Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 200954 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#96289 Aug 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Time still running! and according to science it's been running non stop for 13.7 billion years.
Now, where did time come from?
Yes, where we are. The examples given are were different.

You just admitted earlier that time you know time runs at different rates at different places. The claim was never for stopping time everywhere, only that it can be stopped locally.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96290 Aug 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
God was not made.
Time is the Paradox for the Big Bang.
There is evidence all over world of The world wide flood.
Are you sure?

I can claim the same for the universe.

The universe was not made.

See. They are both equally valid.

And no, time is not a paradox for the Big Bang. It is an unanswered question for the Big Bang. We know the "laws of physics" would be different at the point of the Big Bang. The laws of physics don't "break down" that is the way it is put for amateurs. We are very sure the universe will not act the same in the singularity. That only means that the laws of physics need to be tweaked for that condition

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#96291 Aug 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop with the stories. I doubt if you knew Miller, but I am sure he would not appreciate you calling him a fool.
When this guy says he spent 30 years underground, I would venture that means his head has been buried in the sand at least that long.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96292 Aug 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's even worse than that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3bquO_JrEt4XX
I totally agree with every thing this man said.

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#96293 Aug 7, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>This guy is just well read in creationist propaganda and detached enough to weave it into a personalized, fabricated back story.
Artificial history, artificial science,
will they ever come to reality?

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#96294 Aug 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Time still running! and according to science it's been running non stop for 13.7 billion years.
Now, where did time come from?
The beginning.

Level 9

#96295 Aug 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Artificial history, artificial science,
will they ever come to reality?
I don't think so. There are always going to be ignorant and scared people to buy into this stuff.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96296 Aug 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure?
I can claim the same for the universe.
The universe was not made.
See. They are both equally valid.
And no, time is not a paradox for the Big Bang. It is an unanswered question for the Big Bang. We know the "laws of physics" would be different at the point of the Big Bang. The laws of physics don't "break down" that is the way it is put for amateurs. We are very sure the universe will not act the same in the singularity. That only means that the laws of physics need to be tweaked for that condition
You can say what you want of/about God only because there are no test to show Him to be real or not. That itself baffles the science world for they have no idea how to test for something that is a supreme being or that is above all they know. The bible is not evidence of God not existing, it is evidence of men that were not well educated and did not understand things then as we do now. So when you use the bible to dispute God, you are not really disputing God but you are disputing man that wrote it.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96297 Aug 7, 2013
"I knew this woman in church that had very big jugs. We used to take her fishing. Did I ever mention I liked fishing?" That quote should sound very familiar to one person in this forum.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96298 Aug 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You can say what you want of/about God only because there are no test to show Him to be real or not. That itself baffles the science world for they have no idea how to test for something that is a supreme being or that is above all they know. The bible is not evidence of God not existing, it is evidence of men that were not well educated and did not understand things then as we do now. So when you use the bible to dispute God, you are not really disputing God but you are disputing man that wrote it.
Exactly!
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96299 Aug 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Very good on Evolution vs God.
http://m.youtube.com/watch... #
Love the video, thanks.

Not one shred of evidence. Don't even know how to give answers to what they've been brainwashed to believe in.

Everyone were atheist...interesting.

Romans 1:20-22
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96300 Aug 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
"I knew this woman in church that had very big jugs. We used to take her fishing. Did I ever mention I liked fishing?" That quote should sound very familiar to one person in this forum.
Lets see who steps up and takes credit for this post!

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96301 Aug 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
Science can no more show me evidential facts that a planet that is 1300 million light years away is there, has a temp of 70F, has water and can support life no more than they can show me that God is real or not. But they do spend all their time on trying to find and speculate on the planets that they will never be able to reach.

Level 9

#96302 Aug 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
I would say the statement summarizes and agrees with what most intelligent people on here have said numerous times. I wouldn't say it baffles the science world though. That is a rather uneducated and ill-informed conclusion. Science just doesn't bother.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96303 Aug 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have linked his videos here in the past. Specifically naming spots where he was lying. And proving that he lied.
In one of his videos he lies about what geologists believes. Now he was supposedly a professor at a good sized school. There is quite a bit of interdepartment communication at a large school. He could not be a professor and not know that what he said was not the truth.
He is an worse than an idiot. You are an idiot, if you cared to educate yourself your problem could be fixed. He is educated and he chooses to lie. That is a bigger sin in my book.
Can you give me the specifics..who the geologist is, what he told a lie about?

Which lecture video did you watch?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96304 Aug 7, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Check their website. Other than collaborating on some papers, there no mention of him.
Can you link me to the website you checked and found info about him collaborating on some papers?

Remember, he worked there 1988-2005 and then retired academia to lecture around the world.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96305 Aug 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Science can no more show me evidential facts that a planet that is 1300 million light years away is there, has a temp of 70F, has water and can support life no more than they can show me that God is real or not. But they do spend all their time on trying to find and speculate on the planets that they will never be able to reach.
I am not sure of your 1.3 billion light year claim. I don't know where you got that. That would be a distance far outside of our galaxy. I don't think anyone is looking for extragalactic planets yet. You may have misunderstood an article. I would like to see it if you can find it.

Now many stars that we can see in our galaxy we can measure the temperature of. By knowing how large the star is we know how much energy it is emitting and we can say what the temperature would be at different distances from that star. No guesses, no speculation. Very basic science is all that is needed.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#96306 Aug 7, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I would say the statement summarizes and agrees with what most intelligent people on here have said numerous times. I wouldn't say it baffles the science world though. That is a rather uneducated and ill-informed conclusion. Science just doesn't bother.
Have you watched this video?

You should have an open mind and see what is going on at the universities.

Very good on Evolution vs God.
http://m.youtube.com/watch ...#

Level 9

Everett, WA

#96307 Aug 7, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give me the specifics..who the geologist is, what he told a lie about?
Which lecture video did you watch?
I can't remember which lecture of his I watched. But he claimed that geologists said that all of the Earth was under water in the Cretaceous. NO geologist has ever made this claim. In fact they would laugh at it. Since he was associated with a large university, and he clearly had given this talk more than once he was not only mistaken, he was clearly lying since such an obvious error would have been corrected.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#96308 Aug 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure of your 1.3 billion light year claim. I don't know where you got that. That would be a distance far outside of our galaxy. I don't think anyone is looking for extragalactic planets yet. You may have misunderstood an article. I would like to see it if you can find it.
Now many stars that we can see in our galaxy we can measure the temperature of. By knowing how large the star is we know how much energy it is emitting and we can say what the temperature would be at different distances from that star. No guesses, no speculation. Very basic science is all that is needed.
Here is a good start to where I got that. From there you can research more.

10 Most Habitable Alien Worlds. Furthest one is 1242 light years away. I made a mistake by saying millions of light years away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 min andet1987 44,342
News 110-year-old lobster saved from dinner menu 2 min Christsharian Col... 1
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 4 min Bezeer 82,305
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Sparky 194,080
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min Dont_You_Dare 18,340
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 8 min andet1987 3,182
One Word (Jan '09) 10 min andet1987 16,595
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 17 min lets be real 138
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 26 min Northbound 58,034
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 36 min F_R_E_D 8,435