Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 168957 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96101 Aug 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You should really think before you post.
He gave you two examples of how time can be stopped, you idiot.
Photons never stop, though light slows as it passes through glass then regains it's speed. That is not light/photons stopping time that is the passing through that slows the movement down same as I said a man running 17mph will slow down if he runs through a wall but will regain his speed as well. Black holes stop time? Any evidence of that. Not theory or speculation. Actual evidence of it being tested and retested.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96102 Aug 5, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
So Wrong!
LOL
Gibberish!
I agree. For space to form or even expand, explode, even be there time had to be there first. Without time nothing exists.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#96103 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. For space to form or even expand, explode, even be there time had to be there first. Without time nothing exists.
you two are complete morons...time and space are one. you cannot have time without space.

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#96104 Aug 5, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"Time can be stopped"
LOL
You should really think before you post.
TIme cannot be stopped. Idiot.
http://www.space.com/10702-black-hole-kerr-st...

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#96105 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you two are complete morons...time and space are one. you cannot have time without space.
Space is the only constant that keeps everything from happening in the same place.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96106 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you two are complete morons...time and space are one. you cannot have time without space.
Time had to be there before space!!!! Without time space could not exist, develop, expand, explode, or anything.

I am still awaiting actual evidence from you supporting what you claim. So far all you can give is mathematics which is an invention of man, thus man controls the answers to mathematics. Man does not control time or space but controls the answers of what they think of them.

“Just because it is possible”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Doesn't mean it will happen.

#96107 Aug 5, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't want the answer they want a science explanation of where time came from. Because they can't answer with science they will dodge it.
I'm still waiting for your answer. You haven't given one that I am aware of. Seems a little hypocritical to point fingers at others while not providing an answer yourself.

I am still waiting.

I am also still waiting for you to explain all that cut and paste you posted or at least a bad attempt.

“Rising”

Level 8

Milky Way

#96108 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
When did nothing ever exist?
"Nothing" never existed.
It is impossible for nothing to exist.
If nothing existed, there would be nothing.
Time existed the whole time it existed.

St. Croix valley

#96109 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Time had to be there before space!!!! Without time space could not exist, develop, expand, explode, or anything.
I am still awaiting actual evidence from you supporting what you claim. So far all you can give is mathematics which is an invention of man, thus man controls the answers to mathematics. Man does not control time or space but controls the answers of what they think of them.
you just can't grasp the basic concept that space and time are one. you do not get the one without the other.

this is proven fact. your GPS would not work as accurately as it does if it were not true.

you are talking about things you have no clue about and you look like a fool.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96111 Aug 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Now have they actually been in a black hole to test it and retest it for evidence or is it just speculation and guessing? We can't call it theory because theory's according to science can be tested. Even the article itself says science still does not really understand what goes on inside them. So again it is speculation and guessing that time stops in black holes.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96112 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you just can't grasp the basic concept that space and time are one. you do not get the one without the other.
this is proven fact. your GPS would not work as accurately as it does if it were not true.
you are talking about things you have no clue about and you look like a fool.
My GPS works because man mapped the world, created and designed the GPS and then programed my GPS to correlate with satellites that are in orbit. A 1st grader can figure that out.

If your works differently do tell how it does.

St. Croix valley

#96113 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Now have they actually been in a black hole to test it and retest it for evidence or is it just speculation and guessing? We can't call it theory because theory's according to science can be tested. Even the article itself says science still does not really understand what goes on inside them. So again it is speculation and guessing that time stops in black holes.
there can be no space when the planck scale is down to infinity...with no space, no time.

please tell me what part of this you do not understand.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96114 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you have zero understanding of mathematics...
you look like a fool when you talk of things you have no knowledge of.
Then do tell me where mathematics came from. Did space and time create mathematics or did man create mathematics?

“Rising”

Level 8

Milky Way

#96115 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Without space, time cannot exist.
Look at the hand of the clock, the hand moved through space in time.
But this is the whole point of the singularity.
If the hand does not move, no time passed.

Inside the Black hole space is compacted to zero
Time is slowed to stop. It could be that way inside with time stationary infinitly. Then the force of gravity weakens and allow space to expand and time to move again.

The universe like inside the black hole was at zero space, the gravity fell allowing space to expand and time to move.

Could have been a singularity 1 minute or infinity , but since you are in it there is no time/space until it expands.
Regardless if it was zero space 1 second or infinity.
time started when space expanded, They in togetherness, space/time had a group hug!:)

St. Croix valley

#96116 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Then do tell me where mathematics came from. Did space and time create mathematics or did man create mathematics?
mathematics express the true nature of the universe.

regardless of where they came from, they describe it well wnough to be called proof, like that of time and space being one. proven fact. proven with real world observations, and yes that means with people being there and observing it.

“Rising”

Level 8

Milky Way

#96117 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Black hole = supermassive BH
Because we know gravity slows time, we know black holes have infinite gravity.
We know mass curves space , black holes have infinite mass.

This was predicted by general relativity before we even found where one was, then we found out there's one in every galaxy.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96118 Aug 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Without space, time cannot exist.
Look at the hand of the clock, the hand moved through space in time.
But this is the whole point of the singularity.
If the hand does not move, no time passed.
Inside the Black hole space is compacted to zero
Time is slowed to stop. It could be that way inside with time stationary infinitly. Then the force of gravity weakens and allow space to expand and time to move again.
The universe like inside the black hole was at zero space, the gravity fell allowing space to expand and time to move.
Could have been a singularity 1 minute or infinity , but since you are in it there is no time/space until it expands.
Regardless if it was zero space 1 second or infinity.
time started when space expanded, They in togetherness, space/time had a group hug!:)
Your argument of with out space time could not exist is comparable to which came first the chicken or the egg. Space could not exist without time, for in the millisecond space started to exist, time had already began for space to start to exist..
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96119 Aug 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Black hole = supermassive BH
Because we know gravity slows time, we know black holes have infinite gravity.
We know mass curves space , black holes have infinite mass.
This was predicted by general relativity before we even found where one was, then we found out there's one in every galaxy.
Science is about evidence. Show me testable evidence that time stops in a black hole or it is all just guess and speculation.

“No time like the present”

Since: Jul 08

to make it happen!

#96120 Aug 5, 2013
I just laid it all out for you all in a couple of easy to digest statements and yet you all go on with your pseudo-science babble.

Can't say I didn't try!

St. Croix valley

#96121 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument of with out space time could not exist is comparable to which came first the chicken or the egg. Space could not exist without time, for in the millisecond space started to exist, time had already began for space to start to exist..
you are not grasping the somple concept that time and space are one. no space, no time. proven fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP, Donald 3 min sheriffs sale 23
The Gettsburg Address 6 min honest observation 60
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 min DondoDork 41,421
LOVE and OTHER BRUISES (Apr '12) 11 min Zani Gray 1,374
Child Sex Offenders 16 min DondoDork 41
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Thigh High Sock 165,437
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 18 min Hoosier Hillbilly 8,624
News Internet horrified by photo of giant 'Texas Red... 1 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 3
More from around the web