the electron from hydrogen to study fundamental particles. They are making their own anti-hydrogen to study fundamental physics. Huge difference.
And of course the rest of your analogy fails too.
Are you gonna be a jerk now?

This is why I said that statement. I looked up what happens when hydrogen is split.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Someone answered:

"A hydrogen atom is a single proton and an electron so the question is really what happens when you split a proton.

The answer is that there are no stable particles that can be formed if you split a proton (and it has been done in proton-proton collisions in particle accelerators). What happens is that the energy involved in the collision creates lots of unstable particles. This is exactly what the LHC is doing - splitting protons in such collisions to examine fundamental particles!"

Now, do you agree? Sorry I didn't make the reference earlier.

As for the rest of my analogy, it is an important analogy, because science might be able to explain and discover why "pairs" (from atoms to chromosomes) exist.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#96438 Aug 8, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we know about that theory. I meant to ask 'can they create hydrogen in the lab?'
Hydrogen can be extracted, but it cannot be created.

Level 5

above and beyond

#96439 Aug 8, 2013
Do you know why we have base pairs of nucleotides joined with hydrogen bond in our DNA?

that's another topic...

Level 5

above and beyond

#96440 Aug 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hydrogen can be extracted, but it cannot be created.
and yet we are creating antimatter. lol

Level 5

above and beyond

#96441 Aug 8, 2013
or antihydrogen...
Hulu

Chicago, IL

#96442 Aug 8, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you say we are primitive? our technology is making progress. It's just a "matter" of time...
Every living thing on this planet has become extinct....primitive humans are no exception. The earth has limits, humans are tampering with things they should just leave alone.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96443 Aug 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hydrogen can be extracted, but it cannot be created.
I disagree.

To make a anti-proton you need a very high energy collision. That should make a proton anti-proton pair. Once you make a proton to make hydrogen all you need to do is to expose it to the real world. It will strip an electron off of the first non-hydrogen atom that it sees. Of course hydrogen is plentiful, anti-hydrogen is not. So the antihydrogen gets all of the press.

Level 5

above and beyond

#96444 Aug 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
To make a anti-proton you need a very high energy collision. That should make a proton anti-proton pair. Once you make a proton to make hydrogen all you need to do is to expose it to the real world. It will strip an electron off of the first non-hydrogen atom that it sees. Of course hydrogen is plentiful, anti-hydrogen is not. So the antihydrogen gets all of the press.
Now you're being funny. Antihydrogen has a lifetime of 0.1 seconds. That's a 0.1 second of fame, but can be trapped for 16 minutes. lol

Now why aren't we producing hydrogen? do you know why antimatter and matter annihilate?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#96445 Aug 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
Hydrogen cannot be created from nothing, what you are proposing is to rip something else apart twice at a expense of energy.
When it is much simpler to simply extract hydrogen, it's not like there's not enough of it around. Nuclear transmutation can create
one thing to another but when matter is not conserved, the mass and energy associated with matter are conserved.

http://www.fnal.gov/pub/inquiring/questions/j...
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96446 Aug 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's your link: www.google.com
Do your own homework.
Yeah, just as I figured. Didn't think you had anything that you claimed or you would have blasted it all over the thread.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96447 Aug 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful! Let's see the evidence.
Obviously, YOU are too hardhearted to 'see' anything of God.

I can't help you see it, you have to do it for yourself.

Told you that before, remember?

That's why it's called "personal relationship with God"....

not "group relationship with God".
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96448 Aug 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful! Let's see the evidence.
Romans 1:20-22

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#96449 Aug 8, 2013
It took you two posts to say you really **DONT** have evidence for God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man accused of stealing restaurant's plumbing 11 min Spotted Girl 8
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 21 min Bill 342
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 33 min SUG here 3,890
Cops: Woman Tries to Break Into Ex's House, Get... 34 min Christsharian Law 2
What's your tip for the day? 35 min Mega Monster 1,214
Teacher's Disciplinary Tool: 'Wheel of Misfortune' 38 min Christsharian Law 2
Pittsburgh wins Gawker.com ugliest accent tourney 41 min Christsharian Law 1
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 1 hr Christsharian Law 6
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr a_visitor 148,913
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 2 hr a_visitor 24