Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#96075 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Photons are always traveling the speed of light. Light(in a vacuum) is always traveling at the speed of light, neither takes stops for breaks or rest. Both have zero mass but neither stop nor stop time. So to say either stops time would create a paradox.
Actually, light is composed of photons. Photons from stars are made in the interior of those stars and spend quite a bit of time bouncing around the interior, being absorbed, and reemitted prior to exiting the surface of the star.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96076 Aug 5, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, light is composed of photons. Photons from stars are made in the interior of those stars and spend quite a bit of time bouncing around the interior, being absorbed, and reemitted prior to exiting the surface of the star.
I agree light is made of photons. Maybe I got a little hasty with my answer. Just saying photons do not stop time for they never stop.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#96077 Aug 5, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the question was posed to you!
I believe I posed the question to you.

I am still waiting for an answer.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#96078 Aug 5, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post.......not! but we'll let it go for now dan.
Why ask you about time? Why because those that put all their faith in science usually don't know what they believe.
Do believe in the Big Bang?
Where according to dan did time come from?
You should lay off the booze when you are posting. Your post makes no sense.

Why don't you take some time, to learn how to read and write.
Little Rascal

New York, NY

#96079 Aug 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Darkness or dark is not describing a state of nothing, it is a condition that either does not react or absorbs photons, that means it can be empty space, or matter that is dark.
Empty space is not completely empty, but can lack sufficient matter to reflect or react with light.
Sureee getting dark out here,I hope we see some ghosts.
Stupid me

New York, NY

#96080 Aug 5, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the question was posed to you!
To me?

I am afraid of the dark.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96081 Aug 5, 2013
Instead of you all saying give me your answer and another saying give me yours. Why don't you all just give an answer and compare them.

From what I have read the first question put out on were time came from was put out by The Almighty Tzar on Sat.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#96082 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Photons are always traveling the speed of light. Light(in a vacuum) is always traveling at the speed of light, neither takes stops for breaks or rest. Both have zero mass but neither stop nor stop time. So to say either stops time would create a paradox.
What is a paradox to you isn't for massless energy because time didn't exist for it to begin with. This why entanglement can happen and seem to exceed the speed of light, but it only seemed to because it didn't experience time, you did.
Time doesn't exist for a photon was the meaning until it slows in a medium then time moves very slowly when it passes the medium it speeds back up and time stops for it, same effect passing large gravity fields.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy05/p...

Acceleration dilates time
Acceleration at C dilates time to stand still.
Gravity dilates time
Supermassive gravity dilates time to stand still.

Gravity dilates time black holes curve space/time infinitely therefore time stands still in the event horizon. Until the black hole evaporates and gravity drops allowing time for energy to move again. We see that as a massive gamma ray burst. That was EM escaping because time resumed for an instant.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96083 Aug 5, 2013
And the point of your link is what? That the speed of light slows down as it passes through things then regains it's speed? A man that is running at 17 mph and runs through a wall he as well will slow down but as he goes on he will regain his speed. Nothing in that link said anything about anything making time stand still.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#96084 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
To say a black hole stops time is fiction. A black hole is globe or ball shaped. Anyone or anything that gets near a black hole ends up like a bug on a windshield. Whether a black hole's gravity field can alter time is theory. There is no real evidence that time stops in a black hole for all that enters it, is gone.
if there is no space, there is no time, as the two are together. there is no space in a singularity...
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96085 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if there is no space, there is no time, as the two are together. there is no space in a singularity...
You have evidence of that? I mean real evidence as of someone being there to know that. I don't want speculation or theory.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#96086 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree light is made of photons. Maybe I got a little hasty with my answer. Just saying photons do not stop time for they never stop.
The way it is said is the photon does not experience time , But when it is slowed down less than C. Then the time it is slowed you experience it as timelike geodesic as it traveled one point in your spacetime to another point in your spacetime.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#96087 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
You have evidence of that? I mean real evidence as of someone being there to know that. I don't want speculation or theory.
yes,the mathematics show it to be true. there can be no space with infinite density.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#96088 Aug 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Time can be stopped, photons do it to exist.
Black holes do it with gravity.
"We" couldn't do it physically yet, but it happens.
That's where you are confused with the big bang,
to massless energy time has no meaning.

Now answer the questions.
Can nothing exist?
Can nothing start?
When ever did nothing exist?
"Time can be stopped"

LOL

You should really think before you post.

TIme cannot be stopped. Idiot.
Level 1

Location hidden

#96089 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>Yes time had to be there before anything else got a start.
Yup
Level 1

Location hidden

#96090 Aug 5, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I believe I posed the question to you.

I am still waiting for an answer.
You have strange beliefs for an atheist.
Think about it

West Plains, MO

#96091 Aug 5, 2013
So man says from this thing we invented and call mathematics, which we control and make up the answers to, we say from what we invented that there can be no space with infinite density.

Again you show me no evidence but what man says by something man created. Man controls the outcome of what he creates, even mathematics.
Level 1

Location hidden

#96092 Aug 5, 2013
Think about it wrote:
Instead of you all saying give me your answer and another saying give me yours. Why don't you all just give an answer and compare them.

From what I have read the first question put out on were time came from was put out by The Almighty Tzar on Sat.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
They don't want the answer they want a science explanation of where time came from. Because they can't answer with science they will dodge it.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#96093 Aug 5, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"Time can be stopped"
LOL
TIme cannot be stopped. Idiot.

He gave you two examples of how time can be stopped, you idiot.
Level 1

Location hidden

#96094 Aug 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if there is no space, there is no time, as the two are together. there is no space in a singularity...
A singularity can not exist with out time.

Nothing can exist with out time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 3 min Mega Monster 450
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 3 min SLY WEST 29,746
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 5 min SLY WEST 3,786
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 7 min whatimeisit 26,458
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 8 min SLY WEST 2,734
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 10 min Princess Hey 6,637
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 10 min SLY WEST 4,069
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 49 min -Lea- 24,051
Internal Server Errors 2 hr Dr Wu 37
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Yes lts Me 151,186