Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 217144 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#96341 Aug 7, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
The video I wanted you to see was the right one. Did you watch it?
I don't think the video you wanted me to see came up when I took the link. I did agree with Matt Mira that Popeye was Robin Williams' worst film and I thought the Nissan Batmobile with the flamethrower was pretty cool. Probably not the video you were talking about.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96342 Aug 7, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So I take it, that it was the right video. I'll check it out again.
This is it. Just to make sure it works correctly this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96343 Aug 7, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think the video you wanted me to see came up when I took the link. I did agree with Matt Mira that Popeye was Robin Williams' worst film and I thought the Nissan Batmobile with the flamethrower was pretty cool. Probably not the video you were talking about.
Lol!

The link messed up but I reposted it for you. lol!

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96344 Aug 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the star that is radiating and not the planet, and the answer is yes. They are not measuring light from the planet when they measure its temperature.
I guess you missed this post:
"How are they accurately measuring its temp when it takes 1250 light years for even the light from it to get here?"

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96345 Aug 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
"I knew this woman in church that had very big jugs. We used to take her fishing. Did I ever mention I liked fishing?" That quote should sound very familiar to one person in this forum.
WELL!!! The DanFromSmithville stalker I cannot believe you have not yet stepped up an claimed this post yet. That is the same as lying. Maybe because I had a few words wrong. It actually went -
"Did I mention that there is a woman in my church with huge jugs. Sometimes we go fishing with them. Did I mention that I like to fish?"

You need links or going to deny this too?

Level 9

#96346 Aug 7, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Thanks. I thought it might have.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96347 Aug 7, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the biblical description is not clear and in places contradicts itself.
Ryan and Pitman proposed that a massive flood of the black see occurred around 5500BC. This very large, but localized flood is the basis of many of the flood myths including the biblical story of Noah.
You left this off of the page you linked.
"Just a few generations ago, though, the question of the Flood created whole decades of cultural flame wars. Geology won the argument and the Biblical literalists lost. The Flood could not have covered the whole world, it could not have laid down every sedimentary rock bed in a few months, and Noah could not have rescued every living species. The rocks put the lie to all that.
This debate, along with the equally ferocious argument over evolution as well as other trends of the 1800s, basically debunked the Bible as an authority for any physical truth. But while the Bible is of no use as a geology text, it does have value in its version of the Flood. In that sense, Ryan and Pitman have rehabilitated the good book."
The link doesn't claim that the story of Noah is true, but that it may have a factual basis in localized flooding. Science has never ruled out that possibility and even publicly made claims supporting that view. Here two scientists seem to be the ones that have evidence to support the possibility.
Yeah, I noticed its wasn't the best example. I guess I was showing that die hard geologists, that had previously tried their best to debunk the flood, are now looking for more proof that there was a flood (they've had a change of heart from things they're seeing today).

Level 9

#96348 Aug 7, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
This is Ray Comfort's distortion of the truth isn't it. When you watch this ask yourself questions like why does he seem only to be interviewing science students. All he is really doing is presenting evidence on science literacy at best.

The use of the term "kinds" is meaningless in science. How it is used in the Bible is highly subjective and can be defined how you choose.

Now I know where you get the bacteria are still bacteria. Again, that experiment wasn't to see speciation.

The person on the video that says that the interviewer isn't interested in a real answer is correct.

The original founding species of finch on the Galapagos is now different kinds of finch.

If you are really open minded, you should look at information that isn't biased to what you want to hear.

Level 9

#96349 Aug 7, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I noticed its wasn't the best example. I guess I was showing that die hard geologists, that had previously tried their best to debunk the flood, are now looking for more proof that there was a flood (they've had a change of heart from things they're seeing today).
The debunking of the flood won't impact a belief in God. It doesn't take away from the messages of good and evil found in the story.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#96350 Aug 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How are they accurately measuring its temp when it takes 1250 light years for even the light from it to get here?
Sorry, I left for a while.

Didn't you read my post? Didn't you check out the article on Black Bodies?

The answer is from the spectrum. The spectrum that a star gives off does not change as it travels. The speed of light is a constant in a vacuum. So the red light from that star shows up at the same time as the green light does. The spectrum is the same if you measure it from 1 AU or from 1,300 light years.

I should qualify that just a little bit. If the star is retreating at a significant speed then its spectrum will be red shifted. Of course that can be detected too and corrected for.

Once you understand how the spectrum tells us the temperature I will go on to that.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#96351 Aug 7, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love the video, thanks.
Not one shred of evidence. Don't even know how to give answers to what they've been brainwashed to believe in.
Everyone were atheist...interesting.
Romans 1:20-22
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
That was a great video wasn't it?, you are right, they are so brainwashed they don't have a clue about what they believe. It's all faith.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96352 Aug 7, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Cool the comedy of the year.

I have already seen a review of this and it explained all of the old tricks that Ray uses to spread his lies, but I think I will still watch it for myself.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96353 Aug 7, 2013
Watching the video, and besides what are probably unethical edits Ray makes his first obvious lie at about three minutes in. Anyone watch the video? And guesses on what his first lie was?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96354 Aug 7, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>This is Ray Comfort's distortion of the truth isn't it. When you watch this ask yourself questions like why does he seem only to be interviewing science students. All he is really doing is presenting evidence on science literacy at best.
The use of the term "kinds" is meaningless in science. How it is used in the Bible is highly subjective and can be defined how you choose.
Now I know where you get the bacteria are still bacteria. Again, that experiment wasn't to see speciation.
The person on the video that says that the interviewer isn't interested in a real answer is correct.
The original founding species of finch on the Galapagos is now different kinds of finch.
If you are really open minded, you should look at information that isn't biased to what you want to hear.
Its really hard to believe that a fish or an ape became a human, or a whale came from a bear, etc...

If that were so, seems like we would be able to cross breed these different kinds of creatures today, but instead, we see built-in instincts to only be with our own kind.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96355 Aug 7, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a great video wasn't it?, you are right, they are so brainwashed they don't have a clue about what they believe. It's all faith.
Wrong. First off you need to know that Ray Comfort is exceedingly dishonest with his own videos. He edits out explanations. He only includes clips that make people look bad. He even changes the questions he asks people in editing. That is a form of lying.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96356 Aug 7, 2013
He repeats the lie at 3:30 and does not have any answers for his lie, though I am sure he was given answers.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96357 Aug 7, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its really hard to believe that a fish or an ape became a human, or a whale came from a bear, etc...
If that were so, seems like we would be able to cross breed these different kinds of creatures today, but instead, we see built-in instincts to only be with our own kind.
You make that kind of foolish assumption because you are uneducated. Why do you keep yourself willfully ignorant? In real life you are not an idiot, but you are keeping yourself an idiot when it comes to this subject. Why? Does it scare you that much?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96358 Aug 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I left for a while.
Didn't you read my post? Didn't you check out the article on Black Bodies?
The answer is from the spectrum. The spectrum that a star gives off does not change as it travels. The speed of light is a constant in a vacuum. So the red light from that star shows up at the same time as the green light does. The spectrum is the same if you measure it from 1 AU or from 1,300 light years.
I should qualify that just a little bit. If the star is retreating at a significant speed then its spectrum will be red shifted. Of course that can be detected too and corrected for.
Once you understand how the spectrum tells us the temperature I will go on to that.
Ok when I google spectrum I get a bunch of weird crap. I guess I do not know what you are meaning.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96359 Aug 7, 2013
Also at around the thee minute mark it is clear that the question he asks the female scientist are not the questions we hear him ask. As I said, he has been caught doing this before. That is why people in the know demand an unedited tape of interviews when they are dealing with scum like Ray.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96360 Aug 7, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to try to make a funny. I would rather breed with my own kind than to try to breed a bear or a whale wouldn't you? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A to Z songs by title or group! 5 min liam cul8r 44
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 9 min Grace Nerissa 1,766
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... (Aug '15) 12 min Grace Nerissa 1,523
News Cops: Students Charged For Vile Classroom Act 12 min Go Blue Forever 7
News James Clark posts arrest #29 in bizarre case 15 min dummy 1
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 15 min Grace Nerissa 3,743
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 18 min Go Blue Forever 2,477
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 25 min Grace Nerissa 67,351
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr Turnip 2,491
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 4 hr Aussie Kev 10,704
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr Mister Ugly 207,358
More from around the web