Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195351 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96388 Aug 7, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing in science can be proven in the sense you mean as an absolute. Yet you still use the computer, drive a car, eat food produced through modern science. Evolution is the best scientific answer to the evidence of the development and diversity of life that we have. It explains and predicts and provides the basis of modern biology. The same biology that drives medicine, agriculture, and conservation among other endeavors.
It doesn't drive people from God. It doesn't cause atheism. It is being taught in high schools, colleges and universities all across this country. Where are the throngs of atheists that you claim are being generated?
So you are saying that our best understanding of the facts should be concealed so that your view of religion can be the only one supplied to people? Only doing this can save them? If a person has a question about the biblical flood, the answer should be that they just accept the flood as real even though there is no evidence for it? How is that honest? How is that praising God? Are you saying your version of Christianity is so weak that you have to hide from facts?
but there are no facts that fish and apes became humans

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#96389 Aug 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok now you can call me weird but,,,,,,,,
For the last 19 years I can be doing anything. Working, playing, fishing, hunting, you name it and I can look at a clock out of the blue, for no reason and I see 11:11 or 1:11 at least two-three times just about every day. I am thinking what the hell! Now if that is not weird enough for ya here is more. I have woke up many times for no reason and it will be 1:11 am. My birthdate year and day =11 plus month, day and last digit of year =11. I used to live at 111 --- street. I worked at a place for 9 years after 2 years of training(9+2=11) which address happened to be 1111 ------ Ave. When I lost my 2 fingers, yep that date happened to be the 11th day in Nov or 11/11. My Mom was born 10-1-38 now 10+1=11, 3+8=11, She died 1/2010(1+10=11). My oldest daughter was born 5/24 add em up =11. My youngest daughter was born 5/27 which =14 but 3 years later so minus the 3 years between her sister = 11 and minus the 3 days between her sister =11. My ex-wife was born 9/2 add em up =11. Had surgery on my knee 8/3/11 (8+3=11 plus 11 in the year). In my family there were 5 boys and 4 girls plus 2 parents = 11. There are more that I could factor in there but you get the picture lol. Too many 1ís and/or 11ís are starting to bug me lol.
A lot of that is what is called confirmation bias. On the dates adding up to 11. There are many dates that don't add up to 11 no matter how you manipulate the numbers. Please note that you manipulated the numbers several different ways to get the 11's.

So it may seem weird, but I would not put too much stock into it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96390 Aug 7, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by that statement?

It does not really make sense.

Now there is plenty of evidence that we are the ultimate descendants of certain fish. If you get enough evidence to support an idea sooner or later you call that idea a fact. That is why so many scientists talk about the fact of evolution.

The idea that something will fall is just a theory too. If someone held a hammer over your head and threatened to drop it would you tell him "that is only a theory"? Sooner or later the evidence that supports a theory gets so strong that people treat it as a fact.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96391 Aug 7, 2013
And I have had enough spot the lies from Ray for tonight.

I may watch it again, but I think my point was made that the video is chock full of lies.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96392 Aug 7, 2013
SubZone I guess all my 1's and/or 11's were to much for you lol. It really bugs the crap out of me let me tell ya.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96393 Aug 7, 2013
Okay, I can't help myself. I am not counting anymore but he is given several examples of evolution and then Ray claims "that is not Darwinian evolution". Worst of all the idiot is maintaining that claim when people if use "Darwin's Finches" as examples of evolution.

Seriously! How dumb can you be. The birds that perhaps had the greatest impact on Darwin are not examples of Darwinian evolution according to Ray Comfort.

Buwaa ha ha!!

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96394 Aug 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of that is what is called confirmation bias. On the dates adding up to 11. There are many dates that don't add up to 11 no matter how you manipulate the numbers. Please note that you manipulated the numbers several different ways to get the 11's.
So it may seem weird, but I would not put too much stock into it.
Many fall on or are 1 or 11 to begin with and with the others it is just simple mathematics of addition or subtraction of a number that is already there with in the date. I don't think/know if it is confirmation bias. I don't have an answer but it bugs me for so many 1's or 11's to keep popping up. With that said I think I am off to get some shut eye.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96396 Aug 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Many fall on or are 1 or 11 to begin with and with the others it is just simple mathematics of addition or subtraction of a number that is already there with in the date. I don't think/know if it is confirmation bias. I don't have an answer but it bugs me for so many 1's or 11's to keep popping up. With that said I think I am off to get some shut eye.
Didn't you choose different locations for your numbers when you added. And in one case you added a 3 and an 8.

Again, it is simply confirmation bias. You conveniently forget the many dates that you can't do this to.

Like I said, don't put too much faith in this.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96398 Aug 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you choose different locations for your numbers when you added. And in one case you added a 3 and an 8.
Again, it is simply confirmation bias. You conveniently forget the many dates that you can't do this to.
Different locations? Yes 3+8 (my mothers birth year 38) 3+8 will always be 11 same as 2+2 will always be 4.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96399 Aug 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are over looking I lost my fingers 11th month, 11th day. We had 9 kids and 2 parents total 11 in the family. Knee surg was 8/3/11 11th year 8 month + 3rd day +11. worked at 1111 --- Ave for years. Lived at 111 --- street for years etc etc. Now I can see if I added, divided, multiplied and minus to get 11 but it is just simple math of either one addition or one subtraction to get some of those numbers though many are either 1 or 11 to begin with. Past my bedtime. Have a good one.

“No such thing as ABIODARWINISM”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

No ABIODARWINISTS either!

#96400 Aug 8, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again fish did not turn directly into humans and neither did apes, but there is fossil evidence showing the progressive development of organisms from pre-existing organisms until we get to extant species. There are fossils of human ancestors that lead up to existing humans. There is evidence in our genes that we share a high number of genes with chimpanzees. There is evidence that human chromosome two is the result of a fusion between two chromosomes found in their ancestral condition in apes. Human chromosome two bears all the features of the ancestral chromosomes and the features of fusion. This fused chromosome is shared by Neanderthals and Denisovans as well putting indicating that the fusion occurred prior to the divergence of these two extinct lines. There is evidence of shared endogenous retroviruses (ERV) with other ape species. These viruses put part of their DNA in our genome and can be used to show relatedness. After the human/chimpanzee lines diverged new ERV's would show as distinct for each lineage. Pre-divergence ERVs would be shared and they are.

So there is evidence, just not the kind you seem to think should be there and I would bet it is because you are getting a lot of your science information from nonsense sources.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96401 Aug 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Different locations? Yes 3+8 (my mothers birth year 38) 3+8 will always be 11 same as 2+2 will always be 4.
No, you picked different locations to add from.
Again it is not that hard to get one specific number by adding. For two digit number 10 and eleven are easy.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96402 Aug 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Again it is not that hard to get one specific number by adding. For two digit number 10 and eleven are easy.
Yep pretty easy to get eleven out of a two digit number. Matter of fact it is four out of ten. 9+2, 8+3, 7+4, 6+5 that is 4 out of ten or you can add in 2+9, 3+8, 4+7, 5+6 which would be 8 out of twenty. That is 40% of a chance. The odds are in favor of that huh.:-)

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96405 Aug 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you really want to break it down it comes down to this. 8 out of 100 for 8%.
Or you can write it this way from 0 to 99 which again is 100
29 or 92, 38 or 83, 47 or 74, 56 or 65. Again 8 out of 100 for 8%

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96406 Aug 8, 2013
Just for fun. This tree "barked" about becoming human through evolution but could not get it right so had to "leave" the idea to the "roots" of its ancestors.

http://synthesis.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#96407 Aug 8, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love watching you guys get your feathers up, claws out and tongues of fire lit up. All it takes is showing how wrong you are, evidence to the contrary and boy do the criticisms and attacks fly.
There is plenty of evidence in God, that is so obvious that a child can see it, and billions of people around the world laughing at your unbelievable 'crazy evo' ideas.
Wonderful! Let's see the evidence.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#96408 Aug 8, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
and....look who is talking...so do you, "Bub".
but you guys try and find discoveries while hiding your information from each other, while you work on your projects.
The race of scientific discoveries and competition between you guys only confirms that this is a recipe for lies and deception to the world AND to each other.
People who believe in God, don't compete, we work together, helping each other learn the truth...
Big difference in the outcome too.
Seriously Imagine, you need a hobby. Have you tried knitting?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#96409 Aug 8, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you link me to the website you checked and found info about him collaborating on some papers?
Remember, he worked there 1988-2005 and then retired academia to lecture around the world.
Here's your link: www.google.com

Do your own homework.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#96410 Aug 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Wonderful! Let's see the evidence.
Prediction:

"A baby's smile"
"Morning dew on a fresh flower bud"
Rainbows, "Goldilocks Zone, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#96411 Aug 8, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Prediction:
"A baby's smile"
"Morning dew on a fresh flower bud"
Rainbows, "Goldilocks Zone, yadda, yadda, yadda...
You forgot "Flowers are purddy"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 2 min Orca Winfrey 2,490
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: (Apr '15) 3 min Grace Nerissa 6,810
One Word (Jan '09) 4 min Fortitude 15,134
Post any FOUR words 5 min Connie Dombroke 521
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 5 min Roxie Darling 25,385
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 min Grace Nerissa 55,677
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 11 min Roxie Darling 15,732
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 57 min chillin 189,225
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr Lucy the First 5,318
Transgender bathrooms .... thoughts? 1 hr Bad Bex 47