Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96112 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you just can't grasp the basic concept that space and time are one. you do not get the one without the other.
this is proven fact. your GPS would not work as accurately as it does if it were not true.
you are talking about things you have no clue about and you look like a fool.
My GPS works because man mapped the world, created and designed the GPS and then programed my GPS to correlate with satellites that are in orbit. A 1st grader can figure that out.

If your works differently do tell how it does.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#96113 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Now have they actually been in a black hole to test it and retest it for evidence or is it just speculation and guessing? We can't call it theory because theory's according to science can be tested. Even the article itself says science still does not really understand what goes on inside them. So again it is speculation and guessing that time stops in black holes.
there can be no space when the planck scale is down to infinity...with no space, no time.

please tell me what part of this you do not understand.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96114 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you have zero understanding of mathematics...
you look like a fool when you talk of things you have no knowledge of.
Then do tell me where mathematics came from. Did space and time create mathematics or did man create mathematics?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#96115 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Time had to be there before space!!!! Without time space could not exist, develop, expand, explode, or anything.
I am still awaiting actual evidence from you supporting what you claim. So far all you can give is mathematics which is an invention of man, thus man controls the answers to mathematics. Man does not control time or space but controls the answers of what they think of them.
Without space, time cannot exist.
Look at the hand of the clock, the hand moved through space in time.
But this is the whole point of the singularity.
If the hand does not move, no time passed.

Inside the Black hole space is compacted to zero
Time is slowed to stop. It could be that way inside with time stationary infinitly. Then the force of gravity weakens and allow space to expand and time to move again.

The universe like inside the black hole was at zero space, the gravity fell allowing space to expand and time to move.

Could have been a singularity 1 minute or infinity , but since you are in it there is no time/space until it expands.
Regardless if it was zero space 1 second or infinity.
time started when space expanded, They in togetherness, space/time had a group hug!:)

St. Croix valley

#96116 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Then do tell me where mathematics came from. Did space and time create mathematics or did man create mathematics?
mathematics express the true nature of the universe.

regardless of where they came from, they describe it well wnough to be called proof, like that of time and space being one. proven fact. proven with real world observations, and yes that means with people being there and observing it.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#96117 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Now have they actually been in a black hole to test it and retest it for evidence or is it just speculation and guessing? We can't call it theory because theory's according to science can be tested. Even the article itself says science still does not really understand what goes on inside them. So again it is speculation and guessing that time stops in black holes.
Black hole = supermassive BH
Because we know gravity slows time, we know black holes have infinite gravity.
We know mass curves space , black holes have infinite mass.

This was predicted by general relativity before we even found where one was, then we found out there's one in every galaxy.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96118 Aug 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Without space, time cannot exist.
Look at the hand of the clock, the hand moved through space in time.
But this is the whole point of the singularity.
If the hand does not move, no time passed.
Inside the Black hole space is compacted to zero
Time is slowed to stop. It could be that way inside with time stationary infinitly. Then the force of gravity weakens and allow space to expand and time to move again.
The universe like inside the black hole was at zero space, the gravity fell allowing space to expand and time to move.
Could have been a singularity 1 minute or infinity , but since you are in it there is no time/space until it expands.
Regardless if it was zero space 1 second or infinity.
time started when space expanded, They in togetherness, space/time had a group hug!:)
Your argument of with out space time could not exist is comparable to which came first the chicken or the egg. Space could not exist without time, for in the millisecond space started to exist, time had already began for space to start to exist..
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96119 Aug 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Black hole = supermassive BH
Because we know gravity slows time, we know black holes have infinite gravity.
We know mass curves space , black holes have infinite mass.
This was predicted by general relativity before we even found where one was, then we found out there's one in every galaxy.
Science is about evidence. Show me testable evidence that time stops in a black hole or it is all just guess and speculation.

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#96120 Aug 5, 2013
I just laid it all out for you all in a couple of easy to digest statements and yet you all go on with your pseudo-science babble.

Can't say I didn't try!

St. Croix valley

#96121 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument of with out space time could not exist is comparable to which came first the chicken or the egg. Space could not exist without time, for in the millisecond space started to exist, time had already began for space to start to exist..
you are not grasping the somple concept that time and space are one. no space, no time. proven fact.

St. Croix valley

#96122 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is about evidence. Show me testable evidence that time stops in a black hole or it is all just guess and speculation.
it has already been proven, with humans there to observe it, that time moves slower in the gravitational well of warped space. when space is warped so much that density goes to infinity, there is no space, hence no time.

proven fact.

St. Croix valley

#96123 Aug 5, 2013
moves slower being the dumbed down version...for you

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#96124 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
=

That is tested by the lowly GPS systems that people use every day.

Newtonian physics is not accurate enough for GPS. Without correcting for both the fact that satellites are moving faster, and therefore time is slowed for them, and for the fact that they are not as deep in Earth's gravity well and therefore time is sped up for them, the GPS systems would not have the accuracy that they do.

So if we do not correct at all, they are off. If we only correct for one factor they are still off.

It takes both corrections to get a correct answer.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96125 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are not grasping the somple concept that time and space are one. no space, no time. proven fact.
Show the proven fact
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96126 Aug 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>=
That is tested by the lowly GPS systems that people use every day.
Newtonian physics is not accurate enough for GPS. Without correcting for both the fact that satellites are moving faster, and therefore time is slowed for them, and for the fact that they are not as deep in Earth's gravity well and therefore time is sped up for them, the GPS systems would not have the accuracy that they do.
So if we do not correct at all, they are off. If we only correct for one factor they are still off.
It takes both corrections to get a correct answer.
Time is not slowed or sped up for GPS or satellites. Now it does take just a little time for their information to get here for it is not instantaneous, but time is not either slowed or sped up,,, we call it time to update and get caught up

St. Croix valley

#96127 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Show the proven fact
i just did. i ahve mentioned it many times, you just can't seem to grasp this concept.

perhaps you should take some time off from making a fool of yourself here and try to learn about the topics you attempt to post on...
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96128 Aug 5, 2013
You haven't shown anything but words. If words are evidence and proven facts then I can say I saw a mermaid and that makes it evidence and proven fact.

St. Croix valley

#96129 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
You haven't shown anything but words. If words are evidence and proven facts then I can say I saw a mermaid and that makes it evidence and proven fact.
no, i have given you verifiable facts about proven, re-testable experiments that show time and space are one.

you are talking about shit you have no clue of and you are looking quite the fool.

you could always research this on your own and find out the truth, why do you not do that and then tell us what you found?

what is your factual basis for believing time can exist without space?

St. Croix valley

#96130 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is not slowed or sped up for GPS or satellites. Now it does take just a little time for their information to get here for it is not instantaneous, but time is not either slowed or sped up,,, we call it time to update and get caught up
you just don't get it. here is an experiment that humans actually participated in...

if have two watches and you put one on satellite and keep one on the Earth, they will not register the same amount of time. the warping of space time caused by the gravity well of the Earth makes time different here than up there.(as SZ pointed out, there is also the speed of the satellite to take into account...)

time is different in different kinds of space because space and time are one.

seriously, you really need to research this so you don't look like such a rube...
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96131 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, i have given you verifiable facts about proven, re-testable experiments that show time and space are one.
you are talking about shit you have no clue of and you are looking quite the fool.
you could always research this on your own and find out the truth, why do you not do that and then tell us what you found?
what is your factual basis for believing time can exist without space?
Then those facts and evidence must not have been posted. For all you have shown is simple words. Since you seem to have time, post those verifiable facts and evidence once more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 min Hoosier Hillbilly 28,464
News The trooper fired at the motorcycle, and then d... 3 min Stupid Liberal 74
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,182
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,999
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min KIMberly504 161,334
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5,473
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 65
motorcycle traveling stories 2 hr NinaRocks 621
News Pregnant Popeyes Manager Fired After Robbery 5 hr wichita-rick 20
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 7 hr Bill 18,178
More from around the web