Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96119 Aug 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Black hole = supermassive BH
Because we know gravity slows time, we know black holes have infinite gravity.
We know mass curves space , black holes have infinite mass.
This was predicted by general relativity before we even found where one was, then we found out there's one in every galaxy.
Science is about evidence. Show me testable evidence that time stops in a black hole or it is all just guess and speculation.

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#96120 Aug 5, 2013
I just laid it all out for you all in a couple of easy to digest statements and yet you all go on with your pseudo-science babble.

Can't say I didn't try!

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#96121 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument of with out space time could not exist is comparable to which came first the chicken or the egg. Space could not exist without time, for in the millisecond space started to exist, time had already began for space to start to exist..
you are not grasping the somple concept that time and space are one. no space, no time. proven fact.

Minnesota's North Coast

#96122 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is about evidence. Show me testable evidence that time stops in a black hole or it is all just guess and speculation.
it has already been proven, with humans there to observe it, that time moves slower in the gravitational well of warped space. when space is warped so much that density goes to infinity, there is no space, hence no time.

proven fact.

Minnesota's North Coast

#96123 Aug 5, 2013
moves slower being the dumbed down version...for you

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#96124 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
=

That is tested by the lowly GPS systems that people use every day.

Newtonian physics is not accurate enough for GPS. Without correcting for both the fact that satellites are moving faster, and therefore time is slowed for them, and for the fact that they are not as deep in Earth's gravity well and therefore time is sped up for them, the GPS systems would not have the accuracy that they do.

So if we do not correct at all, they are off. If we only correct for one factor they are still off.

It takes both corrections to get a correct answer.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96125 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are not grasping the somple concept that time and space are one. no space, no time. proven fact.
Show the proven fact
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96126 Aug 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>=
That is tested by the lowly GPS systems that people use every day.
Newtonian physics is not accurate enough for GPS. Without correcting for both the fact that satellites are moving faster, and therefore time is slowed for them, and for the fact that they are not as deep in Earth's gravity well and therefore time is sped up for them, the GPS systems would not have the accuracy that they do.
So if we do not correct at all, they are off. If we only correct for one factor they are still off.
It takes both corrections to get a correct answer.
Time is not slowed or sped up for GPS or satellites. Now it does take just a little time for their information to get here for it is not instantaneous, but time is not either slowed or sped up,,, we call it time to update and get caught up

Minnesota's North Coast

#96127 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Show the proven fact
i just did. i ahve mentioned it many times, you just can't seem to grasp this concept.

perhaps you should take some time off from making a fool of yourself here and try to learn about the topics you attempt to post on...
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96128 Aug 5, 2013
You haven't shown anything but words. If words are evidence and proven facts then I can say I saw a mermaid and that makes it evidence and proven fact.

Minnesota's North Coast

#96129 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
You haven't shown anything but words. If words are evidence and proven facts then I can say I saw a mermaid and that makes it evidence and proven fact.
no, i have given you verifiable facts about proven, re-testable experiments that show time and space are one.

you are talking about shit you have no clue of and you are looking quite the fool.

you could always research this on your own and find out the truth, why do you not do that and then tell us what you found?

what is your factual basis for believing time can exist without space?

Minnesota's North Coast

#96130 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is not slowed or sped up for GPS or satellites. Now it does take just a little time for their information to get here for it is not instantaneous, but time is not either slowed or sped up,,, we call it time to update and get caught up
you just don't get it. here is an experiment that humans actually participated in...

if have two watches and you put one on satellite and keep one on the Earth, they will not register the same amount of time. the warping of space time caused by the gravity well of the Earth makes time different here than up there.(as SZ pointed out, there is also the speed of the satellite to take into account...)

time is different in different kinds of space because space and time are one.

seriously, you really need to research this so you don't look like such a rube...
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96131 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, i have given you verifiable facts about proven, re-testable experiments that show time and space are one.
you are talking about shit you have no clue of and you are looking quite the fool.
you could always research this on your own and find out the truth, why do you not do that and then tell us what you found?
what is your factual basis for believing time can exist without space?
Then those facts and evidence must not have been posted. For all you have shown is simple words. Since you seem to have time, post those verifiable facts and evidence once more.

Minnesota's North Coast

#96132 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Then those facts and evidence must not have been posted. For all you have shown is simple words. Since you seem to have time, post those verifiable facts and evidence once more.
yes they were, by me and others. we cannot make you able to comprehend them.

again, what is your evidence that time can exist without space?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#96133 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you have no clue.

Here, read and learn:

http://www.bartleby.com/173/
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96134 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes they were, by me and others. we cannot make you able to comprehend them.
again, what is your evidence that time can exist without space?
Show me more than simple words for evidence and facts and we will go from there.

Like I said, someone can say they saw a mermaid but does that make it evidence and fact because someone says so?
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96135 Aug 5, 2013
OH MY. Some one on another thread called me a smart aleck. I have to go now and cry for a while. I will be back tomorrow night to whine and try to get some pity from you all for that harsh name they called me. Yes that is complete sarcasm!!!!

Minnesota's North Coast

#96136 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me more than simple words for evidence and facts and we will go from there.
Like I said, someone can say they saw a mermaid but does that make it evidence and fact because someone says so?
i gave you an historical experiment that you can verify for yourself.

so, again, what is your factual basis for claiming time can exist without space?

you keep saying that with nothing to back it up. i backed up my claim with verifiable facts known the world wide.

what have you got?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#96137 Aug 6, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't want the answer they want a science explanation of where time came from. Because they can't answer with science they will dodge it.
I wont.

Time, distance, and mass/energy are the fundamentals of physics and cannot be explained by any reference to other quantities. All other things are meaured as a relationship between these three fundamentals. For example acceleration is distance / time / time. You can only grasp the 3 fundamentals immediately and intuitively, by experience. They are foundational.

But that is not the same thing as claiming they are constant. Einstein showed that the rate at which time flows can vary. At the extremes of lightspeed and infinite gravity time stops according to general relativity. Is that correct? We cannot be sure but we DO know that time behaves consistently with Einstein's predictions over the range we can measure so as far as we know it IS correct.

“Topix most wanted”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Hands up.

#96138 Aug 6, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You have strange beliefs for an atheist.
So now I am an atheist. I must be an atheist because I am not a fundamentalist and I accept and use science. Once again I am in awe of the fundamentalist arrogance coupled enthusiastically with ignorance and without the hint of a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 7 min Judy 123 2,486
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min johnny belinda 155,230
"man" words 9 min Judy 123 207
Favorite lines from a song (Mar '08) 15 min liam cul8r 3,631
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 17 min Crazy Beautiful 382
tasteless jokes 20 min razz58 88
where empires go to die 21 min Stupid Whitie 1
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 33 min TALLYHO 8541 38,437
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 28,571
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 2 hr mr goodwrench 7,649
More from around the web